Official English version of MIREN browser (aka. Charming browser, MIUI browser)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

x3202

May 29, 2010
Finished German strings :)

Attachments

• MiRen_Browser_Strings_German.zip
    9.8 KB · Views: 34

wxrjack

Nov 6, 2010
Thanks for putting my translated strings in the browser. Which locale does it need to have to see the translated version?

I've tested it on my brothers' HTC Desire with MIUI and locale set to nl_NL, but it's still in English.

We will put all language pack we get into next week release (target at next Wed.) Chinese/English is the only language for now.

JeepFreak

May 17, 2008
Google Pixel 4a 5G
I'm really excited about this browser!

One thing I've noticed that might be a bug, whenever I click on telephone number links, like in Google search results, I get a "tel:916-555-1212 - Web page not available" error page.

Anybody else getting this?

Thanks,
Billy

wxrjack

Nov 6, 2010
Can you give us exact step to reproduce the error?

I'm really excited about this browser!

One thing I've noticed that might be a bug, whenever I click on telephone number links, like in Google search results, I get a "tel:916-555-1212 - Web page not available" error page.

Anybody else getting this?

Thanks,
Billy

wxrjack

Nov 6, 2010
Latest update on language package we received so far.

Thanks again for the great support!!! You guys are awesome!!! We will give credit to the contributors in different language editions

Spanish: fridlack
Dutch: Kees Kluskens
French: RESCOFFI4
German x3202
Hungarian sempi601
Polish pl_laszlo

Just_s

May 6, 2010
Denver/Albuquerque
Yet another browser from China :)

If you have read any of my posts here or at the MIUI forums, you'll know that I am pretty high on the Miren browser. I think they did a stand up job creating this thing and it will only get better. Up until yesterday, I felt like this was the best mobile browser I had used. Then I found the UC Mobile Browser. Now, I will be ditching DolphinHD and Opera and keeping Miren and UC.

Check out my post here on UC. It is worth a look. Options drive competition which drives development! :)

Edit: Thanks to jpyounis1 for figuring out the pinch-to-zoom settings and making UC and Miren my "go to" browsers. It will be a nice competition to see if one or the emerges superior.

PS Sorry if I jacked your post wxrjack. If it bothers you let me know and I'll delete my post here. Just providing options, not trying to steer anyone toward one or the other.

Last edited:

00McD00

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 20, 2010
Iowa
www.alwaysandroid.org
This browser is great, really fast and good looking UI. I'm not sure if it has been mentioned on here or not, but one feature that I would really like to see in a future update would be the ability to search for text in web pages. Opera has this and it made life much easier sometimes. Other than that, this is by far the best browser available.

wxrjack

Nov 6, 2010
If you have read any of my posts here or at the MIUI forums, you'll know that I am pretty high on the Miren browser. I think they did a stand up job creating this thing and it will only get better. Up until yesterday, I felt like this was the best mobile browser I had used. Then I discovered the UC Mobile Browser. Now, I will be ditching DolphinHD and Opera and keeping Miren and UC.

Check out my post here on UC. It is worth a look. Options drive competition which drives development! :)

Edit: Thanks to jpyounis1 for figuring out the pinch-to-zoom settings and making this my "go to" browser along with Miren. It will be a nice competition to see if one or the emerges superior.

To enable pinch to zoom change user agent to "web ua" then browse mode to "zoom mode" and ur done. Now you have full pages with intelligent fit.

PS Sorry if I jacked your post wxrjack. If it bothers you let me know and I'll delete my post here. Just providing options, not trying to steer anyone away from one or the other.

Not at all. Any feedback will be welcome at any time. Thanks so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks for all the interest and comments! Esp. thanks jpsiemer for the translation and introduce our browser to XDA community.

We just added official English language support in our browser.

- English translation
    - Adjustment of Top sites
    - Remove certain feature not ready for English version
    - Add user agent support (in Settings->Advanced->Web page)

PLEASE UNINSTALL OLD VERSION BEFORE INSTALL THIS BROWSER.

Keep your comments coming. Also, if you are willing to help us translate to other languages. See attached xml file.

We will try to address issues you find before put it into Google market.

Thanks all!!! Have fun!!!

Language package available now. Thanks!!! Please help us on other languages!!!

Spanish: fridlack
    Dutch: Kees Kluskens
    French: RESCOFFI4
    German x3202
    Hungarian sempi601
    Polish pl_laszlo
    Anyway, I see the button to add RSS feeds but is there anyway to remove RSS feeds?

Yes you can, just enter the rss feed that you want to remove and then tap the orange rss icon in top right of the window. It will become transparent, and that feed will be removed.
    Thank you. Will take it for a test drive :D

/CK
    Yay!! great work m8! i will send you the spanish translation as soon as i get it

Thanks so much for your support!

Best regards!
    This might sound dumb, but I'm new to all of this. Am I suppose to flash this or install it as an app?