• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[OFFICIAL][heart] LineageOS 18.1 (Android 11) for the Lenovo Z5 Pro GT

Search This thread

ThE_MarD

Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Reactions: Atom_Z and GeneVin

ThE_MarD

Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
@GeneVin I checked over your logcat and tbh I'm not seeing an exact reason hmm... it turns out I have Anker SoundCore buds which are AptX and it does work for me, so my only other guess is maybe I do need to downgrade the Bluetooth blobs for heart down to Android 10 blobs and figure out how to do so hmm... my previous attempts weren't successful... so I'll have to do a bunch of test builds and figure out that mess, oof

Reactions: Atom_Z

ThE_MarD

Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Heyyo, a new test build is going up! lineage-18.1-20211014-UNOFFICIAL-heart contains a few blob fixes from the last test build for DRM and DPM and also reverts a portion of the display blob updates back to the Nubia Z20 blobs to prevent some potential logspam.

This will probably be my last test build as I've gotten LOS 19.0 synced and will be trying to build that for my devices

the_riddick

Oct 25, 2021
Can't get this installed on my device (has same model and is same device). It seems I get CrashBoot screen.

I had to install the new firmware on the device before I could do anything since it was stock firmware, it complained it was unsigned etc... might be that issue... but its correct model for phone, not sure whats going on. Recovery etc still works however... I just don't understand .... is

device-firmware-heart-L78032_CN_SECURE_USER_Q00145.1_Q_ZUI_11.5.247_ST_200424.zip wrong?

the_riddick

Oct 25, 2021
yeah going through the qfil steps now on my laptop. Hopefully that will work and from there I'll try again with lineageos install.

Hopefully LineageOS isn't as buggy as initial convo says in the proGT thread on here. lol

ThE_MarD

Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
@the_riddick I can guarantee she's 100% stable and working great. Tbh it is also possible to use QFIL to flash TWRP or Lineage Recovery so that you can maintain locked bootloader so banking apps work fine plus another guide on how to use Magisk and SafetyNet mods to be able to use gPay and other SafetyNet apps too

the_riddick

Oct 25, 2021
Appears to be fixed now, with ZUI 11, but is in chinese, lmao..
Guess I got to dev mode this and unlock again and proceed through steps all again.

The biggest issue will be getting the below update on.
device-firmware-heart-L78032_CN_SECURE_USER_Q00145.1_Q_ZUI_11.5.247_ST_200424.zip

If it survives that then I should be ok for getting lineageOS on.

the_riddick

Oct 25, 2021
Got it sorted in end. Just had to install ZUI 11 (CN) then update firmware to x.247 then install LineageOS.

The issue was I had some global firmware on it to start with and it clearly was causing upgrade path issues.

Reactions: ThE_MarD

the_riddick

Oct 25, 2021
I just wish there was a tool to fix fingerprint scanner so it work again, now I did replace it since I had a cracked screen but I had major issues beforehand also. Seems a calibration tool or something is needed.

Let me know if you know of any!

ThE_MarD

Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
@the_riddick sorry man, tbh zippo and heart are my first fingerprint under display devices, so I have no idea how the repairs are... any YouTube videos or anything detailing it? Does it at least work on ZUI ROW or CN?

My LeEco Le Max 2 had a calibration tool on the stock ROM for it, no idea for ZUI as I didn't even have it on my devices for a day so I never really explored it

the_riddick

Oct 25, 2021
It will allow you to store a fingerprint but won't recognise it. I took extra care in replacing the LCD and fingerprint scanner to make sure it was flat on glass and glued down on corners correctly.

I can only assume that a special calibration step needs to be taken to get it working correctly, unfortunately I don't know of such method. In saying that its not a big loss as the fp scanner never actually worked well in the first place, it would store my fingerprint and only work for a couple days then stop working... so it was probably poorly calibrated to start with...

Just a shame there is no info on performing software calibration on the fp thing... what a pointless feature when you can't fix it correctly!

BTW there are ways for some devices after a quick google search. It seems like for my phone however is its accuracy is too low for fp.

But need one for this phone.

Last edited:

ThE_MarD

Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
@the_riddick hmm, have you by chance tried downgrading to an old build of ZUI? Like a pie build if available just to see if it helps with the FP sensor? I remember some users on another device I owned downgraded to nougat builds and their FP sensors magically started working so I guess you never know

the_riddick

Oct 25, 2021
To be honest after spending most the day trying to get LineageOS installed, I really don't feel like messing with downgrades. Not to mention the sensor was having issues with stock OS so I don't think it will do anything.

ThE_MarD

Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Ok, I've merged the blob changes from that last test build, plus some updates to the pinner files/service and also I've requested a force push of the CAF R kernel rebase and finally, also tested and confirmed that bootloader relocking works fine for us so I've enabled the option in developer options to Enable OEM unlocking so that users if they chose to do so, can relock their bootloader. I highly recommend deleting any lock screen security before doing so, as you can retain your data by just flashing LOS + your GApps if you use it as relocking the bootloader on our device doesn't actually wipe the data, just system partition.

EbanNon

Nov 6, 2021
Somewhere
Hello,
I just installed your ROM, it is amazing ! It works perfectly ! Excepted for one thing, on some apps (I tested on Slowly) I am unable to get access to the camera. It works on other apps (like Instagram) this is weird. I've used LineageOS 17.1 before and it worked with this version, so I guess this issue is related to this ROM.
Thank you for providing and maintaining this ROM :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Heyyo, I've taken down the last test build due to an error I made, sorry about that.

lineage-18.1-20211120-UNOFFICIAL-heart has the WPA3 fix and cutout overlay decommonized for heart And also the speaker and mic levels boosted

Heyyo, allow me to introduce myself. I am Marc "ThE_MarD" Bourgoin and I maintain LineageOS and TWRP for the LeEco Le Max 2 (X2) and was crowdfunded a zippo which I will maintain LineageOS for (with selinux enforcing of course) and TWRP as well. I also own an Asus Zenfone 5z (Z01R) which I maintain LineageOS and TWRP for and I was also donated a Motorola Moto X4 (Payton) which I maintain LineageOS and TWRP for.

I saw there wasn't much custom ROM development for heart and since we already have a pretty good sm8150-common tree set up? I decided to get heart working good on our LOS 18.1 trees, and it does! Everything works good, no major bugs.

I'd like to take this moment to also thank anyone who donated to the crowdfunding campaign for my zippo! Without you? I wouldn't have this epic device in my hands to work on. (y)

Also MAJOR thanks to Zhenxiang Chen (aka pasta_con_tonno, Lucchetto) for all the amazing work he has done on zippo.

Special thanks goes out to Einar Gednochsson (aka kanstmablason, pete80pro) for organizing the crowdfunding campaign for my zippo and also a new one for KuranKaname so he can revamp our kernel.

Thanks also to hypnz, chema f, gawin and Lucky for also working in zippo and to HighwayStar who started the initial trees for heart (Lenovo z5 Pro GT) which zippo trees are based upon and Art_Chen for working on heart and zippo and also bringing us FOD Dimming and DC Dimming. :)

Thanks again to Zhenxiang and Chema f for figuring out and implementing the QFIL recovery and vbmeta while keeping the bootloader locked

Special thanks as well to @odei0funk @optional_toast @frostyfeety @VinciosFernandes who tested a lot of stuff for heart! Without their reports? It would have been a lot harder to accomplish what we did
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restores the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
    #include

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

SUPPORTED DEVICES

- heart (L78032)

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS WITH LINEAGE RECOVERY

- Make sure your phone is running firmware from at least cn 11.5.247. If not? Please download and install it via recovery. It can be flashed before or after the ROM

If you want to follow the official instructions for bootloader unlock? Please go to the LineageOS Wiki here:

If you want to preserve a locked bootloader? Download and follow the instructions in this zip and then follow the official wiki instructions but skip the bootloader unlock section.

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS WITH LINEAGE RECOVERY

Please follow the official instructions on the LineageOS Wiki here:

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS WITH TWRP

If you want to preserve a locked bootloader? Please check TWRP downloads for bootloader locked. Otherwise please follow the bootloader unlock instructions on the LineageOS Wiki.

- Download the LineageOS and firmware zips. (see Downloads)

- Boot into TWRP.

- Copy the downloaded zip files to internal sdcard.

- Perform a backup of your current ROM. (Optional)

- RECOMMENDED: Do a factory reset (clean wipe)! No support if you didn't! (Wipe Dalvik, system, cache and data)

- NOTE: If coming from stock ROM? You MUST format data (Wipe > tap "Format Data" button > type "yes" > keyboard checkbox)

- Flash firmware and LineageOS zips.

- Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package. (see Downloads)

- Reboot to system.

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS WITH TWRP

- Download the LineageOS zip(s). (see Downloads)

- Copy the LineageOS zip to internal sdcard.

- Reboot to TWRP.

- Flash LineageOS. (Wiping Dalvik and Cache is optional, but recommended)

- Reboot to system.

MAIN DOWNLOADS

TWRP for heart: unofficial:

TWRP for bootloader locked:

Lineage:

- Officinal 18.1:

- Unofficial 18.1:

- Lineage Recovery for bootloader locked:

GOOGLE APPS (GAPPS) DOWNLOADS

- MindTheGapps:
    http://downloads.codefi.re/jdcteam/javelinanddart/gapps

GOOGLE CAMERA (GCAM) DOWNLOADS

Google Camera:

Recommended version:

FIRMWARE DOWNLOADS

Minimum required versions:

- heart (L78032) cn 11.5.247

DEVELOPER RESOURCES

HOW TO CONTRIBUTE

Send your patches up for review: https://review.lineageos.org/

Read the guides on the LineageOS Wiki: https://wiki.lineageos.org/

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

DONATIONS

KNOWN BUGS
    • SafetyNet does not pass (Unfortunately, this is not possible as your SoC has hardware attestation... the workaround is to use unsupported mods like Magisk which tbh I haven't tried myself as I don't root my devices, but other users said that plus the SafetyNet Magisk mod works). I posted Rob's solution to SafetyNet / gPay here
    • SBC HD does not work
    Official build is there and it is glorious.
    Z5 Pro GT - Official LineageOS 18.1 Downloads Available

[UPDATE]
    w00t! We are approved for LineageOS 18.1 official builds! They should hopefully be coming within a week

Done! https://download.lineageos.org/heart

Thanks for supporting this device & being active in this thread. :cool: 👍