• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Official Amazon Open Source release

Search This thread

Mikizio

Jul 7, 2016
For ggow's CM12.1

Don't now whether you already have seen this^, but I think it would be pretty helpful :) @ggow

ggow

Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2014
Amazon Fire
Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact
Don't now whether you already have seen this^, but I think it would be pretty helpful :) @ggow

Yes, I have seen this from since the start of developing CM-11. There is nothing of use in there to kill the remaining bugs or that can help with CM-12

We are at the mercy of Amazon. I messaged them even explaining who I was and what I've been doing with their phones. I asked for help in the to provide libs or help with the a solution to the camera and future versions of android. Even asked if they unlocked the bootloader then I'm sure most of the remaining problems could be solved.

But I guess they don't care. The been looking at the bootloader on and off along with the tz and the [email protected] thing seems unlockable. Hope someone with more knowledge comes along and proves me wrong.

I'm still interested in getting later versions of android but it's proving extremely difficult with the current circumstances we are facing with this device.

I don't understand why Amazon can't just unlock the devices if they are not interested anymore :mad::rolleyes:

@Darth, can we move this thread to the General section?

Last edited:

bigrammy

Apr 8, 2011
huddersfield
Yes, I have seen this from since the start of developing CM-11. There is nothing of use in there to kill the remaining bugs or that can help with CM-12

We are at the mercy of Amazon. I messaged them even explaining who I was and what I've been doing with their phones. I asked for help in the to provide libs or help with the a solution to the camera and future versions of android. Even asked if they unlocked the bootloader then I'm sure most of the remaining problems could be solved.

But I guess they don't care. The been looking at the bootloader on and off along with the tz and the [email protected] thing seems unlockable. Hope someone with more knowledge comes along and proves me wrong.

I'm still interested in getting later versions of android but it's proving extremely difficult with the current circumstances we are facing with this device.

I don't understand why Amazon can't just unlock the devices if they are not interested anymore :mad::rolleyes:

The Fire Phone is listed as one of the devices owned by @Chainfire according to his signature yet we have had nothing from him regarding this phone specifically so maybe it really is unlockable. :eek:

Note to Others:
Trying to unlock the bootloader already cost me one Fire Phone so I doubt I will be doing anymore pioneering in this area :cowboy:
Any Unofficial unlock would likely come from this thread. https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-nexus/themes-apps/app-bootunlocker-nexus-devices-version-t1731993 with the likes of @osm0sis and others still tinkering occasionally
But just remember this Phone is very unforgiving if you mess with it's bootloader :eek:

zerbey

Apr 15, 2013
Sanford, FL

I suspect the reason is if they give us the unlock codes they're afraid we'll reverse engineer the unlock codes for other current devices, I'm willing to bet they're all very similar. It still sucks, though, a Fire Phone running 7.1.1 would be sweet.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I suspect the reason is if they give us the unlock codes they're afraid we'll reverse engineer the unlock codes for other current devices, I'm willing to bet they're all very similar. It still sucks, though, a Fire Phone running 7.1.1 would be sweet.

The Fire Phone is listed as one of the devices owned by @Chainfire according to his signature yet we have had nothing from him regarding this phone specifically so maybe it really is unlockable. :eek:

Note to Others:
    Trying to unlock the bootloader already cost me one Fire Phone so I doubt I will be doing anymore pioneering in this area :cowboy:
    Any Unofficial unlock would likely come from this thread. https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-nexus/themes-apps/app-bootunlocker-nexus-devices-version-t1731993 with the likes of @osm0sis and others still tinkering occasionally
    But just remember this Phone is very unforgiving if you mess with it's bootloader :eek:
    is it different than what's here?