General Official ColorOS 12 - general discussion

Search This thread

RadAustin

Dec 24, 2021
Hi Guys,

Creating this topic to discuss about your experience with OFFICIAL (NOT BETA) ColorOS 12.

Currently there is available:
- C.33 firmware for Global version
- C.36 firmware for CN version

Up till now I noticed few things:
- dual clock on Lock screen shows sometimes the same time value (need to unlock/lock screen to see the correct time)
- power button sometimes does not turn off the alarm clock (it puts the alarm instead in snooze mode)
- battery life is noticeably better
- phone seems snappier but it might be a result of factory reset just before upgrade and after upgrade.
- back button not working issue is fixed (at least did not occur on this version)
- android auto crashed once or displays some strangely resized icons (this has never happened on COS11)
- sometimes notifications disappear completely from notification drawer

In general it seems quite stable version - no major issues.
I got the update 2 days ago and for now alongside some minor bugs, the always-on display is not working anymore. That's super annoying, I don't know if someone else has the same issue. Tried turning it off and on, restarting the phone, trying with both options for resolution and refresh rate.
If anyone has any ideas, keep em coming

maxellxl

May 1, 2017
I got the update 2 days ago and for now alongside some minor bugs, the always-on display is not working anymore. That's super annoying, I don't know if someone else has the same issue. Tried turning it off and on, restarting the phone, trying with both options for resolution and refresh rate.
If anyone has any ideas, keep em coming
Have u done a factory reset after this big update?

awojtas

Apr 20, 2005
Wellington
I can't reliably wake up my X3 Pro with the fingerprint reader if the screen goes to sleep automatically.

If it's turned off with the power button the fingerprint reader is 100% reliable. But if the screen times out after a minute, then often the fingerprint icon won't show or recognise fingerprints, unless I press the power button to wake the screen first.

Sometimes if I wave over the proximity sensor/front camera the fingerprint icon will appear.

Seems to happen most if listening to music such as with Spotify or using navigation.

Anyone else experience this?

ColorOS 12 v37

djeresia

Dec 4, 2009
after waiting a long time for this coloros 12, I regret having updated because there are several graphic elements that I don't like, do you think it is possible to downgrade?

Roky86

Nov 20, 2008
Ho ricevuto l'aggiornamento 2 giorni fa e per ora, oltre ad alcuni bug minori, il display sempre attivo non funziona più. È super fastidioso, non so se qualcun altro ha lo stesso problema. Ho provato a spegnerlo e riaccenderlo, a riavviare il telefono, provando con entrambe le opzioni per la risoluzione e la frequenza di aggiornamento.
Se qualcuno ha qualche idea, continua a farle venire
Hi, to solve the problem with the always on display you need to install this fix:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iDluKHpyeMUQjtK3ONS9lNrDy2bnynPs/view
and then restart the smartphone.
it worked on my find x3 lite (IT).
I hope I was helpful :)

Last edited:

Guest69

Aug 26, 2006
Harrogate
Sony Xperia 1
Last edited:

Chillman90

Nov 28, 2012
Thank you, thank you, thank you. Tried it. I'm not using the AOD but unlocking the screen by directly using the fingerprint scanner without using the power button is finally possible again!

Reactions: step0011

Top Liked Posts