Official AOKP ~Discussion Thread~

Search This thread

HeadOfMax

May 26, 2009
While listening to Pandora and surfing my Google plus I started getting process com.android.phone has stopped. Hit OK and it pops up again and again and again. It persists after a reboot albeit much less frequently.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

blueday

Jan 10, 2012
Jb is leaked (I think?). Not official, but there is cm10 and aokp on jb.

And if you ask me, they're running way better than the ICS leaks were. Flash aokp dude!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

Thanks! I figured this out before reading this post. I had no idea before just attempting to do it blindly that you could flash a rom that has a different version than what you are running on your phone already. I've been flipping back and fourth between AOKP and Cyanogen mod the last couple of days. I'm not sure which one I like the most, tbh. So far (don't lynch me) the only difference I see is that AOKP has a way cooler bootscreen. Initiating swagger... SO FREAKIN COOL. Excuse me, I'm still a newb at all of this. It's been really fun messing around with all the new stuff I can do on my phone.

jovyishere

Nov 10, 2012
Help

I have recently flashed my phone from stock GB to JB. The fone works great and would like to thank all the people who posted in here and got me up and running. My problem is that after i flashed i dont see tmobile as a network anymore. I only see att as a service provider. I have a tmobile sim card installed. i can make phone calls and data is fine but sometimes when i go underground and lose service my fone acts funny. For example phone.com fail. or i'll lose wifi...
any help would be appreciated..... yes i did for get to save my apn settings and i did try to search through the forums to no avail..

T313C0mun1s7

Nov 24, 2010
Lake Havasu City, AZ
Jb is leaked (I think?). Not official, but there is cm10 and aokp on jb.

And if you ask me, they're running way better than the ICS leaks were. Flash aokp dude!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app
Thanks! I figured this out before reading this post. I had no idea before just attempting to do it blindly that you could flash a rom that has a different version than what you are running on your phone already. I've been flipping back and fourth between AOKP and Cyanogen mod the last couple of days. I'm not sure which one I like the most, tbh. So far (don't lynch me) the only difference I see is that AOKP has a way cooler bootscreen. Initiating swagger... SO FREAKIN COOL. Excuse me, I'm still a newb at all of this. It's been really fun messing around with all the new stuff I can do on my phone.

It is not a leak, it is official.

AOKP is based on AOSP (the Android OPEN SOURCE Project). This means it is complied from source code, not just a kang of official T-mo firmware. You are confusing official firmware with Touchwiz, which is modified after the fact, and AOSP ROM which are built from scratch from the official source tree released by Google.

Reactions: Bardouns

stormx5

May 22, 2012
Aokp.Co was hacked a few days ago

Follow them on twitter or G+ to get the latest info

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm baaAAaAaaaAAaaaaAacK!!!
    Just added hercules to the official AOKP build list. Every time a new AOKP build is released you can find it for hercules on http://aokp.co/index.php/releases.

Huzzah!
    Wonder if this is a linaro build..

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

Of course. ;)
    just tried that, doesnt work and i friggin want this theme lol, it says "this theme was improperly compiled and cannot be applied.

That randomly happens with themes sometimes. The way to fix is change back to the "system" theme, reboot, then apply the new theme and it should work np.

Also, uploading build 0621 now. Changes included:

~some audio changes (no idea if pandora is fixed, I no longer have this phone)
    ~SNEAK PEAK AT UPCOMING FEATURES
    - Weather panel on lockscreen
    - Weather panel on pulldown shows when it was last updated
    - DRM blobs included so Hulu Plus should now work (this might have been in previous update...)
    - NFC polling (settings > more...)
    - NEW ACHROMATIC THEME BY KWES1020
    ~ not final version as it still needs tweaking - will be included in AOKP in the future.

EDIT: new build is up!
    Reboot fix has been merged into AOKP. Thanks again Eugene. ^^