• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[OFFICIAL][i9500][5.1.x] CyanogenMod 12.1 for Samsung Galaxy S4 [NIGHTLY]

Search This thread

Alberto96

Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2010
Modugno (BA)
Samsung Galaxy S4
LeEco Le 2
Use this thread =>http://goo.gl/wBvUGq for questions or discussions.

Only Bug Reports & Feedbacks are allowed here. Penalty: Post Removal by Moderators

logo.png

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.1.x (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

ROM Downloads

<< Nightly >>

Download Folder: https://archive.org/download/cmarchive_nighlies/

<< Misc. (Modem & Recovery) >>

I9500XXUHOD4 LL Modem: https://basketbuild.com/filedl/devs...s And Bootloaders/I9500-XXUHOD4-MODEM_CWM.zip <= Recommended

Google Apps (add-on)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software/tk-gapps-t3116347 <== Recommended <> Micro/Mini Modular Package. Do not choose Stock

Installation

3-button-combo = "Volume Up/+" + "Home/Center" + "Power/Lock"

- First time flashing CM12.1 to your Galaxy S4 (or coming from TouchWiz/Stock Based ROMs)?
  1. Root your device and install GearRecovery/TWRP
  2. Reboot into Recovery using 3-button-combo
  3. Do a Nandroid Backup!
  4. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition + format /system partition)
  5. Install the ROM from internal/external sdcard
  6. Optionally install Google Addon
  7. Done! You can now reboot the phone to enjoy the rom :)
- Upgrading from Official CM10.2/CM11/CM12 or GearCM 11/12/12.1?
  1. Reboot into Recovery using 3-button-combo
  2. Do a Nandroid Backup!
  3. Install latest GearRecovery/TWRP
  4. Reboot into new Recovery using 3-button-combo (if needed)
  5. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition + format /system partition)
  6. Install the ROM from internal/external sdcard
  7. Optionally install the Google Addon
  8. Done! You can now reboot the phone to enjoy the rom :)
- Upgrading from another build of CM12.1?
  2. Do a Nandroid Backup!
  6. WIPE Dalvik/ART Cache (wipe cache partition + wipe dalvik cache)

Known Issues (regarding latest/upcoming Nightly build)
Please do not report bugs if it is already listen in the list of known issues
  • Microphone volumes need to be recalibrated. (e.g. Sound Recorder records audio files with too low audio and bad quality)
  • Some VOIP apps don't route audio properly with actual Audio HAL, so you won't hear anything. (seems Audio HAL bug)
  • Bluetooth SCO is a bit unstable, sometimes you need to switch between Speaker/Headset/Earpiece & Bluetooth to properly configure the output device. (Audio HAL bug)
  • Open-Source HW Video Encoders have a bug with Video Bitrate. Video Recorded using Camcorder will have low quality. (actually the only solution is to use prebuilt OMX libraries. Use the whole /system/lib/omx folder & /system/lib/libExynosOMX_Core.so lib. from LL Stock ROM)
  • 5GHz Wi-Fi Networks using Band B (52-140) and Band C (149-161) channels don't get listed. (WiFi Config. bug)
  • Google's Voice Recognition causes some weird issues with Audio HAL. (Audio HAL bug. Disable it to avoid issues)
  • IR Blaster doesn't work. (Kernel bug)
  • Device Encryption doesn't work. (Device Tree bug)
  • Rarely, when you wake-up the device, touchscreen will have a noticeable input lag, easily fixable by turning off and on the display. (H/W or S/W bug?)
  • Any Chinese (CHN, I9500ZCUxxx codename) Baseband/Modem reduces Call Quality. (due to forced AMR_WB, unsupported by CHN modems)
  • Wireless Display with some TVs could cause issues. (AOSP bug related to HDCP, and Google doesn't provide a solution)

Reporting Bugs

You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread. Before reporting a bug, please make sure you are running as stock as possible. This means no custom kernel, no custom framework modification, etc. If you are using any of the above modifications, please flash the rom again to get rid of the modifications before reporting.

REPORT BUGS IN THIS THREAD ONLY

• Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. The following is a useful format to follow. Note: If you can provide the latest night/build that the bug didn't exist, it would greatly help in tracking down what caused it.

Code:
What is your--
Phone model:
Radio (baseband) version:
CM version:
CM download url:
Google Apps version:

Did you--
wipe data/factory reset:
restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
CMSettings/Performance Settings (other than stock):
other modifications:
Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Changelog

http://www.cmxlog.com/12.1/i9500/

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
[OFFICIAL][i9500][5.1.x] CyanogenMod 12.1 for Samsung Galaxy S4, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S4

Contributors
Alberto96, intervigil
Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2015-08-16
Last Updated 2017-02-09

arpitsaini

Aug 26, 2011

Been waiting for the official Rom for SOOO LONG.
I will install once the WiFi issue is fixed. I am hoping the battery life is good :(

Keep up the good work ^_^

Reactions: zorlak

tanqueta207

Sep 22, 2011
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Use this thread =>http://goo.gl/wBvUGq for questions or discussions.

Only Bug Reports & Feedbacks are allowed here. Penalty: Post Removal by Moderators

logo.png

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.1.x (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

ROM Downloads

<< Nightly >>

Download Folder: https://archive.org/download/cmarchive_nighlies/

<< Misc. (Modem & Recovery) >>

I9500XXUHOD4 LL Modem: https://basketbuild.com/filedl/devs...s And Bootloaders/I9500-XXUHOD4-MODEM_CWM.zip <= Recommended

Google Apps (add-on)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software/tk-gapps-t3116347 <== Recommended <> Micro/Mini Modular Package. Do not choose Stock

Installation

3-button-combo = "Volume Up/+" + "Home/Center" + "Power/Lock"

- First time flashing CM12.1 to your Galaxy S4 (or coming from TouchWiz/Stock Based ROMs)?
    1. Root your device and install GearRecovery/TWRP
    2. Reboot into Recovery using 3-button-combo
    3. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    4. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition + format /system partition)
    6. Optionally install Google Addon
    - Upgrading from Official CM10.2/CM11/CM12 or GearCM 11/12/12.1?
    2. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    5. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition + format /system partition)
    6. Install the ROM from internal/external sdcard
    7. Optionally install the Google Addon
    8. Done! You can now reboot the phone to enjoy the rom :)
    - Upgrading from another build of CM12.1?
    2. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    6. WIPE Dalvik/ART Cache (wipe cache partition + wipe dalvik cache)

Known Issues (regarding latest/upcoming Nightly build)
    Please do not report bugs if it is already listen in the list of known issues
    • Microphone volumes need to be recalibrated. (e.g. Sound Recorder records audio files with too low audio and bad quality)
    • Some VOIP apps don't route audio properly with actual Audio HAL, so you won't hear anything. (seems Audio HAL bug)
    • Bluetooth SCO is a bit unstable, sometimes you need to switch between Speaker/Headset/Earpiece & Bluetooth to properly configure the output device. (Audio HAL bug)
    • Open-Source HW Video Encoders have a bug with Video Bitrate. Video Recorded using Camcorder will have low quality. (actually the only solution is to use prebuilt OMX libraries. Use the whole /system/lib/omx folder & /system/lib/libExynosOMX_Core.so lib. from LL Stock ROM)
    • 5GHz Wi-Fi Networks using Band B (52-140) and Band C (149-161) channels don't get listed. (WiFi Config. bug)
    • Google's Voice Recognition causes some weird issues with Audio HAL. (Audio HAL bug. Disable it to avoid issues)
    • IR Blaster doesn't work. (Kernel bug)
    • Device Encryption doesn't work. (Device Tree bug)
    • Rarely, when you wake-up the device, touchscreen will have a noticeable input lag, easily fixable by turning off and on the display. (H/W or S/W bug?)
    • Any Chinese (CHN, I9500ZCUxxx codename) Baseband/Modem reduces Call Quality. (due to forced AMR_WB, unsupported by CHN modems)
    • Wireless Display with some TVs could cause issues. (AOSP bug related to HDCP, and Google doesn't provide a solution)

Reporting Bugs

You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread. Before reporting a bug, please make sure you are running as stock as possible. This means no custom kernel, no custom framework modification, etc. If you are using any of the above modifications, please flash the rom again to get rid of the modifications before reporting.

REPORT BUGS IN THIS THREAD ONLY

• Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. The following is a useful format to follow. Note: If you can provide the latest night/build that the bug didn't exist, it would greatly help in tracking down what caused it.

Code:
    What is your--
    Phone model:
    Radio (baseband) version:
    CM version:
    CM download url:
    Google Apps version:

Did you--
    wipe data/factory reset:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    CMSettings/Performance Settings (other than stock):
    other modifications:
    Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Changelog

http://www.cmxlog.com/12.1/i9500/

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [OFFICIAL][i9500][5.1.x] CyanogenMod 12.1 for Samsung Galaxy S4, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S4

Contributors
    Alberto96, intervigil
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2015-08-16
    Last Updated 2017-02-09
    @Alberto96 one question, this release will be smooth and fast like your GearCM releases or it will be always behind it? I'm trying to ask if you one day will be closing GearCM and the official nightly will be your best ROM? Only to know if I install this one or keep the great GearCM on my i9500.
    Thanks for your work!

Always behind, because only GearCM uses some important optimizations.

CM and GearCM will remain separate projects, and both won't be abandoned until my device works.
    I have fixed Wi-Fi. It will work on next nightlies.

Camera is WIP, it is working, there's just a selinux problem. If you want to use it, then just change temporarily selinux to permissive from enforcing by executing this command "setenforce 0"
    UPDATE: Camera has been fixed too. (20150820)
    livedisplay oto mode not work and system user name bug only onwer not change.
    aabb19cdb882b7ca547fabd090613975.jpg

GT-I9500 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Please explain better what you mean.

Firstly, thanks a lot for the build. :) It has come a long way from initial builds.
    Wifi has no issues.
    Camera is working for the most part. Tried taking a panorama with Google cam but experienced forced restart in the middle of processing. . Not sure if it's a bug with the ROM. But the music which seemed to work OK in the past is experiencing a glitch. I did a clean install (did factory reset, wiped cache, dalvik cache and system) except for data which will format the internal storage and I don't have an sd card for storing the ROM for flashing. Unlike prev. post it happened for me with the stock music app as well.

Go to developer setting and use awesome player then restart. My sound issue is fine now after this.

MP3 Playback has been fixed. (20150822)

When calls arrive, the screen turns on about 2-3 seconds later than the alert sound. I think the screen should turn on instantly instead of 2-3 seconds delay like that.

WIP