General Official Google Assistant For GW4 Available

Search This thread

73sydney

Enough with your stupid tinfoil hat idiocy. If you can't stand that not everybody supports Big Brother, that's your problem, not mine.
It's NOT optional. Again, it's baked in the firmware and activated through a playstore update.

Optional, as pointed out, people are using workarounds to get the Assistant, and its toggleable even if you choose to install it

You're off on other tangents that no one cares about and are off topic in this thread

Stop the big brother nonsense, now, please, no one is interested

Kleerkastje

May 5, 2021
Anyone else have this issue with GA on the Watch 4:

My watch is connected to my phone. My phone is bluetooth hooked to my car and my watch. if i ask my watch to "Next song" in the car, the watch says it does not play anything or "i cant play anything on this device".
The same issue when i'm connected to a bluetooth speaker and try to next song with my watch.
Im running a bluetooth one 40 mm with spotify on the watch and on my phone.

I just got google assistant on my watch yesterday, but I Can't use it while I'm connected to my phone via Bluetooth. I have a galaxy watch 4 classic (the one without LTE); when I'm connected via Bluetooth It doesn't stay connected to WiFi and google assistant does not work. It starts working after turning Bluetooth off. I think It's because remote connection activates and WiFi is forcibly turned on and connected. I don't turn WiFi Off on my watch, It just says WiFi will get connected when needed, and it does not work most of the times. I've had this problem with other apps as well, especially with side-loaded apps.

Reactions: galaxys
Thanks, I never use the wear app, I don't know why it's not doable directly on the watch, and it's not exactly like "uninstalling" it.
It is doable from watch. In watch settings, scroll down to you see the Google Icon (Where your Google account info is). Tap it. Instead of just your account there, Google Assistant Settings are available there too. New with GA update obviously.

cavalloz

Jan 31, 2008
My Assistant on watch keeps resetting after 30-60 minutes.
The installation goes well and everything seems to work as it should but after some time (usually 30-60 minutes) when I open the Assistant on watch it needs a new installation, like it was the first time.
I tried English (US) and Italian languages. On my phone (s21 ultra) Assistant works like a charm.

Is your WiFi set to automatic? Even though your watch isnt LTE, you should still be able to use your phones data plan and network as long as it's connected to BT. Even on LTE versions, BT will override WiFi and LTE since it's the most battery efficient. If all else fails, turn off remote connection from within the Wear App on Phone. If its still doesn't work, try turning off WiFi. Also, make sure Mobile Battery Saver is turned on (Developer Options)

towser1972

Oct 1, 2015
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Very disappointed with the GW4 with GA experience so far. First time I installed it it worked, then nothing... Hit the button, say a phrase, then get "go ahead I'm listening" prompt and nothing happens. I've reset the GW4 and done a fresh install of GA before anything else, but it's just not working for me. 😞

Any ideas?

Maxrunner

Aug 4, 2010
Is your WiFi set to automatic? Even though your watch isnt LTE, you should still be able to use your phones data plan and network as long as it's connected to BT. Even on LTE versions, BT will override WiFi and LTE since it's the most battery efficient. If all else fails, turn off remote connection from within the Wear App on Phone. If its still doesn't work, try turning off WiFi. Also, make sure Mobile Battery Saver is turned on (Developer Options)
how do you set to automatic?
Edit: seems that is for LTE versions.

Last edited:

motisu

Apr 2, 2006
how do you set to automatic?
Edit: seems that is for LTE versions.
I have a watch 4 without LTE and under settings connectivity, you can turn WiFi on or off. AFAIK, there is no control for automatic, it is set on automatic on/off all the time. If there is a BT connection, the WiFi turns off automatically. It also turns on automatically if an app or the system requests it (for updates etc)

Maxrunner

Aug 4, 2010
I have a watch 4 without LTE and under settings connectivity, you can turn WiFi on or off. AFAIK, there is no control for automatic, it is set on automatic on/off all the time. If there is a BT connection, the WiFi turns off automatically. It also turns on automatically if an app or the system requests it (for updates etc)
Exactly, this doesnt solve my problem. i think mine more complicated quite frankly, might have to do with the phone being a realme GT 5G.

This guy is right, my bad. It's mobile network that is automatic. HOWEVER, in Developer Options there's an option to "Turn off automatic wifi". Enabling that will make it so watch WiFi requires manual input because it's automatic by default since it'd eat through your battery if left on all the time.

omid_nr

Nov 17, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
i installed ( updated) assistant on my watch but when i try to activate it and i hit Open on phone to activate my phones open a link on Chrome that says Invalid Dynamic Link and i cant connect and i dont know how to manually do in it my phone google assistant anyone can help ?

i installed ( updated) assistant on my watch but when i try to activate it and i hit Open on phone to activate my phones open a link on Chrome that says Invalid Dynamic Link and i cant connect and i dont know how to manually do in it my phone google assistant anyone can help ?
Try using a different browser. Change your default browser to Firefox or DuckDuckGo. Also, reset your app defaults where you select where you want to open the app. In Google Assistant info page, just look for defaults and reset them or change to open in app. The link shouldn't open in Chrome, it's a GA link that launches in directly in GA app. So your default setting under GA or Chrome is messing you up. I'd reset both GA and Chrome Defaults. Maybe Google too just in case. Next time you try to launch it should prompt you which app to open with.

Last edited:
Reactions: omid_nr

omid_nr

Nov 17, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Try using a different browser. Change your default browser to Firefox or DuckDuckGo. Also, reset your app defaults where you select where you want to open the app. In Google Assistant info page, just look for defaults and reset them or change to open in app. The link shouldn't open in Chrome, it's a GA link that launches in directly in GA app. So your default setting under GA or Chrome is messing you up. I'd reset both GA and Chrome Defaults. Maybe Google too just in case. Next time you try to launch it should prompt you which app to open with.
nice idea i did it but it only ask me to open in in a list of my browsers and i can choose any other and the this is the link : https://goo.gl/app/search/?link=https://assistant.google.com&apn=com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox&amv=301193933&al=googleapp://deeplink?data=CkwBDb3mGzBFAiBEjfXF_UP3ceBC2e8ZPEsbulAlJHkQLvh-OThexVX_0gIhAPC88za04aryx3BV-4UMwrK2YEDCFMG24w3mBXha8rekEm8KBgjR5s2PARIICOgFEgNvcGEaNRIzCAkSL_rxnKMJKQgBIh9jb20uZ29vZ2xlLmFuZHJvaWQud2VhcmFibGUuYXBwKAFAAVABIiQKImh0dHA6Ly9hc3Npc3RhbnQuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS9kZXZpY2U&assistant_device_id=DC%3ACC%3AE6%3A38%3A88%3A15&node_id=1339b046&_nr=1 and there is 2 kind of assistant on my phone which i believe 1 is only for wear os i have both installed on watch and phone but it seems it cannot open the app directly when i open in in watch

photo_2022-06-03_16-12-44.jpg
photo_2022-06-03_16-12-50.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok. That's what I thought although having assistant and browser on the watch could easily lead to reading assistant search results entirely on the watch.
    Hope they make that available in an update.
    Update your Galaxy Wear app and then go to Play Store on your GW4. Select My Apps and update Assistant. Then go to Watch Settings and set your default assistant app to Google Assistant. Thennnnn, you'll find the GA icon as a launchable app or you can set your press and hold button to Google Assistant to launch it that way and begin activation. Activation requires connection between your watch and phone to link GA. Activation will ask if you want to use personal results and voice match on your watch. Done.

GA can be launched using voice or hardware keys. To customize GA settings, Go into watch settings or Wear app on phone. Look for the Google settings (it has its own submenu) where your Google account info is located. There's a new setting available for GA there to customize Hey Google and other GA specific settings.

Turning off Hey Google significantly reduced battery drain I noticed. With the GW4, one day of battery life is the best we can hope for and that's not including sleep. If you want to make it throughout the day, you can have either Health sensors going off continuously or Hey Google on. Not both or you'll never make it. If you want to make it a whole day, including overnight, disable both.

Other battery saving tips:
    -Turn off "Improve Accuracy" under watch location settings. It's worthless and burns battery.
    -Turn off frequent syncing for samsung health steps data. Tap on steps on your phone. Tap 3 dots in top right corner. You'll see frequent syncing. Unless you actively track your steps religiously, this is an unnecessary battery burner. The level of accuracy you get without it is fine for most people.
    -Turn off notifications on watch you don't care about. Every time a notification from your phone turns on your watch screen, you're burning battery. Indicidual Notifications can be turned off just for watch.
    -Turn NFC off until you're ready to use it. The Google or Samsung Pay app will prompt you to turn it on so why leave it on all the time?
    -If you don't actively use your tiles, get rid of them. Unnecessary battery burners.
    -Make sure you limit location permissions. Very few Apps actually need location "All The Time".
    -Turn off background app usage from Wear App on Phone.
    -Make sure Mobile Network and WiFi are set to automatic. Biggest way to burn through those charges is with a mobile network you're not using actively.
    -Turn on Mobile Battery Saver in Developer Options.
    -Unless you actually use the quick launch gesture, turn it off.
    -Turn off Customization Service. Another worthless Samsung Spyware Tracker that offers nothing of value other than selling your personal information for ad relevance.
    Update your wear app and then go to play store on your GW4. Select My Apps and update Assistant. Then go to Watch Settings and set your default assistant app to Google Assistant. Thennnnn, you'll find the GA icon as a launchable app. Launch it to activate assistant. Thats it! Enjoy.
    you may wanna change that to "general" or even a "how to"
    Anyone else have this issue with GA on the Watch 4:

My watch is connected to my phone. My phone is bluetooth hooked to my car and my watch. if i ask my watch to "Next song" in the car, the watch says it does not play anything or "i cant play anything on this device".
    The same issue when i'm connected to a bluetooth speaker and try to next song with my watch.
    Im running a bluetooth one 40 mm with spotify on the watch and on my phone.
    Ok. That's what I thought although having assistant and browser on the watch could easily lead to reading assistant search results entirely on the watch.
    Hope they make that available in an update.
    Some Google Assistant screenshots , on Watch 4 , for any forum member's information ,that does not have it installed or available and wants to see pic's
    Good luck