• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Official] Bootloader Unlock Codes

Search This thread

[email protected]_USA

Official Honor USA Rep
Dec 26, 2017
As you all know, the site to obtain bootloader unlock codes is currently down. It certainly has me distraught specifically for the View10 community which I'm working hard to grow and make successful. This is only a speed bump. I'm am still trying to figure out what is going on and working to get it back. (I don't directly handle it).
I know the very importance of having an easy method to unlock the bootloader of a device and this certainly has thrown a wrench into things.

So, to get around this hiccup, I have setup a Google form for users to fill out with the appropriate information in order to request a bootloader unlock code. One of my colleagues will have access to the spreadsheet that the data dumps into and will update it with the unlock codes. I will then email you your unlock code. Turn around time we're looking at is about ~24hrs (not including weekends).

This is not ideal but I feel this is the next best thing until we sort out the site and what exactly is going on.

I'm thankful for everyone's patience with this and all the developer's support for our device

Please follow this link to request an unlock code: Feel free to share this to other users as this is not specific to View10
https://goo.gl/forms/ZdYFEQXRzly9e2Bt2

Cheers,
Chris

UPDATE:
Having to halt unlock code requests and will be closing the form till further notice.
Our team is aware of the site being down and working to bring more info sometime in May.
Appreciate your understanding.

Chris

The unlock site is back! But at this time for only 60 days. If you need to unlock the bootloader of any Honor or Huawei devices please get the code now and keep it safe. If there are changes to this I'll keep everyone posted.
https://emui.huawei.com/en/unlock_detail

-Chris

Last edited:

tomtapatalk84

Feb 28, 2018
Thanks for your great support Chris.

Can you also take some effort to provide the below:
1. VoLTE kernel sources to make utilize of custom roms to the full extent.
2. Regular EMUI updates for Indian version of View 10.

Thanks

Reactions: arvindgr

gimmeitorilltell

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 6, 2012
We are currently out of lookup requests for unlock codes. We will have to request more Monday. We did not expect to receive over 1000 submissions in less than 72hrs.

Wow! If only they left the link up. I do appreciate all of your support, going above & beyond what you initially intended to do I'm certain of that. Thank you for my code as well.

kischde

Aug 30, 2011
Rosenberg, Baden

Hi mate!
I really do hope that I wasn't too late guns you'll be able to get more codes...
My wife and me just bought 2 v10 some minutes ago and I hoped to unlock them as soon as possible... Now I hopefully will be able at all?

Thanks in advance and thanks for your work and efforts for the community - keep it up!!

Cheers,
René

Gesendet von meinem MHA-L29 mit Tapatalk

changikman

Nov 21, 2014
A boot loader unlock error occurs.
Please refer to the picture.
Is there a way to resolve the error code?
error code: "failed (remote: check password failed!)"

Tecalote

Aug 6, 2015
Leipzig
Huawei Mate 40 Pro
Hi mate!
I really do hope that I wasn't too late guns you'll be able to get more codes...
My wife and me just bought 2 v10 some minutes ago and I hoped to unlock them as soon as possible... Now I hopefully will be able at all?

Thanks in advance and thanks for your work and efforts for the community - keep it up!!

Cheers,
René

It needs just time because of so many requests :)

Reactions: kischde

changikman

Nov 21, 2014
Just question fastboot oem unlock?

china model(bkl-al20) ▶changed the status to bkl-l09
oem is unlocked.
also checked the usb debugging mode.
The current ROM is not bkl-al20, but bkl-l09.
The seller replaced the ROM.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180505-201347.jpg
    Screenshot_20180505-201347.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 674
  • IMG_20180505_201943.jpg
    IMG_20180505_201943.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 668
  • IMG_20180505_203127.jpg
    IMG_20180505_203127.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 674

changikman

Nov 21, 2014
Think the reason the bootloader unlock code does not recognize is probably because the device does not recognize it in adb mode or it recognizes the wrong number.
If the device is not recognized as adb mode, is the boot loader unlock code not recognized?
If there is a problem with device recognition, is there a way to recognize the device in adb mode?
If the bootloader unlock code is wrong, should we talk to @[email protected]_USA?
20180505_143426.jpg

Last edited:

Tecalote

Aug 6, 2015
Leipzig
Huawei Mate 40 Pro
Think the reason the bootloader unlock code does not recognize is probably because the device does not recognize it in adb mode or it recognizes the wrong number.
If the device is not recognized as adb mode, is the boot loader unlock code not recognized?
If there is a problem with device recognition, is there a way to recognize the device in adb mode?
If the bootloader unlock code is wrong, should we talk to @[email protected]_USA?

I dont think the bootloader unlock code is wrong! But check again your settings...

You must enable Developer Options (7x click on Build Number in settings "About phone")
In Developer Options it is required to enable OEM Unlock.
And you must enable ADB Debugging in charging mode (before USB Debugging) and finally USB Debugging (if you enable USB Debugging before ADB Debugging, USB Debugging will not stay enabled and is disabled soon you leave the settings...)
If you have USB connected with the Phone (and the drivers must be installed automatically by windows, if not use HiSuite by Huawei to connect phone and close HiSuite after in the background) -
and you open Minimal ADB and Fastboot in administrative mode, type:
adb devices
On Phone Screen you receive a RSA Request and you must except with "always from this computer" and okay.
With:
adb reboot bootloader
you enter Fastboot Mode.
On Screen FRP must be unlocked
With:
fastboot oem unlock codexxx..
you flash the Unlock Code and confirm on phone screen.
After automatically Factoryreset reset with low-level wipe appears.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grancapitan

abhas.abhinav

Jul 31, 2013
Bangalore
Asus Zenfone 5Z
Unlock code for Indian user

I'm thankful for everyone's patience with this and all the developer's support for our device

Please follow this link to request an unlock code: Feel free to share this to other users as this is not specific to View10

Cheers,
Chris

Dear Chris, I am a new Honor 8 Pro user from India. I have filled up the form above and was looking forward to the unlock code.

Thanks for all your efforts,

Regards, Abhas.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As you all know, the site to obtain bootloader unlock codes is currently down. It certainly has me distraught specifically for the View10 community which I'm working hard to grow and make successful. This is only a speed bump. I'm am still trying to figure out what is going on and working to get it back. (I don't directly handle it).
    I know the very importance of having an easy method to unlock the bootloader of a device and this certainly has thrown a wrench into things.

So, to get around this hiccup, I have setup a Google form for users to fill out with the appropriate information in order to request a bootloader unlock code. One of my colleagues will have access to the spreadsheet that the data dumps into and will update it with the unlock codes. I will then email you your unlock code. Turn around time we're looking at is about ~24hrs (not including weekends).

This is not ideal but I feel this is the next best thing until we sort out the site and what exactly is going on.

https://goo.gl/forms/ZdYFEQXRzly9e2Bt2

Cheers,
    Chris

UPDATE:
    Having to halt unlock code requests and will be closing the form till further notice.
    Our team is aware of the site being down and working to bring more info sometime in May.

Chris

The unlock site is back! But at this time for only 60 days. If you need to unlock the bootloader of any Honor or Huawei devices please get the code now and keep it safe. If there are changes to this I'll keep everyone posted.
    https://emui.huawei.com/en/unlock_detail

-Chris
    Request it + keep it, it'll work forever :) :cool:
    Can't confirm this, by my experience.

I acquired my Honor 6X a year ago, i updated it to Nougat from Marshmallow and then i requested my code. It worked while i was on first Nougat build, B360, and then I'll never relocked it for obvious reasons (TWRP, root, Xposed...).

But sadly, after last update, B375, my bootloader automatically relocked itself, and this never happened in previous updates. I said ummm no problems, i still have my code sent 1 year ago, the phone will factory reset (again? What a bore) but I'll backup and restore everything i should need... But when i tried to unlock it again using the same code, copy-pasted for being sure that i wouldn't make any mistake, ADB thrown back error because the password is incorrect. I requested another one to my local Huawei yesterday, but after the notice that they won't allow newer devices to be unlocked in future, this will be the first (and LAST) Huawei device that I'll ever bought.

They never released full Kirin sources, and that's "ok" let's say because HiSilicon is their company and they can decide what to release or not, who can say something about this... but reading that from an OEM that made a partnership with a forum like XDA in way to be more third party friendly, this is nothing but a shame.

Bye Huawei, luckily there are other brands who makes good quality/price devices and surely more opened to the third-party sector
    Guys Huawei is stopping issuing of Bootloader codes from 24-05-2018 for newer devices and after 60days more for all the devices.
    Source :https://emui.huawei.com/en/unlock_detail

PMNmnIz.png

Edit: Currently website page is live and codes are being generated go grab them if you need .
    So if the phone is bought from China it might work on the AL20 let's say..?
    Hopefully it is possible with DC Unlocker.
    I thought, it would be also possible with Chimera Tool, but we tested it, and it does currently not work (cant read the code, unknown board)
    But I am sure, all those Tools will add support for the new phones like Honor v 10.
    The other possibility (which includes some risk) is perhaps:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/9-lite/how-to/guide-unlock-frp-phone-bootlooping-t3808650
    Just an update for everyone, having to halt unlock code requests and will be closing the form till further notice.

Chris