[OFFICIAL][LATEST][RECOVERY] TWRP 3.2.1 for Elephone P9000

Search This thread

Ruben Craveiro

Feb 18, 2015
Lisboa
[OFFICIAL ][RECOVERY] [20-08-2017] TWRP 3.2.3-0 - TeamWin Recovery Project

8WqRK.jpg

WHAT IS TWRP?

Team Win Recovery Project is a custom recovery for Android devices.
It allows you to back up and restore your data, flash custom ROMs to your device, repair broken file systems, and root your device.

Read more about TWRP here: https://twrp.me/about/

What's new in 3.2.1-0:

* minui fixes (cryptomilk) * Better android-8.0 compatibility in ROM trees (Dees_Troy) * Fix missing library in android-8.0 (nkk71) * Fix inconsistent SDCard naming (DevUt) * Default to TWRP restore instead of adb backup restore to fix restore on fresh TWRP boot (jlask)

INSTALLATION:
Most devices can be updated quickly and easily within TWRP if you already have version 2.8.4.0 or higher installed
1) Download the latest version above
2) Reboot to TWRP
3) Hit Install and tap the "Install Image" button in the lower right
4) Browse to the location of the TWRP image on your device and select it
5) Select recovery from the partition list and swipe to flash

To install from SP Flash Tools:
1) Download scatter file attached to this post
2) Load scatter file into SPFT
3) Plug USB cable into device and computer
4) Press download in SPFT
5) Reboot device

To install from offical TWRP App (Requires a rooted device.)
1) Download Official TWRP App from playstore
2) Choose the device (elephone P9000 -- p9000)
3) Install it

BUGS:
If you have an issue, the first step is to post a recovery log so we can determine the cause of the issue. This is done in recovery using Advanced -> Copy Log, or adb pull /tmp/recovery.log. Once a log is uploaded we can determine how best to proceed.

Other Projects:

Make sure to also check my dualbooting guide here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/elephone-p9000/how-to/guide-dualboot-patcher-t3608213

Thanks to:
(me) Ruben Craveiro
bigbiff
Dees_Troy
Leskal
Deepflex
Tribual

XDA:DevDB Information
[OFFICIAL][LATEST][RECOVERY] TWRP 3.2.1 for Elephone P9000, Tool/Utility for the Elephone P9000

Contributors
Ruben Craveiro

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 3.2.1
Stable Release Date: 2017-08-10

Device Tree
[url]https://github.com/Ruben7173/android_device_elephone_p9000[/URL]

Created 2017-08-20
Last Updated 2018-06-03

Last edited:

TheMRK

Jun 29, 2017
Great work, however, I can't find it in twrp app from playstore. Will this be updated soon?

What's the difference between an installation from twrp-App and flashtools?

Reactions: Gitanitos

Ruben Craveiro

Feb 18, 2015
Lisboa
Great work, however, I can't find it in twrp app from playstore. Will this be updated soon?

currently due to an error i made while uploading our device info i set the file to go over to twrp main page, i have already sent out a fix but needs review once its approved, it should be up and running to work with the app

Last edited:

TheMRK

Jun 29, 2017
currently due to an error i made while uploading our device info i set the file to go over to twrp main page, i have already sent out a fix but needs review once its approved, it should be up and running to work with the app

That's good news. ;)
But again, what's the difference between an installation of twrp from its app and via flashtools. Is it in the end the same? Or do you recommend one of both methods?

Ruben Craveiro

Feb 18, 2015
Lisboa
That's good news. ;)
But again, what's the difference between an installation of twrp from its app and via flashtools. Is it in the end the same? Or do you recommend one of both methods?
If you already have root, i recommend the app, since its an easier to way to download, install/update the recovery, but if you dont have root you need at least once to install it from flash tools, since the app is not an option yet for the moment(its not on devices list, but you can manually install it), you can download the image and flash it through the app (if you have root, that is) if you dont have roog you need to use flash tools

Reactions: TheMRK

tonivet

Sep 2, 2015
I have P9000 with Nougat on it, version Elephone_P9000_20170418 and I'm trying to install TWRP 3.0.2 with SPFlash Tool, I only check recovery and flash it, but when I start the phone in recovery mod displays only show "no command". Is there any scatter file for this version, and what should I do to flash it through SPFlash Tool?

Ruben Craveiro

Feb 18, 2015
Lisboa
I have P9000 with Nougat on it, version Elephone_P9000_20170418 and I'm trying to install TWRP 3.0.2 with SPFlash Tool, I only check recovery and flash it, but when I start the phone in recovery mod displays only show "no command". Is there any scatter file for this version, and what should I do to flash it through SPFlash Tool?
Any scatter file from one of our stock roms should do the trick, just put it alongside the downloaded twrp image, and flash it, also twrp 3.0.2 is not official, unlike this one, this one will be able to be updated directly through the twrp app once the issue is fixed.

Ruben Craveiro

Feb 18, 2015
Lisboa
Without root then or is it always required for this app?
the app will always require root, but you can always use magisk with the certification bug fix and magisk hide so that you can have the device certified and still be rooted. (if you dont know what certification is used for, its to allways allow the usage of android pay)

Reactions: TheMRK

CrimsonWind

Aug 23, 2017
Good day!

My apologies as I am new to this, but I can't seem to find the link to the scatter file that you mention. Could you help me, please?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the trouble.

Stylogey

Oct 13, 2016
You can try to compare your sources with those of Jonny. The TWRP versions which he build worked for me.

Edit: I tried to fix it by myself and after I used another kernel (Darksense kernel) as prebuild kernel it worked.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [OFFICIAL ][RECOVERY] [20-08-2017] TWRP 3.2.3-0 - TeamWin Recovery Project

8WqRK.jpg

WHAT IS TWRP?

Team Win Recovery Project is a custom recovery for Android devices.
    It allows you to back up and restore your data, flash custom ROMs to your device, repair broken file systems, and root your device.

Read more about TWRP here: https://twrp.me/about/

What's new in 3.2.1-0:

* minui fixes (cryptomilk) * Better android-8.0 compatibility in ROM trees (Dees_Troy) * Fix missing library in android-8.0 (nkk71) * Fix inconsistent SDCard naming (DevUt) * Default to TWRP restore instead of adb backup restore to fix restore on fresh TWRP boot (jlask)

INSTALLATION:
    Most devices can be updated quickly and easily within TWRP if you already have version 2.8.4.0 or higher installed
    1) Download the latest version above
    2) Reboot to TWRP
    3) Hit Install and tap the "Install Image" button in the lower right
    4) Browse to the location of the TWRP image on your device and select it
    5) Select recovery from the partition list and swipe to flash

To install from SP Flash Tools:
    1) Download scatter file attached to this post
    2) Load scatter file into SPFT
    3) Plug USB cable into device and computer
    4) Press download in SPFT
    5) Reboot device

To install from offical TWRP App (Requires a rooted device.)
    1) Download Official TWRP App from playstore
    2) Choose the device (elephone P9000 -- p9000)
    3) Install it

BUGS:
    If you have an issue, the first step is to post a recovery log so we can determine the cause of the issue. This is done in recovery using Advanced -> Copy Log, or adb pull /tmp/recovery.log. Once a log is uploaded we can determine how best to proceed.

Other Projects:

Make sure to also check my dualbooting guide here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/elephone-p9000/how-to/guide-dualboot-patcher-t3608213

Thanks to:
    (me) Ruben Craveiro
    bigbiff
    Dees_Troy
    Leskal
    Deepflex
    Tribual

XDA:DevDB Information
    [OFFICIAL][LATEST][RECOVERY] TWRP 3.2.1 for Elephone P9000, Tool/Utility for the Elephone P9000

Contributors
    Ruben Craveiro

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.2.1
    Stable Release Date: 2017-08-10

Device Tree
    [url]https://github.com/Ruben7173/android_device_elephone_p9000[/URL]

Created 2017-08-20
    Last Updated 2018-06-03

That's good news. ;)
    If you already have root, i recommend the app, since its an easier to way to download, install/update the recovery, but if you dont have root you need at least once to install it from flash tools, since the app is not an option yet for the moment(its not on devices list, but you can manually install it), you can download the image and flash it through the app (if you have root, that is) if you dont have roog you need to use flash tools
    Without root then or is it always required for this app?
    the app will always require root, but you can always use magisk with the certification bug fix and magisk hide so that you can have the device certified and still be rooted. (if you dont know what certification is used for, its to allways allow the usage of android pay)
    Its updated, now its available on twrp app

That's great. I've just checked with my device and can verify it works well. Thanks for your efforts. :)