Official (Beta) Android 8.0.0 V1.30B01 EU Version by NFound Guide and what's working

Search This thread

Victor13f

Aug 21, 2017
Vienna
Official Oreo has finally been leaked thanks to @NFound and since I've been extensively testing it this thread will be to teach you how to install it and to tell you what works and what doesn't.

Special THANK YOU to @NFound, @raystef66, @DrakenFX, @Oki, @WesTD and to everyone else who has helped with the development of the Axon 7 and with this thread​

How to unlock the bootloader?
Follow this guide https://xdaforums.com/axon-7/how-to/guide-unlock-bootloader-easily-t3704595 by @WestTD

Unlocked bootloader message removal:
Have not found a working method yet.

Always backup your intSD before flashing ROMs and other TWRPs (Recoveries)

Stock user, need to install TWRP?
Flash TWRP 3.2.1-0 https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=673791459329066789 by @raystef66
If you already have TWRP installed, any version will do since the ROM will replace it with TWRP 3.2.1-6 after installation.

Installation:
Download: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=818222786056032764 (I hope this is allowed now, please forgive me if the links is still not allowed by XDA)
Move the .ZIP into your internal memory as you would by moving any other file into your phone through USB.
Boot into TWRP: adb reboot recovery or by turning the phone off and pressing VolUp+Power
Do a full backup!
Wipe to perform a clean install. Recommended.
Press Install
Select the .ZIP
Install with TWRP only! During installation it will be asked which modem you want to install. In my case this was the A2017G but that might not be yours. Please select correctly.
Wipe Cache and Dalvik Do not reboot yet if you want to root.
Rooting Download and install Magisk V16.4 or V16.0 exactly as you just installed the ROM.
Flash the safetynet fix linked below.
Wipe Cache and Dalvik
Reboot
Edit: Changing partitions to ext4 might be necessary for some non-stock users on f2fs.. Still updating

What's not working and how to fix it:
Magisk doesn't pass Safetynet? (ctsProfile: False). Download and flash https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=674106145207489292 Thank you @raystef66
Google play store shows as uncertified? The .ZIP above from @raystef66 fixes this as well. Your device is now certified.
How do I disable force encryption? Go to post #63 by @DrakenFX
Bad battery life? Flash Jojoc V2.1 or V3.1 module within Magisk or via TWRP V3.2 : https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=962187416754476535 V2.1 : https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=673956719939820457 by @raystef66
AdAway cannot install hosts file: Open Magisk -> Settings and select Systemless hosts.
Daydream is not working? Check post #23 B12 Thread by @kountry83 Download: Daydream.zip
How do I enable or disable the Navigation bar?: Check thread [A2017G][TWRP-ZIP]NAVIGATION BAR Enabler/Disabler by @raystef66 or Direct Link download for aroma installer
How do I remove the carrier label and center the clock on the status bar? Check thread [PATCH][A2017X V1.3.0B01] Remove Carrier & Center Clock by @raystef66 Download: A2017X_V1.3.0B01_carrier&clock
Remove carrier label only: Check post #342 by @raystef66 Download: A2017X_V1.3.0B01_carrierremover

Need modems, boot or bootstack? Download below by @raystef66

Modems:
ZTE_A2017X_Oreo_V1.30B01_Gmodem
ZTE_A2017X_Oreo_V1.30B01_Umodem
ZTE_A2017X_Oreo_V1.30B01_CNmodem

Boot:
A2017X-O_beta-B01-boot

Bootstack: twrp 3.2.1.6 included
ZTE_A2017X_V1.3.0B01_OREO_BootStack_twrp3216

What's working:
Pretty much everything other than what I wrote above it seems. The ROM is very fast and stable, my phone feels considerably snappier than it did on stock Nougat and there doesn't seem to be many bugs at all. Only thing I've noticed is the battery life doesn't seem to be great but that could just be some installed apps or my phone. Fixed by Jojoc V3.2 by @raystef66. Link above.
Testing Camera...
Working HDR+ Patch by @NFound: : HDR+ for v1.3.0 B01
GCAM: GCAM
Flashed an older version of that HDR+ Patch by @NFound and does your Magisk not pass the safetynet anymore? Flash this safetynet fix by @raystef66: A2017X-V1.30B01_safetynet_fix_HDR
Dual Sims: Fully working

I'll continue updating the thread according to your feedback and my testing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-05-25-11-46-24.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-05-25-11-46-24.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 8,041
  • Screenshot_2018-05-25-11-46-40.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-05-25-11-46-40.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 7,770
  • Screenshot_2018-05-25-11-47-05.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-05-25-11-47-05.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 7,696
  • Screenshot_2018-05-25-11-55-45.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-05-25-11-55-45.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 7,740
  • Screenshot_2018-05-25-11-56-04.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-05-25-11-56-04.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 7,666
Last edited:

GabbaGandalf42

Mar 4, 2018
Official Oreo has finally been leaked thanks to @NFound and since I've been extensively testing it this thread will be to teach you how to install it and to tell you what works and what doesn't.
Thank you @NFound once again for your hard work!

Thank you @Oki for having written https://xdaforums.com/axon-7/how-to/guide-axon-7-custom-oreo-roms-newbies-t3786693 If you need a better guide visit this thread and follow this guide simply using different files and not installing the bootstack separately.​

How to unlock the bootloader?
Follow this guide https://xdaforums.com/axon-7/how-to/guide-unlock-bootloader-easily-t3704595 by @WestTD

Unlock boot message removal:
If you want to remove the unlocked bootloader message at boot, you just need TWRP Exclusive. Just boot to recovery and go to the Advanced Menu -> More -> Del Inscription. You must to do this every time you update the bootloader. Thank you @Oki

Need to install TWRP?
Flash TWRP exclusive by @NFound https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=673956719939822011

Installation:
Download: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=818222786056032764 (I hope this is allowed now, please forgive me if the links is still not allowed by XDA)
Move the .ZIP into your internal memory as you would by moving any other file into your phone through USB.
Boot into TWRP or ADB: adb reboot recovery or by turning the phone off and pressing VolUp+Power
Press Install
Select the .ZIP
Install with TWRP only! During installation it will be asked which bootstack you want to install. In my case this was the A2017G but that might not be yours. Please select correctly.
Wipe Cache and Dalvik Do not reboot yet if you want to root.
Rooting Download and install Magisk V16.4 or V16.0 exactly as you just installed the ROM or with TWRP Exclusive go to Advanced -> More -> Root -> Magisk
Wipe Cache and Dalvik
Reboot

What's not working?:
Magisk root doesn't pass Safetynet (ctsProfile: False). Tested with V16.4, V16.0 and V15.3. None of them passes the safetyNet. Have also tried installing the props module to no avail.
Google play store shows as uncertified (yet all the apps are available and install with no restrictions).
Battery charging light turns off when I turn the screen on and turns back on when the screen is off (Maybe it's intended to be like that, not sure)

What's working:
Pretty much everything other than what I wrote above it seems. The rom is very fast and stable, my phone feels considerably snappier than it did on stock Nougat and there doesn't seem to be many bugs at all. Only thing I've noticed is the battery life doesn't seem to be great but that could just be some installed apps or my phone. I haven't tested the dualsims yet but I will soon and I'll post the result here.
Testing Camera...
I'll continue updating the thread according to your feedback and my testing.

Sigh. First of all. Link is not allowed, delete it before we get trouble. Furthermore your guide isn't really helping anyone, since all information can be get in the other thread (nfound announced official oreo). You just snacked away Oki's guide and inserted a different ROM link. Tbf your information about magisk is fine and new, but that's it.

Victor13f

Aug 21, 2017
Vienna
Sigh. First of all. Link is not allowed, delete it before we get trouble. Furthermore your guide isn't really helping anyone, since all information can be get in the other thread (nfound announced official oreo). You just snacked away Oki's guide and inserted a different ROM link. Tbf your information about magisk is fine and new, but that's it.

I belive the link is allowed. A Forum mod said so on NFounds AEX thread.
I didn't snatch anything. I used guides that exist because they work and I gave props to every single person I could think of. I never claimed this was all my work. Just trying to help other people who want to try the ROM or are interested in how it performs.

mickey36736

Jan 10, 2013
Chiang Mai
Asus Zenfone 9
I think the rom has something to do with CTS because it's a beta rom. It might not CTS approved. That's why magisk won't work. Similar to Android P DP.
https://developer.android.com/preview/release-notes
However, We can try to change or add ro.build.fingerprint in the build.prop file to the valid one. Not sure that it will work or not.
For example.
Code:
ro.build.fingerprint=ZTE/P996A04_N/ailsa_ii:7.0/NRD90M/20170215.164309:user/release-keys

Last edited:

Victor13f

Aug 21, 2017
Vienna
I think the rom has something to do with CTS because it's a beta rom. It might not CTS approved. That's why magisk won't work. Similar to Android P DP.
https://developer.android.com/preview/release-notes
However, We can try to change or add ro.build.fingerprint in the build.prop file to the valid one. Not sure that it will work or not.
For example.
Code:
ro.build.fingerprint=ZTE/P996A04_N/ailsa_ii:7.0/NRD90M/20170215.164309:user/release-keys
Didn't work unfortunately. Edited the ro.build.fingerprint and it still failed safetynet check.

Victor13f

Aug 21, 2017
Vienna
How is battery life? Did you get substratum running? How is the sound without v4a and ainur. How is the sound with v4a+ainur?

Accubattery says 5 hours SOT but I have only actually gotten 2. Again, this is probably a problem on my side and not the ROM. I need to check over the installed apps. Overall, actually better than 7.1.1 Nougat IMO since I was getting those bad results there too (Shouldn't have restored all the apps on first start).
Soundwise you shouldn't need anything. It's an official ROM and everything works properly. I haven't tested with any mods and I personally won't.

Reactions: GabbaGandalf42

GabbaGandalf42

Mar 4, 2018
Accubattery says 5 hours SOT but I have only actually gotten 2. Again, this is probably a problem on my side and not the ROM. I need to check over the installed apps. Overall, actually better than 7.1.1 Nougat IMO since I was getting those bad results there too (Shouldn't have restored all the apps on first start).
Soundwise you shouldn't need anything. It's an official ROM and everything works properly. I haven't tested with any mods and I personally won't.

Battery doesn't sound too good. And personally I won't try it out until someone checked if substratum works. Cause if substratum works, I am able to enjoy the 'swift Black's theme, which boosts battery life by having real black everywhere. That means that the amoled screen will use less power. Also it's beautiful af and I don't want to miss it :)

rzarectha

Dec 12, 2012
Bucharest
Nokia XR20
Two questions please:

1. would flashing no-verity-opt-encrypt do anything for this ROM? as in, making encryption optional?

2. would it be a good idea to flash FASTBOOT_UNLOCK_EDL_N if I want to change my recovery now that I am no longer on N?

Aviver

Jul 30, 2015
Battery doesn't sound too good. And personally I won't try it out until someone checked if substratum works. Cause if substratum works, I am able to enjoy the 'swift Black's theme, which boosts battery life by having real black everywhere. That means that the amoled screen will use less power. Also it's beautiful af and I don't want to miss it :)

Substratum works, used swift black theme 8.0 pixel or nexus

Victor13f

Aug 21, 2017
Vienna

Batterywise, I flashed the jojoc battery module and it's looking a lot better already :)

Teet1

Sep 17, 2013
ZTE Axon 7
Samsung Galaxy S9
Battery is absolutely horrible, coming from a beta tester. If you experience terrible battery it isn't a problem on your side, it's the beta rom. At best, I get barely 3 hours of screen on time only browsing Facebook

Reactions: Victor13f

Top Liked Posts