Official CM-12.1 for Nexus Player (fugu)

Search This thread

Link_of_Hyrule

Oct 12, 2010
Ogden, Utah
www.ubermicrostudios.com
Mtp and adb can run simultaneously
Ok cool cus right now MTP is working but for some reason ADB isn't who knows what the deal is I've had similar problems usually turning off MTP lets me authorize the device IDK why it's not popping up to ask me if I want to authorize it right now. Guess I'll try harder to get it to do adb over ip to restore my apps. EDIT: I have no idea what's going on it randomly started working so who knows.

Last edited:

SkOrPn

Jun 3, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
www.planetamd64.com
Hey @dhacker29 !
Also, would you at all be interested in taking a look at creating something similar to this for the ADT-1?
Not just the ADT-1, but my vote would be for a better Android TV devices like the NVIDIA Shield (or even the Razer Forge for that matter). Too bad I'm not a developer, id buy the ADT-1 in a heartbeat though.

Anyway, to the OP, thanks for bringing CM to this device, that alone makes it more appealing to me already... :good: I will be watching this thread closely for a while, lol.

bkjolly

Nov 6, 2010
Owensboro
Otg works with stickmount for me and how do I boot into recovery?

Restart the device hold the bottom button down until the Google screen goes dark. Then when the bootloader menu boots hit the bottom button once until the menu says recovery then hold the bottom button until the device boots into recovery. Or you can simply adb reboot recovery when your device is plugged up to the computer.

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Not just the ADT-1, but my vote would be for a better Android TV devices like the NVIDIA Shield (or even the Razer Forge for that matter). Too bad I'm not a developer, id buy the ADT-1 in a heartbeat though.

Anyway, to the OP, thanks for bringing CM to this device, that alone makes it more appealing to me already... :good: I will be watching this thread closely for a while, lol.

Guys he would need a device in hand to do that and you can't expect him to buy every device that comes out.

Reactions: pbanj and bmakk2055

bmakk2055

May 15, 2011
Restart the device hold the bottom button down until the Google screen goes dark. Then when the bootloader menu boots hit the bottom button once until the menu says recovery then hold the bottom button until the device boots into recovery. Or you can simply adb reboot recovery when your device is plugged up to the computer.

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Guys he would need a device in hand to do that and you can't expect him to buy every device that comes out.
Thanks I was using adb , I knew it had to be another way

SkOrPn

Jun 3, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
www.planetamd64.com
No of course not, and I never once said I expect him to. I just suggested a better Android TV device. The Shield isn't even released so obviously he can't have the thing in his hands yet. Besides, It must first be rooted, then devs can start work, etc etc. I'm just showing my support for a future device that devs will probably be drooling over to get their hands on, not to mention the consumers here.

I'd love to have the NP, but without Ethernet and only 1GB ram, its not even an option. Unless by chance it has Ethernet pin outs, then maybe I can solder on my own Ethernet connection and install a permanent flash drive for storage. I guess I need to take one apart and inspect it for possible hardware mods. Anyone know of any successful hardware mods done to the NP yet?

bkjolly

Nov 6, 2010
Owensboro
No of course not, and I never once said I expect him to. I just suggested a better Android TV device. The Shield isn't even released so obviously he can't have the thing in his hands yet. Besides, It must first be rooted, then devs can start work, etc etc. I'm just showing my support for a future device that devs will probably be drooling over to get their hands on, not to mention the consumers here.

I'd love to have the NP, but without Ethernet and only 1GB ram, its not even an option. Unless by chance it has Ethernet pin outs, then maybe I can solder on my own Ethernet connection and install a permanent flash drive for storage. I guess I need to take one apart and inspect it for possible hardware mods. Anyone know of any successful hardware mods done to the NP yet?

You worry to much about specs IMHO. The Device works flawlessly for what it was designed to do. Why do you need 2 gigs of Ram? Sure it would be nice but for what this device does you never see a difference. As for Ethernet that's as simple as an adapter plugged into adapter an otg hub.

Last edited:

Link_of_Hyrule

Oct 12, 2010
Ogden, Utah
www.ubermicrostudios.com
Honestly with a router that supports Wi-fi 802.11ac it's basically just as fast as Ethernet for the most part the actual ISP is the bottleneck at that point. I would say if you want to do actual gaming on the device for more hardcore stuff just wait for the Nvidia Shield because that thing is going to be the best deal at $200 you get the controller and everything. As far as game streaming I've used both KinoConsole and Limelight and both work great. Limelight is the better of the two if you have an Nvidia GPU in your pc it's basically dang near flawless for game streaming. KinoConsole is a great alternative for non-nvidia gpus like I have in my laptop.

Anyways sorry for such a long unrelated post can't wait for the next nightly build to be ready!

bkjolly

Nov 6, 2010
Owensboro
Honestly with a router that supports Wi-fi 802.11ac it's basically just as fast as Ethernet for the most part the actual ISP is the bottleneck at that point. I would say if you want to do actual gaming on the device for more hardcore stuff just wait for the Nvidia Shield because that thing is going to be the best deal at $200 you get the controller and everything. As far as game streaming I've used both KinoConsole and Limelight and both work great. Limelight is the better of the two if you have an Nvidia GPU in your pc it's basically dang near flawless for game streaming. KinoConsole is a great alternative for non-nvidia gpus like I have in my laptop.

Anyways sorry for such a long unrelated post can't wait for the next nightly build to be ready!

I think you summed up my point.

Reactions: Link_of_Hyrule

dude_75

Nov 13, 2013
Budapest
YAY for CM!

Hi there,

First of all I'm not much of a developer, so excuse me if I'm asking dumb questions :)

I'm pretty excited for the CM build for the fugu, and was reading through this thread so I won't miss anything :) I have a few questions on my mind tho...

• I use the NP in Leanback mode, with the matching Gapps, but I noticed, that I can also use the "regular" Android Settings page. In that there is an option in developer settings that says Advanced Reboot. On my phone (Nexus 5) I get more reboot options like bootloader, recovery etc. But when I turn this on, I don't get any other options for rebooting, only the ususal (instant) restart. Can it somehow be done that I could restart the NP in more ways from the Leanback launcher...?
  • I use an OTG device that has several USB slots and also various memory card slots, and it works (almost) great. I got a 64 GB micro SD card lately and tried out in the NP but I can't get it to show up. I use ES File Explorer and when I plug in a USB stick, it shows up immediately, but the micro SD card doesn't. Did I miss something here...?

Sorry for the long post, I'm too excited that CM has finally arrived on the NP :)

Link_of_Hyrule

Oct 12, 2010
Ogden, Utah
www.ubermicrostudios.com
Hey dhacker29 said he's still working in getting the USB storage and USB emails l webcams. Also different formats work while others don't I forget which file systems are supported. For your other question if you enable root I know there is some sort of Android TV reboot so although one never tried it personally. Any other questions?

@dhacker29 it would be good if you naively added support for NTFS, exFat, and ext if that's simply enough to do and just throw in with a library.

Last edited:
Reactions: dude_75

loociddreemr

Jul 10, 2010
[*]I use the NP in Leanback mode, with the matching Gapps, but I noticed, that I can also use the "regular" Android Settings page. In that there is an option in developer settings that says Advanced Reboot. On my phone (Nexus 5) I get more reboot options like bootloader, recovery etc. But when I turn this on, I don't get any other options for rebooting, only the ususal (instant) restart. Can it somehow be done that I could restart the NP in more ways from the Leanback launcher...?

If you hold the button on the bottom of the NP while plugging it in, it will start in the boot menu. short press the button to change modes, long press to select.

dude_75

Nov 13, 2013
Budapest
If you hold the button on the bottom of the NP while plugging it in, it will start in the boot menu. short press the button to change modes, long press to select.

Hey,

I know about the thing with the HW button, I just thought it would be easier if there was a "software" solution like there is on my phone :) I guess some time later it will be implemented in the fugu build :) right, @dhacker29 ? :)
@Link_of_Hyrule : thanks fo the tip, I didn't check the format of the card...I have no other questions now, but I surely will have some later :)

Link_of_Hyrule

Oct 12, 2010
Ogden, Utah
www.ubermicrostudios.com
As far as I know you have to select to install the update manually with the button I wish they could some how support using the BT remote or maybe even just have adb sideload work all the time regardless of clicking the button to sideload an update maybe saying "adb sideload" once to trigger it and "ADB sideload zipname" to actually flash it.

pbanj

Dec 22, 2011
Hey,

I know about the thing with the HW button, I just thought it would be easier if there was a "software" solution like there is on my phone :) I guess some time later it will be implemented in the fugu build :) right, @dhacker29 ? :)

@Link_of_Hyrule : thanks fo the tip, I didn't check the format of the card...I have no other questions now, but I surely will have some later :)

http://xdaforums.com/nexus-player/t...utdown-app-t3059499/post60394764#post60394764 check that out, its as good as ur going to get

Link_of_Hyrule

Oct 12, 2010
Ogden, Utah
www.ubermicrostudios.com
Apparently LoliRock has support for NTFS, ExFat, NFS/CIFS/F2FS Filesystem support so hopefully we can get those file systems supported on CM12.1 along with actual Native OTG USB Storage mount/unmount and moving to External USB Storage that's connected to an OTG.

dhacker29

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 27, 2011
Millsboro, DE
Apparently LoliRock has support for NTFS, ExFat, NFS/CIFS/F2FS Filesystem support so hopefully we can get those file systems supported on CM12.1 along with actual Native OTG USB Storage mount/unmount and moving to External USB Storage that's connected to an OTG.
This already supports NTFS and NFS/CIFS. CM went have exFat due to questionable licensing issues. F2FS needs updates before it is enabled as it currently doesn't support selinux contexts

Link_of_Hyrule

Oct 12, 2010
Ogden, Utah
www.ubermicrostudios.com
This already supports NTFS and NFS/CIFS. CM went have exFat due to questionable licensing issues. F2FS needs updates before it is enabled as it currently doesn't support selinux contexts

That's too bad exFat requires licensing I hate when companies do stuff like that what's the point of having a format if no one can use it? I don't completely understand what F2FS is but it seems to be pretty popular. That's good that it supports NTFS already. Does it also support Fat and Fat32 as well as ext? or what other file systems are supported?

dude_75

Nov 13, 2013
Budapest

Thank you for the tip, it works as expected, and also in a Leanback way ;)

---------- Post added at 06:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 AM ----------

I formatted my microSD card to NTFS but still no effect :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is for discussion of the official nightly builds of CyanogenMod 12.1.

You must have an unlocked bootloader to flash this rom. Please see https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images for information on unlocking your bootloader and restoring back to factory firmware.

You must have a custom recovery in order to install this rom. Please see this thread for more information. cm-recovery-nexus-player-fugu

You can either put this on your nexus player internal storage or use adb sideload to install.

This is a hybrid rom. Once you finish setup you will see a popup to choose your launcher. Choose "Home" if you want the default leanback ui, or choose Trebuchet if you want the full android launcher and settings.

Note:
    The Nexus Remote if fully supported. If you use the LeanBack gapps it will go through the pairing tutorial automatically at first boot. If you choose to not use gapps or use other gapps, just press the bottom button to initiate pairing.

Latest nightlies can ge downloaded from http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=fugu

Changelog: http://www.cmxlog.com/12.1/fugu/

Test build with webcam support. Also supports using webcam mic for google search
    Download latest test build: cm-12.1-20150520-UNOFFICIAL-fugu.zip

Added the Japanese keyboard, Korean keyboard, and Google WebView
    Gapps for Android 5.1 x86 LeanBack: gapps-lpmr1-x86-leanback-20150524-signed.zip

Note:
    If you use the full Android gapps you will need an OTG mouse to complete setup and for navigating some apps.
    I have included Google+, Gmail, YouTube, Hangouts, and Search as they don't show up in the market currently.

Modified the updater script to enable the navigation bar and set the default density to 240. Patch is still pending to enable the status bar, so currently there is no status bar even with full gapps.

Gapps for Android 5.1 x86 full android experience: gapps-lp-x86-20150527-signed.zip

Known Issues:
    Microphone is not working for Google Search

Extras:
    This zip will enable the play/pause button on the nexus remote to be used as the contextual menu button in Kodi. It also optimizes the streaming settings for a device with 1GB of RAM to prevent playback interuptions and allow continuous streaming. If you have your own advancedsettings.xml you may not want to flash this.

NexusPlayer-kodi-keymap-streaming-fix-signed.zip

Screenshots:

LT0RqcA.png

hJhCD4I.png

ZBu5ZSS.png

a7ncdlY.png

vVU07Pk.png

XDA:DevDB Information
    Official CM-12.1 for Nexus Player (fugu), ROM for the Nexus Player

Contributors
    dhacker29, bkjolly
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_asus_fugu/tree/cm-12.1

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked bootloader and custom recovery
    Based On: CyanogenMod 12.1

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 20150519
    Beta Release Date: 2015-04-19

Created 2015-04-19
    Last Updated 2015-05-24
    Test build in OP with USB webcam support, also allows webcam mic to work for google search when you push the search button on the remote. cm-12.1-20150520-UNOFFICIAL-fugu.zip
    Coming in the next nightly

wPeT9Zh.png

mpSgGJi.png

045Q0FK.png

cfgwZ7J.png

F9CYcs6.png

FFraaK6.png
    First time writing an entire application, but why have to go to the web and install SideLoad Launcher when we can build the functionality right into the rom. :D

EI8ob96.png

NAa9HHA.png
    Updated leanback gapps in OP as well as a flashable zip for kodi to enable the contexual menu with the nexus remote and optimize the video streaming settings.