Search This thread

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restores the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
#include

/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

SUPPORTED DEVICES

- heart (L78032)

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS WITH LINEAGE RECOVERY

Please NOTE! As of LineageOS 19.1? We do NOT support bootloader locked! You MUST unlock your bootloader to use this version!

- Make sure your phone is running firmware from at least cn 11.5.247. If not? Please download and install it via recovery. It can be flashed before or after the ROM

If you want to follow the official instructions for bootloader unlock? Please go to the LineageOS Wiki here:

If you want to preserve a locked bootloader? Download and follow the instructions in this zip and then follow the official wiki instructions but skip the bootloader unlock section.

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS WITH LINEAGE RECOVERY

Please follow the official instructions on the LineageOS Wiki here:

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS WITH TWRP

Please NOTE! As of LineageOS 19.1? We do NOT support bootloader locked! You MUST unlock your bootloader to use this version!

- Download the LineageOS and firmware zips. (see Downloads)

- Boot into TWRP.

- Copy the downloaded zip files to internal sdcard.

- Perform a backup of your current ROM. (Optional)

- RECOMMENDED: Do a factory reset (clean wipe)! No support if you didn't! (Wipe Dalvik, system, cache and data)

- NOTE: If coming from stock ROM? You MUST format data (Wipe > tap "Format Data" button > type "yes" > keyboard checkbox)

- Flash firmware and LineageOS zips.

- Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package. (see Downloads)

- Reboot to system.

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS WITH TWRP

- Download the LineageOS zip(s). (see Downloads)

- Copy the LineageOS zip to internal sdcard.

- Reboot to TWRP.

- Flash LineageOS. (Wiping Dalvik and Cache is optional, but recommended)

- Reboot to system.

MAIN DOWNLOADS

Lineage:

- Official:

- Unofficial:

TWRP for heart: official:

GOOGLE APPS (GAPPS) DOWNLOADS

- MindTheGapps:
http://downloads.codefi.re/jdcteam/javelinanddart/gapps

GOOGLE CAMERA (GCAM) DOWNLOADS

Google Camera:

Recommended version:

FIRMWARE DOWNLOADS

Minimum required versions:

- heart (L78032) CN 11.5.247

DEVELOPER RESOURCES

HOW TO CONTRIBUTE

Send your patches up for review: https://review.lineageos.org/

Read the guides on the LineageOS Wiki: https://wiki.lineageos.org/

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

DONATIONS

Last edited:

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
KNOWN BUGS
  • Currently only works with bootloader unlocked
  • SafetyNet does not pass (Unfortunately, this is not possible as your SoC has hardware attestation... the workaround is to use unsupported mods like Magisk which tbh I haven't tried myself as I don't root my devices, but other users said that plus the SafetyNet Magisk mod works). I posted Rob's solution to SafetyNet / gPay here

Last edited:

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Heyyo, allow me to introduce myself. I am Marc "ThE_MarD" Bourgoin and I maintain LineageOS and TWRP for the LeEco Le Max 2 (X2) and was crowdfunded a zippo which I will maintain LineageOS for (with selinux enforcing of course) and TWRP as well. I also own an Asus Zenfone 5z (Z01R) which I maintain LineageOS and TWRP for and I was also donated a Motorola Moto X4 (Payton) which I maintain LineageOS and TWRP for.

I saw there wasn't much custom ROM development for heart and since we already have a pretty good sm8150-common tree set up? I decided to get heart working good on our LOS 18.1 trees, and it does! Everything works good, no major bugs.

I'd like to take this moment to also thank anyone who donated to the crowdfunding campaign for my zippo! Without you? I wouldn't have this epic device in my hands to work on. (y)

Also MAJOR thanks to Zhenxiang Chen (aka pasta_con_tonno, Lucchetto) for all the amazing work he has done on zippo.

Special thanks goes out to Einar Gednochsson (aka kanstmablason, pete80pro) for organizing the crowdfunding campaign for my zippo and also a new one for KuranKaname so he can revamp our kernel.

Thanks also to hypnz, chema f, gawin and Lucky for also working in zippo and to HighwayStar who started the initial trees for heart (Lenovo z5 Pro GT) which zippo trees are based upon and Art_Chen for working on heart and zippo and also bringing us FOD Dimming and DC Dimming. :)

Thanks again to Zhenxiang and Chema f for figuring out and implementing the QFIL recovery and vbmeta while keeping the bootloader locked

Special thanks as well to @odei0funk @optional_toast @frostyfeety @VinciosFernandes who tested a lot of stuff for heart! Without their reports? It would have been a lot harder to accomplish what we did

Reactions: miji2 and Atom_Z

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Heyyo, it is time! lineage-19.0-20220213-UNOFFICIAL-heart

If someone could extensively please test NFC and report if it works or not for payments and other stuff that would be greatly appreciated. This build is selinux permissive as well.

MindTheGApps 12 is the recommended GApps

Mar 25, 2022
Is there anything else in this project? Android 12 animation is great. Double clicking the bright screen doesn't work. I look forward to repairing SELinux enforcing

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Heyyo, a new test build is up! lineage-19.1-20220319-UNOFFICIAL-heart is based on Android 12.1 (aka Android 12 L) and is selinux enforcing as well. Please test all functions and report any issues

PLEASE NOTE! You MUST use GApps for Android 12.1 like MindTheGApps 12.1 or it will fail to boot!

Also, the bootloader MUST be UNLOCKED! Currently Android 12 ignores vbmeta disabled state which is a bummer... not sure if we will be allowed to haxxs this...

Reactions: Serphp and Atom_Z

Mar 25, 2022
Heyyo, a new test build is up! lineage-19.1-20220319-UNOFFICIAL-heart is based on Android 12.1 (aka Android 12 L) and is selinux enforcing as well. Please test all functions and report any issues

PLEASE NOTE! You MUST use GApps for Android 12.1 like MindTheGApps 12.1 or it will fail to boot!

Also, the bootloader MUST be UNLOCKED! Currently Android 12 ignores vbmeta disabled state which is a bummer... not sure if we will be allowed to haxxs this...

Using a third-party application, the brightness display is abnormal after adjusting the brightness

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Heyyo, I've updated the first post for LOS 19.1 and also I've put both heart and zippo on the initial 19.1 devices list once it goes official! ;)

I will be tweaking the automatic brightness algorithm as I find it is a bit dark anyways to see if we can make it brighter

Reactions: Atom_Z

kamma

Jul 9, 2006
Nymburk
Hello @ThE_MarD,

is it possible to build your ROM from source already ?
I watch your github repositories, but not all of them has branch for 19.1

thnaks for reply,
kAmMa

kamma

Jul 9, 2006
Nymburk
Reactions: Atom_Z and ThE_MarD

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Heyyo, A new test build is going up! lineage-19.1-20220413-UNOFFICIAL-heart contains a kernel rebased on Adriank16a and npjohnson that is the latest CAF tag and Android Linux Stable upstreamed. Please test ALL functions to ensure I didn't accidentally forget anything like cameras, micro SD Card and so on

Last edited:

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Heyyo, a new test build is going up! lineage-19.1-20220424-UNOFFICIAL-heart contains changes to the automatic brightness algorithm to have a higher minimum brightness and also bump all the other brightness values from the ZUI values up by one value to try and improve overall brightness in all usecases

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
we are official! This thread is updated with the official download link too :)

heart went from Custom ROM limbo to being one of only 19 devices on the initial LineageOS 19.1 release roster! I couldn't have done this without my community heart testers so thanks again! (y)

KmitsuX

Mar 17, 2022
we are official! This thread is updated with the official download link too :)

heart went from Custom ROM limbo to being one of only 19 devices on the initial LineageOS 19.1 release roster! I couldn't have done this without my community heart testers so thanks again! (y)
Hello, still need unlock bootloader for 19.1?

kordelini

May 7, 2022
Hello everyone.

I'm a software developer and I'm using Gentoo Linux in a chroot environment. I need advanced features like user namespace.

What is the version of the kernel?
Nobody speaks about the kernel version, no screenshots...

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Heyyo @kordelini , for sm8150 the kernel version is 4.14

Here is my local manifest if you are interested in what the official build trees are:

The scripts are what I use when I make my builds as well

If you have any questions? Feel free to ask as it is always nice seeing someone with software development skills (y)

kordelini

May 7, 2022
Thank you, @ThE_MarD.

Why the version of the kernel is so old?
The version 5 is compatible with user namespaces.

For now I have no free time, but I would like to contribute.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restores the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
    #include

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

SUPPORTED DEVICES

- heart (L78032)

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS WITH LINEAGE RECOVERY

- Make sure your phone is running firmware from at least cn 11.5.247. If not? Please download and install it via recovery. It can be flashed before or after the ROM

If you want to follow the official instructions for bootloader unlock? Please go to the LineageOS Wiki here:

If you want to preserve a locked bootloader? Download and follow the instructions in this zip and then follow the official wiki instructions but skip the bootloader unlock section.

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS WITH LINEAGE RECOVERY

Please follow the official instructions on the LineageOS Wiki here:

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS WITH TWRP

- Download the LineageOS and firmware zips. (see Downloads)

- Boot into TWRP.

- Copy the downloaded zip files to internal sdcard.

- Perform a backup of your current ROM. (Optional)

- RECOMMENDED: Do a factory reset (clean wipe)! No support if you didn't! (Wipe Dalvik, system, cache and data)

- NOTE: If coming from stock ROM? You MUST format data (Wipe > tap "Format Data" button > type "yes" > keyboard checkbox)

- Flash firmware and LineageOS zips.

- Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package. (see Downloads)

- Reboot to system.

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS WITH TWRP

- Download the LineageOS zip(s). (see Downloads)

- Copy the LineageOS zip to internal sdcard.

- Reboot to TWRP.

- Flash LineageOS. (Wiping Dalvik and Cache is optional, but recommended)

- Reboot to system.

MAIN DOWNLOADS

Lineage:

- Official:

- Unofficial:

TWRP for heart: official:

GOOGLE APPS (GAPPS) DOWNLOADS

- MindTheGapps:
    http://downloads.codefi.re/jdcteam/javelinanddart/gapps

GOOGLE CAMERA (GCAM) DOWNLOADS

Google Camera:

Recommended version:

FIRMWARE DOWNLOADS

Minimum required versions:

- heart (L78032) CN 11.5.247

DEVELOPER RESOURCES

HOW TO CONTRIBUTE

Send your patches up for review: https://review.lineageos.org/

Read the guides on the LineageOS Wiki: https://wiki.lineageos.org/

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

DONATIONS

Heyyo, it is time! lineage-19.0-20220213-UNOFFICIAL-heart

If someone could extensively please test NFC and report if it works or not for payments and other stuff that would be greatly appreciated. This build is selinux permissive as well.

MindTheGApps 12 is the recommended GApps
    Heyyo, allow me to introduce myself. I am Marc "ThE_MarD" Bourgoin and I maintain LineageOS and TWRP for the LeEco Le Max 2 (X2) and was crowdfunded a zippo which I will maintain LineageOS for (with selinux enforcing of course) and TWRP as well. I also own an Asus Zenfone 5z (Z01R) which I maintain LineageOS and TWRP for and I was also donated a Motorola Moto X4 (Payton) which I maintain LineageOS and TWRP for.

I saw there wasn't much custom ROM development for heart and since we already have a pretty good sm8150-common tree set up? I decided to get heart working good on our LOS 18.1 trees, and it does! Everything works good, no major bugs.

I'd like to take this moment to also thank anyone who donated to the crowdfunding campaign for my zippo! Without you? I wouldn't have this epic device in my hands to work on. (y)

Also MAJOR thanks to Zhenxiang Chen (aka pasta_con_tonno, Lucchetto) for all the amazing work he has done on zippo.

Special thanks goes out to Einar Gednochsson (aka kanstmablason, pete80pro) for organizing the crowdfunding campaign for my zippo and also a new one for KuranKaname so he can revamp our kernel.

Thanks also to hypnz, chema f, gawin and Lucky for also working in zippo and to HighwayStar who started the initial trees for heart (Lenovo z5 Pro GT) which zippo trees are based upon and Art_Chen for working on heart and zippo and also bringing us FOD Dimming and DC Dimming. :)

Thanks again to Zhenxiang and Chema f for figuring out and implementing the QFIL recovery and vbmeta while keeping the bootloader locked

Special thanks as well to @odei0funk @optional_toast @frostyfeety @VinciosFernandes who tested a lot of stuff for heart! Without their reports? It would have been a lot harder to accomplish what we did

Heyyo @kamma, yes it is! All the official repos are up to date too. I have updated the local_manifests repo for an easy reference on how to set up your own builds if you are interested in doing so: