I've had mostly Samsung phones before I recently got the Uley. Sammy's are easier to flash with Odin compared to Mediatek's SP tool, all good tho.
Btw I don't know what camera app you prefer using (stock or 3rd party) but for what it's worth after many tries I've settled on SnapCamera version 8.7.8. The stock cam app is ok, still checking out the new goods with A12, but SnapCamera has a ton of flexibility as far as manual camera controls. Panorama resolution sucks compared to stock panorama res but the ton of other abilities makes up for it.
You can use TTSLex to remove the announcement from Google Phone - Call Recording
(it announces to everyone on the phone call that you're recording them when you start recording..)
In Settings > Security > Google Play Protect > Disable google play protect (this makes installing things google doesnt like work better. I've found it doesnt work as good if you have this enabled before beginning these steps)
Steps I used to remove the announcer
1. Open the Google Phone APK inside Google Play - uninstall/downgrade to the stock version of the app.
2. Open Google Phone - Make a phone call (someone has to actually pick up the phone) - record the phone call (it will be announced that the phone call is being recorded)
3. Download TTSLex
4. Set TTSLex as your phone's text to speech.
5. Open the App Info of Google Phone - force stop
6. I forget if this step is correct or not.. - delete storage/cache for Google Phone apk
(if this doesnt work, try again & skip step #6)
7. Update the Google Phone APK before opening it.
8. Make a phone call & record the phone call - enjoy no more announcer <3
Android Auto - Screen2Auto APK for mirroring your screen onto android auto! (movies/tv shows/youtube on car screen)
1. Open Android Auto via Google Play store & confirm its downgraded/uninstalled to the stock APK.
2. Download AAAD
Contribute to shmykelsa/AAAD development by creating an account on GitHub.
3. Using AAAD - install Screen2Auto
(they only give you 1 free install per month, ive tested them all on this ROM - Screen2Auto is the best to use.)
4. Update Android Auto & enjoy! <3
Pro tip for Screen2Auto - if you go to Screen2Auto > Other Settings > Alternative touch enabled > Profile 2 (Poco)
This allows you to use the touch screen of your car to control your phone while mirroring your screen.
(pause/play videos from car screen)
I also disable the Screen2Auto > Settings Launcher > S2A Launcher
But you could play with it & enable that if it suits you better than me.
(gives you a launcher page for launching apps from Screen2Auto - customize which apps are shown on the launcher etc..)