[OFFICIAL] Korean Galaxy S III (SHW-M440S/SHV-E210S/K/L) Thread

Search This thread

Galactic_Jack

Nov 19, 2011
Gunsan City
No.

SHW-M440S is 3G only (not 4.4 capable)
SHV-210K is LTE enabled (4.4 capable)
GT-I9300 is the international version (4.4 capable)

Maybe there's one I'm forgetting about.

It's very difficult to do anything with SHW-M440S in my experience. Information is sparse and many apps don't have support for this fringe model (e.g. I cannot do a nandroid backup as it does not show up in the recovery menu and CMW doesn't support it.)
Also, there are very few if any custom ROMs for it.

GT-I9300 is much better imho but SHV-210K is not bad.

Last edited:

p33k

Jun 18, 2012
Busan
No.

SHW-M440S is 3G only (not 4.4 capable)
SHV-210K is LTE enabled (4.4 capable)
GT-I9300 is the international version (4.4 capable)

Maybe there's one I'm forgetting about.

It's very difficult to do anything with SHW-M440S in my experience. Information is sparse and many apps don't have support for this fringe model (e.g. I cannot do a nandroid backup as it does not show up in the recovery menu and CMW doesn't support it.)
Also, there are very few if any custom ROMs for it.

GT-I9300 is much better imho but SHV-210K is not bad.

M440s is basically a i9300. Cwm is supported. I have been using custom roms for i9300 for a long time. These days I'm just using arter kernel but he has a converter I haven't tried for i9300 kernels.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app

P4ll1n01

Nov 4, 2013
Naples
Hi bro, please can you help me with the patch? as the link you provided is no longer work :(

my experience with SHV-E210S I have a kernel that works well with version k can do so: use a cwm Philz for the recovery and install any custom rom for sg3 not FDouble restart flasha but also the kernel attached

Attachments

• arter97-kernel-2.1.1.zip
    17.3 MB · Views: 207
Reactions: sarry86

sarry86

Oct 18, 2012
Arusha
my experience with SHV-E210S I have a kernel that works well with version k can do so: use a cwm Philz for the recovery and install any custom rom for sg3 not FDouble restart flasha but also the kernel attached

Thanks brother, just ussd issue here, only that is the remaining problem, how can i fix that?? :rolleyes:

P4ll1n01

Nov 4, 2013
Naples
Thanks brother, just ussd issue here, only that is the remaining problem, how can i fix that?? :rolleyes:
I do not understand what your problem unfortunately USSD?
: cyclops:

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

Read this thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s3/help/ussd-code-running-t2003633

ololof

Jul 14, 2014
I brought my e210s back to Sweden and today, about a month later it tried to update the software. I accepted but now it gets stuck in the boot screen, Anyone had these problems?

I suspect I have to "flash a stock firmware" into it, but I'm not quite sure how to go about doing that.

elvismsmarta

Dec 15, 2013
I brought my e210s back to Sweden and today, about a month later it tried to update the software. I accepted but now it gets stuck in the boot screen, Anyone had these problems?

I suspect I have to "flash a stock firmware" into it, but I'm not quite sure how to go about doing that.

get the stock firmware from this link Oops still a newbie and i cant post the link.search samsung updates live on google and querry your device modem.Download the firmware then you can flash it using ODIN. There are plenty of tutorials on how to go about it. :good:

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

I have the SHV-E210s device on 4.3 buid numeber: JSS15J.E210SKSUGND1 i can't seem to find the sim toolkit menu on this one.I have tried to activate the sim pin but nothing.In our country we use the sim toolkit for daily mobile money transactions.How can i solve this problem, USSD is working and i have managed to access the hidden menu to solve network problems.I have tried to install the Simtoolkit APK from another galaxy s3 which is running successfully but it failed after i tried on my phone.When i explore my applications it shows Sim Toolkit 0.00B

Chanaka2014

Sep 17, 2014
Call drop SHV-E210L

Download "SKT Hidden Menu" app from Google Play and change the network settings. I too had same problem of call drop, but its because of GSM/WCDMA switching. I made it to GSM ALL and it fixed the problem.

This solved my problem of call droping in my e210s korean samsung version.

Thank you[/QUOTE]

Hello, I have a SHV-E210L phone and it also has call drop problem. Can you help me... Because this app is not working in my model.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

Hello,

Does anyone know any method to clear flash counter on SHV-E210L phone? Now phone shows counter as 82.

I have tried Traingle away V2.35 and it damged phone touch. I am going to replace the screen. But before that i need to reset flash counter.

Versions below 2.35 is not working and versions upper 2.35 is not supporting. Can someone please help me :rolleyes:

Chanaka2014

Sep 17, 2014
difference between LCD in Galaxy S3 international & Korean

Hi All,

I have done a serious mistake by installin Trainge Away V2.35. I try to reset the flash counter from that and it damaged to touch function on my Galaxy S3 (SHV-E210L).

I know it is very difficult to replace digitizer only. So my idea is to replace the LCD + Digitizer. Can some one tell me the differences of LCD in GT-I9300 and SHV-E210L?

Can I use GT-I9300 LCD for SHV-E210L?

vinura kithmal

Dec 15, 2012
Colombo
what is the different original S3 or korean s3 screen quality same...

Korean phones got the best chipset and performance are high
GT-i9300 and shv-e210s/k relased almost like same day but SHV-E210s/k have LTE+32GB internal memory+2GB ram
so korean device is totally better :)

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

Hi All,

I have done a serious mistake by installin Trainge Away V2.35. I try to reset the flash counter from that and it damaged to touch function on my Galaxy S3 (SHV-E210L).

I know it is very difficult to replace digitizer only. So my idea is to replace the LCD + Digitizer. Can some one tell me the differences of LCD in GT-I9300 and SHV-E210L?

Can I use GT-I9300 LCD for SHV-E210L?

Yes u can :)

Reactions: Chanaka2014

Chanaka2014

Sep 17, 2014
Korean phones got the best chipset and performance are high
GT-i9300 and shv-e210s/k relased almost like same day but SHV-E210s/k have LTE+32GB internal memory+2GB ram
so korean device is totally better :)

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

Yes u can :)

thank you... :good:

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone