• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Official Bumper Case issue

Search This thread

unicyclon

Dec 10, 2013
Bordeaux, FR
I ordered the yellow bumper case on the Google Play Store once it was released. However, I'm having issue with it loosing its color, and getting dark on its edges, with a completely normal use. I tried cleaning it unsuccessfully : this seems to be a plastic-related issue. Here are some pics I just took:

IMG_20131210_183636.jpg

IMG_20131210_183648.jpg

IMG_20131210_183655.jpg

IMG_20131210_183702.jpg

IMG_20131210_183713.jpg

Google Play customer support doesn't care a damn, and I just received a kinda unacceptable answer from them without even trying to investigate the issue, which translation is:

As *** previously told you, we can’t refund or exchange this bumper case in any way. This decision is irrevocable. As such, please do not to risk loosing your time insisting.

Does anyone have the same issue with this bumper case?

PS: I'm located in France

Last edited:

dLo GSR

Mar 7, 2011
Los Angeles
how dirty are your pockets / wherever you're keeping the phone? rubber will stain especially with transferrable ink clothes (denim) or dirt.

but yeah, that CSR response is absolutely unacceptable. you should elevate it to a higher level.

unicyclon

Dec 10, 2013
Bordeaux, FR
how dirty are your pockets / wherever you're keeping the phone? rubber will stain especially with transferrable ink clothes (denim) or dirt.
Clean pockets of black jeans, made with black cotton. But however transferrable the inks might be, I wouldn't expect the rubber of a $35 cover to stain **that** quickly (less than 3 weeks). Especially when my old white Samsung rubber case remained perfectly white after more than a year in the exact same pocket.

but yeah, that CSR response is absolutely unacceptable. you should elevate it to a higher level.
I'm not sure where to send it, but I'll definitely do this shortly. Thanks.

mjs2011

May 25, 2011
Wow, agreed that the CSR response is unacceptable. I manager a sales office and if anyone of my reps talked to a customer that way, they'd be written up.

OregonLawyer

Nov 4, 2013
I ordered the yellow bumper case on the Google Play Store once it was released. However, I'm having issue with it loosing its color, and getting dark on its edges, with a completely normal use. I tried cleaning it unsuccessfully : this seems to be a plastic-related issue. Here are some pics I just took:

Google Play customer support doesn't care a damn, and I just received a kinda unacceptable answer from them without even trying to investigate the issue:

Does anyone have the same issue with this bumper case?

PS: I'm located in France

My gray bumper is doing the same thing, though currently the gray is just rubbing off at the corners.

Edit: Added Picture
h0BF8RA.jpg

Last edited:

knapz

Apr 25, 2011
Wow. Thanks for sharing. It definitely made my decision to not purchase this POS easier.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

SOPUN

Dec 11, 2013
WOW))

Man i've got the yellow and red one for a month already)) Maybe you forgot to tell us that you have never washed your hands or a mechanic? I can't imagine in what conditions did u use it)

OregonLawyer

Nov 4, 2013
Man i've got the yellow and red one for a month already)) Maybe you forgot to tell us that you have never washed your hands or a mechanic? I can't imagine in what conditions did u use it)

The issue is caused friction rubbing off the color coating. Unlike most cases these are not solid color cases - they are painted.

I intentionally scratched mine (not pictured) and it is white underneath the gray/discolored area.

h0BF8RA.jpg

irononreverse

Oct 23, 2011
The issue is caused friction rubbing off the color coating. Unlike most cases these are not solid color cases - they are painted.

I intentionally scratched mine (not pictured) and it is white underneath the gray/discolored area.

h0BF8RA.jpg

That doesn't make sense to me. Tpu cases aren't usually painted. The reason it looks white is because of the contrast between the dark strain and the light grey.

It's most likely the colour rubbing off from your jeans/trousers.

I had a white tpu case that had blue corners when I wore blue jeans and black corners when I wore black jeans

cee-ach

Aug 10, 2012
Looks like a rotting banana haha but that is unacceptable for a case that costs that much. I'm surprised they won't help you deal with it either.

SOPUN

Dec 11, 2013
Guys

Guys don't buy colorful cases if you are slattern person,if you are neat that's fine. Those bumpers especially colourful ones are an accessory. If you want to defend you cell, go and get otterbox or lunatik (dunno something that is made for protection, i know that right now there is not so many cases like that) 35$ costs a beautiful neon accessory image case.