[OFFICIAL] AOSP R Mod //CAOS11

Search This thread

chaseadam

Dec 28, 2012
...on PH-1 (mata) this build starts with SELinux permissive, which after Magisk becomes disabled(!). For comparison, other PHH based ROMs start with enforcing...
From my research it is part of the kernel cmdline now, but not sure where that is set. I am willing to re-compile.

I would prefer a recommended non-Magisk method to setenforce survive reboots. It appears most solutions just execute setenforce during the boot process, but use frameworks like Magisk to manage it. What is the recommeded way to add a "boot script" in Android 11?

Reactions: eremitein
From my research it is part of the kernel cmdline now, but not sure where that is set. I am willing to re-compile.

I would prefer a recommended non-Magisk method to setenforce survive reboots. It appears most solutions just execute setenforce during the boot process, but use frameworks like Magisk to manage it. What is the recommeded way to add a "boot script" in Android 11?
Instead of a 'boot script' this, but if you can compile, than set 'BOARD_KERNEL_CMDLINE += androidboot.selinux=enforcing'

chaseadam

Dec 28, 2012
I know this will come as a disappointment, but on PH-1 (mata) this build starts with SELinux permissive, which after Magisk becomes disabled(!). For comparison, other PHH based ROMs start with enforcing, and after Magisk become permissive. Same everything else. The only change is system.img. With that though, when set to Pixel 5, the ROM passes SafetyNet. Odd.
Thanks for the pointers MarSOnEarth! I now have "enforcing".

Seems that selinux status is set by the boot.img (which I presume you are getting from nguyenquangduc2000's AOSP 11 download). That has the cmdline set to `permissive`. You can modify the cmdline with `abootimg` by extracting bootimg.cfg and then updating boot.img with the modification.

Code:
➜  AOSP11 abootimg -x boot.img
writing boot image config in bootimg.cfg
extracting kernel in zImage
extracting ramdisk in initrd.img
➜  AOSP11 ls
boot.img  bootimg.cfg  initrd.img  system.img  vendor.img  zImage
➜  AOSP11 cat bootimg.cfg
cmdline = quiet androidboot.hardware=mata user_debug=31 msm_rtb.filter=0x37 ehci-hcd.park=3 lpm_levels.sleep_disabled=1 sched_enable_hmp=1 sched_enable_power_aware=1 service_locator.enable=1 swiotlb=2048 androidboot.configfs=true androidboot.usbcontroller=a800000.dwc3 loop.max_part=7 androidboot.selinux=permissive firmware_class.path=/vendor/firmware_mnt/image buildvariant=userdebug veritykeyid=id:7e4333f9bba00adfe0ede979e28ed1920492b40f
➜  AOSP11 vi bootimg.cfg
➜  AOSP11 abootimg -u boot.img -f bootimg.cfg
➜  AOSP11 adb reboot bootloader
➜  AOSP11 sudo fastboot flash boot_a boot.img
Sending 'boot_a' (25057 KB)                        OKAY [  0.839s]
Writing 'boot_a'                                   OKAY [  0.765s]
Finished. Total time: 1.628s
➜  AOSP11 sudo fastboot reboot
Rebooting                                          OKAY [  0.000s]
Finished. Total time: 0.050s

warchild98

Nov 27, 2015
Fingerprint not working after reboot on nokia 6.1 (PL2) XD.
Btw, wifi did not reconnect automatically..so i flashed enigma kernel and now it's working just fine (but the fingerprint issues is related to rom and i'm waiting for a fix).
Bluetooth wasn't working either..so i disabled AD2P offload and now it's all good.
That's it for now i guess.

Reactions: elocnix

eremitein

May 16, 2017
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite

Attachments

• photo_2022-01-22_17-09-14.jpg
    photo_2022-01-22_17-09-14.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 73

selo28

Sep 25, 2013
Smsung a8 plus sma730f için This i am using vendor but i am having some problems.

Hang up.mobile data etc. Could the problem be with the vendor?
How can I use gsi versions on this device without any problems?

eremitein

May 16, 2017
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
IT SHOULD read with an actual statement. If you're going to release buggy shi*, THEN HAVE SOME ACCOUNTABILITY
who are you to judge developers?.. well, if i did release a buggy shi* - give me the logs of issues which you have in my gsi but haven't in aosp. and even after that I don't owe you anything, read opening topic and disclaimer about void warranty and your personal ACCOUNTABILITY

Reactions: thf1973

elocnix

Jan 16, 2016
Hi all!
Thank you for this @eremitein, it really saved me a lot of nerves. (y)
So, here it goes.

Nokia 3.2 DS
(codename: deadpool_sprout; arm64, ww00 version, latest December 2021 OTA)

Flashed caos-v314-211227-arm64-bvZ-lite last week and it's great!
Few glitches as expected, but overall it's flawless.

There were minor sound issues but after I enabled Use alternate audio policy
(Phh Treble/Qualcomm features) they were gone.
Bluetooth worked out of the box, but only for data transfer.
Sound was a no-go (speakers, headphones) but thanks to @warchild98's post
I also did Force-disable A2DP offload and now it's doing good.

That's it for now. Over and out!
🍻

Last edited:

Macusercom

Forum Moderator
Staff member
IT SHOULD read with an actual statement. If you're going to release buggy shi*, THEN HAVE SOME ACCOUNTABILITY
Please step it down a notch. You can of course state your opinion and say that it is buggy, unusable etc. but there is no need for cursing. No developer has intentions of releasing buggy software and users here are just trying to help.

XDA is a platform for everyone with projects like this allowing for users to compile it themselves and change things if they are unsatisfied. If you're like I am and never having compiled a ROM or kernel before, you and I are in the same boat: at the grace of the energy and time provided by developers 😉

Last edited:

whitetigerdk

Jun 1, 2010
Odense
www.dkmdesign.dk
Love this ROM as my daily driver on P20 Lite.. Any plans on CAOS 12 S ? Seen (and tried) a few other S GSI's on my Huawei phone - and they seem to be working quite nice.. Would rather go with a CAOS 12 S instead though...

I have installed this GSI on my SM-T500 and I can tell that it feels more responsive than the LOS 19 GSI. 👀
microG and Magisk seem to work properly!
I have ran into this one issue though, apps crash when they ask for a permission (for example access to the dialer) when you give or not give it those permissions. Permissions do get applied though.

elocnix

Jan 16, 2016
Thanx for a new release @eremitein!

Dirty flash (same version though v314>>v315-arm64-bvZ-lite)
on Nokia 3.2 and 'fastboot erase cache' just in case.
So far, so good. (y)

I noticed one small change in Phh Treble Settings/Misc features/Disable HW overlays is checked by default.
Not sure should I leave it like that, because it 'Eats more CPU and battery'. :)

Cheers!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Absolutely awesome CAOS (y). The only two GSIs that ran well on my Galaxy M21 2021 Edition & Redmi note 10 Mojito were CrD GSI & CAOS GSI . The problems with CrD was after each reboot the screen was flashing white and every time I had to reboot 3-4 times to get to home screen but the CrD customizations were great! with CAOS everything went SUPER! each time I reboot back from TWRP to OS no issues there wifi blutooth all working well just that CAOS customizations were minimal. Both the GSIs couldn't Give Write-To-SD but CAOS did manage to copy normal root directories to SDcard which CrD couldn't (not that it helped much) but just saying. IMAO I found CAOS better in terms of smotthness and speed. GREAT JOB PHUSSON & whoever developed CAOS GSI.All the ROMs & GSI need Write-to-SD feature which is blocked in Andro 11 onwards IMO.
    :love: Just found the link to newer version CAOS :
    [ https://sourceforge.net/projects/treblerom/files/CAOS11/2021.05.07/ ]
    Hello I have a problem this custom ROM on Lenovo TB-X606F tablet. When CAOS 11 is installed and I want to reboot, TWRP brings a message that OS is not installed do you want to reboot? Then sticks twice at Lenovo logo and boots to TWRP.... It doesn't boot at the that ROM... Any ideas please?
    For GSI to work the Device has to be on minimum Android 8 Oreo Firmware, If the device had original OS android 7 or older GSI wont work as it is based on project treble.
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    C A O S 11

< Your warranty is now void! >
    We're not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you

CAOS 11 (Custom AOSP OS) is a project which based on @phhusson's Treble GSI AOSP 11. I began it because original project have not only pros (stability, speed, support) but also some issues and limitations - pure AOSP code have some bugs / haven't much useful things and it's a hard way pulling it. So i did this fork. System can run with SELinux enforced state, as an original Phh AOSP GSI. Fully compatible with PHH-Treble patches. Has dynamic root which can be activated/deactivated without reboot - 'su' binary and SuperUser app (can works on all devices even with system read-only). Also has dynamic SafetyNet helper (but it compatible not with all devices), users have four ways to pass SafetyNet: a. just enable SafetyNet option (recommended) b. disable SafetyNet and enable "Spoof Pixel 5" then reboot c. enable both options and reboot d. mount system as RW and create empty file /system/phh/secure (legacy method), and in the Recovery do Wipe Data or Factory reset

UPDATE VERSION
    latest build:
    treble patches: v316
    SPL: 5 Mar 2022

FEATURES/CHANGES
    see Project page changelog

DOWNLOAD (CL1CK HERE)
    vanilla, gapps, go-gapps: all possible architectures

NAMING
    Some information you should know about knowing what type of gsi it is

<ARCH>_xyZ

<ARCH>
    can either be arm, a64 (arm32_binder64) or arm64
    x
    can either be a or b
    y
    can either be v, o, g or f
    Z
    can be N or S

b
    = a/b
    a = a-only

g = gapps
    o = gapps-go
    v = vanilla (no gapps included)
    f = floss (free & open source apps instead gapps)

N = no superuser
    S = superuser included
    Z = dynamic superuser included

-lite = for VNDK Lite vendors (also can help with broken camera even on normal VNDK vendors)

so in most common example "arm64_avZ" is ARM64 A-only vanilla with dynamic superuser

CONTACTS
    > telegram group
    > project page

KN0WN BUGS
    • excluding fixes, the same as on AOSP Roar (in some cases doesn't work: broadcasting on TV, calls via BT; offline charging does not work normally etc etc)
    NOTE: always test ROM first without Magisk (with clean boot ramdisk). and don't send me bug reports if you have:
    a) Magisk installed
    b) modified/custom vendor or kernel
    c) dirty flashing rom without wiping data
    d) modified props values (another device fingerprint and so on)

CREDITS
    persons: @phhusson
    projects: TrebleGSI • BlissROMs • crDroid • PixelExperience • ION • neon-OS • Havoc-OS • LineageOS • Evolution-X • LiquidRemix • ExtendedUI • GrapheneOS • ABC Rom • SyberiaOS • RevengeOS • ProtonAOSP
    CAOS v315 2022.01.21
    download /// changelog
    CAOS v313 2021.09.11
    download /// changelog
    CAOS v312 2021.08.15
    download /// changelog
    CAOS v308 2021.05.27
    download /// changelog