Official CM-12.1 for Nexus Player (fugu)

Search This thread

ElfinJNoty

Jun 25, 2009
New Haven, CT
www.blissroms.com
LG G4
OnePlus 6

ElfinJNoty

Jun 25, 2009
New Haven, CT
www.blissroms.com
LG G4
OnePlus 6
anybody tried one of these aicp roms?
familiar with aicp from my phones over the years..... good rom, good team.

i'm downloading now and going to give it a try, not sure what gapps to flash with it though

i installed using the latest gapps package from purenexus.
initial setup was a pain..... lots of fc's. i left it overnight and came back to it working much better.

once up and running, works well. occassional freezes and occasional crashes of the leanback launcher, but overall a great wip.
lots of additional features one would be accustomed to using modern CM based roms. Cast receiver does not appear to be working. Nor does the mic on the remote.
once play services updates itself(i suspect) a lot of things stop fc'ing and the overall use smoothes out.

think there should be a new forum thread for these builds..... as far as I can tell they are receiving the most attention with nightly builds, and aicp in general is a great rom....

SkOrPn

Jun 3, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
www.planetamd64.com
@ElfinJNoty

You could probably start an Unofficial thread on AICP, if you wanted to. Just follow the proper syntax like other threads and point to AICP. Possibly add some screenshots, and some helpful info you discovered as well. We need more ROM threads in the forums for fugu.

ElfinJNoty

Jun 25, 2009
New Haven, CT
www.blissroms.com
LG G4
OnePlus 6
@ElfinJNoty

You could probably start an Unofficial thread on AICP, if you wanted to. Just follow the proper syntax like other threads and point to AICP. Possibly add some screenshots, and some helpful info you discovered as well. We need more ROM threads in the forums for fugu.

I agree completely that we could use more Fugu Roms. I have inquired with the PureNexus team and have gotten positive feedback. However, no posts of updated builds as of yet.

As far as AICP, I don't think it would be appropriate for me to start a thread since I have no affiliation with the team. I am enjoying their Android-x86 build on my laptop which runs flawless, and have previously used on my cell phones. But I would not be maintaining builds for the Nexus Player, not do I have a build environment set up right now to contribute.

I keep an eye on their work and will share info as it becomes relevant. But not for me to share someone else's work on XDA. They will make it available on here if they see fit. Last time I flashed, it was not ready for everyday use. Although it did have some great possibilities to improve on should they choose to do so ?

QTeknology

Jul 21, 2004
Napoli
I agree completely that we could use more Fugu Roms. I have inquired with the PureNexus team and have gotten positive feedback. However, no posts of updated builds as of yet.

As far as AICP, I don't think it would be appropriate for me to start a thread since I have no affiliation with the team. I am enjoying their Android-x86 build on my laptop which runs flawless, and have previously used on my cell phones. But I would not be maintaining builds for the Nexus Player, not do I have a build environment set up right now to contribute.

I keep an eye on their work and will share info as it becomes relevant. But not for me to share someone else's work on XDA. They will make it available on here if they see fit. Last time I flashed, it was not ready for everyday use. Although it did have some great possibilities to improve on should they choose to do so

about 2 months ago I wrote in G+ AICP group, asking them to open a thread here...
they did not
I don't know why, but It's an interesting project.

We should solve the gapps problem, probably the opengapps works well, but I would use the leanback gapps for that.

ElfinJNoty

Jun 25, 2009
New Haven, CT
www.blissroms.com
LG G4
OnePlus 6
about 2 months ago I wrote in G+ AICP group, asking them to open a thread here...
they did not
I don't know why, but It's an interesting project.

We should solve the gapps problem, probably the opengapps works well, but I would use the leanback gapps for that.

I was successful in installing the AICP 2/27 nightly for fugu using the gapps package from PureNexus ROM thread in Nexus Player Original Android Development.

The ROM had some FC's (not often) but more importantly, had freezes of the AndroidTV launcher. There have been several night lies since, including one dated 3/10(yesterday) but I am yet to flash it and test if there are any improvements to overall usability. Part of the problem is that they have a Jenkins set for automatic builds for all supported devices. And while I've seen the ROM run great on cellular devices, the AndroidTV interface and framework is much different. I'm not sure who is maintaining builds and if they are keeping up with weather or not changes/commits to the overall AICP project are playing nicely with AndroidTV. Lots of things get changed regularly to improve cell phone usage without consideration for AndroidTV. Same is true for CM, PureNexus, etc.
I am still trying to determine who to contact in regards to AICP builds for the Nexus Player and I myself am very busy with a project to revive an ancient tablet called the Dell Streak 7(Omni) as well as testing for several ROMs for the Tmo LG G4(Omni, DU, CM13)

All that said, I will flash and test the latest AICP nightly sometime in the next 24 hours. I may start a thread in Nexus Player > General for discussion of the AICP ROM for NP so that we can respectfully stop the posts here since it should not be located in this thread.

Apologies to the OP

Sent from my LG G4 using XDA Labs

Reactions: SkOrPn

xconwayx

I installed this rom and everything works very well minus audio. It seems to cut out every so often? This happened on Netflix and playing a music video through VLC. The video was played both from the Nexus Player itself and an external hard drive. It seemed to play better off of the Nexus itself. I've never had this issue before. Anyone have any ideas?

ElfinJNoty

Jun 25, 2009
New Haven, CT
www.blissroms.com
LG G4
OnePlus 6
I installed this rom and everything works very well minus audio. It seems to cut out every so often? This happened on Netflix and playing a music video through VLC. The video was played both from the Nexus Player itself and an external hard drive. It seemed to play better off of the Nexus itself. I've never had this issue before. Anyone have any ideas?
Viper4Android

Sent from my LG-H811 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Reactions: xconwayx

longrunner89

May 9, 2016
Question, say I want to be able to use apps that aren't 'Android TV approved' can I still choose the leanback launcher and leanback Gapps? or do I need to choose trebuchet and full G. Apps or something else entirely?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is for discussion of the official nightly builds of CyanogenMod 12.1.

You must have an unlocked bootloader to flash this rom. Please see https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images for information on unlocking your bootloader and restoring back to factory firmware.

You must have a custom recovery in order to install this rom. Please see this thread for more information. cm-recovery-nexus-player-fugu

You can either put this on your nexus player internal storage or use adb sideload to install.

This is a hybrid rom. Once you finish setup you will see a popup to choose your launcher. Choose "Home" if you want the default leanback ui, or choose Trebuchet if you want the full android launcher and settings.

Note:
    The Nexus Remote if fully supported. If you use the LeanBack gapps it will go through the pairing tutorial automatically at first boot. If you choose to not use gapps or use other gapps, just press the bottom button to initiate pairing.

Latest nightlies can ge downloaded from http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=fugu

Changelog: http://www.cmxlog.com/12.1/fugu/

Test build with webcam support. Also supports using webcam mic for google search
    Download latest test build: cm-12.1-20150520-UNOFFICIAL-fugu.zip

Added the Japanese keyboard, Korean keyboard, and Google WebView
    Gapps for Android 5.1 x86 LeanBack: gapps-lpmr1-x86-leanback-20150524-signed.zip

Note:
    If you use the full Android gapps you will need an OTG mouse to complete setup and for navigating some apps.
    I have included Google+, Gmail, YouTube, Hangouts, and Search as they don't show up in the market currently.

Modified the updater script to enable the navigation bar and set the default density to 240. Patch is still pending to enable the status bar, so currently there is no status bar even with full gapps.

Gapps for Android 5.1 x86 full android experience: gapps-lp-x86-20150527-signed.zip

Known Issues:
    Microphone is not working for Google Search

Extras:
    This zip will enable the play/pause button on the nexus remote to be used as the contextual menu button in Kodi. It also optimizes the streaming settings for a device with 1GB of RAM to prevent playback interuptions and allow continuous streaming. If you have your own advancedsettings.xml you may not want to flash this.

NexusPlayer-kodi-keymap-streaming-fix-signed.zip

Screenshots:

LT0RqcA.png

hJhCD4I.png

ZBu5ZSS.png

a7ncdlY.png

vVU07Pk.png

XDA:DevDB Information
    Official CM-12.1 for Nexus Player (fugu), ROM for the Nexus Player

Contributors
    dhacker29, bkjolly
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_asus_fugu/tree/cm-12.1

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked bootloader and custom recovery
    Based On: CyanogenMod 12.1

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 20150519
    Beta Release Date: 2015-04-19

Created 2015-04-19
    Last Updated 2015-05-24
    Test build in OP with USB webcam support, also allows webcam mic to work for google search when you push the search button on the remote. cm-12.1-20150520-UNOFFICIAL-fugu.zip
    Coming in the next nightly

wPeT9Zh.png

mpSgGJi.png

045Q0FK.png

cfgwZ7J.png

F9CYcs6.png

FFraaK6.png
    First time writing an entire application, but why have to go to the web and install SideLoad Launcher when we can build the functionality right into the rom. :D

EI8ob96.png

NAa9HHA.png
    Updated leanback gapps in OP as well as a flashable zip for kodi to enable the contexual menu with the nexus remote and optimize the video streaming settings.