General Official Google Assistant For GW4 Available

Search This thread

CKavanagh

Apr 8, 2022
Do you use your phone in english, it's not showing for me.
No. I was able to set it up successfully at first attempt. I do, however, have intermittent disconnect issues and message states my watch is offline. Umm no, it is not! LOL! I have to go into GA in Galaxy Wearable and force stop, then select open for it to reopen on my watch. It will work again. But if I use GA on phone, it will only work on the phone until I again force close and reopen on watch. I am still testing exact parameters and sequence of issue.

Maxrunner

Aug 4, 2010
Just removed and installed the assitant only with english and still getting the same message when i say hey google. it works with the button but not with voice call. i get the same message i've posted earlier.

73sydney

I want to get rid of this Big Brother crap. Now it's impossible or what?

please collect your tinfoil hat from the gift shop as you leave

doing anything on any modern device comes with a loss of some privacy, depending on how you use it (most people misuse them, vomiting all they do out on the web)

if you dont like it, dont install it - its optional...simples

Reactions: TheIntruder

73sydney

Do not forget that he should also unplug Internet connector :D

there was ROM for my old Pixel 2XL, made by a tinfoil hat type, whose pages listed ways to "avoid big brother", including advice to:

- wear baseball caps everywhere to avoid cameras

and my personal favourite ive ever heard from these tinfoilists:

- when not in use, keep your mobile in a faraday bag

*sigh*

found it:

Last edited:
please collect your tinfoil hat from the gift shop as you leave

doing anything on any modern device comes with a loss of some privacy, depending on how you use it (most people misuse them, vomiting all they do out on the web)

if you dont like it, dont install it - its optional...simples
I don't need a KGB spy that makes people dumber. I don't even see the point of using these useless gadgets. I don't have it on my phone, I don't see why I should have it on my watch that has less storage and less battery.
This is not optional AT ALL, this is pushed through a playstore "update" (which means it was already there in the "firmware"), so I'll have to bother updating other things manually just to prevent this gaga to install. I want a permanent solution, why is it not possible to "hide" apps like on Android?

73sydney

I don't need a KGB spy that makes people dumber. I don't even see the point of using these useless gadgets. I don't have it on my phone, I don't see why I should have it on my watch that has less storage and less battery.
This is not optional AT ALL, this is pushed through a playstore "update" (which means it was already there in the "firmware"), so I'll have to bother updating other things manually just to prevent this gaga to install. I want a permanent solution, why is it not possible to "hide" apps like on Android?

So you dont intend to use it....

So why are you here?

Also as already pointed out its optional, people are actively using workarounds to just try and get it, thats how "pervasive it is"

*sigh*

If you just want to have a tinfoil hat whine, please do it elsewhere, we're not interested in diatribes...

You can disable the Assistant App through Samsung Wear app on phone...

Reactions: cylgalad

SkewedZeppelin

Mar 19, 2021
divested.dev
there was ROM for my old Pixel 2XL, made by a tinfoil hat type, whose pages listed ways to "avoid big brother", including advice to:

*sigh*

found it:

Put the quote in context please, DivestOS is *not* for tinfoil hats, it is pretty insecure for such a threat model given that it aims to provide support for END OF LIFE devices.
Maybe you can keep reading the site and find actual benefit from it, because there are ZERO other projects providing the level of security I am to the Pixel 2.

73sydney

Put the quote in context please, DivestOS is *not* for tinfoil hats, it is pretty insecure for such a threat model given that it aims to provide support for END OF LIFE devices.
Maybe you can keep reading the site and find actual benefit from it, because there are ZERO other projects providing the level of security I am to the Pixel 2.

There are plenty of other options that dont talk about farady bags

lil_kujo

Oct 29, 2015
OnePlus 7T
Xiaomi Mi 11
Working great, I can't believe they brought it to the watch4 after it was unknown if they would. It works extremely well even asking you where should she answer the questions either on the watch or phone.

Reactions: galaxys

Maxrunner

Aug 4, 2010
Cant seem to make it work, did a reset and now its worse , the message "still setting up "hey google" now comes in the middle of the answers when using the button.....:S

Reactions: rwanania

votemxlplx

Jan 11, 2021
Update your Galaxy Wear app and then go to Play Store on your GW4. Select My Apps and update Assistant. Then go to Watch Settings and set your default assistant app to Google Assistant. Thennnnn, you'll find the GA icon as a launchable app or you can set your press and hold button to Google Assistant to launch it that way and begin activation. Activation requires connection between your watch and phone to link GA. Activation will ask if you want to use personal results and voice match on your watch. Done.

GA can be launched using voice or hardware keys.
You can also launch GA with loose variants of Hey Google; I use hey boo boo. Easier to say, crowd pleaser.

Reactions: bingblop
So you dont intend to use it....

So why are you here?

Also as already pointed out it's optional, people are actively using workarounds to just try and get it, thats how "pervasive it is"

*sigh*

If you just want to have a tinfoil hat whine, please do it elsewhere, we're not interested in diatribes...
Enough with your stupid tinfoil hat idiocy. If you can't stand that not everybody supports Big Brother, that's your problem, not mine.
It's NOT optional. Again, it's baked in the firmware and activated through a playstore update.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Weather questions have been working fine for me.
    Weird, thanks for checking
    Woah that's wild. Delete the extra assistant that you downloaded for your phone. The GA you downloaded off playstore is no different than the one that comes installed and is a system app. You only want the system app assistant and it can't be Uninstalled. So delete whatever GA can be Uninstalled and try again.

The reason you have to link the GA on your watch and the GA on your phone is because they're technically separate apps. The GA on the play store is the wrong app. It's super confusing I know.
    Can confirm linking to Wear OS worked. I was able to avoid a watch reset. My watch unpaired itself from the Samsung App so I had nothing to lose. I ran the ADB command that removes the GMS and it ended up pairing to my phone without reset.

The Wear OS by google app, not Samsung.
    Under Watch Settings > Privacy > Customization Service
    Wow, I don't have it there. Only permission manager
    Same here on my Galaxy Watch 4 LTE...
    Same here too, missing
    Update your Galaxy Wear app and then go to Play Store on your GW4. Select My Apps and update Assistant. Then go to Watch Settings and set your default assistant app to Google Assistant. Thennnnn, you'll find the GA icon as a launchable app or you can set your press and hold button to Google Assistant to launch it that way and begin activation. Activation requires connection between your watch and phone to link GA. Activation will ask if you want to use personal results and voice match on your watch. Done.

GA can be launched using voice or hardware keys. To customize GA settings, Go into watch settings or Wear app on phone. Look for the Google settings (it has its own submenu) where your Google account info is located. There's a new setting available for GA there to customize Hey Google and other GA specific settings.

Turning off Hey Google significantly reduced battery drain I noticed. With the GW4, one day of battery life is the best we can hope for and that's not including sleep. If you want to make it throughout the day, you can have either Health sensors going off continuously or Hey Google on. Not both or you'll never make it. If you want to make it a whole day, including overnight, disable both.

Other battery saving tips:
    -Turn off "Improve Accuracy" under watch location settings. It's worthless and burns battery.
    -Turn off frequent syncing for samsung health steps data. Tap on steps on your phone. Tap 3 dots in top right corner. You'll see frequent syncing. Unless you actively track your steps religiously, this is an unnecessary battery burner. The level of accuracy you get without it is fine for most people.
    -Turn off notifications on watch you don't care about. Every time a notification from your phone turns on your watch screen, you're burning battery. Indicidual Notifications can be turned off just for watch.
    -Turn NFC off until you're ready to use it. The Google or Samsung Pay app will prompt you to turn it on so why leave it on all the time?
    -If you don't actively use your tiles, get rid of them. Unnecessary battery burners.
    -Make sure you limit location permissions. Very few Apps actually need location "All The Time".
    -Turn off background app usage from Wear App on Phone.
    -Make sure Mobile Network and WiFi are set to automatic. Biggest way to burn through those charges is with a mobile network you're not using actively.
    -Turn on Mobile Battery Saver in Developer Options.
    -Unless you actually use the quick launch gesture, turn it off.
    -Turn off Customization Service. Another worthless Samsung Spyware Tracker that offers nothing of value other than selling your personal information for ad relevance.
    Update your wear app and then go to play store on your GW4. Select My Apps and update Assistant. Then go to Watch Settings and set your default assistant app to Google Assistant. Thennnnn, you'll find the GA icon as a launchable app. Launch it to activate assistant. Thats it! Enjoy.
    you may wanna change that to "general" or even a "how to"
    Anyone else have this issue with GA on the Watch 4:

My watch is connected to my phone. My phone is bluetooth hooked to my car and my watch. if i ask my watch to "Next song" in the car, the watch says it does not play anything or "i cant play anything on this device".
    The same issue when i'm connected to a bluetooth speaker and try to next song with my watch.
    Im running a bluetooth one 40 mm with spotify on the watch and on my phone.
    Do not forget that he should also unplug Internet connector :D

*sigh*

found it:

Same here on my Galaxy Watch 4 LTE...
    Same here too, missing