Official kitkat for N9005

Search This thread

ValenteL

Aug 25, 2011
Espinho
when i check my csc it say's ATL , is this the correct csc code for the PHN ROM ?
No. PHN Rom have only one csc, the PHN. If You make wipe data/factory reset + cache before You must have PHN by default after this clean install.
(Not need pit file).

PS: You had ATL because Your last flash from Belgium Rom that have ATL (Spanish) by default like all Rom's VFG.csc. And You not made full wipe before You flash PHN. ATL was You default.
I QUOTE You: ok , i got a problem , the rom on sammobile is not correct , its not belgium but spain.

Last edited:
Reactions: webjunky
Anyone tested NC2 ETL (Czech Rep) ?
I suppose it is for unbranded phones and has normal pit size?
It has a new modem NC2 which should interest those having 4G speed issues.
Anyone knows if it's multi csc or ETL only? It's a NB1 csc

Edit. Seems like the csc is ETL only..

Can anyone tested this confirm the downgrade possibilitys? I mean if you can flash back NB4/NB7 over it? Is the bootloader upgraded to NC2?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ValenteL

Aug 25, 2011
Espinho
I suppose it is for unbranded phones and has normal pit size?
It has a new modem NC2 which should interest those having 4G speed issues.
Anyone knows if it's multi csc or ETL only? It's a NB1 csc

Can anyone tested this confirm the downgrade possibilitys? I mean if you can flash back NB4/NB7 over it? Is the bootloader upgraded to NC2?
I'm downloading it to see. I will make a Mod from Modem N9005XXUENC2 to include on post #11 from my Thread MIRROR's.
I will see also the csc's and include this Rom on my MEGA Mirror.

Last edited:
Reactions: mikkelrev69

ValenteL

Aug 25, 2011
Espinho

I'm downloading it to see. I will make a Mod from Modem N9005XXUENC2 to include on post #11 from my Thread MIRROR's.
I will see also the csc's
Downloaded finished: Hidden file size = 8.441 KB not need pit file. CSC only ETL whit 3 operators (T-Mobile CZ, O2 - CZ, Vodafone CZ).

EDIT: Modem XXUENC2 here: N9005-Modem-XXUENC2-RomNC2.tar.md5
https://mega.co.nz/#!tFhX0JBZ!NcS5YEtN4yAJrGAKJFJGZTUjtF5scjlUTPwhSl9Mpg8

Included on post #11 from my Thread MIRROR's.

Last edited:

webjunky

Jun 15, 2009
No. PHN Rom have only one csc, the PHN. If You make wipe data/factory reset + cache before You must have PHN by default after this clean install.
(Not need pit file).

PS: You had ATL because Your last flash from Belgium Rom that have ATL (Spanish) by default like all Rom's VFG.csc. And You not made full wipe before You flash PHN. ATL was You default.
I QUOTE You: ok , i got a problem , the rom on sammobile is not correct , its not belgium but spain.

thanks , every thing is fine now :good:

love this Rom , not overloaded with bloatweare :cool:

oxygen2k8

Sep 7, 2010
hello,
If i have N9005XXUENB3 (XEO) (CSC from Portugal) installed on my phone, what official firmware can i install?
thx!

ValenteL

Aug 25, 2011
Espinho
hello,
If i have N9005XXUENB3 (XEO) (CSC from Portugal) installed on my phone, what official firmware can i install?
thx!
I install all from SamMobile. Today installed XXUENC2 (ETL) to Czech Republic, after installed my Mod. csc TPH to Portugal from HERE post #2.
- Costumer recovery
- Root access
- SuperSU invalidate Knox
- By recovery flash the TPH Mod.
- Full wipe data + cache + dalvik to validate new CSC -> reboot, all alright XXUENC2 (TPH).

Reactions: oxygen2k8

oxygen2k8

Sep 7, 2010
I install all from SamMobile. Today installed XXUENC2 (ETL) to Czech Republic, after installed my Mod. csc TPH to Portugal from HERE post #2.
- Costumer recovery
- Root access
- SuperSU invalidate Knox
- By recovery flash the TPH Mod.
- Full wipe data + cache + dalvik to validate new CSC -> reboot, all alright XXUENC2 (TPH).

What new official firmware have multiple csc like XEO, because i dont want too root my phone yet.
Just plug in and install firmware with odint :). If u know another firmware with multiple csc just tell me pls.
:good:

ValenteL

Aug 25, 2011
Espinho
What new official firmware have multiple csc like XEO, because i dont want too root my phone yet.
Just plug in and install firmware with odint :). If u know another firmware with multiple csc just tell me pls.
:good:
All Rom's whit CSC = N9005OXX... have the TPH to Portugal. Poland XEO, France XEF, Baltic SEB, etc. but all have XEO by default. To see if You can have TPH after flash one of this Rom's make this:
Power Off. To Stock Recovery by Power + Home + Vol up. You must have a screen like this:

On top in RED:
Android System Recovery <3e>
KOT49H.N9005XXUENB4

On bottom in YELLOW:
# MANUAL MODE #
-- Appling Multi-csc...

Applied the CSC-code : TPH <--- This csc is applied from /efs/imei/mps_code.dat. TPH is good for we.
Successfully applied multi.csc

If You have here CSC-code : TPH, You can flash for example France XEF OXX and You have TPH working at end. But...
Before flash the Rom, on this Stock Recovery You must make wipe data/factory reset an wipe cache. Wipe this and flash after in Download Mode by Power + Home + Vol down then Vol up.

See here the France XEF Rom NB4 : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2643109. Poland XEO is NB3.

Take care, make a backup from internal sdcard because that wipe data/factory reset wipe it also.

See if You have Applied the CSC-code : TPH and give me feedback.

Last edited:

jdomadia

Jan 28, 2013
DUBAI/INDIA
Italy itv kitkat

Model: SM-N9005
Model name: Galaxy Note 3
Version: Android 4.4.2
Changelist: 636608
Build date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 08:24:44 +0000
Product Code: ITV
PDA: N9005XXUENB4
CSC: N9005ITVENB1
MODEM: N9005XXUENB1

jdomadia

Jan 28, 2013
DUBAI/INDIA
UK O2 Kitkat

Model: SM-N9005
Model name: Galaxy Note 3
Version: Android 4.4.2
Changelist: 636608
Build date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 08:24:44 +0000
Product Code: O2U
PDA: N9005XXUENB4
CSC: N9005O2UENB1
MODEM: N9005XXUENB1

ValenteL

Aug 25, 2011
Espinho
Official firmware will not trigger knox, but remember not to downgrade rom.
Downgrade from NB7 to NB4 we can, have Members that made this well w/out issues. It seems the last index is not important.
But from NB4 to NA4 must be (or from NB to ML). In this case the Knox Bootloader not permit the downgrade, may be.

What Your opinion?

Thanks

Last edited:

ValenteL

Aug 25, 2011
Espinho
My meaning for Downgrade linked with Knox tripe from Kitkat to Jelly Bean.
I have my notes here (I write all I make ) and on 4.3 I tried a downgrade from MJ3 to MJ1 and on ODIN the first module that is installed is the aboot.mbn, the principal from Bootloader. This one installed made a control from aboot.mbn from both's and FAIL!, not flashed anything. The aboot.mbn MJ3 not permit that a older be installed over it.
After this I had a bad screen when I tried power on. Download Mode, flashed a Customer Recovery. (If flag 0x0 stock recovery must be good).
Reboot from recovery and the MJ3 Rom start and work well, the bootloader continue MJ3. Don't spoiled anything.
My flag was 0x1 from begin of my Note3.

This is a example of mine, may be help someone.

Last edited:
Reactions: jdomadia

GDT

Mar 22, 2007
Bologna
My note 3 is unrooted (knox 0x0) Italian nobrand (ITV). I see NB4 ITV for italian users came out today. I'm currently on NB7 BTU with multiCSC (phone says ITV applied). I didn't any full wipe from 4.3 to NB3 (Poland) and NB7 but I've got some battery drainage. So I thinking about doing a full-wipe. Now... What rom should I use? Should I stay with NB7 or choose so switch to NB4 ITV?
Thanks.

FenixHR

Apr 29, 2008
Hi,

Just a question,
I have a note 3 with a GREEK rom (MJ7 - Jelly bean) and since the official kitkat greek rom don't exit, i would like to know if a can install a new rom from UK or Germany and if that trigger the knox. My phone is not root.

Regards
HR

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    XEO Region has 4.4.2, just read tweet from samsung update.:D
    Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app
    Finally update to Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM. This is Poland edition. ;) ;) ;)

Firmware: N9005XXUENA6
    Version: Android 4.4.2 - KitKat
    Product Code: XEO
    PDA: N9005XXUENA6
    CSC: N9005OXXENA5
    MODEM: N9005XXUENA2

Cauntion:
    • Phone Bootloader Update must tick at PC Odin3 v3.09, without updating the bootloader, the phone won't success boot to recovery for completing the flashing.
    • Not suitable to try out if you plan on virgin after root without tripping the KNOX as since MJ7 bootloader will trip the KNOX once root.
    • Seems no root for the moment as well, the root for leak S4 ROM not working as XDA member post, I haven't try that yet. (Edit: Root already available)
    Overall Impression:
    • Smooth! It is far better than Android 4.3, I am dirty flash. :D
    • It seems system occupied lesser RAM now, the availability now is 2.71GB :D
    • I love the new lockscreen. :D
    • New lockscreen music playback is cool also, just the cover art a bit blur due to big expand.
    • Finally Samsung remove the ugly Green color battery icon.

Some screenshot of Official Android 4.4.2 - Kitkat new features & look. ;)
    * Roboto Condense font is not include, Samsung still use it own one, mine is intact from previous setup. ;)

11924642284_c85fcff686_d.jpg
    11925045876_7f7b01bfac_d.jpg

11924445943_4ce38448e7_d.jpg
    11924177315_2c45a3d700_d.jpg

11925045096_37de99583a_d.jpg
    11925044836_2f60f8aca1_d.jpg

11924640894_ff6d14aa12_d.jpg
    11924444743_710d1679f6_d.jpg
    Simple step to install Official Poland 4.4.2 KitKat ROM:
    • Download Official Poland Single file KitKat 4.4.2 ROM.
    • Download and install Odin3 v3.09
    • Extract once the downloaded KitKat ROM.
    • Open Odin and load the firmware at AP.
    • Tick Phone Bootloader Update. See screenshot.
    • Click start and wait until it finish.

11926001444_55ee0f4dc3_b_d.jpg

Q&A:
    • What to do if I forgot tick Phone Bootloader Update and now stuck at accessing recovery screen - Take out the battery to turn of the phone, boot back to download mode and reflash the ROM and remember tick Phone Bootloader Update.
    • Is Full Wipe Required? - No and I never do that, if ain't break don't Wipe. Only wipe the phone if phone act abnormal. I did like this since I own 1st Android phone - Google Nexus One.
    • Is official Poland KitKat ROM auto wipe your phone? - No.
    • Is leak Kitkat ROM auto wipe your phone? - Yes.
    • Can I downgrade to 4.3 ROM for N9005 - No.
    • Can I install CM11 base on 4.4 KitKat for N9005 - No as CM11 still under older bootloader.
    • Is flashing different countries ROM via Odin trip the Knox - No.
    • Is rooting in KitKat trip the Knox - Yes due to new bootloader.
    • Is this Poland KitKat support Hong Kong N9005 - No, Hong Kong N9005 is not friendly with others country N9005, cannot cross flashing.
    • What to do if I accidentally flash it under Hong Kong N9005 and soft brick now - The only solution now is flashing custom recovery for KitKat (Knox trip due to custom recovery) and later flash SweetROM v7 KitKat custom ROM.
    • Can I remain Knox 0x0 with root for KitKat - Yes if you still under old bootloader (No if you already at KitKat or bootloader at MJ7 or newer) and follow step here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=49501057&postcount=389 or visit here for more in details step, 1st page post 9 - https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3099271
    Here's a quick review:

-Everything seems much faster, unlocking, settings, apps and pretty much everything - yet to notice any stutter anywhere.
    -New lockscreen options, and music player on lockscreen etc.
    -Status bar white and defaults to pure black instead of dark grey when not transparent.
    -More RAM! 2.7GB RAM available now! :)
    -Camera seems to have less problems in low lite and less blur - could be placebo.
    -Pen Window supports more apps and is much much faster!
    -No ART. (probably because it's experimental so far)
    -Excellent battery life (only did 1 drain from 100% so not sure if it gets even better).
    -Interestingly not heating as much while offering better performance.
    -Security Policy and security framework/settings redone - now allows manual updating and has it's own menu.

Probably more I missed.