[OFFICIAL] Arrow OS [Pie] [9.0] [TISSOT]

Search This thread

ivomin

Nov 25, 2016
hay i clean flash the rom but after flashing gap & magisk when i boot in system it ask for Password while i already remove my all passwords and when i entered my pass its say your password is correct however we need to do a factory reset than its boot in stock recovery every time , i flash the Stock using fastboot , and flash again but same problem, any solution for same???

Do wipe of system, data, cache on both A and B partitions.
Then without reboot install twrp and reboot to recovery.
Switch to A if not in A and install rom and twrp again(just to be sure). Reboot in recovery again (check in reboot menu after boot it should be on slot B). Install gapps(nano,pico or micro), magisk, any custom kernel (if you use) in that order.
Reboot system and wait... it should reboot twice switching the partitions automatically and then you'll see the big Star Trek Combadge ;). Then continue to normal login operations. The setup might ask you for PIN but it is cloud and should be the same as it was in the last backup your device has done to the cloud.
This is what is called clean flash.
Your issue might be from that you haven't wiped both A and B and you had some system data in one of the partitions left.

Reactions: maxsan20

hybridminds

Nov 6, 2015
Can you add option for 180 degrees rotation? It's a very simple feature but find it very useful when using the phone in bed or while lying down with charger or headphones connected.

bastadur

Dec 16, 2017
Can someone tell me what are the advantages and disadvantages of going from stock to this?

OBLiX11

Dec 17, 2017
Arrow os

Can some 1 help me as my wifi speed is 15mbps and i am only getting about 3-4 mbps speed in this rom. Please help me.:crying:

Mohit4

Aug 16, 2014
It's wierd, but after installing this rom I am not able to use jio volte in my device. I reverted back to oreo based roms but still no luck. Currently using the stock rom, as volte is only working in the stock rom. Please help me to fix this issue.

ivomin

Nov 25, 2016
Can someone tell me what are the advantages and disadvantages of going from stock to this?

Well, the advantages are that it is android P and that it is fully opened to the public. You can watch the sources, make amendments or anything you like.
The Disadvantages are that it is still in developing stage and every update can worsen things or make things better. It is possible that it can be unstable. And many apps are not quite ready for P. Also some apps manage to detect you are using custom rom and don't work (MS business accounts).

Reactions: Xaviers101

Vel-San

Mar 16, 2013
Berlin
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Can you please start including change log in OP or in a new comment? It's frustrating not knowing what has been changed. Also, Change log button in OTA updater isn't working for some reason.

Reactions: Yummyrummy
Nov 28, 2005
hay i clean flash the rom but after flashing gap & magisk when i boot in system it ask for Password while i already remove my all passwords and when i entered my pass its say your password is correct however we need to do a factory reset than its boot in stock recovery every time , i flash the Stock using fastboot , and flash again but same problem, any solution for same???

I had this issue when coming from a stock ROM. I was tearing my hair out for nearly 24 hours with it.

My solution was, in TWRP, when you go to wipe, before you click "Advanced Wipe" there's a separate button for "Format Data". I had to press that, then reboot back into recovery afterwards, otherwise I would have the same thing, where I'm asked for my password, then told I need to factory reset.

Hope this helps

OBLiX11

Dec 17, 2017
My wifi speed reduces in my phone if I install this rom. Is there any way i can increase the speed. I used to get 15mbps but now only get 3-4mbps. Please help me.

Fraot

Nov 30, 2015
Sootopolis
Since for some reason my messages in telegram keep geting deleted and nobody answers there.... I'll ask here.

Is there a safe way to update to a newer build? I know you suggest dirty flash, but the last time I updated, I dirty flashed the 22 of september build (coming from 15 sep) and everthing was a mess. What did I do wrong?

Every Google app was crashing nonstop even though I wiped system, flashed ROM, flashed GApps, flashed Magisk and all that. I don't want that to happen again and that's why I was hesitant to update to this 30 of september build. I ended up wiping everything and made a clean flash instead.

So I'll wait to the next update coming in one or two days.

Last edited:

ivomin

Nov 25, 2016
Since for some reason my messages in telegram keep geting deleted and nobody answers there.... I'll ask here.

Is there a safe way to update to a newer build? I know you suggest dirty flash, but the last time I updated, I dirty flashed the 22 of september build (coming from 15 sep) and everthing was a mess. What did I do wrong?

Every Google app was crashing nonstop even though I wiped system, flashed ROM, flashed GApps, flashed Magisk and all that. I don't want that to happen again and that's why I was hesitant to update to this 30 of september build. I ended up wiping everything and made a clean flash instead.

So I'll wait to the next update coming in one or two days.

Safest is always the clean (wipe A and B data,system,caches) install. Otherwise for dirty... Change the slots to the one in which you installed the rom. Then install rom and twrp. Reboot (it should change the slot to the other one). Install gapps, magisk, custom kernel (if any). Delete cache in both slots and reboot.

Fraot

Nov 30, 2015
Sootopolis
Safest is always the clean (wipe A and B data,system,caches) install. Otherwise for dirty... Change the slots to the one in which you installed the rom. Then install rom and twrp. Reboot (it should change the slot to the other one). Install gapps, magisk, custom kernel (if any). Delete cache in both slots and reboot.

Ok. Didn't know about wiping cache in both slots.

Now. Is is ok if I restore my data partition after an update?

ivomin

Nov 25, 2016
Ok. Didn't know about wiping cache in both slots.

Now. Is is ok if I restore my data partition after an update?

For dirty flash it is not necessary to delete anything except for the cache.

Please keep in mind that depending on what is changed on the ROM itself it might get instable. You are basically mixing files together overwriting the same ones and if there are some that should be removed and they are not then.....

Reactions: Fraot

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

ArrowOS

ABOUT
    ArrowOS is an AOSP based open source project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat. We added just the right and mostly used stuff that will be actually USEFUL at the end of the day.

Telegram: Channel | Group
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact

To apply for maintainership Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    • EVERYTHING ;)
    • Backlight now working fine.
    • Fp gestures added.
    • Adaptive brightness is fine.
    • Enable MTP from developer options.
    • Gcam fix is now prebuilt, no need to flash gcamfix separately. Just be sure to flash the gapps.
    • Front portraits with a2 cam are greyed. For this, use HDR mode :)

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • You Tell ME ;)
    • Pie sources are still developing. Every rom is in development stage. So there might be one or two issues.
    Be sure to include a log : check how to

INSTRUCTIONS
    Clean Flash
    1. Download and Use Cosmic Dan's recovery. (Recommended)
    2. Perform a FULL WIPE as described below if coming from another ROM or a different version of Android.
    3. (A full wipe is when you wipe System + Data + Cache + Dalvik ART Cache)
    4. Reboot to recovery
    5. Flash the latest version of the ROM
    6. Reboot to recovery
    7. Flash recommended GAPPS and latest Magisk (optional)
    8. Reboot and ENJOY!!
    Dirty Flash
    1. Download the ROM
    2. Wipe: Dalvik and Cache
    3. Flash ROM (+Magisk if rooted previously or if want root)
    4. Reboot to recovery
    5. Flash gapps
    6. Reboot to system, Enjoy

DOWNLOADS

ROM: Click Here for ROM
    Gapps: Click Here for GApps

JOIN FOR LATEST UPDATES

Note : To use gcam, Gapps are necessary so remember to flash gapps and now no need to flash gcamfix it's already included in Rom :) . Pico or Micro Gapps are recommended. We don't prefer STOCK/HEAVY Gapps.

SCREENSHOTS

Source Code
    Device Sources:
    device tree | kernel | vendor

Special thanks to
    @abhishek987 @VenkatVV @ghpranav @akhilnarang @riteshsaxena
    @ataberkozen | My all testers
    AOSP
    LineageOS
    Ezio Lacandia Bijelkic
    Maxwen
    Alex Cruz
    scoute-dich
    Tibor Kaputa
    And all other Open Source - Developers,Teams and Organisations
    DM if we missed someone - you can always look at GitHub to find more contributors! :highfive:

ROM WILL BE UPDATED WEEKLY EVERY SATURDAY ;)
    Latest build- 30 September
    Last updated- 30 September

XDA:DevDB Information
    [OFFICIAL] Arrow OS [Pie] [9.0] [TISSOT], ROM for the Xiaomi Mi A1

Contributors
    saksham_033, Saksham_033, Abhishek987
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest firmware and modem i.e, November firmware and modem
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 9.x
    Stable Release Date: 2018-11-26

Created 2018-11-27
    Last Updated 2018-11-26
    Okay. The wait is over... ArrowOs weekly is released..

New update is here :- https://xdaforums.com/mi-a1/development/unofficial-arrow-os-t3841299/post77595004#post77595004

Join tg group - https://t.me/arrowtissot

Hit the thanks button if you like my work keeps me motivated. :)
    Enjoy have a good day

Changelog :-

* Gcam prebuilt now
    * Fixed status bar padding
    * Added some battery tiles
    * Fixed too many fp attempts
    * App ops
    * Add heads up tile
    * Theme power menu items
    * Add Pixel Animations for Smart Battery and other parts
    * Add support for CuztomDoze packages
    * Remove extra padding in status bar
    * Fix Settings search bar "white" outline on Black / Dark themes
    * Add Lockscreen Visualizer
    * Add Caffeine Tile
    * Various fixes for Lockscreen Weather
    * Implemented Burn in protection for Status and Nav Bar
    * Add partial and full screenshot support
    * Allow Battery Reset
    * Set Brightness mode thumb based on mode
    * Add HW Keys tile
    * Require to unlock phone for enabling Mobile Data and Wifi now
    * Imported & Merged all the translations as per 22 September 2018
    * Updated AOSP keyboard package
    * Various core optimisations and fixes vulkan to 1_1

More you explore.

Recommend clean flash this because there are many changes. So, to avoid problems, do a clean flash
    OP UPDATED WITH LATEST BUILD. BUBYE BUGS :)
    CHANGELOG
    1- ADDED GCAMFIX PREBUILT
    2- ADDED SWIPE ON FP GESTURE
    3- FIXED BACKLIGHT
    4- FIXED ADAPTIVE BRIGHTNESS

LINK TO OP :- https://xdaforums.com/mi-a1/development/unofficial-arrow-os-t3841299/post77595004#post77595004

NOTE :- FRONT PORTRAITS FROM A2 CAM ARE GREYED. BACK WORK FINE. USE GCAM FOR FRONT PORTRAITS. THANKS :)

DON'T FORGET TO HIT THE THANKS BUTTON AND GIVE REVIEWS. :)

ROM WILL BE OFFICIAL SOON.

JOIN TELEGRAM GROUP :- t.me/arrowtissot

THANKS TO MY TESTER :) - @Reffter :)
    Okay guys, so the new update is Up.?

Link :- https://sourceforge.net/projects/arrow-os/files/arrow-9.x/tissot/

14th oct latest build

WEEKLY Changelog 14 Oct 2018

* Added lockdown on power menu & its lockscreen visibility
    * Power menu tracks accents now
    * Option to disable QS footer warnings
    * Autobrightness toggle on QS
    * updated NFC QS tile and statusbar icon
    * fix facelock crash when lock screen is disabled
    * Show Auto-BT while driving setting
    * Pixel navbar animation
    * Dual Channel into Bluetooth Audio Channel Mode
    * Materialize Toast notifications
    * batterysaver ring on circle battery icon
    * Camera2 fixes and improvments
    * Misc bug fixes & improvements
    * Add switches to show city/temp on lockscreen
    * allow to swipe down on recents view to clear all default launcher
    * Google Feed integration on default launcher
    * Allow resizing any widget on default Launcher
    * Updated Translations (Thanks to community)

Device side changes :-
    Ota fixed
    Battery stats fixed
    Updated blobs
    Using caf ril and wlan hal

Go flash it. Clean flash needed. ?
    Bang XDA THREAD

GO GO GO??
    OP updated with new build with No bug. BLUETOOTH also fixed. ;)
    Enjoy