[OFFICIAL] Korean Galaxy S III (SHW-M440S/SHV-E210S/K/L) Thread

Search This thread

alpinotheoriginal

Apr 19, 2011
SKRT-E210L-Donkey-V8.2.1_signed.zip cant download from Pan.baidu.com

SKRT-E210L-Donkey-V8.2.1_signed.zip

I need help. I cant download above file from pan.baidu.com website. it always gives error 404.
Please give me anyother link to download this file or any mirror.
Also please suggest any better rom for shv e210L ?
Thanks in advance

ClarkOwen

Oct 5, 2013
Flashing stock I9300 firmware on SHW M440S possible?

So I have a S3 and I am totally not sure if its the original I9300 or SHW M440S... I have flashed stock I9300 4.3 firmware and the result was a laggy firmware and my phone kept rebooting. I wasnt the first to own this phone, my uncle did and he said he just flashed the old i9300 4.3 firmware and the problem has occured which is a broken camera (cant connect to camera), not working speakers and headphone jack and mic...
Normally I would just get it fixed but.. Because of the broken cam, speakers and mic, my youtube or any online streaming videos does not load and mp3 musics dont play as the player apps force close when i press play...
Again, a broken hardware does not affect the software so I am not sure if it is really the hardware or I just flashed the wrong kernel on the wrong phone.

Has anyone ever tried to flash a I9300 4.3 official firmware on a S3 SHW M440S?
Did you get the same result as I did?
Do you recommend me to flash a SHW M440S firmware on my s3 just to check? Will it not brick my phone?

Please help me out..
Thanks and God Bless :D

usernamerex

Jul 14, 2013
Quezon City
To fix drop calls (works for me here in Philippines using shv-e210s)
Dial *#9090#
Service Mode / Diagnostic Configuration would open
Go to Band Selection then choose [1]2G_RAT_Enable
Go Back
Go to NetworkMode Set then choose [2]GSM_Enable
END

Hello, I have a SHV-E210L phone and it also has call drop problem. Can you help me... Because this app is not working in my model.

Thanks

baez1320

Sep 11, 2011
Phone in USA

Hi, I want to know if anyone of you guys are using this phone in the USA (SHV-E210S) because someone is selling me this model. I live in the Caribbean so I assume the phone will work in my country if it does in USA because we have the same standards (frequencies,etc.) I have been reading about the call drop problem or the sim toolkit not working on other countries so I would know if this problem happens in US territories. I always use Samsung official firmware so, can I update this phone to the official 4.4.4 firmware without any problem? If I can achieve that, could I root the device on Kit Kat? I have read the rooting guide but I'm not sure if I can do that with last firmware installed. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

doronf81

Nov 22, 2014
Hi need help with shv-e210L

hello everyone
i got secend hand korean rooted galaxy s3: shv-e210l
i had lots of problems with the 4.4.4 klukni3 rom (gps signal, data and phone signal, language) so i flashed on it another rom: 4.3 e210lKLUGMJA
now the language and the gps are excelent but i still have problems with the phone signal: i have lots of call drops and loss of signal. what can i do?
may be i need to change modem / radio / baseband version?
help will be apreshiated!

nmka0601

Sep 26, 2013
E210l new custom rons with link

Hi XDA, it's 2015 and of course the roms in the first post are too old....
So I desided to share some 4.4 moded roms with links. I have not tested this roms, because I don't have the device.
1. S5 Themed 4.4.4
Developer: Da Cunha or Troungtan i don't know......
Link http://www.version.mn/sos/android/42-e210ls5.html
Links are under the screenshots
Fisrt flash the CWm then install the via CWM......
2. Note 4 Themed 4.4.4
Developer: Same as the first Troungtan
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q13L_F4OU_E
Dowload link in the video description....
3. Another Note 4 Themed 4.4.4
Check this out!!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s3/general/rom-d-rom-note4-t3005270

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

Your 3G/LTE won't turn on even if you're set up the APN correctly?
Try this: go to your apn settings> on APN Type write default and save.... It must turn on....

Reactions: jkamz

whalefish1

Feb 25, 2015
shv-e210 3g problem

I think pdadb.net has the wrong frequencies listed...

Sent from my SHV-E210S using Tapatalk 2

I am having a similar issue. Have you been able to resolve your problems? I am new to this site and I haven't been able to find an answer by sifting through the various threads.

I bought an shv-e210s while I was living in Korea. I brought it back to the US and have been using it on AT&T's network. Up until a couple months ago it worked fine. (It had a few issues with the general setup of voicemail, etc. but nothing major). I think AT&T may have updated things on their system (Or so their workers at the average store say) and 3g no longer works. I have been searching for a fix. They said that I needed to upgrade. So I went from 4.4.2 to 4.4.4 through Kies. I have also gone into the secret SKT menu and tried various options for the network settings. I have also tested every APN setting I have come across. I also noticed that my data roaming option is no longer available. It is greyed out and I cannot select/unselect it.

As you can see in the screenshot attached, it shows 3g is 'connected' but it doesn't actually let me go online. The up arrow is lighting up but the down stays dark. I guess it is able to upload data, but not download? My web browser just hangs if I try to search for something. Also, I thought AT&T was GSM, but if I select any GSM options in the networks settings it has no connection?

A side question of anyone can answer... why/what does it do to convert an shv-e210s to the gti9300? I have come across this a number of times in my search, but I don't understand what this does?

Thanks for any help you can give!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-24-18-06-25.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-24-18-06-25.png
    119.6 KB · Views: 236

ewil1337

Sep 28, 2012
I hope I'm posting in the correct thread.

I purchased a SHV-E210K from South Korea, off of ebay, that has already been unlocked and installed with android version 4.4.4 . I bought it with the intent of using it with my Straight Talk service (I currently have a SIM BYOP system I'm using).
Right off the bat the phone works great (as in no freezing up, unexpected oddities, etc), except with the SIM card in it, it simply says "Failed to register with network", and I can't access anything - no calls, no data service, nada. I was under the impression it would just work with me popping in the SIM card, but guess I didn't do my research sufficiently...
Can anyone tell me what I need to change/do in order to get this working correctly here in the USA?

Thanks!

SrB4u

Mar 24, 2015
$G not connecting on SHV-E210K device

Hi

Do you guys have any idea that why 4G is not connecting on my SHV-E210K device? I bought this device from Korea and using it in Delhi, India with Airtel 4G connection.

Do you guys can suggests any workaround for this? I have tried using the hidden menu, but it didn't work.

Please read the title as "4G not connecting on SHV-E210K device"

Thanks
Saurabh

Just want to say thanks to everyone sharing the information about networks in different countries.
This is great!

If you want, you can send me a PM and tell me your
Country
Carrier
and what networks you connected to.......if you had to do anything special, give me the instructions (hidden menu, etc...) and I will post the information in the OP.
Ill make a list and give the data, make it much easier for people in the future.

Thanks so much people!

***Also, what version you are using ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: berbaki

Safraaz

Sep 28, 2015
How to activate conference call

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

How to activate conference cal in korean samsun galaxy s3?.pleez help me.i canot find the conference butten in the cal scree.ï

Safre

Dec 2, 2012
How to activate conference call

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

How to activate conference cal in korean samsun galaxy s3?.pleez help me.i canot find the conference butten in the cal scree.ï

While in a normal call, press the menu button and chose "add call".

Sent from my SHV-E210S using Tapatalk

Reactions: krimokhoya

jkamz

Oct 19, 2013
nairobi, kenya
Anyone have winmack N4V4 ROM password

Winmack sells rom. I don't think you will get password.

There are many good roms out there bro

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

can i flash i9305 firmware on e210k ?

No you will brick your device

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

I hope I'm posting in the correct thread.

I purchased a SHV-E210K from South Korea, off of ebay, that has already been unlocked and installed with android version 4.4.4 . I bought it with the intent of using it with my Straight Talk service (I currently have a SIM BYOP system I'm using).
Right off the bat the phone works great (as in no freezing up, unexpected oddities, etc), except with the SIM card in it, it simply says "Failed to register with network", and I can't access anything - no calls, no data service, nada. I was under the impression it would just work with me popping in the SIM card, but guess I didn't do my research sufficiently...
Can anyone tell me what I need to change/do in order to get this working correctly here in the USA?

Thanks!

Is you imei ok?

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

Hi XDA, it's 2015 and of course the roms in the first post are too old....
So I desided to share some 4.4 moded roms with links. I have not tested this roms, because I don't have the device.
1. S5 Themed 4.4.4
Developer: Da Cunha or Troungtan i don't know......
Link http://www.version.mn/sos/android/42-e210ls5.html
Links are under the screenshots
Fisrt flash the CWm then install the via CWM......
2. Note 4 Themed 4.4.4
Developer: Same as the first Troungtan
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q13L_F4OU_E
Dowload link in the video description....
3. Another Note 4 Themed 4.4.4
Check this out!!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s3/general/rom-d-rom-note4-t3005270

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

Your 3G/LTE won't turn on even if you're set up the APN correctly?
Try this: go to your apn settings> on APN Type write default and save.... It must turn on....

nice job man

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone