[Official]Android KitKat 4.4.x for S4 Mini Discussion thread

Search This thread

WebertRLZ

Oct 3, 2012
Belo Horizonte
www.facebook.com
Question

There is a lot of firmware options at Sam Mobile Firmware webpage. For example, I have a French GT-I9195 but now I live in Brazil.
There is no KitKat from the french nor brazilian carriers, so I can look for a KitKat from other countries at that page.
I tried to flash a Slovak version but it failed. I'm using the Belgium version and it's working well.

- What should I concern about when choosing a new firmware?
- What is the main difference?
- How do I know which one is gonna work in Brazil with my french S4 Mini LTE?

Thanks

SilviuMik

Nov 17, 2011
@WebertRLZ
"Usually" the rom made for the country u live in, or a close one
But that`s not always true, is mostly a modem that is more required to be from country u live in or close to u, and rom with bigger changelist number , newer build date

Reactions: WebertRLZ

SilviuMik

Nov 17, 2011
Is there going to be update for the international version, Finland?

Hope so, for now Samsung is moving so slow with updates on S4 mini ... for now only Vodafone, and New Zeland, Spain, Germany, Slovakia got updates for 9195, and for 9192 Russia, India, Chile, 9190 only Russia, Panama, Singapore, Malayesia . still lot of countries did not get :)

Reactions: leripe

Donbuzizie

Aug 24, 2014
HELP!!!

OK guys I think it is time to tell you my short and bitter experience with stock kitkat and the final shocking experience.
About 5 hours ago I updated I9195 to unbranded GERMANY kitkat firmware. The experience was horrific.:mad::mad:
Security options under settings force closes and there is no way I can sideload apps. Then I rooted the phone by flashing CWM via ODIN and the rootkit followed by supersu 2.0 zip. SuperSU then takes forever to disable knox features. When I tried to add my google account it fails. I added the same acc on my old galaxy mini and it worked. Then I thought there was sumthing wrong with Germany KK and downloaded the latest Slovakia KK firmware.
When I tried to flash it, I got an error msg that said "hidden.img" is bad/corrupted and device soft-bricked. Then I thought the latest JB firmware had knox revision/version 2. I then took a brazen step and flashed JB 4.2.2 "UBUBNE2 Brazil unbranded" and it worked like charm.
NOW I AM BACK ON JELLY BEAN. :D:D:D:D :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Did anyone try downgrading from KK to JB? If you want to, flash I9195UBUBNE2 firmware which I think has knox revision 2.

im having exactly the same problem man,but the difference is that after im rooted in, i try to use odin to flash back to jellybean but it fails and i always have to flash int kitkat again. i need help man.
mind you we are using exactly the same phone s4 mini gt i9195 and funny enough we are dealing with exactly the same firmwares(brazil and germany) like we downloaded it together.
pls reply as soon as possible.
donbuzizie2@gmail.com

nunein

Feb 26, 2007
Leimen
Hope so, for now Samsung is moving so slow with updates on S4 mini ... for now only Vodafone, and New Zeland, Spain, Germany, Slovakia got updates for 9195, and for 9192 Russia, India, Chile, 9190 only Russia, Panama, Singapore, Malayesia . still lot of countries did not get :)
Not to forget the Belgium Proximus firmware for the 9195 (Black Edition).

Sent from my black pearl using Tapatalk

Donbuzizie

Aug 24, 2014
Help

Guys i cant connect to a wifi network on the kitkat 4.4.2 upgrade for germany. i could do this before on jellybean 4.2.2.
says AP currently not in use in most cases.
i use an s4 mini gt-I9195

Last edited:

EngelDMT

Aug 25, 2014
Los Teques
www.wss.com.ve
Guys i cant connect to a wifi network on the kitkat 4.4.2 upgrade for germany. i could do this before on jellybean 4.2.2.
says AP currently not in use in most cases.
i use an s4 mini gt-I9195

The Germany ROM a lot of people reported it have problems with Wi-Fi and Rebooting when loading the app...

Try reflash the same ROM again, maybe the first time you flashed it didn't change the modem.

Before that check if im correct in *About Phone*

chris_g

Jul 3, 2007
I have a Swiss unbranded S4 mini I9195 with LTE and 4.2.2. Kies reports PDA: ML4, Phone: ML4, CSC: NA1(AUT). The device shows baseband version I9195XXUBML4. It seems that both unbranded Germany and Spain 4.2.2 use the same baseband version.

Which Kitkat ROM would you recommend? There is a ROM for Switzerland (Swisscom), but this is a branded ROM and probably simlocked, so I don't think that I should use it (I'm not using Swisscom). So should I use Spain (PHE) or Germany (DBT)? Both show the same PDA: I9195XXUCNE6.

Will it be possible to install official AUT update on top of Spain/Germany ROM if it ever gets released?

Thanks!

chris_g

Jul 3, 2007
I checked that too on sammobile.com , but Slovakia (ORS) had a different baseband 4.2.2 before getting Kitikat: I9195XXUBNB3.

chris_g

Jul 3, 2007
OK, since Towelroot is a must for me (Knox is still 0 on my phone), I will not use the Slovakia firmware.

So what's the difference between the one for Spain and the one for Germany? People in this thread seem to have less problems with the one from Spain, so can you recommend it? It's difficult to find information about that firmware...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    Model: GT-I9195
    Model name: GALAXY S4 mini LTE
    Version: Android 4.4.2
    Changelist: 1929618
    Build date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 13:58:27 +0000
    Product Code: ORS
    PDA: I9195XXUCNF7
    CSC: I9195ORSCNF2
    MODEM: I9195XXUCNF7
    Download

Code:
    Model: GT-I9192
    Model name: GALAXY S4 mini DUOS
    Changelist: 1995154
    Build date: Tue, 08 Jul 2014 14:18:14 +0000
    Product Code: SER
    PDA: I9192XXUCNG2
    CSC: I9192SERCNG2
    MODEM: I9192XXUCNG2

Download

Code:
    Model: GT-I9190
    Model name: GALAXY S4 mini
    Changelist: 1995154
    Build date: Thu, 03 Jul 2014 03:51:09 +0000
    Product Code: SER
    PDA: I9190XXUCNG1
    CSC: I9190SERCNG1
    MODEM: I9190XXUCNG1

Download

Samsung USA confirms Android 4.4 KitKat update for multiple devices
    Here’s the full list of devices that will be getting KitKat:
    kitkat-feature.png

• Galaxy Note 3
    • Galaxy Note II
    • Galaxy S4
    • Galaxy S4 mini
    • Galaxy S4 Active
    • Galaxy S4 zoom
    • Galaxy S III
    • Galaxy S III mini
    • Galaxy Mega
    • Galaxy Light
    • Galaxy Note 8.0
    • Galaxy Tab 3
    • Galaxy Note 10.1
    • Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition

Finally something official :)
    Latest 4.4.4 :)
    update_ktu84p_.png

Source
    Source 2
    Source 3 New Info

Let`s keep this thread for rumors / info`s etc :)

Petition Update the Galaxy S4 mini international versions to Android 5.0 Lollipop

kitkat-Update-status.jpg

Samsung-KOT49H-UpdateReport.jpg

samsung-update-list-kitkat-630x432.jpg

mise-%C3%A0-jour-SFR-Mai-2014.png
    tell me more about this "two lines", pls

the two lines are :

ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=0
    pm.sleep_mode=1

you can add these ones on the buid.prop with a files explorer ( but it need root access for that ! ) , and reboot phone to take effect .

the benefit : when the phone have a better deep-sleep ,it's an "extreme" mode...and no problem whit awake (phone ,sms,mms,notifications ...)
    Finally 4.4 stock released:
    http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=30856

Model: GT-I9195
    Model name: GALAXY S4 mini LTE
    Changelist: 1646188
    Build date: Fri, 23 May 2014 10:49:46 +0000
    Product Code: PRO
    PDA: I9195XXUCNE6
    CSC: I9195YPRCNE2
    MODEM: I9195XXUCNE6