Search This thread

opal06

Oct 22, 2017
BE3pE0l.png

Code:
*** Disclaimer
I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:

Flashing Instructions:

• Detailed installation guide
    Clean install is recommended for first intall, dirty flash is fine for updates.
  • To install MicroG, follow this guide: MicroG install guide
    Make sure to add MicroG repositories to F-Droid to get updates for MicroG components.
  • Alternatively, GAPPS can be installed. Nano install package is recommended.

Sources:
ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
Kernel: https://github.com/opal06/kernel_xiaomi_sleepy

Download:
ROM: Download from official page
Changelog: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_vendor_crDroidOTA/blob/10.0/changelog_daisy.txt

Known issues:
Please tell me! But provide detailed descriptions of the issue and if possible logs!

Thanks to @lacia-chan for the work on trees and kernel!

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
crDroid Community Telegram
Donate to help our team pay server costs

Last edited:

Danielregis

Jul 23, 2012
São José/SC
I need some help, I followed all the steps, there was no error message in the process, however the cell phone turns on and stays on the horus eye logo and does not start, it has 1 hour already

Danielregis

Jul 23, 2012
São José/SC
Which base ROM have you used?

And thank you all for the nice words :)

Btw, the ROM is official now ;)

Tks bro

i´m using daisy_global_images_V10.0.9.0.PDLMIXM_20190514.0000.00_9.0_f9d0c739e0

i will try with another base stock rom today (daisy_global_images_V10.0.18.0.PDLMIXM_20200109.0000.00_9.0_a7b709656c)

update: Same problem :(

Last edited:

Danielregis

Jul 23, 2012
São José/SC
Try to flash the ROM to the other slot too.

ok, i will try that with rom base daisy_global_images_V11.0.7.0.QDLMIXM_20200617.0000.00_10.0_7d0ffb82ac,
does it work well?

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

Try to flash the ROM to the other slot too.

ok, i will try that with rom base daisy_global_images_V11.0.7.0.QDLMIXM_20200617.0000.00_10.0_7d0ffb82ac,
does it work well?

I do the same process but after changing the slot do I flash again?

tks for your time opal06

Os_Herdz

Jan 31, 2019
Install base stock 10.0.18, 10.020, 11.0.7 or 11.0.9
Enable usb debugging
Boot twrp, use offain
Format data
Install rom
Install twrp
Change slot
Reboot to recovery
Install forced encryption disabler
Install gapps (optional)
Install kernel (optional)
Install magisk (optional)
Reboot to system
Enjoy your new rom

No to much difficult, right?

Reactions: DarcyHart

AnonSqualor

Apr 22, 2020
List of Bugs

I'm sorry, but there is a reason why the ROM comes with the kernel it does. Custom kernels can be flashed at will, but functionality is not guaranteed and bugs won't be fixed.

Thank you for the heads up opal06, I am still new to this modding scene and my understanding of how the different components interact with each other is limited; however, I have re-flashed crDroid without using a custom kernel and am still experiencing the issue and can therefore confirm that the bug is present in the "unedited" version of crDroid.

I will try to put a paste-bin logcat for reference.

I will update this specific post with bug details as I keep on testing and using the ROM.

Bug #1:
Issue: SIM Disabling not working.
Workaround: Remove the SIM.
Build Number Tested With: CrDroid - August 15, 2020
Stock Base: v11.0.9.0
Steps to reproduce:
  1. Open Settings
  2. Open network and Internet
  3. Open SIM 2 or SIM 1
  4. Press on button for "Use SIM"
Logcat: Link

Bug #2:
Issue: Green Pixels/Green Overlay in Stock Camera App.
Workaround: Use a third party app.
Steps to reproduce:
  1. Open Camera/Snap
  2. Take a picture.
  3. View photo in Gallery App.
Logcat: Unable to provide as of now due to uninstalling the camera app.

Bug #3:
Issue: Microphone not working properly when using speakers in a call. (Tested with Signal only as of now.)
Workaround: Use earphones or don't use speakers for call.
Steps to reproduce:
  1. Initiate a call.
  2. Turn on speaker.
  3. Ask if the recepient can hear you properly or not.
Logcat: WIP

Bug #4:
Issue: Inconsistent contacts display, some duplicates of the contact are shown.
Details: For example Contact 1, has details xyz.
  • Contact app shows Contact 1 as Contact 1 and Contact 2
  • Contact 1 contains details xy
  • Contact 2 contains details z.
  • Some contacts do however display properly.
Contacts are synced via NextCloud for reference.

Workaround: Use third-party app as of now.
Steps to reproduce:
  1. Open Contacts App

Bug #5:
Issue: OTA not installing update.
Details:
  • OTA/Updater downloads new builds/updates properly.
  • OTA/Updater is unable to install new builds/updates.
  • No notification of any type shows up after pressing on Install and clicking "OK" in the next pop-up.
Workaround: Dirty Flash newest build.
Build Number Tested With: CrDroid - August 10, 2020
Steps to reproduce:
  1. Open Settings
  2. Open crDroid Settings
  3. Navigate to "About crDroid"
  4. Press on Updates
  5. Press the Refresh Button
  6. Download Update
  7. Install Update
  8. Press "OK" / "Install" on popup.
  9. Wait for nothing to happen.

Last edited:

opal06

Oct 22, 2017
New release is out. Main change is a rebase of the device and vendor tree. This fixes the charging LED and a few other bugs like blurrz rendering in some apps. For additional changes to refer to the changelog in OP. OTA might be broken though, feedback is very much appreciated.

Reactions: Pat750

celrau

Mar 24, 2013
Latest release, BT headphones: when receiving a call the notification takes a long time to show at the top of the screen and an even longer time to switch to phone after tapping the green button. That is, if the screen is on, if it is off, the only notification is the vibration. Also no ring tone with BT headphones.
All else so far is great.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:

Flashing Instructions:

• Detailed installation guide
      Clean install is recommended for first intall, dirty flash is fine for updates.
    • To install MicroG, follow this guide: MicroG install guide
      Make sure to add MicroG repositories to F-Droid to get updates for MicroG components.
    • Alternatively, GAPPS can be installed. Nano install package is recommended.

Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Kernel: https://github.com/opal06/kernel_xiaomi_sleepy

Download:
    ROM: Download from official page
    Changelog: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_vendor_crDroidOTA/blob/10.0/changelog_daisy.txt

Known issues:
    Please tell me! But provide detailed descriptions of the issue and if possible logs!

Thanks to @lacia-chan for the work on trees and kernel!

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    crDroid Community Telegram
    Donate to help our team pay server costs
    Hey guys,

new version is up! As always, merged changes from crdroid source. Besides that, this are the major changes:
    - HAL 1/3 switch ported from and by Lupe & Togo
    - Framework/native switched to caf base
    - Face Unlock
    - Better camera app
    - Various smaller changes (Link to full changelog in OP)

Additionally, although this was technically fixed in the last build already, you will now be able to install as OTA if you come from 08/15 build. Have fun! :)

Edit: SIM disabling bug is still present, but please recheck the other ones, thanks :)
    Hello guys,
    I am sorry for my absence this last weeks here on the forum but it was quite a stressful time in my life. Anyway, I am happy to be able to announce that crDroid 7 based on Android 11 is finally ready and will be officially released soon. Check the new thread out here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/android11-microg-crdroid-7.4239379/

However, manual install is necessary and wiping data is mandatory as together with crdroid 7 I wanted to introduce file based encryption, which requires a clean data partition. So for those who can't or simply don't want to wipe data (or simply love Android 10), I will continue building crdroid 6 following a monthly release cicle. The main focus will be security patches and kernel updates.
    After many re-flashes later, I can say that I recommend passing on all the Android 11 based ROMs, and choosing this one. It runs smoothly, has all the features I need and doesn't kill apps immediately after switching to another app.

Only bug I encountered so far: After installation, navigation buttons are not showing and you have to manually enable them in settings. (Easily fixable unless you soft-lock yourself in the font-size selector and have to reboot 😅)
    Ooh, a rom with confirmed microG support! I'm hesitant to switch right now because this phone is my daily driver (and the rom im using is super stable) but I'm very much interested in hearing how well it works for folks.

Err, also a bonus heads up, the installation guide you linked for microG is not official and looks suspicious as hell. Might be an idea to copy its instructions and put them somewhere else and link to the official NanoDroid site/forum post rather than that potential malware place.
    So, as far as stability goes, we are at a good point rn. I am using the ROM myslef with MicroG as a daily driver and I am not facing any major issues. FM radio is buggy though, os if you need that, you might want to wait. As for the installation guide, you are right. I was in a hurry and it seemed correct as far as installation goes, but I will definetly link some other side asap.

I installed this rom (2020-08-21) yesterday. Seems very good so far. Thank you very much!
    FM force closes every time but that is no problem for me at all. Also I couldn't wake up the phone once, the display stayed black and it didn't react at all but that hasn't happened again.
    I'll see what the next few days bring.

But one question left. Can the device be encrypted? Or isn't it possible due to the A/B thing? I'm not quite sure if I tried it with another rom and it didn't work at all or if I just made this up.
    Thanks! FM is buggy and there are two apps at the moment: FM-Radio and UKW-Radio. FM-Radio will fc, but UKW-Radio works (at least it can recieve radio streams and play them). But this might depend from the region you are in and the name of the second app might be different in other languages (I have my phone set to german).
    Encryption should be possible, but I have not tested it myself nor have I heard of anybody doing it. A/B and OTA should not be an issue, as it is handled while the device runs and therefore storage is mounted. But our TWRP still does not handle encryption as far as I know, so TWRP probably will no longer be able to flash or backup anything. Magisk should still work though. All in all, feel free to test if you do not mind reflashing stock in case it goes wrong and report back here, would be interesting to know.