[OFFICIAL] BlissRom 14 [sunfish][Android 11]

Search This thread

jason972000

Apr 21, 2015
Has anyone got the "screen edge lighting" to work? No matter what Blissify setting I try on that section, no notifications fire the edge lights.

icantlogin

Aug 23, 2017
Assuming BlissRom 14 is based on Android 11, wouldn't that be the r branch? I've always hated how Android versions are denoted by both a number and a letter at the same time, it's confusing, but R corresponds to 11.

Reactions: DiamondJohn

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Assuming BlissRom 14 is based on Android 11, wouldn't that be the r branch? I've always hated how Android versions are denoted by both a number and a letter at the same time, it's confusing, but R corresponds to 11.
I forgot about the single lettering names, and was thrown further by the latest A12.1 branch being called "arcadia-new". Thanks (y)

It makes it even more confusing when bliss call it 14 and LOS call it 18 and and ... But that's just me making excuses for not thinking of what is now obvious :whistle:

icantlogin

Aug 23, 2017
No I totally get it! All the ROMs have their own version numbers, and with MIUI for example they don't even correspond with a particular Android version. And if you've ever used a PPA to install a package on Linux Mint, first you need to know what version of Ubuntu your version of Linux Mint was based upon, and then you need to find out what the ‘funny name’ for that Ubuntu version was, i.e. Focal Fossa or Trippy Toad or Bionic Beaver -- it's terrible! 😆

I was so happy when Android announced they would stop with the desert names, but then internally they just kept them coming. O well, at least someone's having fun with it somewhere 🤷‍♀️

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
I guess no-one is building it, :( I did check github, and there is actually one more version update in the source, from the last build.

Am I the only one running this ROM? or has everyone moved to A12.1?😶

Reactions: old.splatterhand

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
I'am still running this great Rom.
But I don't have experience in building it 🤷‍♂️
Thats OK, just as long as im not alone in running.

Hows your battery life? Mine isnt great, so I looked into it a little, and I found a run-away process.

I would really suggest you also check your results from the top command and check how many selinux denials you have. I'd be interested to know if its the ROM or just me.

old.splatterhand

Recognized Contributor
Nov 4, 2010
Saturn III
HTC One (M8)
Android Wear
Hows your battery life? Mine isnt great, so I looked into it a little, and I found a run-away process.
I charge every night, so i don't keep an eye on that.
I also have many devices connected (watch, Car Head Unit, earphones), for that, i come over the day.

I would really suggest you also check your results from the top command and check how many selinux denials you have. I'd be interested to know if its the ROM or just me.
Maybe i'll find time over the weekend, right now it's a little bit limited.

All in all, my experience with this rom is good enough, to keep it as daily driver for a long time!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I guess no-one is building it, :( I did check github, and there is actually one more version update in the source, from the last build.

Am I the only one running this ROM? or has everyone moved to A12.1?😶
    I'am still running this great Rom.
    But I don't have experience in building it 🤷‍♂️
    qtDlAth.png

BlissRom comes with a wide selection of customization options from around the Android community as well as unique options developed by our team. With so many options available, you’ll find it hard not to enjoy the Blissful experience.
    Our focus is to bring the Open Source community a quality OS that can run on all your devices as a daily driver, syncing your apps + settings + customizations across all platforms you run Bliss on.

M8leihh.png

BlissRoms sunfish Download
    Recovery Boot image Download
    BlissRoms Factory Image

Cz6L1rZ.png

Clean Flash (If coming from other Rom's/Stock)
    - Download BlissRoms Factory Images
    - Download factory tar.gz and extract it and go to extracted folder.
    - Reboot to bootloader
    - Run flash-all.bat for Windows or flash-all.sh script if you are using Linux OS.
    - Once flashing is complete reboot your device and wait until bliss boots
    - #StayBlissful

Dirty Flash (If you where on BlissRom already!)
    - Download Recovery boot.img from above download link.
    - Reboot to bootloader and flash boot.img via fastboot using following command
    Code:
    fastboot flash --slot all boot boot.img
    - Reboot to recovery
    - Select Apply Update -> Apply Update from ADB to flash BlissRom zip and then run following command
    Code:
    adb sideload blissrom-zipfilename.zip
    - Wait till installation is completed.
    - Reboot and #StayBlissful

aWICthQ.png
    Code:
    - If you have a major bug to report that has not been reported already, please take the following steps to report it to us.  It will save you and our team quite some time.
    - Download the Matlog app from the Play Store.
    - Clear all previous logs and take the exact steps to produce the error you are receiving.
    - As soon as you receive the error (probably a force close), go straight into Matlog and stop the log recording.
    - Copy and paste the entire log either to Dogbin
    - Save the log, and copy and paste the link into the forum with a brief description of the error.
    Thanks for bringing this great rom to P4a!
    Transaktionscode: 20734916839654801
    Please have a drink on me :cool:(y)
    rom works fine. but when i patch the boot image with magisk and flash it and reboot, it gets stuck on boot animation and won't boot. if i go back into bootloader and flash original boot image it still gets stuck on boot animation
    You need to patch the boot located inside the payload.bin file which is the rom. Not the recovery boot otherwise what you mentioned will be the result. I uploaded below. Patch this file with Magisk and you will be good to go.
    BlissRoms v14.6 for Google Pixel 4A (sunfish)
    Download Zip: https://downloads.blissroms.org/download/sunfish/118/
    Bootimage: https://sourceforge.net/projects/blissroms/files/R/sunfish/boot/boot.img/download
    Bliss Factory image: https://sourceforge.net/projects/bl...unfish-OFFICIAL-gapps-factory.tar.gz/download
    Source Changelog: https://blog.blissroms.org/2021/08/11/updates-august-2021.html

Device Changelog:
    - Added LiveDisplay
    - Misc Fixes

Notes:
    - From this release Bliss factory image is released for easy transition from any rom/stock to BlissRoms!
    - Use factory image only if you are coming from stock or from any other roms! Those who are already running bliss will get updates via OTA.
    - Download factory tar.gz and extract it and Reboot to bootloader and then run flash-all.sh script if you are using Linux OS or flash-all.bat for Windows.
    - Once flashing is complete reboot your device and wait until bliss boots :)
    - Steps are same as how you normally do with stock factory firmwares :)

Enjoy and #StayBlissful