Search This thread

nicholaschum

Substratum Development Leader / Inactive Recognize
Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
B50GubP.png

Official thread for Hyperion Launcher

I know this is (currently) a subforum for substratum related things, but it would be renamed very soon!

Bug reports are more favored on our Telegram chat, but they are welcomed here!

Useful Links:

Last edited:

TiTiB

Jun 19, 2015
WA
I wanna buy the PRO version (especially at the 50% off price), but I have no Play Store. Options?

Sent from my SHT-W09 using XDA Labs

Will008

May 8, 2014
I have two major issues.

Purchased the pro version for the app lock and gestures features. They both get disabled after some time by themselves (or reset to defaults). When I go back to settings I find app lock turned off and the double tap gesture set on "nothing" while I had it set to lockscreen before.

My biggest problem is how much RAM this launcher occupies (~750MB) which is way too much on my 4GB RAM Pixel 2XL, I have Nova Prime its only 100MB of RAM, that's with using Nova companion and tesla unread.

Last edited:
Reactions: kyleruggles

nicholaschum

Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
Hey, a short question.. If I buy paid version, do I have to buy for every device I own, cause I own too many devices :D

Nope, only one device is fine. We don't consume the purchases.

I have the Pro version, Is it possible for the app drawer to act like pixel launcher ie; 1swipe gives most frequent apps 2nd/long swipe goes into app drawer?

Do you mean the recents implementation? We have that currently in the works.

I have two major issues.

Purchased the pro version for the app lock and gestures features. They both get disabled after some time by themselves (or reset to defaults). When I go back to settings I find app lock turned off and the double tap gesture set on "nothing" while I had it set to lockscreen before.

My biggest problem is how much RAM this launcher occupies (~750MB) which is way too much on my 4GB RAM Pixel 2XL, I have Nova Prime its only 100MB of RAM, that's with using Nova companion and tesla unread.

1. We will take a look at this, if you have Telegram, please join us in the above link!

2. Thanks to @franciscofranco, we would be working on the amount of RAM that the IAP client uses. We haven't fully implemented it yet but according to him, we are able to cut it down.

Also, it should be comparable to other Pixel-based launchers, as Nova was based on Launcher2 (AFAIK), we are now based on Launcher3, which shows many differences.

jcmm11

Recognized Contributor
Feb 10, 2012
Feature request
Currently the lock screen is an either or option. (Unlock with fingerprint or no). Possible to enable both simultaneously? I'd like one swipe action to trigger one and a different swipe action to trigger the other.

Reactions: rahul1533

nicholaschum

Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
Feature request
Currently the lock screen is an either or option. (Unlock with fingerprint or no). Possible to enable both simultaneously? I'd like one swipe action to trigger one and a different swipe action to trigger the other.

Accessibility allows for the lock to not enforce the pattern. Whereas Device Admin does. It's not possible to bridge both of them.

How to hide the Google search?

Settings -> Widget -> Show on Dock/Drawer (uncheck)

jcmm11

Recognized Contributor
Feb 10, 2012
Accessibility allows for the lock to not enforce the pattern. Whereas Device Admin does. It's not possible to bridge both of them. . .
How about the ability to launch a shortcut? Specifically in this case a Tasker shortcut to launch a task, but the general ability to launch shortcuts could be handy.

Thanks

nreuge

Apr 22, 2013
Rennes
@nicholaschum

The google feed is sometimes unreachable. Display has to locked and unlocked and then it is again reachable.
It's very disturbing.
Beside this, the launcher is awesome.

Xperia XZ2, stock Oreo 8.0
Hyperion v34, Hyperion dock v1.3

Alexzander Conde

Sep 15, 2018
**Feature Request**

Can you add more app opening animation??

The first 2 options was dull (Default and KitKat animation)

I want the Pie and more opening animation please ???

Tnx ???

parthhadiya

Oct 28, 2014
Feature request:
I bought the pro version and love the aesthetics :) But, please can we add an empty homescreen. My KLWP's don't work without it. Also, pinch in and out gestures.

Bug:
Removing the search bar from the app drawer removes the functionality of app search with home button gesture.

mrmark75

Feb 17, 2011
Muskego
Bug report: On Android Android 9 - every time I create a folder in the app drawer it does not show up even when using the show folders first option. If I created 2 folders it crashes the app and cannot be started again until I clear cash and data.

Last edited:

jamaniek

Jun 7, 2011
Warsaw
Bug report/feature request:

On the OnePlus 6T while in Game Mode the launcher gets killed. No matter the game. OnePlus launcher doesn't suffer the same fate. Could this be fixed somehow? Maybe adding an option to keep launcher in memory could help?

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone