• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 13.0 - Mi3 [cancro]

Search This thread

linuxxxx

Sep 22, 2013
250px-CyanogenMod_logo.svg.png

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0.x (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit Gerrit Code Review.

IMPORTANT INFORMATIONS
We will not support users and answer questions from users which:
  • are running a custom kernel
  • have flashed mods
  • modified system files
  • didn't follow our instructions word by word
  • are unfriendly

WIKI
Official CyanogenMod Wiki: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/cancro_Info

INSTRUCTIONS
First time installing CyanogenMod 13.0 to your Xiaomi Mi3:
  • Read the official Wiki page
  • Unlock your bootloader if you haven't done so already
  • Flash a custom recovery via Fastboot
  • Push GApps (arm) and the CM 13.0 zip to your device
  • Boot into Recovery
  • Perform factory reset
  • Flash the CM 13.0 zip from SD card
  • Flash GApps from SD card
  • Reboot (be patient, "optimizing apps" takes a while)
Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod:
  • Push the new CM 13.0 zip to your SD card
  • Boot into Recovery
  • Flash the most recent GApps for Marshmallow if you are upgrading from 12.1

DOWNLOADS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

BUGS
Report bugs for nightly builds at https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/NIGHTLIES. Please keep in mind that bugs are expected on these builds. If you want something stable, choose the Snapshot branch. Before reporting any bug, make sure it has not been reported by someone else.

Current status:

• Builds: nightlies, snapshots
  • Lastest Snapshot: ZNH0EAO2NJ
  • Will get next Snapshot: Yes
  • Known issues: none
  • Security (kernel): all CVE (Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures) are fixed

FAQ
  • I get error 7 while flashing this rom, what does it mean?
  • Read what the recovery says: "You're running on an unsupported (Kitkat) baseband". In order to flash the lastest CM builds you must have Miui MM baseband and partition layout installed. Visit http://bit.ly/cancroCMBaseband to learn how to update these
  • ROOT! ROOT! Give me root or i'll die!!! Where root is???
  • First of all do not flash any supersu/superuser/superman zip package to get root. Go to Settings>Developement Settings>Root access and select "Apps Only"
  • Are these gapps working with cm13?
  • Use the suggested package
  • Why no nightly today?
  • There was a compilation issue
  • When do I have to wipe data?
  • You must wipe data only when you're switching from another rom or migrating to Snapshot branch from Nightly and vice versa. You don't need to wipe data when you update in the same release channel. This applies to 12.1 -> 13.0 too
  • Why no ?
  • Because this is CyanogenMod
  • Will you add ?
  • I won't. If you want that, submit a commit to gerrit, where it will be reviewed.

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
[OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 13.0 - Mi3 [cancro], ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 3

Contributors
linuxxxx
Source Code: https://github.com/cyanogenmod

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: MiUi MM baseband and partition layout

Version Information

Created 2015-12-22
Last Updated 2016-05-30

Last edited:

yadavjpr

Jun 7, 2011
Pune
If ready, can flashing from CM 12 without wipe all/hard reset?
Yes
Push the new CM 13.0 zip to your SD card
Boot into Recovery
Flash the CM 13.0 zip from SD card
Flash the most recent GApps for Marshmallow if you are upgrading from 12.1
Reboot (be patient, "optimizing apps" takes a while)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    250px-CyanogenMod_logo.svg.png

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0.x (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit Gerrit Code Review.

IMPORTANT INFORMATIONS
    We will not support users and answer questions from users which:
    • are running a custom kernel
    • have flashed mods
    • modified system files
    • didn't follow our instructions word by word
    • are unfriendly

WIKI
    Official CyanogenMod Wiki: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/cancro_Info

INSTRUCTIONS
    First time installing CyanogenMod 13.0 to your Xiaomi Mi3:
    • Read the official Wiki page
    • Unlock your bootloader if you haven't done so already
    • Flash a custom recovery via Fastboot
    • Push GApps (arm) and the CM 13.0 zip to your device
    • Boot into Recovery
    • Perform factory reset
    • Flash GApps from SD card
    • Push the new CM 13.0 zip to your SD card
    • Boot into Recovery
    • Flash the most recent GApps for Marshmallow if you are upgrading from 12.1

DOWNLOADS
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

BUGS
    Report bugs for nightly builds at https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/NIGHTLIES. Please keep in mind that bugs are expected on these builds. If you want something stable, choose the Snapshot branch. Before reporting any bug, make sure it has not been reported by someone else.

Current status:

• Builds: nightlies, snapshots
    • Lastest Snapshot: ZNH0EAO2NJ
    • Will get next Snapshot: Yes
    • Known issues: none
    • Security (kernel): all CVE (Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures) are fixed

FAQ
    • I get error 7 while flashing this rom, what does it mean?
    • Read what the recovery says: "You're running on an unsupported (Kitkat) baseband". In order to flash the lastest CM builds you must have Miui MM baseband and partition layout installed. Visit http://bit.ly/cancroCMBaseband to learn how to update these
    • ROOT! ROOT! Give me root or i'll die!!! Where root is???
    • First of all do not flash any supersu/superuser/superman zip package to get root. Go to Settings>Developement Settings>Root access and select "Apps Only"
    • Are these gapps working with cm13?
    • Use the suggested package
    • Why no nightly today?
    • There was a compilation issue
    • When do I have to wipe data?
    • You must wipe data only when you're switching from another rom or migrating to Snapshot branch from Nightly and vice versa. You don't need to wipe data when you update in the same release channel. This applies to 12.1 -> 13.0 too
    • Why no ?
    • Because this is CyanogenMod
    • Will you add ?
    • I won't. If you want that, submit a commit to gerrit, where it will be reviewed.

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 13.0 - Mi3 [cancro], ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 3

Contributors
    linuxxxx
    Source Code: https://github.com/cyanogenmod

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: MiUi MM baseband and partition layout

Version Information

Created 2015-12-22
    Last Updated 2016-05-30
    I see many of you where wondering if cancro would be getting cm-14 or not: well this could be a real thing:

e25c28514a48fa0683ca53fbe6d0546f.jpg

Don't ask me to provide you builds of cm14, I won't, if you can't live without the latest android release there are other guys here on XDA posting cm14 builds.
    I've been really busy and I just got some time to bring this up. At the moment video recording is broken, as any other device with a 7.0 rom. Everything else is fine from what I could test.

Until cm14 nightlies release starts (video recording needs to be fixed first), I'll keep cm13 up to dated with patches from aosp security bulletin and others important fixes (if there will be any).
    Tomorrow's device specific updates:

• Prima updates: I've been testing this for a while, but it's a huge update for prima drivers. Please tell me if you see new WiFi and telephony issues popping in
    • Snap preview has been fixed (was forcing to a 16:9 preview), now it will show the right preview. Yes the black bar at the bottom may look odd, it's not a bug, that's is the preview size
    • Other minor things you won't notice

CM works well on MiUi mm things (I'm referring to modem, bootloader etc...).
    If you want you can also repartition to MiUi MM layout, it will be fine, CM can adapt itself dynamically with no problems (If you plan to do so I recommend you this so you'll get updated base and partitions layout without loosing any of your data).

Happy flashing!
    Somehow after flash latest nightly (31), my screen become super sensitive sometime. It can sense my finger at length 2cm over the screen, I can also start an app without touching it.
    The Force is strong within you

Sent from my HM NOTE 1LTE using Tapatalk
    Important update

From the coming days you might not be able to upgrade your cm installation anymore, because
    you are running CM on the old KitKat baseband / partition layouts.
    I've deprecated support for these old stuffs in order to give better support (because of
    better system compatibility with newer baseband) and to be able to
    ship features such as Live wallpapers, a working CMFM, Gello (once it'll be avaiable) and other minor things.

If you are still using Kitkat partition layouts / baseband I strongly suggest you to upgrade:
    Visit http://bit.ly/cancroCMBaseband to know how to easily
    update to mm layout / baseband without wiping your user data (you'll just need to re flash CM zip and gapps because
    system partitions will be erased and "merged").

I hope you understand the reasons behind this important change.