[OFFICIAL] crDroid Android 6.x for Samsung Galaxy S7

Search This thread

sorenjepsen

Aug 1, 2020
Just installed crDroid 6.8 - enjoying it so far!

edit:
One small issue with the "always active" lock screen. When locking the device via the power button, from active but unlocked state (from the screen asking code/thumb print), the back and menu buttons stay lit.

Cheers!
Søren

Last edited:

expressluke

I updated from version 6.6 via OTA update. Download okay, but the update to version 6.8 wasn't done automatically with TWRP 3.4.0-0. It had to be started manually in TWRP. Is that supposed to be the case?

By the way: Exactly the same OTA update behavior with Galaxy S6 Edge (hero2lte)

Nonetheless @turbolukex5, thank you for new update crDroid v6.8.
Did mess up the ota thing, will be resolved in next build crDroid 6.9

ratkiley

Nov 19, 2012
Denver
Current outstanding / fixed issues in the latest release

crDroid OTA Update Available: 4th June 2020
- Fixed issues with ril
- Graphics mapper crashes fixed
- Added advanced display features
- Color calibration backed up by mDNIe
- Accessibility mode
- Additional modes
- Enabled zram
- Switched to bfq I/O scheduler
- Switched to common doze implementation
- Switched to mke2fs for fs generation and checking to improve performance and stability of filesystem
- Re-enabled call recording for supported countries
- Added DRM hal
- Improved bionic runtime speeds by setting it to use exynos-m1 core optimizations
- Disabled samsung ZSWAP
- Performance and stability improvement

turbolukex5,

Thank you for creating and updating the first officially supported Android 10 ROM for Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge herolte exynos! I have read through the thread and reviewed the official release page on crDroid. There aren't many stable / up to date complete ROMs for my phone 930W8.

I am eagerly watching the release notes for bug fixes and I noticed that the official crDroid ROM page is missing release notes from a couple recent releases. I also noticed that this change log thread post was hard to find in the thread search because it doesn't have the words "change log" in it, like the other change log posts. I read the whole thread, but some people might miss this change log post.

After reading all the change logs and all forum thread posts, it is still not clear what the current, complete list of outstanding / fixed issues and workarounds are for this ROM. Here is what I gathered from posts in this thread, and the posted change logs. Not sure which issues have already been fixed in previous releases.

Outstanding Issues

• Low sound on telephone calls
    -> A posted workaround is to change a configuration file volume settings
    -> workaround: upgrade kernel to MoRoKernel - possibly fixes sound setting/crashes (which phones does this work on?)
  • Random crashes / reboots on 930W8 (canadian/UAE) phones
  • Wifi disconnects randomly while using
  • Loudspeaker sometimes switches to stereo with earpiece
  • Sometimes problems with Bluetooth Headsets when trying to call someone
  • Media sound sometimes go through phone ear speaker
  • microphone sometimes doesn't work during calls.
  • Microphone seems to shut off while using speakerphone during phone call.
  • Issues using headsets ( bluetooth or plugged in: headphone jack?)
  • Screen recording isn't working. At all. With any app.
  • Google camera notifications for processing hdr are stuck after capturing photo. Possible duplicate: Camera doesn't work
  • Capturing photosphere application hangs during processing.
  • OTA update fails to automatically install
    -> will be fixed in next release.
  • crDroid configuration : when i try to change the Hardware button effect (like "i want to take a Screenshot by double tapping on recent HW button.") The configuration menu crash every time.
  • after phone calls: when headphones are connected, music plays from all speakers
  • App drawer cannot be customize, when I try to select it from menu nothing is in there.
  • Screenshot is not working. (Power + Home button to screenshot?)
    -> Workaround: press power+ volume - for a few seconds.
  • Bluetooth is not accepting apk files.
  • shortcut for sharing issue sometimes : when you tap "instagram" icon to share on instagram, you share on messenger instead.

I am sure you have a full time software job and you do this in your free time, so thank you for this ROM!

Last edited:

truevision

Feb 5, 2013
Redmi Note 10
"
[*] Low sound on telephone calls
-> A posted workaround is to change a configuration file volume settings"

where is this workaround ? I saw in all thread but seems there isn't

rantier.ms

Aug 31, 2020
good

good ROM, but there are two jambs... very quiet sound when recording videos and the stock camera is better

seamo123

Jun 8, 2012
The file might be corrupted. Or you may have DL the wrong ROM (flat or edge)
Try to redownload your ROM.

Another thought : is your TWRP up to date ?

It sure is. I'm currently running Android 10 Lineage and keep getting an error 7 on TWRP whenever I try to downgrade to an Android 7 ROM. Is this a common problem?

Mint Julep

Aug 31, 2017
It sure is. I'm currently running Android 10 Lineage and keep getting an error 7 on TWRP whenever I try to downgrade to an Android 7 ROM. Is this a common problem?
Hum... never tried to downgrade but i remember that going from 8 to 9 needed the last version of TWRP. You could try to downgrade TWRP but it's just wild guess.

lhcbh

Oct 16, 2012
Good rom, but i found some bugs....

Clean install, with Morokernel, Gapps and magisk....

Major bugs I found:
Wifi not reconnects while screen is off, if you go out of range of wifi and returns it only reconnects when you turn the screen on.
In call earpiece volume not work, min or max not make any diference.... (but call volume works on other apps ex: whatsapp)
In call speakerphone volume not works too (it activates but with very low volume)....
Signal strength icon only works on 4G network, 2G/3G it aways show empty but I can make calls normally... (tried to fix changing modem version but no luck)

Very minor bug
When you clear call log the call log kep apeearing until you close the app or try to interact with the list...

Last edited:

expressluke

Crdroid v6.12 November security patch available to download.
Required to remove all passwords and fingerprints before update or you'll have to manually remove them afterwards.

Do note latest lineage 17.1 revision changes for November from Ivan's build are are here too

Last edited:

StivSmit

May 18, 2020
hi all, can someone tell me:
1. i have lags animation from clean install rom. I wonder if this is only on my device or globally - in this moment the device heats up.
- I tried to turn off the animation, but this is probably not an option, maybe. the phone is still heating up
2. Call recorder from stock dialer is not work - send message when press button "record": Failed to start call record

-
Is there an option to fix it?

noticed that at the moments of animation lags - the logcat gives this:
11-15 18:16:52.826 3764 3800 E BatteryExternalStatsWorker: no controller energy info supplied for bluetooth
11-15 18:17:02.919 3764 3988 E WifiNative: Could not get Iface object for interface null
11-15 18:17:23.105 4047 4047 W InstrumentedPrefFrag: Screen title missing for fragment com.crdroid.settings.fragments.Buttons
11-15 18:17:24.649 4047 6530 W OpenGLRenderer: Dirty 1440.00 448.00 2880.00 2560.00 doesn't intersect with 0 0 1440 2560 ?

Last edited:

Newuser4

Nov 22, 2020
1st IAM sorry for my bad English.
2nd Iam really appreciate turbolukex5 for his great work:cowboy: . You did a great job . You bring back life to my old Galaxy S7. I think Crdroid is the best stable rom right now. I have tried so many ROMs but none of them are bug's free.
3rd Iam facing a problem ,, it's not a bug maybe ,,,so I don't know how to generate bug report for this problem. The problem is when talking with someone in phone app ,the other person iam talking with here's his voice twice. I will be very happy if you can suggest me how to fix this problem. And the GPS isn't much accurate.( Iam currently using Crdroid 6.12)

Sindbad#

Dec 19, 2017
Hello,
i wanted to update yesterday via from crDroidAndroid-10.0-20200730-herolte-v6.8.zip to crDroidAndroid-10.0-20201108-herolte-v6.12.zip.

TWRP 3.4.0.0
- Install
- select crDroidAndroid-10.0-20201108-herolte-v6.12.zip
- After a successful installation -> Wipe cache/dalvik
- Reboot System

Error message:
Decryption unsuccessful
The password you entered is correct, but unfortunately your data is corrupt.
To resume using your phone, you need to perform a factory reset. When you set up your phone after the reset, you'll have an opportunity to restore any data that was backed up to your Google Account.

Password to unlock the screen was removed before.
In the settings the phone is shown as encrypted.
I cannot change this.

Is there a way to update my phone without factory reset?

Sindbad#

Dec 19, 2017
I was about to unencrypt crDroid 6.12 and then upgrade TWRP to twrp-3.5.0_9-0-herolte.img. But can not, is there a "trick"?

Reactions: ttmob4

arcticnyte

Mar 26, 2021
anyone reporting the echoing during phone calls with this rom? its a bug that is going around lately with the lineage 17 and 18 roms

Concept48

Dec 26, 2021
Sony Xperia M
K4BIA8T.png

BE3pE0l.png

Code:
*** Disclaimer
I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/10.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation:

installation:
  • Install crDroid ROM and any optional zips you want to flash afterwards and reboot. ( Make sure to clean-install coming from ANDROID PIE )

Download:
ROM Download for herolte

Sources:
ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
Kernel: Kernel Source

Known issues:
You tell me.

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
ExpressLuke 8890 Telegram
crDroid Community Telegram
Donate to help our team pay server costs

Donate to ExpressLuke[/SIZE]
Luke my brother , I want to thank you for all the work you did for us , so many years and this year was a special one for the S7 and S10 thanks to you , both on 12 ., Stay blessed my friend and may Android Gods always be with You , .Your friend Puck

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    K4BIA8T.png

BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/10.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation:

installation:
    • Install crDroid ROM and any optional zips you want to flash afterwards and reboot. ( Make sure to clean-install coming from ANDROID PIE )

Download:
    ROM Download for herolte

Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Kernel: Kernel Source

Known issues:
    You tell me.

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    ExpressLuke 8890 Telegram
    crDroid Community Telegram
    Donate to help our team pay server costs

Donate to ExpressLuke[/SIZE]
    New (official) crDroid 6.6 out!
    --
    Device Changelog
    - Switched to official build (OTA support)
    - Switched to system side LMKD
    - Fixed headphones (aux) microphone input
    - UI performance improved
    - Fixed ringtone output being routed to speaker with headphones/bt device plugged in
    - General stability improvements
    - Synced with latest crDroid source
    New CrDroid build!
    Changelog for 11th April 2020 - Find the build in the OP!

- April 2020 Security Patch
    - Face unlock added
    - Many other crDroid changes in source.
    crDroid OTA Update Available: 4th June 2020
    - Fixed issues with ril
    - Graphics mapper crashes fixed
    - Added advanced display features
    - Color calibration backed up by mDNIe
    - Accessibility mode
    - Additional modes
    - Enabled zram
    - Switched to bfq I/O scheduler
    - Switched to common doze implementation
    - Switched to mke2fs for fs generation and checking to improve performance and stability of filesystem
    - Re-enabled call recording for supported countries
    - Added DRM hal
    - Improved bionic runtime speeds by setting it to use exynos-m1 core optimizations
    - Disabled samsung ZSWAP
    - Performance and stability improvement
    New CrDroid build!
    Changelog for 9th February 2020 - Find the build in the OP!:
    - aptX BT audio blobs are now included again
    - Power HAL was added with more control over performance to battery ratio
    < This includes the control of profile through the battery entry in settings (Power save / Balanced / Performance >
    - Notification light handling was improved
    - Snap camera added back with working video recording.
    - Binderized Audio HAL process
    - Camera wrapper was added back
    * Fixes Camera3 metadata
    * Enabled HAL1 is now enabled for some apps that had issues previously (e.g. WhatsApp,Snapchat,Facebook and Instagram)
    * Fixed 1440p/4K video recording handling in some apps
    * Bug was fixed where camera would hang after stopping auto focus in some legacy apps
    - Enabled batch and background WiFi scanning
    - Dual-band WiFi support was fixed
    - Misc performance and stability improvements
    - Synced with CrDroid latest source