[ Official Bootloader Unlock RELEASED ] [ LG H930 / G | EUROPE ] Finally here !!!

Search This thread

Vega79

Apr 18, 2012
Completely understandable I myself would hate to brick my own phone and same to you. So maybe ask some of the users with the 128gb model to get the kdz from LG's sever using the url in some of the logs when updating through lg bridge. which was what i did to get the kdz for my h932. The log itself its a bit hard to find but ill link the thread I used to get it shortly. In short there will be a folder in the program files. Once in the program files (not the x86 folder) and there should be a LG electronics folder with more folders in there. If the person tried to update through lg bridge there would be a log that is saved in the SWupdate folder. Once there the log would contain the url to the kdz.

Ill be editing it shortly with the link to the thread where i got this from.

Hi R800x_user, thanks for your quick reply. Unfortunately I do not have yet this phone (I am trying to decide whether to buy the 128 Gb version or the 64 Gb version according to this point), otherwise I would have tried to figure out it myself according to your suggestion. Looking forward to read what you are about to share.

R800x_user

Oct 20, 2013
Nexus 7
Nexus 7 (2013)
Hi R800x_user, thanks for your quick reply. Unfortunately I do not have yet this phone (I am trying to decide whether to buy the 128 Gb version or the 64 Gb version according to this point), otherwise I would have tried to figure out it myself according to your suggestion. Looking forward to read what you are about to share.
Anytime just trying help out as much as I can. Here's the link to the thread I used just in case you choose either one. This method seems to be a solid way to snag a kdz.

https://xdaforums.com/lg-v30/how-to/us998-kdz-file-request-t3726918/post74997994

mightyvenom

Jul 7, 2011

Hello,

I too would like to know the answer of this question. Basically H930G is the only model running 128gb in Europe, but it comes preinstalled with tons of bloatware.

So can someone that has this device confirm that you can flash another open OPEN_EU firmware from the 64gb H930 model to the TIM Branded 128gb model?

Thank you in advance!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    success with twrp, have not been able to build a bootable kernel yet but stock one is working. just learning the ropes to configfs trying to solve usb issues right now.
    no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0.zip works fine to disable verity, have not checked encryption disable yet.
    MxW4oAIl.png

Z4nLenjl.png

Got mine (H930G) from this morning on http://developer.lge.com/resource/mobile/RetrieveBootloader.dev

Hurry Up !!! Get yours
    another update on TWRP status

adb and mtp are working great

working on getting mass storage working (accessing sdcard the old school way from pc!)

will try to do something with encryption but i don't think i will get that :(
    I'm willing to attempt porting TWRP if anyone is willing to message me on IRC for test builds. Wolfgart seems to have gone AFK. No guarantees I can get it working, but I'll try!

For H930/H930G users only!
    Darn, I thought this was stateside. I got the (T-mobile H)932 sadly

Stateside is coming next, for the "open market" US998 -- hopefully within the next month. That US998 isn't even released yet.

Took 3 weeks from time European H930 was released (early November 2017) to be placed on LG Bootloader unlock list (November 27, 2017).

Well, the the North American "open market" US998 will be released December 5. (Ordered mine yesterday, and going to order a 2nd LG V30 in about a month.) So, maybe December 27 it will be added to the LG Bootloader Unlock list?

Earlier this year, took SIX WEEKS for the LG G6 North American "open market" US997 to be placed on the LG bootloader unlock list... So, let's hope it's only the same three weeks (like the H930) for the LG V30 "open market" US998* ! :p

______
    * NO, not the U.S. Cellular model. The "open market" US998, non-carrier branded model. The OFFICIAL carrier unlocked model US998.

---------- Post added at 07:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 AM ----------

[ Official Bootloader Unlock RELEASED ] [ LG H930 / G | EUROPE ] Finally here !!!

Don't forget to update the title thread when the "open market" US998 is added to the list! ;)