[OFFICIAL][DISCONTINUED][A12] crDroid v8.8 - Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite (daisy)

Search This thread

sportsmen2020

Aug 9, 2022
Please forgive my ignorance, but I read through the thread twice and I'm still confused. If I apply OTA update from build 12.1-20220510-v8.4 to 12.1-20220726-v8.7 will I lose all the app data?

Reactions: vivab0rg

ee99161

Jan 5, 2008
Maia
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
Hi to all. I had ArrowOS installed and wanted to try CrDroid. So i cleaned everything in TWRP and format data. I installed ROM and twrp. Rebooted to recovery and installed Gapps and Magisk. Now my phone only shows the eye from the ROM changing colours and no foward. Been like that for 10 minutes now. What should i do?

sieko.

Aug 16, 2022
Hi to all. I had ArrowOS installed and wanted to try CrDroid. So i cleaned everything in TWRP and format data. I installed ROM and twrp. Rebooted to recovery and installed Gapps and Magisk. Now my phone only shows the eye from the ROM changing colours and no foward. Been like that for 10 minutes now. What should i do?
Happened with me before. Incompatible Gapps. Check the android version and the Gapps version.. Or may be try another gapps package

Reactions: ee99161

ee99161

Jan 5, 2008
Maia
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
Happened with me before. Incompatible Gapps. Check the android version and the Gapps version.. Or may be try another gapps package
That was the problem yes. FlameGapps didn't worked.
Another question. The bottom bar, the one that has the 3 native android buttons (back, close, see open apps), how do i enable those buttons and how do i remove the shortcuts for the apps there (phone, messages, browser, camera)?

sieko.

Aug 16, 2022
Settib
That was the problem yes. FlameGapps didn't worked.
Another question. The bottom bar, the one that has the 3 native android buttons (back, close, see open apps), how do i enable those buttons and how do i remove the shortcuts for the apps there (phone, messages, browser, camera)?
Settings/system/gestures/system navigation

remove shortcut by long press then drag upward to remove

rdzayee

Jan 12, 2014
Arbil
Hello have anyone updated to 8.8 I have got it but can't install the update over the updater app gets force close. Note, I didn't installed twrp

Cippo95

Jun 5, 2022
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
At first I had the update app crashing but after deleting and redownloading the update it installed it... but now the phone is bootlooping.
I'll try to get this working or switch to another custom rom, thanks for the support anyway!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/12.1/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation:

First time installation:
    • Flash stock FW 11.0.4.0 (if you have not done so again)
    • Boot to TWRP via fastboot
    • Format data
    • Flash the ROM zip and the TWRP installer zip
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash Gapps (Optional)
    • Flash Magisk (Optional)
    • Format data
    • Reboot to system

Update installation:
    • Go to Settings -> System -> Updater and check for updates
    • Click "Download" and select "Install" once that is done
    • Install Magisk to other slot from the Magisk app (if you have it)
    • Press "Reboot" to continue

Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Kernel: Kernel URL
    Device tree: Device Tree
    Vendor tree: Vendor

Download:
    ROM: https://crdroid.net
    Changelog: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/crdroidandroid/android_vendor_crDroidOTA/12.1/changelog_daisy.txt

Known issues:
    - Flashlight is dead in some apps. This is because Xiaomi camera blobs have issues with Camera2API (HAL3) which is enabled by default, as per A12's requirements.
    - Some videos (.webm files) will not play correctly. This is due to some underlying issue with the hardware VP9 decoder

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    crDroid Daisy Telegram
    crDroid Community Telegram
    crDroid Updates Channel
    Donate to help our team pay server costs
    New Android 12.1 build is up!

Changelog:

- Initial Android 12.1 build, with all of CrDroid's source changes
    - Rebased on top of LineageOS sources (Better stability and user experience)
    - Switched most proprietary blobs to daisy instead of CAF
    - Updated proprietary graphics blobs to LA.UM.8.6.2.r1-08600.89xx
    - Dropped camera HALv1 completely since it does not work with 12.1 at all (You now cannot disable Camera2API since the camera will not work if that's done)
    - Dropped some camera testing code to reduce its binary size
    - Added CAF FM Radio with RDS support
    - Kernel changes:
    * Complete source rework and source cleanup
    * Fixed FM Radio speaker output
    * Upstreamed to 4.9.312
    New update is up fixing a bunch of issues reported in the previous build
    Changelog:
    * Resolved some sepolicy issues
    * Fixed dual SIM RIL issues
    * Fixed the goodix cleaning script
    * Fixed the HAL switch once again
    * Fixed hotspot bricking WiFi after it was turned off
    * Notable kernel changes (from before):
    - Upstreamed to 4.9.299
    - Some scheduler changes to improve interactivity
    For everyone who does not know, the new update has been delayed since the source is being worked on for Android 12.1 (12L)
    Great work @LinkBoi your rom is good for daily use it has some bugs I'm sure it'll be fixed in the next updates. Suggestions if you can add radio FM app.
    Already implemented for the next build. Slight issue is that I have to pick in-between allowing FM to output sound over the speaker as well, with the volume stuck at one level, or speaker audio not working at all from the FM app. Any input would be appreciated.