[OFFICIAL] AOSP Q Mod //CAOS

D

Deleted member 10109536

Installed on UMIDIGI F1 PLAY successfully, and it runs wonderfully. Fingers crossed that it doesn't randomly boot-loop. Hopefully, I haven't jinxed it. Runs really smooth, no temperature issues, and no major or minor bugs as far I've gone. Only one I've come across is that trying to edit Navbar settings in System UI Tuner crashes the Settings app. I don't have any Bluetooth devices to test with, so I can't say much about that. Everything else I've tried worked. I'll be sure to post more if I come across anymore issues. For now? It's great, and I'm sticking with it. Only bummer that might get me to downgrade to the Android 10 version of this ROM is that I can't use Immersive Mode to hide the Navigation Bar. Any tips?

D

Deleted member 10109536

I used it for about a day, and it works splendidly on the UMIDIGI F1 PLAY. I'll be downgrading to the Android 10 version, though, as there have been some changes made in Android 11 that I really don't like (No Immersive Move, can't access Android/data folder, and a few other small changes implemented by Google). Not the ROM's fault, though. If the person reading this has been considering CAOS: Give it a shot. If it works, it'll work great, I think. Ran like butter on my phone. Seriously loved the features. Keep up the great work, OP.

Incomtus

Apr 30, 2016
soundcloud.com
I am facing an issue, when I finish a call using earphones, the volume control doesn't switch back to notifications volume... Like if i was still on call... So, when the call is finished there is no more notification sound until I reboot.... I noticed that it happen if I plug earphones while I am calling

Edit I m not sure but I think we must unset "force headsets switch" in treble settings misc features, lol I am answering to myself but I hope it can help if you realized this issue

Last edited:
Reactions: hacker812c
D

Deleted member 10109536

can i flash this with my redmi note 9 merlin?
Depends. Is your phone supported by Treble? If so: then, yes, you can. If you don't already know: you'll need to use ADB to reboot into fastboot, and, from there, you flash the GSI image to your system partition. Be careful that you download the specific variant of the ROM that your phone supports. You'll need to see if your phone is AB or A partitioned, and the architecture it uses. Otherwise: you'll brick. ALSO VERY IMPORTANT: Wipe your data. I personally wipe everything besides external storage (my phone supports an SD card), but, according to most guides, wiping data is an absolute must. Might also want to wipe system to make way for the GSI. Find a guide online for specifics.

dokja28

Feb 17, 2021
Depends. Is your phone supported by Treble? If so: then, yes, you can. If you don't already know: you'll need to use ADB to reboot into fastboot, and, from there, you flash the GSI image to your system partition. Be careful that you download the specific variant of the ROM that your phone supports. You'll need to see if your phone is AB or A partitioned, and the architecture it uses. Otherwise: you'll brick. ALSO VERY IMPORTANT: Wipe your data. I personally wipe everything besides external storage (my phone supports an SD card), but, according to most guides, wiping data is an absolute must. Might also want to wipe system to make way for the GSI. Find a guide online for specifics.
thanks for the info man, can i use treble check app if i want to know im supported by Treble?

D

Deleted member 10109536

thanks for the info man, can i use treble check app if i want to know im supported by Treble?
Yes, you can, but I have have heard that there is a specific app to use. Others might give you incorrect info, apparently. Just watch out, I guess. The app will also tell you which architecture your phone is, as well as whether it uses A/B partitioning or not.

mirzanuman6612

Apr 14, 2017
I have redmi note 9 as well. Code name: merlin, running on the latest miui 12.0.6. redmi note 9 is completely treble supported. I have installed multiple gsi's on it including this one. Make sure to install the arm64 a/b file.

meruem56

Feb 21, 2021
I have redmi note 9 as well. Code name: merlin, running on the latest miui 12.0.6. redmi note 9 is completely treble supported. I have installed multiple gsi's on it including this one. Make sure to install the arm64 a/b file.
hey mate i have redmi note 9 merlin as well can i flash this rom with miui 12.0.6 global or do i need to flash 12.0.3

Gomeman

Aug 31, 2020
Thanks for fixing media sound policy for A-only.
Platform tools adb detects my device also.
Can transfer files from/to PC to device.
In PHH MSIC if i active superuser it goes all unstable and reboots. But if i flash a PHH superuser zip with TWRP it works ok. I will attach the files that works for me.
Magisk not posible to flash . NOt even PHH versions. Stays in logos phone.
Safetynet doesnt pass CTS profile.
At the moment its the best mod.

Attachments

Last edited:

eremitein

May 16, 2017
In PHH MSIC if i active superuser it goes all unstable and reboots. But if i flash a PHH superuser zip with TWRP it works ok. I will attach the files that works for me.
some notes about dynamic root
- need no Magisk in boot, re-flash clean boot.img
- need no pre-installed SuperUser apk, remove it if installed before (dynamic root uses it's own)
so, re-flash boot.img and GSI and just try enable SuperUser

Safetynet doesnt pass CTS profile.
if used permament root - impossible pass
(see video, how it works on my device)

At the moment its the best mod
thanks

Reactions: IamTheBRAVE

Gomeman

Aug 31, 2020
some notes about dynamic root
- need no Magisk in boot, re-flash clean boot.img
- need no pre-installed SuperUser apk, remove it if installed before (dynamic root uses it's own)
so, re-flash boot.img and GSI and just try enable SuperUser

if used permament root - impossible pass
(see video, how it works on my device)

thanks
Thanks . Flashed clean boot.img . Working ok dynamic root.
Only thing cant get safetynet passing on my phone.
Dont know how to modify commands secure bin file in phh folder.
Pixel props that worked for me was using google pixel 3