• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Official beta of fennec!

Search This thread

grafikastudios

Apr 22, 2008
Paris
Here it is!
The most wanted mobile web browser beta is out.
Its so fresh that i've just tested it a minute ago, qnd now it"s urs
It's still buggy, but less..

FENNEC OFFICIAL BETA

here

Last edited:

dickenz

Apr 6, 2008
Kincumber NSW
Wow... Great find guys... I didn't think we'd have a beta release for about a week yet!!

I am hazarding a guess at it being VGA only as the beta was marketed for the Touch Pro...

Last edited:

dickenz

Apr 6, 2008
Kincumber NSW
After having a quick fiddle with it...

I can confirm there is no SIP!!!

That must be the reason for using the Touch Pro to release the BETA on.
Anything without a hardware keyboard has no way to type inside Fennec that I can see at first glance. If someone finds a way to - Please correct me.

It runs rather sluggishly on my Diamond also. Seems a bit unoptimized?? Either that or it wants the extra RAM the TP has...?

lotion

Jun 1, 2006
Boston, MA
I have one word to describe this build: Ouch.

They have a LONG way to go before they have a functional browser. This is awfully slow and I'm on a fairly well optimized Touch Pro. I don't even want to think about the start up times on a stock Fuze.

roomer11

Feb 17, 2008
Took about 30secs to startup on my Touch Pro, and still none webpage worked.. always getting Page Load Error screen.. using 3G network, never tried using Wifi.. :mad:

dickenz

Apr 6, 2008
Kincumber NSW