[OFFICIAL]DualBootPatcher[RN4/mido]

Search This thread

knreddy

Mar 17, 2014
Experience sharing of Redmi Note 4x mido

Is Still Alive is Support Oreo ?

Dual Boot MIUI miui mido 8.2.10.0, Marhmallow 6.0 (at primary) and Lineage OS 15.0 Unofficila Oreo 8.0 (at Data) on Redmi Note 4 Indian version , Snapdragon 4GB , 64MB (=Redmi Note 4x Mido)

1) installed fastboot miui mido 8.2.4.10 through Mi flash 2017 while phone is at bootloader
(downloaded from http://bigota.d.miui.com/V8.2.4.0.M...DL_20170407.0000.00_6.0_global_08ba89f464.tgz)

(i was facing boot recovery problem even after farmatting data)

2) Flashed twrp-3.1.1-0-mido.img ( downloaded from https://qc1.androidfilehost.com/dl/...61840155545567358/FLASHER+TOOLKIT+MidoV2.rar? )... from here on phone at fastboot from pc

3) Booted above twrp recovery >wipe> format data > yes (it will erase all of your data including photos, music etc on internal storage. So make sure you moved them or made their backup)
Installed 8.2.10.0.zip
( http://bigota.d.miui.com/V8.2.10.0.MCFMIDL/miui_HMNote4XGlobal_V8.2.10.0.MCFMIDL_ee189ea231_6.0.zip )

4) Installed mazisk 16.7 bundle.zip
Installed lazyflasher-no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip
5) Rebootted to os
6) Installed Dual boot patch at phone (down loaded DualBootPatcherAndroid-9.3.0.r866.g9227f348-snapshot.apk from https://dbp.noobdev.io/files/9.3.0....cherAndroid-9.3.0.r866.g9227f348-snapshot.apk)
Opened Dual boot patch > +>Add flashable zip >ok> slect as Data slot and enter any ID (e.g LOS15) and patched los 15.0 (oreo 8.0) zip file
Opened Dual boot patch > ROMs>touhed floating button at right lower corner >add >add patched file > selected the above patched LOS15.0 zip
Rebooted to LOS

But the above is not easy with miui_HMNote4XGlobal_V8.2.4.0.MCFMIDL_b340f1c79f_6.0
or mido_global_images_V10.1.1.0.NCFMIFI_20181029.0000.00_7.0_global possibility under exploration

Note:
1) xiaomi.eu_8.11.15_by_olegpolisan1.zip from
https://doc-0o-6s-docs.googleuserco...0617599&hash=j9rhjht1sf1rjfaajbgvetgaf9ocq4t0

and xiaomi.eu_multi_HM4X_V8.2.16.0.MAMCNEA_v8-6.0 from MEGA

are not mido not useful for Redmi Note 4x Snapdragon (it is santoni for redmi note 4 MTK)

cruiz24

Nov 12, 2017
Why not use official MIUI ?

It's given in the instructions that OFFICIAL MIUI ROM SHOULDN'T BE MADE as PRIMARY.

Can you explain why?
What should I do if I want it to be primary and a RR to be dual booted with it?

knreddy

Mar 17, 2014
Another Experience sharing with Redmi Note 4 ( 4x )Snapdragon dual boot

Dual Boot MIUI miui mido 8.2.10.0, Marhmallow 6.0 (at primary) and Lineage OS 15.0 Unofficila Oreo 8.0 (at Data) on Redmi Note 4 Indian version , Snapdragon 4GB , 64MB (=Redmi Note 4x Mido

Experience sharing:

Working configuration

Prerequisite:
a) Redmi Note 4 Indian (snapdragon) = Redmi note 4x with MIUI 8x or 9x or 10x with unlocked bootloader
b) Latest TWRP installed from fastboot
c) First backup all your data including Internal Storage, then boot to TWRP>WIPE>FOMATE DATA then type 'yes' and tap enter it . you (may ) need to reboot to recovery and the redo above i.e. TWRP>WIPE>FOMATE DATA then type 'yes' and tap enter it .
d )TWRP>WIPE>ADVANCE WIPE > select all except external sd >ok

Procedure Followed:

1) just after above step d) without any reboot , Installed (from TWRP) lineage-15.0-20171008-MOD-mido.zip
downloaded from
https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=745849072291679534
2) Installed (from TWRP) magisk 16.7 or above
3) Installed (from TWRP) lazyflasher-no-verity-opt-encrypt
4) Rebooted to system (it will take time)
5) Installed the latest Dual Boot Patcher ( DBP) downloaded from
https://dbp.noobdev.io/
(Go to Settings ==>Installed apps==>All==>Documents==>Enable (incase of MIUI 7.x or MIUI8.x )

Caution on DBP versions :Always latest may not work on old phones / OSes e.g. DualBootPatcherAndroid-9.3.0.r866.g9227f348 is able to produce flashable.zip but not by v9.3.0.r888 or v9.3.0.r912 or v9.3.0.r936 or v9.3.0.r944 or v9.3.0.r952 from the following ROM files. However, Version 9.3.0.r866 was hanging while switching from primary to data-slot at Boot UI(it needs press and hold of power button or wait for 90 sec to restart, where as BootUI by 9.3.0.r944 or 9.3.0.r952 is OK when Data-slot ROM is established by them and the best is DBP version 9.3.0.r463 at least for the following ROMs

6. Open DBP app and click on ROMs and grant it a root access.
7. Click yes to update the "Primary Kernel"
8. Go to "Patch Zip File"
9. Click on "Add flashable zip"
10) Choose the required ROM xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote4X_8.12.20_v10-7.0.zip as data-slot
downloaded from
https://excellmedia.dl.sourceforge..../xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote4X_8.12.20_v10-7.0.zip
(xiaomi.eu can be installed at Data-slot , where as MIUI 8.x, 9.x, 10.x worked only as Primary)
11. Click "OPEN
12. Under partition configuration choose "Data slot”
13. Enter and ID as "euMIUI463" (or any other name! this I have coined to indicate ROM and DBP versions)
14. Click on "Continue"
15. Click on "SAVE"
16. Click on "Right Mark" to patch the zip file
17. Wait till the operation to finish
18. Go to "ROMs"
19. Click on "Add patched file" to flash it
20. Click on "Keep the current location"
21. Flash and wait till the operation to finish
22. Go to "ROMs" to make sure that the new second ROM is added
23. Now close the app and re-open it for refreshing
24. Adding the "Gapps Package"
25. Go to "Patch Zip File"
26. Click on "Add flashable zip"
27. Choose the “open_gapps-arm64-8.0-nano-20181229.zip”
28. Click "OPEN"
29. Check and select Data slot , make sure that the ID in step 10 "euMIUI463"
30. Repeat the steps from 11 to 18
31. Reboot
32. Install the DBP again
33. Choose the primary ROM and reboot
34. To install boot ui==>Go to settings==>click on install boot ui (it will give you option to boot to which rom on every reboot)(This step is optional)(in order to use 'boot ui' update ramsdisk of both rom)

The Utilities ZIP is a flashable zip in the recovery which is based on AROMA installer which provides basic dual boot system modification tools like changing the current boot ROM or wiping a ROM etc. It is very useful when your device is in boot loop or you want to change your boot ROM using the recovery.

Observation:
1) BootUI with DBP version 9.3.0.r463 is fully working. However other versions may freeze , if ROM switching is involved [needs pressing the power button till restarts (for approx 12 seconds) and release ] or wait for 90 seconds.
2) if any flashing is required from TWRP after above process (step 1 to 34) , the file is to be patched first as primary (if flashing is required on primary ROM) or Data Slot with Same ID (above e.g. euMIUI463 ) (if flashing is required on data slot ROM), otherwise we may lose root and BootUI
3) After above process (step 1 to 34), If we format (TWRP>Wipe> Format>yes> swipe to wipe)we will lose ROM on data slot
4) After above process (step 1 to 34)If we wipe cache (TWRP>Wipe> Advanced wipe > Cache> swipe to wipe ), we will loose BootUI.
5) After above process (step 1 to 34)If we wipe Dalvik/ART cache (TWRP>Wipe> Advanced wipe >select Dalvik/ART cache > swipe to wipe ), we will not loose BootUI

Other ROMs

1. MULTIPRO_MIUI9_8.3.1_MIDO_7.0.zip worked as primary but not as as data-slot
2. MULTIPRO_MIUI8_7.4.6_MIDO_6.0.zip worked as data-slot / primary (black screen takes long before boot animation, but it is pre rooted)
3. xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote4X_8.12.20_v10-7.0.zip worked as data-slot / primary

4. AOSP Extended 5.8 (Android 8.1.0 but old build) at primary & LOS15.0 (Android 8.0) at Data-Slot, but LOS can be switched from AOSP Extended 5.8 (old build) to LOS15.0 but not reverse. However AOSP Extended can be optained by rebooting to recovery and installing DualBootUtilities-9.3.0.r866.zip and switching to primary (BootUI is not compatible, it triggers Bootloader)

But the above is not easy with miui_HMNote4XGlobal_V8.2.4.0.MCFMIDL_b340f1c79f_6.0
or mido_global_images_V10.1.1.0.NCFMIFI_20181029.0000.00_7.0_global possibility under exploration (prerequisite step –c to be followed , work as primary only)

advantages
1) Auto boot on charger working on both [by modifying init.rc of boot.img (as experience shared by me or others at somewhere else), it works even after unrooting]
[But if BootUI is installed, primary may not be able to Auto Boot Charge untill init.rc of the additional boot image placed by dual boot patcher at \Internal shared storage\MultiBoot\primary is modified ]

2) Battery charge limit upper and lower limits are working with selecting charging_enabled (universal) but after installation of some apps, lower limit may not effective,but if lower limit is needed, mcs2018.8.8.zip with charger switch apk (GUI) (now renamed to ACC 2018.12.10 may used but it is not compatible with above apk .

I am using acc with the following configuration capacity=4,101,30-60 #<shutdown,coolDown,resume-pause>
It will shutdown at 4% , it will continually charge because of 101 to next defined level , minimum resume level is 30% and charging stops at 60% .
However minimum level will reset, if we restart the phone.

Note: if charger is connected while the phone is at shut-down level or lower , it will not shutdown . Hence this configuration is useful when phone is shutdown due to low battery level and we connect it to charger and forgot to on the phone, as it it will on the phone in auto when combined with Auto Boot on Charge)

3) Aptx working (however it is to be enabled by flashing aptx enabler ( as experience shared by me or others at somewhere else), once enabled it works after unrooting also)

4) ZaZa remote works for learned signals LG TV and Onkyo receiver etc but Airtel will not work, Mi Remote to be installed for airtel.

5) One Rooted OS (flexible )in regular use, further if any problem is faced with financial apps, it can be switched to Data Slot (non rooted)

6) BootUI for duel booting

But all TWRP flashable files are to be patched with suitable options with DBP before flashing.

Addnl info: The following camera apps are installed to supplement basic camera of
LOS 15
1) OnePlus port downloaded from

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8CVLsJGOgyTRVNWVS1BQTFkaVU/view?usp=drivesdk

2) Manual camera (it has auto also) downloaded from
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8...WJROTNxQ0NXVzQ

Topic:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/re...-plus-5-camera-port-redmi-note-4-7-0-t3656125
Both cameras are working with most of options enabled on Lineage OS 15 (installed over MIUI 10 mido firmware )

OnePlus port appears to be superior over Manual camera

3) Bacon camera works on euMIUI463 in full manual mode as default app does not have manual aperture.

Caution on camera flashable zip mods: Do not flash MIUI Camera …Mods…zip especially from TWRP as they may not work on Samsung sensor and if we flash uninstaller to remove them, phone may not boot. Even we cannot delete their files from location, we have to reflash the ROM.

Caution on upgrading DBP: latest version may not be suitable always as DBP is common to many phones and OS versions. It may be better not to update DBP, when present version is working satisfactorily. DBP version 9.3.0.r463 is stable for this phone and OS

Nandroid Backup and Restoration

CAUTION on Backup and restore: any data on internal drive like photos, messages etc or even Data or settings or configurations of apps, if they are saving just on visible area of internal drive (which is visible to user without root ) will be lost.

A) Backup
1) Wipe out other ROMs if already installed since they will not work but occupy space.
(Dual Boot Patcher >Options(3 horizontal lines at RHS top) > ROMs >Options of ROM to be wiped (3 vertical dots)>Wipe ROM > select all like System, Cache, Data, Dalvik Cache and MultiBoot files > OK)
2) Install all general android applications optionally (e.g. addnl camera , WPS Office, Cam scanner, Repligo reader, Translate, Maps, Light flow, Call recorder, User dictionary Plus, etc) which do not update very frequently (generally non financial) and open them to check functionality.
3) Boot to Recovery (TWRP)
4) Backup > select System, Vendor, Data, Cache, Boot and Persist
Select storage at MicroSD or USB OTG
(it may be around 4GB based no apps installed for LOS15.0)
It may take around 500 seconds
5) Boot to system
6) Now install ROMs e.g. Data-slot ROM
(Dual Boot Patcher >Options(3 horizontal lines at RHS top) > ROMs > in App Flashing > +>Add patched file>select patched ROM>……….as described above
7) Now Reboot to Data-Slot ROM
8) Install all general android applications optionally (e.g. addnl camera etc) DND, which do not update very frequently (generally non financial) and open them to check functionality.
9) Reboot Back to Primary ROM
10) Back up Data-slot ROM
(Dual Boot Patcher >Options(3 horizontal lines at RHS top) > settings > Change Backup directory > Browse to your favorite folder generally on External MicroSD

Dual Boot Patcher >Options(3 horizontal lines at RHS top) > ROMs >Options of ROM to be Backed up (3 vertical dots)>Backup ROM > select all like System, Cache, Data, Dalvik Cache and MultiBoot files > OK)
It takes some time.

B) Restoration
1) Boot to TWRP Recovery
2) Touch on Restore > select Back up > swipe to restore
(Select System, Vendor, Data, Cache, Boot and Persist) it may take 180 seconds
3) Boot to system
Cancel at Dual Boot Patcher Boot UI>Switch ROM> Primary (it may be default )
4) ROM restore from Dual Boot Patcher
(Dual Boot Patcher >Options(3 horizontal lines at RHS top) > ROMs > in App Flashing > +>Add backup>select backup file (if it says no back up file , go to settings and select backup location) >ok> select all like System, Cache, Data, Dalvik Cache and MultiBoot files > select Data Slot (to be selected suitably based on what is backed up) >enter an id (I have entered eumiui463) >OK>touch on Tick of Restore Backup)
5) update ramdrive
( Dual Boot Patcher >Options(3 horizontal lines at RHS top) > ROMs >Options of ROM whose ramdrive to be updated (3 vertical dots)> touch Update ramdrive,
6) check by rebooting each ROM after getting successful ramdrive updation.

It is only experience sharing , hence no credit or responsibility.

Last edited:

UsPdSr

Very informative and helpful tutorial.

Kudos!

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

PS

knreddy78583729 said:
lineage-15.0-20171008-MOD-mido.zip

I've never seen these builds, but this is most likely not that surprising by all the roms which are out there. ^^

Is the addition 'MOD' just related to this procedure or has it any customization?
Do you perhaps know if there are any other Oreo roms available other then Lineage, suitable for a Dual boot?

knreddy

Mar 17, 2014
I have observed that all sensors and hardware are working this version of LOS and it has modified boot animation which can be restored with DBP patched flashable LOS 15 boot animation. Further LOS 15.0 unofficial is available but bluetooth , led of capacitive button of back , menu etc are not working. For android 8.1 and above need manual editing of boot image file, until DBP achieves the capability.
Regards

mcgragor

Dec 5, 2010
Rio de Janeiro
After spending all day taking a beating ...

I managed to reach my goal ...
MIUI stock stable last version (HMNote4XGlobal_V10.2.3.0.NCFMIXM) as primary
SailfishOS as Secundary.

Use twrp-3.2.2-0-mido

1- First do a full wipe in all partitions
2- Format Data
3- Flash lazyflasher-no-verity-opt-encrypt
4- Flash HMNote4XGlobal_V10.2.3.0.NCFMIXM
5- Flash lazyflasher-no-verity-opt-encrypt
6- Reboot
7- In initial config, dont set any pin or fingerprint, only google account
8- Install latest magisk manager and build patched_boot.img
9- Reboot recovery and flash patched_boot.img and reboot
10- Install latest DualBoot Patcher (i use 9.3.0.r959), go to menu>>ROMs and give root permissions and update kernel.
11- Patch zip files for use data partition, but do not flash in app.
(for sailfish i used same files of original rom tread, cm-14.1-mido-firmware-20170430, lineage-14.1-20170921-nightly-mido-signed, sailfishos-mido-release-2.1.3.7-pgz27)
12- Reboot to recovery and install zip files in order and reboot, 1st Firmware, 2nd Build, 3rd SailfishOS
13- Config your Sailfish as you like
14- Reboot recovery and use DualBootUtilities to back to MIUI, set your pin and Fingerprint

This is it, MIUI and SailfishOS run like a grape!

Next goal = Putting Alien-Dalvik to work on Sailfish

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2017
Delhi
Error While Booting to other roms

I have Redmi note 4 (mido) with root via magisk
Current ROM is MIUI 10.2.3.0 Stable
Custom recovery is Red Wolf TWRP Recovery
I installed AOSP pie rom to data slot with miui as primary ROM
After reboot it booted into fastboot mode
Same happened with Pixel experience pie rom.
Please help me

Procedure I followed (primary ROM is MIUI)
1. Installed dualbootpatcher.apk
2. Set kernel for primary ROM from popup
3. Update ramdisk of primary ROM
4. Install bootui
5. Patched AOSP and pixel experience
6. Flashed AOSP zip via app and updated its ramdisk
7. Switched ROM
8. Reboot . Booted into fastboot
9. Went to recovery deleted ramdisk.img from AOSP folder from multiboot
10. Reboot to system
11. Switched ROM to primary from bootui TWRP
Wiped AOSP ROM from app
12. Flashed pixel patch zip from app
13. Reboot. Booted to fastboot
14. Went to recovery -> reboot to system
15. Switched ROM from bootui
Wiped pixel ROM app

Please help me

One more thing if it helps
Earlier I flashed pixel experience ROM but faced battery issues so switched to RR ROM. Didn't liked RR ROM so switched to AOSP (rooted it via magisk). Then I found out that I couldn't install mi app Store so switched back to miui ROM
Somehow miui China ROM was flashed and I couldn't change region. So followed region fix from here

https://rsmtipstricks.blogspot.com/2017/08/how-to-fix-region-issue.html

After switching back to primary ROM from bootui
That region fix files were deleted from cust folder.

Please help me.

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

SailfishOS as Secundary.

Use twrp-3.2.2-0-mido

2- Format Data
6- Reboot
10- Install latest DualBoot Patcher (i use 9.3.0.r959), go to menu>>ROMs and give root permissions and update kernel.
(for sailfish i used same files of original rom tread, cm-14.1-mido-firmware-20170430, lineage-14.1-20170921-nightly-mido-signed, sailfishos-mido-release-2.1.3.7-pgz27)
12- Reboot to recovery and install zip files in order and reboot, 1st Firmware, 2nd Build, 3rd SailfishOS
14- Reboot recovery and use DualBootUtilities to back to MIUI, set your pin and Fingerprint

Can I follow same steps but instead of sailfish os use AOSP extended pie rom?
I have MIUI 10.2.3.0 stable rom

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

Screenshot_2017_05_21_10_25_15.png

Its giving error when i am flashing zip in TWRP:crying:

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

I installed on data slot but now its not booting its vibrate for 3 times and then reboot. please help.. then i have to restore my data partition to boot again into primary rom

Error 1 shown because your data is not mounted and encrypted
To do so you have to wipe data (internal storage) from TWRP
After reboot data will be mounted.
Now flash zip you will be able to flash successfully.

cidxtc

Mar 31, 2016
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
I have Redmi note 4 (mido) with root via magisk
Current ROM is MIUI 10.2.3.0 Stable
Custom recovery is Red Wolf TWRP Recovery
I installed AOSP pie rom to data slot with miui as primary ROM
After reboot it booted into fastboot mode
Same happened with Pixel experience pie rom.
Please help me

Procedure I followed (primary ROM is MIUI)
1. Installed dualbootpatcher.apk
2. Set kernel for primary ROM from popup
3. Update ramdisk of primary ROM
4. Install bootui
5. Patched AOSP and pixel experience
6. Flashed AOSP zip via app and updated its ramdisk
7. Switched ROM
8. Reboot . Booted into fastboot
9. Went to recovery deleted ramdisk.img from AOSP folder from multiboot
10. Reboot to system
11. Switched ROM to primary from bootui TWRP
Wiped AOSP ROM from app
12. Flashed pixel patch zip from app
13. Reboot. Booted to fastboot
14. Went to recovery -> reboot to system
15. Switched ROM from bootui
Wiped pixel ROM app

Please help me

One more thing if it helps
Earlier I flashed pixel experience ROM but faced battery issues so switched to RR ROM. Didn't liked RR ROM so switched to AOSP (rooted it via magisk). Then I found out that I couldn't install mi app Store so switched back to miui ROM
Somehow miui China ROM was flashed and I couldn't change region. So followed region fix from here

https://rsmtipstricks.blogspot.com/2017/08/how-to-fix-region-issue.html

After switching back to primary ROM from bootui
That region fix files were deleted from cust folder.

Please help me.

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

Can I follow same steps but instead of sailfish os use AOSP extended pie rom?
I have MIUI 10.2.3.0 stable rom

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

Error 1 shown because your data is not mounted and encrypted
To do so you have to wipe data (internal storage) from TWRP
After reboot data will be mounted.
Now flash zip you will be able to flash successfully.

There are limitations to the mido dualbootpatcher your primary rom can only be certain android versions and/or miui and same for secondary. I have not used this for some time now so cant give specifics (but they are in this thread). I am pretty sure newer android versions have to be primary. Also think that treble roms wont work. If you flashed a treble rom then /cust will be deleted because that is used as /vendor for treble roms to work. To restore /cust then you either need to have a backup of use a fastboot rom and fastboot to restore /cust.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

DUAL BOOT PATCHER

DualBootPatcher is an open-source app that allows multiple ROMs to be installed on a single Android device. It does its best to work with existing code and does not require explicit support from ROMs. This will allow any number of ROMs to be installed at the same time. It works by patching the secondary ROM's installation scripts and boot image to load the ROM files from an alternate location (/system/multiboot, /cache/multiboot, and /data/multiboot). Because of the way this is implemented, no changes to the primary ROM are necessary

How to use the patcher

Android

Download the patcher apk and run it. Tap "Patch Zip File" from the navigation drawer and choose the file you want to patch.

Windows (GUI)

Double click DualBootPatcher.exe and choose the file you want to patch.

--------

After patching the zip file, a new file, like some_rom_data-slot.zip file will be created. For example,

AospExtended-4.2-mido.zip

After patching would create a new
    AospExtended-4.2-mido_data-slot.zip

Instructions for dual booting

Before doing anything, download the Dual Boot Patcher.apk from the download section below.

The patcher offers several locations for installing ROMs:

• Primary: This is normally used for installing a zip to the primary ROM. It is not required, but is strongly recommended because it has code to prevent the zip from inadvertently affecting other ROMs.
    • Secondary: Secondary is the first multiboot installation location. It installs to the system partition. This is a good spot for installing a second ROM because it doesn't take any space away from the internal storage.
    • Multi-slots: There are 3 multislots: multi-slot-1, multi-slot-2, multi-slot-3. These install to the cache partition. This is specifically for devices, like the Galaxy S4, that have a massive cache partition.
    • Data-slots: There can be an unlimited number of data slots. These install to the data partition and eat up space on the internal storage. This is useful for devices where the system partition is nearly full and the cache partition is tiny. These slots are named "data-slot-[id]", where "id" is something you provide in the app.
    • Extsd-slots: There can be an unlimited number of extsd slots. These install to the external SD card, which is useful as it keeps the ROMs off of the internal storage. Note that the ROM's data files are still stored on the data partition.

With that said, let's get to the "how to"!

1. First, boot into your primary ROM and install the Dual Boot Patcher app
    2. Open the app and go to "Roms" in the navigation drawer. It will ask if you want to set the kernel. Make sure that you do.
    3. Go to "Patch zip file" in the navigation drawer and patch the ROM or zip you want to install. You can select one of the installation locations described above.

There are two ways of flashing the patched zip file. You can either flash it normally from recovery or flash it using the in-app flashing feature. Both methods are explained below.

Flashing from recovery

To flash from recovery, just flash the patched zip file like you would for any other zip. Nice and simple.

In-app flashing

To use in-app flashing, go to "Roms" in the navigation drawer, tap the floating button on the bottom right, and add the zips you want to install. You can queue multiple zips and they will all be flashed in one go. Once you've added all the zips you want to flash, click the check mark in the action bar and they will be flashed right away.

A normal backup from recovery will backup every ROM. If you would like to back up ROMs individually you can do it using the app.

How do I...?

Switch the ROM if something doesn't work properly?
    You can flash the DualBootUtilities zip from recovery. It will provide a menu interface that allows switching to the various ROMs.

If you have TWRP, you can also switch manually by tapping Install -> Images (bottom right) -> Go to /sdcard/MultiBoot/[Your ROM]/ -> flash boot.img.​

Wipe /cache, /data, /system, or dalvik-cache?

The easiest way is to do it from the app while booted in another ROM. Just go to "Roms" in the navigation drawer, tap the 3 dots options menu for the ROM you want to wipe, and tap "Wipe ROM".

NOTE: Don't use the recovery's built-in wiping abilities as that may delete non-primary ROMs!​

Update the primary ROM?

Patch the zip for primary and flash it. The "primary" installation target is designed so that other ROMs won't be affected when you want to flash something for the primary ROM.​

Update a non-primary ROM?

Patch and flash the zip exactly like how you did it the first time.​

Flash a mod or custom kernel for the primary ROM?

Patch it for primary before flashing. If the zip does not wipe /cache, it is also safe to flash it directly.​

Flash a mod or custom kernel for a non-primary ROM?

Just patch and flash it :)

YouTube Tutorial:https://youtu.be/T44ifBaHAWs

Note:
    • You must always select 'Data-slots' as installation location for secondary roms on Redmi Note 4x. You can also use 'Extsd-slots' if you want to install on external storage.
    • If your using MIUI (Multirom, Xiaomi.eu, etc), you may need to enable documents app by going to Settings> Installed Apps before trying to patch any file in DBP.
    • Don't use official MIUI as primary rom.
    • If you're not able to boot, your phone vibrates 5 times and then reboot to TWRP after installing secondary rom, it might be that your data partition is encrypted. To fix this follow the instructions below:
      First backup all your data including Internal Storage, then boot to TWRP>WIPE>FOMATE DATA then type 'yes' and tap enter. Now reboot and retry DBP.​
    • App sharing not working.

Source/Credits:
    https://dbp.noobdev.io

DOWNLOADS

~ Hit Thanks:good: button below if I helped you ~​
    i flash two rom,when into the primary rom, the system show the password was wrong
    Boot to twrp and open filemanger, go to data>system and remove .key file(what ever you have used ex: pattern.key, password.key , etc)
    One should not use any type of security lock on pimary rom.
    Which version of dual boot patcher are you guys using ?? The app fcs and stops whenever i got to the ROMs tab :(
    Same here. And I downloaded the latest version from the site itself..
    PS all those getting error while selecting rom section in the app . install 25 June 9.2.0 r199 build . Had to install each and every app until this.

SailfishOS as Secundary.

Use twrp-3.2.2-0-mido

2- Format Data
    6- Reboot

Another Experience sharing with Redmi Note 4 ( 4x )Snapdragon dual boot

Dual Boot MIUI miui mido 8.2.10.0, Marhmallow 6.0 (at primary) and Lineage OS 15.0 Unofficila Oreo 8.0 (at Data) on Redmi Note 4 Indian version , Snapdragon 4GB , 64MB (=Redmi Note 4x Mido

Experience sharing:

Working configuration

Prerequisite:
    a) Redmi Note 4 Indian (snapdragon) = Redmi note 4x with MIUI 8x or 9x or 10x with unlocked bootloader
    b) Latest TWRP installed from fastboot
    c) First backup all your data including Internal Storage, then boot to TWRP>WIPE>FOMATE DATA then type 'yes' and tap enter it . you (may ) need to reboot to recovery and the redo above i.e. TWRP>WIPE>FOMATE DATA then type 'yes' and tap enter it .
    d )TWRP>WIPE>ADVANCE WIPE > select all except external sd >ok

Procedure Followed:

1) just after above step d) without any reboot , Installed (from TWRP) lineage-15.0-20171008-MOD-mido.zip
    downloaded from
    https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=745849072291679534
    2) Installed (from TWRP) magisk 16.7 or above
    3) Installed (from TWRP) lazyflasher-no-verity-opt-encrypt
    4) Rebooted to system (it will take time)
    5) Installed the latest Dual Boot Patcher ( DBP) downloaded from
    https://dbp.noobdev.io/
    (Go to Settings ==>Installed apps==>All==>Documents==>Enable (incase of MIUI 7.x or MIUI8.x )

Caution on DBP versions :Always latest may not work on old phones / OSes e.g. DualBootPatcherAndroid-9.3.0.r866.g9227f348 is able to produce flashable.zip but not by v9.3.0.r888 or v9.3.0.r912 or v9.3.0.r936 or v9.3.0.r944 or v9.3.0.r952 from the following ROM files. However, Version 9.3.0.r866 was hanging while switching from primary to data-slot at Boot UI(it needs press and hold of power button or wait for 90 sec to restart, where as BootUI by 9.3.0.r944 or 9.3.0.r952 is OK when Data-slot ROM is established by them and the best is DBP version 9.3.0.r463 at least for the following ROMs

6. Open DBP app and click on ROMs and grant it a root access.
    7. Click yes to update the "Primary Kernel"
    8. Go to "Patch Zip File"
    9. Click on "Add flashable zip"
    10) Choose the required ROM xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote4X_8.12.20_v10-7.0.zip as data-slot
    downloaded from
    https://excellmedia.dl.sourceforge..../xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote4X_8.12.20_v10-7.0.zip
    (xiaomi.eu can be installed at Data-slot , where as MIUI 8.x, 9.x, 10.x worked only as Primary)
    11. Click "OPEN
    12. Under partition configuration choose "Data slot”
    13. Enter and ID as "euMIUI463" (or any other name! this I have coined to indicate ROM and DBP versions)
    14. Click on "Continue"
    15. Click on "SAVE"
    16. Click on "Right Mark" to patch the zip file
    17. Wait till the operation to finish
    18. Go to "ROMs"
    19. Click on "Add patched file" to flash it
    20. Click on "Keep the current location"
    21. Flash and wait till the operation to finish
    22. Go to "ROMs" to make sure that the new second ROM is added
    23. Now close the app and re-open it for refreshing
    24. Adding the "Gapps Package"
    25. Go to "Patch Zip File"
    26. Click on "Add flashable zip"
    27. Choose the “open_gapps-arm64-8.0-nano-20181229.zip”
    28. Click "OPEN"
    29. Check and select Data slot , make sure that the ID in step 10 "euMIUI463"
    30. Repeat the steps from 11 to 18
    31. Reboot
    32. Install the DBP again
    33. Choose the primary ROM and reboot
    34. To install boot ui==>Go to settings==>click on install boot ui (it will give you option to boot to which rom on every reboot)(This step is optional)(in order to use 'boot ui' update ramsdisk of both rom)

The Utilities ZIP is a flashable zip in the recovery which is based on AROMA installer which provides basic dual boot system modification tools like changing the current boot ROM or wiping a ROM etc. It is very useful when your device is in boot loop or you want to change your boot ROM using the recovery.

Observation:
    1) BootUI with DBP version 9.3.0.r463 is fully working. However other versions may freeze , if ROM switching is involved [needs pressing the power button till restarts (for approx 12 seconds) and release ] or wait for 90 seconds.
    2) if any flashing is required from TWRP after above process (step 1 to 34) , the file is to be patched first as primary (if flashing is required on primary ROM) or Data Slot with Same ID (above e.g. euMIUI463 ) (if flashing is required on data slot ROM), otherwise we may lose root and BootUI
    3) After above process (step 1 to 34), If we format (TWRP>Wipe> Format>yes> swipe to wipe)we will lose ROM on data slot
    4) After above process (step 1 to 34)If we wipe cache (TWRP>Wipe> Advanced wipe > Cache> swipe to wipe ), we will loose BootUI.
    5) After above process (step 1 to 34)If we wipe Dalvik/ART cache (TWRP>Wipe> Advanced wipe >select Dalvik/ART cache > swipe to wipe ), we will not loose BootUI

Other ROMs

1. MULTIPRO_MIUI9_8.3.1_MIDO_7.0.zip worked as primary but not as as data-slot
    2. MULTIPRO_MIUI8_7.4.6_MIDO_6.0.zip worked as data-slot / primary (black screen takes long before boot animation, but it is pre rooted)
    3. xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote4X_8.12.20_v10-7.0.zip worked as data-slot / primary

4. AOSP Extended 5.8 (Android 8.1.0 but old build) at primary & LOS15.0 (Android 8.0) at Data-Slot, but LOS can be switched from AOSP Extended 5.8 (old build) to LOS15.0 but not reverse. However AOSP Extended can be optained by rebooting to recovery and installing DualBootUtilities-9.3.0.r866.zip and switching to primary (BootUI is not compatible, it triggers Bootloader)

or mido_global_images_V10.1.1.0.NCFMIFI_20181029.0000.00_7.0_global possibility under exploration (prerequisite step –c to be followed , work as primary only)

advantages
    1) Auto boot on charger working on both [by modifying init.rc of boot.img (as experience shared by me or others at somewhere else), it works even after unrooting]
    [But if BootUI is installed, primary may not be able to Auto Boot Charge untill init.rc of the additional boot image placed by dual boot patcher at \Internal shared storage\MultiBoot\primary is modified ]

2) Battery charge limit upper and lower limits are working with selecting charging_enabled (universal) but after installation of some apps, lower limit may not effective,but if lower limit is needed, mcs2018.8.8.zip with charger switch apk (GUI) (now renamed to ACC 2018.12.10 may used but it is not compatible with above apk .

I am using acc with the following configuration capacity=4,101,30-60 #<shutdown,coolDown,resume-pause>
    It will shutdown at 4% , it will continually charge because of 101 to next defined level , minimum resume level is 30% and charging stops at 60% .
    However minimum level will reset, if we restart the phone.

Note: if charger is connected while the phone is at shut-down level or lower , it will not shutdown . Hence this configuration is useful when phone is shutdown due to low battery level and we connect it to charger and forgot to on the phone, as it it will on the phone in auto when combined with Auto Boot on Charge)

3) Aptx working (however it is to be enabled by flashing aptx enabler ( as experience shared by me or others at somewhere else), once enabled it works after unrooting also)

4) ZaZa remote works for learned signals LG TV and Onkyo receiver etc but Airtel will not work, Mi Remote to be installed for airtel.

5) One Rooted OS (flexible )in regular use, further if any problem is faced with financial apps, it can be switched to Data Slot (non rooted)

6) BootUI for duel booting

But all TWRP flashable files are to be patched with suitable options with DBP before flashing.

Addnl info: The following camera apps are installed to supplement basic camera of
    LOS 15
    1) OnePlus port downloaded from

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8CVLsJGOgyTRVNWVS1BQTFkaVU/view?usp=drivesdk

2) Manual camera (it has auto also) downloaded from
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8...WJROTNxQ0NXVzQ

Topic:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/re...-plus-5-camera-port-redmi-note-4-7-0-t3656125
    Both cameras are working with most of options enabled on Lineage OS 15 (installed over MIUI 10 mido firmware )

OnePlus port appears to be superior over Manual camera

3) Bacon camera works on euMIUI463 in full manual mode as default app does not have manual aperture.

Caution on camera flashable zip mods: Do not flash MIUI Camera …Mods…zip especially from TWRP as they may not work on Samsung sensor and if we flash uninstaller to remove them, phone may not boot. Even we cannot delete their files from location, we have to reflash the ROM.

Caution on upgrading DBP: latest version may not be suitable always as DBP is common to many phones and OS versions. It may be better not to update DBP, when present version is working satisfactorily. DBP version 9.3.0.r463 is stable for this phone and OS

Nandroid Backup and Restoration

CAUTION on Backup and restore: any data on internal drive like photos, messages etc or even Data or settings or configurations of apps, if they are saving just on visible area of internal drive (which is visible to user without root ) will be lost.

A) Backup
    1) Wipe out other ROMs if already installed since they will not work but occupy space.
    (Dual Boot Patcher >Options(3 horizontal lines at RHS top) > ROMs >Options of ROM to be wiped (3 vertical dots)>Wipe ROM > select all like System, Cache, Data, Dalvik Cache and MultiBoot files > OK)
    2) Install all general android applications optionally (e.g. addnl camera , WPS Office, Cam scanner, Repligo reader, Translate, Maps, Light flow, Call recorder, User dictionary Plus, etc) which do not update very frequently (generally non financial) and open them to check functionality.
    3) Boot to Recovery (TWRP)
    4) Backup > select System, Vendor, Data, Cache, Boot and Persist
    Select storage at MicroSD or USB OTG
    (it may be around 4GB based no apps installed for LOS15.0)
    It may take around 500 seconds
    5) Boot to system
    6) Now install ROMs e.g. Data-slot ROM
    (Dual Boot Patcher >Options(3 horizontal lines at RHS top) > ROMs > in App Flashing > +>Add patched file>select patched ROM>……….as described above
    7) Now Reboot to Data-Slot ROM
    8) Install all general android applications optionally (e.g. addnl camera etc) DND, which do not update very frequently (generally non financial) and open them to check functionality.
    9) Reboot Back to Primary ROM
    10) Back up Data-slot ROM
    (Dual Boot Patcher >Options(3 horizontal lines at RHS top) > settings > Change Backup directory > Browse to your favorite folder generally on External MicroSD

Dual Boot Patcher >Options(3 horizontal lines at RHS top) > ROMs >Options of ROM to be Backed up (3 vertical dots)>Backup ROM > select all like System, Cache, Data, Dalvik Cache and MultiBoot files > OK)
    It takes some time.

B) Restoration
    1) Boot to TWRP Recovery
    2) Touch on Restore > select Back up > swipe to restore
    (Select System, Vendor, Data, Cache, Boot and Persist) it may take 180 seconds
    3) Boot to system
    Cancel at Dual Boot Patcher Boot UI>Switch ROM> Primary (it may be default )
    4) ROM restore from Dual Boot Patcher
    (Dual Boot Patcher >Options(3 horizontal lines at RHS top) > ROMs > in App Flashing > +>Add backup>select backup file (if it says no back up file , go to settings and select backup location) >ok> select all like System, Cache, Data, Dalvik Cache and MultiBoot files > select Data Slot (to be selected suitably based on what is backed up) >enter an id (I have entered eumiui463) >OK>touch on Tick of Restore Backup)
    5) update ramdrive
    ( Dual Boot Patcher >Options(3 horizontal lines at RHS top) > ROMs >Options of ROM whose ramdrive to be updated (3 vertical dots)> touch Update ramdrive,
    6) check by rebooting each ROM after getting successful ramdrive updation.

It is only experience sharing , hence no credit or responsibility.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone