[OFFICIAL][heart] LineageOS 18.1 (Android 11) for the Lenovo Z5 Pro GT

Search This thread

billrod

Mar 1, 2010
@ThE_MarD
Hi, thank you for the effort in improving our phones.
I have finally managed to update my device to 11.5.141. (OTA didn't work from 10.5.304)
Device is still locked, using TWRP 3.3.1 CN
In order to flash LineageOS 18.1 do I need to update ZUI/TWRP any further, or can I just flash 18.1 now?

Edit: Nevermind, sorted!!!
Unlocked bootloader, used QFIL with 11.5.247 qpst files, flashed lineage unlocked recovery, used recovery to sideload Lineage18.1 and Gapps.
Testing to follow. Thanks for the rom!!

Last edited:
Reactions: ThE_MarD

KmitsuX

Mar 17, 2022
Hello, using this rom whem I use GPS after some time or when put the application it's is using GPS, occurs crash and the smartphone enters crash dump mode.

KmitsuX

Mar 17, 2022
Last edited:

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
@KmitsuX, sorry I've been a bit busy as of late... I checked over your logs and the errors don't make sense to me, but there is some GApps related errors and a few device errors that shouldn't be there.

I'd recommend backing up all your important data off of your device and then performing QFIL. Then please make sure to format data during your reinstall of TWRP or Lineage Recovery and also flash the device firmware file from my first post link. For GApps? The recommeneded is MindTheGApps which is also linked in my first post. Good luck!

KmitsuX

Mar 17, 2022
@KmitsuX, sorry I've been a bit busy as of late... I checked over your logs and the errors don't make sense to me, but there is some GApps related errors and a few device errors that shouldn't be there.

I'd recommend backing up all your important data off of your device and then performing QFIL. Then please make sure to format data during your reinstall of TWRP or Lineage Recovery and also flash the device firmware file from my first post link. For GApps? The recommeneded is MindTheGApps which is also linked in my first post. Good luck!
I Solved the problem, seems the sensors and gps has half brick, only solved after a make a full erase with qfil and reflash persist.img, modens and qcn file.

Reactions: ThE_MarD

szztc

Apr 18, 2022
Lenovo Z5 Pro GT
设置-系统-按键-边缘长滑行为-拆分屏幕 bug
Screenshot_20220419-011821_Trebuchet.png

Atom_Z

Sep 7, 2021
Heyyo @szztc, I tried to use Google translate and I can't quite figure out what you're trying to say. Can you please type in English what it is you're trying to do and what isn't working correctly?
Hello :) It is a bug (on screenshot), in which the icons are shifted down, while active split screen mode. I have this bug too.
Also I have problem with charging turned off phone. It is no charge mode for turned off phone, only full launch system after start charging.

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Heyyo @Atom_Z, thanks for the clarification. That would be a system bug so I'll pass that report onto the LOS team.

As for offline charging not working? That is something Lenovo set (tbh I think they do this on the majority, if not all their devices). You can try to change the setting via bootloader with fastboot

On:
fastboot oem enable-charger-screen

Off:
fastboot oem off-mode-charge

Reactions: Atom_Z

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Heyyo, allow me to introduce myself. I am Marc "ThE_MarD" Bourgoin and I maintain LineageOS and TWRP for the LeEco Le Max 2 (X2) and was crowdfunded a zippo which I will maintain LineageOS for (with selinux enforcing of course) and TWRP as well. I also own an Asus Zenfone 5z (Z01R) which I maintain LineageOS and TWRP for and I was also donated a Motorola Moto X4 (Payton) which I maintain LineageOS and TWRP for.

I saw there wasn't much custom ROM development for heart and since we already have a pretty good sm8150-common tree set up? I decided to get heart working good on our LOS 18.1 trees, and it does! Everything works good, no major bugs.

I'd like to take this moment to also thank anyone who donated to the crowdfunding campaign for my zippo! Without you? I wouldn't have this epic device in my hands to work on. (y)

Also MAJOR thanks to Zhenxiang Chen (aka pasta_con_tonno, Lucchetto) for all the amazing work he has done on zippo.

Special thanks goes out to Einar Gednochsson (aka kanstmablason, pete80pro) for organizing the crowdfunding campaign for my zippo and also a new one for KuranKaname so he can revamp our kernel.

Thanks also to hypnz, chema f, gawin and Lucky for also working in zippo and to HighwayStar who started the initial trees for heart (Lenovo z5 Pro GT) which zippo trees are based upon and Art_Chen for working on heart and zippo and also bringing us FOD Dimming and DC Dimming. :)

Thanks again to Zhenxiang and Chema f for figuring out and implementing the QFIL recovery and vbmeta while keeping the bootloader locked

Special thanks as well to @odei0funk @optional_toast @frostyfeety @VinciosFernandes who tested a lot of stuff for heart! Without their reports? It would have been a lot harder to accomplish what we did
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restores the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
    #include

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

SUPPORTED DEVICES

- heart (L78032)

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS WITH LINEAGE RECOVERY

- Make sure your phone is running firmware from at least cn 11.5.247. If not? Please download and install it via recovery. It can be flashed before or after the ROM

If you want to follow the official instructions for bootloader unlock? Please go to the LineageOS Wiki here:

If you want to preserve a locked bootloader? Download and follow the instructions in this zip and then follow the official wiki instructions but skip the bootloader unlock section.

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS WITH LINEAGE RECOVERY

Please follow the official instructions on the LineageOS Wiki here:

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS WITH TWRP

If you want to preserve a locked bootloader? Please check TWRP downloads for bootloader locked. Otherwise please follow the bootloader unlock instructions on the LineageOS Wiki.

- Download the LineageOS and firmware zips. (see Downloads)

- Boot into TWRP.

- Copy the downloaded zip files to internal sdcard.

- Perform a backup of your current ROM. (Optional)

- RECOMMENDED: Do a factory reset (clean wipe)! No support if you didn't! (Wipe Dalvik, system, cache and data)

- NOTE: If coming from stock ROM? You MUST format data (Wipe > tap "Format Data" button > type "yes" > keyboard checkbox)

- Flash firmware and LineageOS zips.

- Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package. (see Downloads)

- Reboot to system.

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS WITH TWRP

- Download the LineageOS zip(s). (see Downloads)

- Copy the LineageOS zip to internal sdcard.

- Reboot to TWRP.

- Flash LineageOS. (Wiping Dalvik and Cache is optional, but recommended)

- Reboot to system.

MAIN DOWNLOADS

TWRP for heart: unofficial:

TWRP for bootloader locked:

Lineage:

- Officinal 18.1:

- Unofficial 18.1:

- Lineage Recovery for bootloader locked:

GOOGLE APPS (GAPPS) DOWNLOADS

- MindTheGapps:
    http://downloads.codefi.re/jdcteam/javelinanddart/gapps

GOOGLE CAMERA (GCAM) DOWNLOADS

Google Camera:

Recommended version:

FIRMWARE DOWNLOADS

Minimum required versions:

- heart (L78032) cn 11.5.247

DEVELOPER RESOURCES

HOW TO CONTRIBUTE

Send your patches up for review: https://review.lineageos.org/

Read the guides on the LineageOS Wiki: https://wiki.lineageos.org/

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

DONATIONS

KNOWN BUGS
    • SafetyNet does not pass (Unfortunately, this is not possible as your SoC has hardware attestation... the workaround is to use unsupported mods like Magisk which tbh I haven't tried myself as I don't root my devices, but other users said that plus the SafetyNet Magisk mod works). I posted Rob's solution to SafetyNet / gPay here
    • SBC HD does not work
    Official build is there and it is glorious.
    Z5 Pro GT - Official LineageOS 18.1 Downloads Available

[UPDATE]
    w00t! We are approved for LineageOS 18.1 official builds! They should hopefully be coming within a week

Done! https://download.lineageos.org/heart

Thanks for supporting this device & being active in this thread. :cool: 👍