Official AOSP for Huawei (anne) - LeaOS-PHH (android 13 version)

Search This thread

V10lator

Jul 28, 2015
Munich
Thanks for this. I installed it on a Honor 9 Lite (LLD-L21) and here are my findings:

- Bad performance (screen lagging and stuff).
- Bad battery usage (low battery warning as soon as you disconnect the charger, a full charge holds for just around 2 hours and stuff).
- Hangs sometimes while rebooting (on a black screen after telling it reboots but before the vibration).
- AOSP Mods for Android 12/13 from LSPosed doesn't work. Grab it from github instead.
- Long press of the power button to toggle flashlight doesn't work from any XPosed module (worked fine on "open"Kirin ROMs).
-Can't get safetynet to pass, no matter what I try.

Last edited:

AltairFR

Apr 22, 2021
Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite
Honor 9
Thanks for this. I installed it on a Honor 9 Lite (LLD-L21) and here are my findings:

- Bad battery usage (low battery warning as soon as you disconnect the charger, a full charge holds for just around 2 hours and stuff).
- Hangs sometimes while rebooting (on a black screen after telling it reboots but before the vibration).
- AOSP Mods for Android 12/13 from LSPosed doesn't work. Grab it from github instead.
- Long press of the power button to toggle flashlight doesn't work from any XPosed module (worked fine on "open"Kirin ROMs).
With magisk installed ?

V10lator

Jul 28, 2015
Munich
Try without magisk, and all bug desapear
Thanks for the suggestion but that won't work for me for various reasons:
- The harddrive with the backup of the recovery partition died some years ago, so no way to flash it back.
- When flashing TWRP the phone will always boot into it cause Magisks boot to recovery magic seems to be still there. Only way to stop this is flashing Magisk back.
- I want my phone to be rooted.
- I want to use Magisk modules.
- I want to use XPosed modules and the way to do that without breaking safetynet is through Magisk/zygisk/LSPosed.

For now I exchanged some apps (like the launcher) + am using some XPosed modules to better performance and battery draw but that works to a small extend only. So I guess all I can do now is to wait for either AOSP 13 to become more mature or Magisk getting an update (depending on where the root of this issue is at).

//EDIT: Purchased a new SD card as I thought the old was damaged but the new one shows the exact same issues: The phone crashing after a short moment of power on time when the card is formatted as internal memory.

So I did a bit more research and finally uninstalled Magisk but that made things worse: Now the old bugs are still there (hard to tell how performance/battery is right now as the phone crashes all the time, so take this with a grain of salt) + new ones:
- Phone randomly blackscreening.
- Phone randomly not unlockable (just showing the background image and the status bar on the lock screen).
- No app starts anymore (tiping on the icons just does nothing -- was too fast with this, it's just some apps but that freezes the launcher icons, so after tipping one bad app none is launchable anymore. Anyway, the apps who launch freeze at the splashscreen).
- The Launcher randomly freaking out (just a black screen with status and navbar but no icons or anything).
- Phone discharging while beeing connected to the wall charger (could be a symptom of the device having more boot time than power on time right now thanks to all the crashes and issues).
- Phone refuses to connect to WiFi. -- scrap that, was my routers fault.

So now the phone is completely unuseable for me!

//EDIT²: Okay, the crashes and apps not launching are gone with removing the SD card. Still I need this card as internal memory is way too small, so what to do now?

//EDIT³: Did a bit more research and here's a logcat from removing the screen untill around 2 minute frozen (untill I decided it's enough useless logspam) : https://public.nbg01.v10lator.de/logcat.txt
Also a better description as this isn't really a crash but a warmreboot + boot never finishes, so the device just jumps to the huawei bootanimation (seemingly skipping the bootloader) and then plays the boot animation forever (not looping).
Hope this helps.

//EDIT⁴: Looked into the logcat for myself and here are (a few of, hard to remember anythoing after hours of reading) my findings:

- Repeated warnings about "slow operation", so slow that frames get skipped and stuff.
- No hardware audio/video codecs but software fallbacks.
- Complainings about important files missing on the system partition.
- Not reading some ANE specific file from the system partition for whatever reason.
- The NFC daemon beeing in a crash loop (this is LLD-L21 specific (and most likely also true for other ANE compatible phones who have no NFC hardware) but causes a lot of load, so will see if I can fix this with a Magisk module).
- vold eating 100% CPU on one core untill suddently a ****load of system apps crash. This is the crash I was talking about. I still can't explain it in any way through. A wild guess is that it's somehow connected to the NFC daemon crashes as these are causing issues like aborted broadcasts. The phone might just get more sensible with an SD card inserted or vold is spinlocking waiting for a broadcast or something?

Remember: The logcat was taken without Magisk.

//Next EDIT: Readded Magisk and created a module completely disabling NFC: Performance is better but vold still freaks out, leading to a system crash. I'm out of ideas now, so waiting for your reply.

//One more EDIT: To sum things up, these are my findings:

With Magisk:
- Randomly hangs while rebooting.
- Randomly blackscreening.

XPosed issues:
- Not all things working like expected. This might stem from the XPosed modules needing to get updated through.

Without Magisk:
- High CPU load.
- Bad battery performance.

Unrelated to Magisk:
- Vold freaking out when SD card formatted as internal memory, crashing the whole system.
- No hardware audio-/video codecs used, leading to frameskip and stuff when watching videos.
- SafetyNet not passing.
- Some minor issues logged in logcat where I'm not sure if these are even real issues.

Maybe even the "with Magisk" things are unrelated to Magisk but I didn't test long enough.
Anyway, the biggest issue / highest priority for me is the one with vold.

Last edited:

V10lator

Jul 28, 2015
Munich
Sorry for the double post but it feels like all my previous edits don't get read. Anyway, have a real big problem and need a fast solution:
My phone crashed one more time but this time it boots to erecovery (skyhawk) only. What I tried already:
- Reflash the system partition.
- Do a factory reset from skyhawk.
- Overwrite the misc partition with zeros.

-Alf-

Sorry for the double post but it feels like all my previous edits don't get read. Anyway, have a real big problem and need a fast solution:
My phone crashed one more time but this time it boots to erecovery (skyhawk) only. What I tried already:
- Reflash the system partition.
- Do a factory reset from skyhawk.
- Overwrite the misc partition with zeros.
A. Flash stock Recovery and install service ROM via dload
B. Flash stock eRecovery and use option "Download latest version etc."
C. EDIT: Nvm, it's for ANE-LX1, sorry.

Last edited:

V10lator

Jul 28, 2015
Munich
A. Don't have a backup of the partition (harddrive it was stored died years ago) and uninstalling Magisk through skyhawk fails cause the data partition had been destroyed while factory resetting.
B. eRecovery backup had been deleted while doing the factory reset.
C. This is for another phone than mine. For mine you won't find firmware files online, so no way to go back to stock.

So any other solutions?

srt54558

LeaOS is a project which based on AOSP with trebledroid patches.

Changelog :

LeaOS-AOSP Dec 2022 version (08/12)

• Move to android13-r16 (Dec SPL)
  • Support data encryption (stock huawei kernel only)
  • Remove Seedvault backup
  • Add Magisk support (need securize phone before)

LeaOS-AOSP Nov 2022 version (09/11)
  • Add Android Beam NFC and HCE NFC
  • Move to android13-r14 (Nov SPL)
  • Fix offline charging (no need patch now)
  • Reduce img size by remove apex files in system_ext
LeaOS-AOSP Oct 2022
  • Add Google Apps version
  • Fix NFC
  • Move to android13-r11
  • Add offline charging patch
LeaOS-AOSP Oct 2022 version (05/10)
  • Fix screen-recorder crash
  • Enable adb root
  • Move to android13-r8
  • First release with android13-r4

Pre-requisite :

You must have TWRP installed, see this post to install it : https://xdaforums.com/t/guide-emui9-p20-lite-basics.4341373/

Installation

More informations to install here : https://xdaforums.com/t/guide-emui9-p20-lite-basics.4341373/

Source Code:

ROM OS Version: Android 13.0
ROM Kernel: Stock kernel or Phenix 4.9.302 and sup
ROM Firmware Required: EMUI 9
Based On: Google AOSP + TrebleDroid patches

Credits:

And all the others who tested my patches and helped me improve this ROM

Kernel :

Support Group
Channel update
Thank you ALOT for the Android 13 Rom!!!

Can I get the boot.img please? I want to root my P20 lite (ANE-LX1 / LeaOS Rom with Google apps / Phenix kernel / Twrp / decrypt) with magisk but I don't have the boot IMG and the phone does not support ramdisk.

Regards

Abdelhay.ali

Oct 9, 2022
Huawei P20 Lite

Rxfireblade

Nov 4, 2014

wich version u download for honor 9 lite?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1665034336189.png

LeaOS is a project which based on AOSP with trebledroid patches.
    This build includes settings parameters for Huawei ANE-LX1 (P20 Lite) as well as several evolutions:
    • Offline charging
    • AGPS Supl20
    • SafetyNet
    • GCam for kirin

Changelog :

LeaOS-AOSP May 2023 version

• Move to android13-r44 (May SPL)
    • All variant are now mono-modem to avoid LTE/data disconnection
    • Safetynet pass with dynamic spoof pixel model

LeaOS-AOSP April 2023 version
    • Move to android13-r41 (April SPL)
    • Fix audio bug
    LeaOS-AOSP March 2023 version
    • Move to android13-r35 (April SPL)
    LeaOS-AOSP Feb 2023 version (24/02)
    • Move to android13-r29 (Feb SPL)
    • Add AGPS supl20 features
    • Add securize and pass safetynet (option in TrebleApp Setting)
    • Reduce lag UI

LeaOS-AOSP Jan 2023 version (05/01)
    • Move to android13-r24 (Jan SPL)

LeaOS-AOSP Dec 2022 version (08/12)
    • Move to android13-r16 (Dec SPL)
    • Support data encryption (stock huawei kernel only)
    • Remove Seedvault backup
    • Add Magisk support (need securize phone before)

LeaOS-AOSP Nov 2022 version (09/11)
    • Add Android Beam NFC and HCE NFC
    • Move to android13-r14 (Nov SPL)
    • Fix offline charging (no need patch now)
    • Reduce img size by remove apex files in system_ext
    LeaOS-AOSP Oct 2022
    • Add Google Apps version
    • Fix NFC
    • Move to android13-r11
    • Add offline charging patch
    LeaOS-AOSP Oct 2022 version (05/10)
    • Fix screen-recorder crash
    • Enable adb root
    • Move to android13-r8
    • First release with android13-r4
    • Wireless Display

Pre-requisite :

You must have TWRP installed, see this post to install it : https://xdaforums.com/t/guide-emui9-p20-lite-basics.4341373/

Installation

More informations to install here : https://xdaforums.com/t/guide-emui9-p20-lite-basics.4341373/

Source Code:

ROM OS Version: Android 13.0
    ROM Kernel: Stock kernel or Phenix 4.9.302 and sup
    ROM Firmware Required: EMUI 9
    Based On: Google AOSP + TrebleDroid patches

Credits:

And all the others who tested my patches and helped me improve this ROM

Kernel :

Support Group
    Channel update
    Worked baseband thanks iceows
    - issue aosp screen record not working LeaOS 13
    IMG_20221006_202307_422.jpg
    I have honor play with kirin 970 chaps with emui 9.1 this GSI boot in my phone fine but camera not work in my phone , it is show Image but it is freezing and stop camera app after that
    Great ROM, grazie. Magisk not work.
    Only one little problem, GPS is very slow to fix.
    For gps slow, do you have flash the patch agps ? For magisk i don't found the problem (For the moment )
    there stands: kernel version 4.9.148

i flashed phenix kernel last winter - i am not sure if there is now stock-kernel because i had to flash stockrom before i flashed android 13
    The new phenix kernel is 4.9.319 with erofs