[OFFICIAL][KERNEL+ROM] MoKee MK71.2 for OnePlus 5 (2017/11/26 - Latest kernel)

Search This thread

chenxingyu

Jun 15, 2010
Canton, China
xingrz.me
Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is... still valid?
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

Hi everyone,

MoKee are on OnePlus 5 now!
Nightly builds are launched since July 9.

# Known issues

* No

# Features

* Awesome slider, switching notification modes, flashlight, rotation and more…
* Faster fingerprint unlock
* Optional on-screen navigation keys
* Swappable hardware navigation keys
* All 13 off-screen gestures, configurable
* Ambient display
* Dash Charge
* sRGB and DCI-P3 color modes
* Adjustable vibrator intensity

# How to flash

1. Download TWRP: http://dl.twrp.me/cheeseburger
2. Download base firmware (see below)
3. Download MoKee: http://rom.mk/?device=cheeseburger
4. OEM Unlock your phone, and flash the TWRP
5. Reboot to TWRP Recovery
6. Flash base firmware zip (not always necessary, unless you saw an error telling you to do this)
5. Flash the system zip
6. Done!

# Things to remind

* Custom kernels are NOT RECOMMENDED - Some of our important features are implemented in ways different from (and better than, I think) OOS. Custom kernels may breaks these features. e.g. alert slider, color profiles, etc. Our kernel is good and stable enough.
* FBE is required. Don't try any so-called "no verify patch".

# ROM downloads

http://rom.mk/?device=cheeseburger

# Firmware downloads

https://github.com/xingrz/proprietary_vendor_oneplus_cheeseburger_radio/releases/latest

# Sources

* android_device_oneplus_cheeseburger
* android_kernel_oneplus_msm8998
* android_vendor_oneplus_cheeseburger

# Report a bug

Just reply this thread, I'll check every day.

# Change logs
(Only noticeable changes will be listed here. Each nightly build may be available at about 4 a.m. GMT+8 of that day, but I may update the logs below before the build is finished.)

2017/11/26
* Kernel is upstreamed to latest v4.4.102

2017/09/08
* Firmware update required (see above)

2017/09/01
Got many stuffs up-to-date with LineageOS
* Kernel rebased to Linux 4.4.52 + CAF LA.UM.5.7.r1-10500 (Thanks @codeworkx and @amartinz)
* SDCardFS enabled
* Fix the issue Snap camera recognized 1 more camera (Thanks to @codeworkx, again)
* OnePlus Camera won't crash now - No no no, it's NOT preinstalled. You should find a flashable zip your self

2017/08/17
* Awesome slider now supports switching Caffeine (aka. "Keep Awake") (Settings - Additional buttons - Use slider for: Caffeine)

2017/08/09
* Fixed speaker issue

2017/08/04
* Kernel is merged to CAF tag LA.UM.5.7.r1-09100-8x98.0 - of course no noticeable changes, but if it brings new bugs, let me know as soon as possible

2017/08/03
* Pocket Mode now would not start if you haven't enroll any fingerprint

2017/08/01
* May have fixed some phone-related problems

2017/07/29
* The so-called "Pocket Mode": prevent unexpected fingerprint unlocks by checking proximity sensor (Settings - Display - Prevent accidental wake-up)
* Fix the issue that Camera freezes when recording video

2017/07/28
* F2FS is no longer supported
* Fixed (and enforcing) FBE support. A full format of data partition is required for old users (backup before doing this!!)
See #133

2017/07/24
* Add support for lockscreen blur (Settings - Security - the settings icon at the right of "Screen lock" - Blur background)

2017/07/23
* Awesome slider now can also switch ringer between silent/vibrate/normal modes
* Fix an issue of slider flashlight control that the blinking flashlight stops when screen off

2017/07/22
* New, awesome slider! Switching not just notification modes, but also flashlight, brightness, rotation… Let me know your idea! (Settings - Additional buttons)

2017/07/20
* Key disabler tile - disable hardware keys temporarily when playing games, to prevent accidentally touching the home key and exit
* Xposed intergrated (needs manually install Xposed Installer to enable)

2017/07/17
* Fixed NFC!!!
* Bring back native support for sRGB and DCI-P3 (Settings - Display - LiveDisplay - Color profile)
* Fixed issue that SIM preference doesn't persist after reboots

2017/07/14
* Fixed USB DAC audio. Bluetooth audio may also been fixed - though I haven't a headset to verify it

2017/07/13
* Adjustable vibrator intensity (Settings - Sound - Other sounds - Vibrator intensity)

XDA:DevDB Information
Official MoKee MK71.2, ROM for the OnePlus 5

Contributors
chenxingyu, updateing
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: OxygenOS 4.5.14

Version Information

Created 2017-07-10
Last Updated 2017-11-26

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170708-151213.jpg
    Screenshot_20170708-151213.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 7,852
  • Screenshot_20170708-151221.jpg
    Screenshot_20170708-151221.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 7,818
  • Screenshot_20170708-151439.png
    Screenshot_20170708-151439.png
    217.9 KB · Views: 7,660
  • Screenshot_20170708-151432.jpg
    Screenshot_20170708-151432.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 7,600
  • Screenshot_20170708-151240.jpg
    Screenshot_20170708-151240.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 7,624
  • Screenshot_20170708-151309.png
    Screenshot_20170708-151309.png
    129.3 KB · Views: 7,749
  • Screenshot_20170708-151323.png
    Screenshot_20170708-151323.png
    75.5 KB · Views: 7,559
  • Screenshot_20170708-151346.png
    Screenshot_20170708-151346.png
    112 KB · Views: 7,506

nadejo

Jun 28, 2010
Asus ROG Phone 6 / 6 Pro
Data&cache f2fs working (only with latest official twrp and latest mokee build)
Playstore has issues installing multiple apps. I have to stop the playstore service for apps to install when installing more apps.

Reactions: Giansi

Giansi

Data&cache f2fs working (only with latest official twrp and latest mokee build)
Playstore has issues installing multiple apps. I have to stop the playstore service for apps to install when installing more apps.
Hey! I'm the one with data partition formatted in f2fs by twrp with no permission, remember?

Nice to hear this support f2fs! I'll give it a shot and report.

Thanks devs for this!

nadejo

Jun 28, 2010
Asus ROG Phone 6 / 6 Pro
Hey! I'm the one with data partition formatted in f2fs by twrp with no permission, remember?

Thanks devs for this!

Flash latest twrp and look if you can mount data. If yes it will work. Also cache f2fs is supported. By the way -off topic and not the right thread but lightning kernel los is working on this rom too even while f2fs on data and cache- :) let me know if you have issues installing apps over playstore. Thanks

---------- Post added at 01:43 ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 ----------

Make sure you make a copy on your Computer of all your internal data. F2fs will wipe all stuff. I know you are already on f2fs but for the rest here :) and also make sure to use the latest mokee nightly.

---------- Post added at 02:10 ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 ----------

Amaze file manager is crashing

Reactions: Giansi

chenxingyu

Jun 15, 2010
Canton, China
xingrz.me
Flash latest twrp and look if you can mount data. If yes it will work. Also cache f2fs is supported. By the way -off topic and not the right thread but lightning kernel los is working on this rom too even while f2fs on data and cache- :) let me know if you have issues installing apps over playstore. Thanks

---------- Post added at 01:43 ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 ----------

Make sure you make a copy on your Computer of all your internal data. F2fs will wipe all stuff. I know you are already on f2fs but for the rest here :) and also make sure to use the latest mokee nightly.

---------- Post added at 02:10 ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 ----------

Amaze file manager is crashing

make sure to use the latest mokee nightly

You are right, because I forgot to add F2FS support in the earliest builds. The latest is good.

Also, DO NOT downgrade MoKee because I just updated F2FS codes to the latest official linux-4.4.y line.

Reactions: Hiddenusername

chenxingyu

Jun 15, 2010
Canton, China
xingrz.me

Thanks devs for this!

You're welcome.

The F2FS is patched to the latest upstream linux-4.4.y, it may performs better than before. But remember, don't downgrade to earlier MoKee, do better not try other kernels, because their F2FS driver may be outdated and may not be compatible with the latest F2FS partition.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is... still valid?
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Hi everyone,

MoKee are on OnePlus 5 now!
    Nightly builds are launched since July 9.

# Known issues

* No

# Features

* Awesome slider, switching notification modes, flashlight, rotation and more…
    * Faster fingerprint unlock
    * Optional on-screen navigation keys
    * Swappable hardware navigation keys
    * All 13 off-screen gestures, configurable
    * Ambient display
    * Dash Charge
    * sRGB and DCI-P3 color modes
    * Adjustable vibrator intensity

# How to flash

1. Download TWRP: http://dl.twrp.me/cheeseburger
    2. Download base firmware (see below)
    3. Download MoKee: http://rom.mk/?device=cheeseburger
    4. OEM Unlock your phone, and flash the TWRP
    5. Reboot to TWRP Recovery
    6. Flash base firmware zip (not always necessary, unless you saw an error telling you to do this)
    5. Flash the system zip
    6. Done!

# Things to remind

* Custom kernels are NOT RECOMMENDED - Some of our important features are implemented in ways different from (and better than, I think) OOS. Custom kernels may breaks these features. e.g. alert slider, color profiles, etc. Our kernel is good and stable enough.
    * FBE is required. Don't try any so-called "no verify patch".

# ROM downloads

http://rom.mk/?device=cheeseburger

# Firmware downloads

https://github.com/xingrz/proprietary_vendor_oneplus_cheeseburger_radio/releases/latest

# Sources

* android_device_oneplus_cheeseburger
    * android_kernel_oneplus_msm8998
    * android_vendor_oneplus_cheeseburger

# Report a bug

Just reply this thread, I'll check every day.

# Change logs
    (Only noticeable changes will be listed here. Each nightly build may be available at about 4 a.m. GMT+8 of that day, but I may update the logs below before the build is finished.)

2017/11/26
    * Kernel is upstreamed to latest v4.4.102

2017/09/08

2017/09/01
    Got many stuffs up-to-date with LineageOS
    * Kernel rebased to Linux 4.4.52 + CAF LA.UM.5.7.r1-10500 (Thanks @codeworkx and @amartinz)
    * SDCardFS enabled
    * Fix the issue Snap camera recognized 1 more camera (Thanks to @codeworkx, again)
    * OnePlus Camera won't crash now - No no no, it's NOT preinstalled. You should find a flashable zip your self

2017/08/17
    * Awesome slider now supports switching Caffeine (aka. "Keep Awake") (Settings - Additional buttons - Use slider for: Caffeine)

2017/08/09
    * Fixed speaker issue

2017/08/04
    * Kernel is merged to CAF tag LA.UM.5.7.r1-09100-8x98.0 - of course no noticeable changes, but if it brings new bugs, let me know as soon as possible

2017/08/03
    * Pocket Mode now would not start if you haven't enroll any fingerprint

2017/08/01
    * May have fixed some phone-related problems

2017/07/29
    * The so-called "Pocket Mode": prevent unexpected fingerprint unlocks by checking proximity sensor (Settings - Display - Prevent accidental wake-up)
    * Fix the issue that Camera freezes when recording video

2017/07/28
    * F2FS is no longer supported
    * Fixed (and enforcing) FBE support. A full format of data partition is required for old users (backup before doing this!!)
    See #133

2017/07/24
    * Add support for lockscreen blur (Settings - Security - the settings icon at the right of "Screen lock" - Blur background)

2017/07/23
    * Awesome slider now can also switch ringer between silent/vibrate/normal modes
    * Fix an issue of slider flashlight control that the blinking flashlight stops when screen off

2017/07/22
    * New, awesome slider! Switching not just notification modes, but also flashlight, brightness, rotation… Let me know your idea! (Settings - Additional buttons)

2017/07/20
    * Key disabler tile - disable hardware keys temporarily when playing games, to prevent accidentally touching the home key and exit

2017/07/17
    * Fixed NFC!!!
    * Bring back native support for sRGB and DCI-P3 (Settings - Display - LiveDisplay - Color profile)

2017/07/14
    * Fixed USB DAC audio. Bluetooth audio may also been fixed - though I haven't a headset to verify it

2017/07/13
    * Adjustable vibrator intensity (Settings - Sound - Other sounds - Vibrator intensity)

XDA:DevDB Information
    Official MoKee MK71.2, ROM for the OnePlus 5

Contributors
    chenxingyu, updateing
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: OxygenOS 4.5.14

Version Information

Created 2017-07-10
    Last Updated 2017-11-26
    The upcoming 20170728 nightly build will enforce FBE enabled, and remove F2FS support.

A full format on the data partition (to EXT4) is required before updating to the later version (or you'll see Error 7). Since this build, flashing from/to H2OS or OxygenOS are no longer need to format the data (just wipe).

Q: Why remove F2FS?
    A: UFS 2.1 is good enough and no need F2FS. And it doesn't support FBE.

Q: Why FBE (File-based Encryption)?
    A: It's a bug that it wasn't enabled before. And now this bug is fixed.

Q: So what's the advantages?
    A: 1. For security; 2. New users from OOS/H2OS will no longer need to format their data partition.

Q: But what if I don't want FBE?
    A: It's enforcing. You'll get Error 7 when you're trying to flash the new build without FBE enabled. The upcoming new ROMs (including RR, LineageOS) will also require FBE-enabled. In one word, it should be enabled.

Q: How to enable FBE?
    A: Just like how you disable FBE (unencrypt) before: backup all your data (including internal storage!!!), then format your data partition, then flash MoKee 20170728 (or later). Either full zip or OTA zip is okay.

Q: Holy shxt! I don't want the fxxking FBE!! But why "Error 7"?
    A: Running a FBE-enabled ROM on a FBE-disabled phone will causes boot loops. So I added an assertion into the updater script to prevent people from flashing upcoming builds by accident. Don't do silly things.

Q: But why tonight?
    A: So that you can deal with your phone in a day less effect your work or weekend (I'm sorry for this). Remember to backup your data!
    So, there're amazing changes in tonight's build

* Fixed NFC!!!
    2017/08/17
    2017/07/22