[OFFICIAL][GUIDE] Starting with Substratum! - Andromeda, Samsung, Pie & OMS!

Search This thread

Highfive223

Apr 16, 2020
Synergy is not play store

Hello so I was going to try this but I couldn't find synergy on the play store, I even tried to download from other sites too,the logo and name is the same but it downloads another app. Can you guys help me, at least sending me the appropriate link or the apk file via email([email protected])or telegram(@Hivefive223) I would really appreciate your help. Thanks

djdarkknight96

Recognized Themer
Nov 2, 2009
Springfield
www.designrifts.com
Hello so I was going to try this but I couldn't find synergy on the play store, I even tried to download from other sites too,the logo and name is the same but it downloads another app. Can you guys help me, at least sending me the appropriate link or the apk file via email([email protected])or telegram(@Hivefive223) I would really appreciate your help. Thanks

You're are asking for a paid app to be sent to you. That's against the rules here. You need a Samsung device to even find synergy in play. You cannot even use it unless purchased from play so that's pointless.

Highfive223

Apr 16, 2020
You're are asking for a paid app to be sent to you. That's against the rules here. You need a Samsung device to even find synergy in play. You cannot even use it unless purchased from play so that's pointless.
So what do you suggest I do, does it have a free version or alternative

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

I do have a Samsung phone

Last edited:

ggrant3876

• Jun 17, 2009
    Wichita Falls, Texas
    On One UI 2.1, have the updated substratum and synergy installed. Got the April security update 2-3 days ago and ever since when applying a theme, swift dark after the reboot it stops at 16% and I have to force a reboot to get back into the phone. I was under impression the swift themes were updated. Tried liv also with the same 16% and force a reboot. Are the themes not updated yet? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Anarchist77

djdarkknight96

Recognized Themer
    Nov 2, 2009
    Springfield
    www.designrifts.com
    On One UI 2.1, have the updated substratum and synergy installed. Got the April security update 2-3 days ago and ever since when applying a theme, swift dark after the reboot it stops at 16% and I have to force a reboot to get back into the phone. I was under impression the swift themes were updated. Tried liv also with the same 16% and force a reboot. Are the themes not updated yet? Thanks in advance.

Applying pink synergy High contrast theme WILL freeze then finish, DO NOT INTERRUPT IT, then reboot and finish normal procedures.

hi all,

substratum can work for Oneplus 8 pro without root? if yes, how?
    because i got that "could not fall back to rooted mode" erorr..
    No you need root

ggrant3876

• Jun 17, 2009
    Wichita Falls, Texas
    Applying pink synergy High contrast theme WILL freeze then finish, DO NOT INTERRUPT IT, then reboot and finish normal procedures.
    It's after the reboot when applying high contrast that it freezes. Are you saying we need two reboots now?
    Edit:
    I let it run and nothing was themed, deleted the high contrast, deleted all imported overlays and now I can't apply the default theme. Booted to recovery and deleted cache and now can apply the default theme.

Last edited:

djdarkknight96

Recognized Themer
    Nov 2, 2009
    Springfield
    www.designrifts.com
    It's after the reboot when applying high contrast that it freezes. Are you saying we need two reboots now?
    Edit:
    I let it run and nothing was themed, deleted the high contrast, deleted all imported overlays and now I can't apply the default theme. Booted to recovery and deleted cache and now can apply the default theme.

2 reboots always been procedure since Q but now all have to use ace mode as High Contrasts theme update broke old process.

This is from synergy telegram:

I have thoroughly tested this and I haven't had issues only thing is the long freeze other then that I have been applying overlays without issue. I suggest people having issues try clearing out all. Uninstall everything but themes "they don't matter here" Reboot then:

Install High contrasts theme from galaxy themes directly

Install synergy and lite

Set ACE MODE in synergy. Then build overlays in Lite.

Select "try it out" in Blue Synergy Galaxy theme

Select "Apply" in Pink Synergy Galaxy theme

If you can't get it working still then we need logs of the building in synergy. Use adb with matlog app or any way you know to get the log and upload it here.

scorpio76r

Jan 10, 2016
    All over like street lights
    Hi DJ
    Sprite won't work for me on one ui 2.0
    Do we have to buy sprite synergy too, in order for it to work?
    I don't know if this help you, I'm using sprite on two 6t's international converted with lastest oxygen and, a few other mods and, ninja mode from sprite works for me on the navigation bar. That is the only thing that I use sprite for.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200520-172045.jpg
      Screenshot_20200520-172045.jpg
      170.4 KB · Views: 181

djdarkknight96

Recognized Themer
    Nov 2, 2009
    Springfield
    www.designrifts.com
    Hi DJ
    Sprite won't work for me on one ui 2.0
    Do we have to buy sprite synergy too, in order for it to work?
    I have 2 one for Samsung and one for others search Sprite OneUI I added 2.1 support also. Follow me on Twitter or join my support chat for better help.

I don't know if this help you, I'm using sprite on two 6t's international converted with lastest oxygen and, a few other mods and, ninja mode from sprite works for me on the navigation bar. That is the only thing that I use sprite for.

Nice!

pezsub

Nov 9, 2019
    Hi guys, my theme doesn't compile the theme. it gives error 1337 and does nothing else. data samsung galaxy s8 android pie 9. any solution?

djdarkknight96

Recognized Themer
    Nov 2, 2009
    Springfield
    www.designrifts.com
    So, just samsung users have to buy the app twice?
    Bcoz I already bought sprite substratum, to use on samsung s9. But it is now not supported.
    Join my telegram, I gave codes for 2 months to those who did.

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Hi guys, my theme doesn't compile the theme. it gives error 1337 and does nothing else. data samsung galaxy s8 android pie 9. any solution?
    That means you have pirate apps installed, uninstall them to be able to use Substratum.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Are we ever going to get an update to synergy and substratum after the March Oneui 3.0/3.1 update or is theming with synergy and substratum DEAD in the water?
      Let's get ready and theme devices with Substratum!

Hey there! I'm Abhijeet, Substratum's Public Relations and Community Connections Manager, writing this noob-friendly guide so that you can easily theme your device.
      Here is the full official guide on using Substratum and some important recovery methods for various situations.

Theme Engine Support:

Table of Contents
      1. Theming AOSP [ROOT]
      2. Using Profiles
      3. Theming Rootless AOSP with Andromeda
      4. Theming Rootless Samsung with Andromeda (Sungstromeda)
      5. Recovering from various situations
      6. Different colors for overlays in Manager
      7. Theming Android Pie [ROOT]
      8. Theming Samsung OneUI devices using Synergy theme engine

Please do note, this IS for beginners, so I'll try and respond to errors and problems only if and when you have read and followed the whole thread. I'll be going over the BASICS of getting started to theme.

If you're still facing errors, please head over to our support chats hub - Substratum on Telegram

Contributors:
      @nicholaschum
      @InFlames03
      @djdarkknight96
      Mihail Mihov
      Theming Android Pie [ROOT]

Theming Android Pie:

• Use the latest version of Substratum.
      • Make sure the theme you're using supports Pie.
      • Select the overlays you wish to install
      • Select Build & Update from the FAB
      • Reboot your device
      • Open Substratum and go to Manager
      • Select the overlays you built earlier
      • Enable selected from the FAB
      Requirements:
      Rooted device running on Android Pie.

NOTE:
      • You'll not be able to apply themes on non-rooted Android Pie because Google blocked custom overlays since March Security patch.
      • DO NOT install Andromeda or you won't be able to proceed after the splash screen.
      • If you're using any magisk module(s), disable module(s) and reboot, build overlays, enable magisk module followed by another reboot and enable overlays.
      Theming Samsung OneUI using Synergy theme engine

Theming Samsung OneUI using Synergy:
      • Download and install Synergy and Substratum Lite apps from Play Store
      • Open Synergy and tap on Add overlays » Select Substratum Lite
      • From Substratum Lite app select supported OneUI Theme and select overlays.
      • Click on the FAB and select Install
      • After it is imported to Synergy, tap on the FAB and it'll prompt you to download a Samsung theme. Tap ‘Download’ and switch to Synergy and build follow the procedure to install the overlays.
      • After the building of overlays is complete, reboot your phone.
      • Open Samsung themes select the theme that install from Synergy and apply.
      • Some of the themes require dark mode for theme to work properly. For that go back to Synergy > Menu > Dark mode settings and enable it.
      • Reboot your device again.
      • Enjoy the theme!
      Recovering from various situations:

Recovering from various situations:

Crashes occurring due to wrongly applied overlays:
      • Open Substratum
      • Go to Manager
      • Select the app overlay
      • Tap the floating action button and select Disable selected
      NOTE: If you apply more than 1 overlay on the same target, your device/System UI may crash.
      In another case, you will either have to update the theme or the app that you wish to theme.

System bootloop; How to regain control?

Unrooted users:
      • Open the folder where you have all the Andromeda files and open a command prompt there
      • Connect your device to your computer
      • Write adb devices and make sure your device shows up there (it’ll show a string of random characters), then device after that
      • NOTE: If your device doesn’t show up make sure you have your OEM’s drivers installed
      • Type adb shell cmd overlay list and this will show you all your installed overlays. The ones with [x] in front are enabled.
      • The problematic overlays will be SystemUI (com.android.systemui.<ThemeName>...) and Android System (android.<ThemeName>...) overlays. You can disable them with adb shell cmd overlay disable <package name of the overlay>

NOTE: If you are a Substratum service (aka Sysserv) mode unrooted user you will have to download ADB and your OEM’s drivers and do the same as Andromeda users from step 2.

Rooted users with access to a custom recovery:
      • Boot into your custom recovery
      • Flash the zip located at sdcard/substratum/SubstratumRescue.zip
      • This will disable all your overlays and prevent from bootloop
      Theming AOSP [ROOT]

Theming AOSP [ROOT]

• Open the Substratum App
      • Select the theme you wish to apply
      • Select your Android version from the dropdown list
      • Select the overlays you want to apply
      • Tap the floating action button in the bottom right corner and select Build and Enable

NOTE: If you are on the March 2018 security patch (or newer) you will have to do the following:
      • Tap Build & Update (this will not enable overlays, just build them)
      • Reboot your device
      • Go to the Manager, select the overlays, and tap Enable Selected
      • After your overlays are enabled, your SystemUI will restart
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone