• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[OFFICIAL]LineageOS 14.1 for ZTE Axon 7

Search This thread

deepasadish

Apr 15, 2013
LOVE THIS ROM
If you are on the fence about installing a rom, do it!

I have always wanted LineageOS but could never really trust it for stability. The warranty is up on my phone so I went ahead and tried it.

Root your phone with the easy root method. Imstall twrp with the LineageOS instructions. Install the prerquisites from the first post here. Install LineageOS version 20180620. I'm on it and I've begun to trust it more than stock.

Lastly, get Magisk. Have it fix the Android secure thing. Check to hide the play store and Google play. And any other root sensitive apps like Uverse. It works PERFECTLY at hiding root.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for this.

thanks for the feedback. i am planning to install this rom as well.

can you tell me whether safetynet passes for you - on pure lineage without root.
do apps like android pay, bank apps, netflix, all work properly?
thanks.

ackliph

Jan 19, 2010
Little Rock

can you tell me whether safetynet passes for you - on pure lineage without root.
thanks.

I didn't test right after I installed. I installed, then rooted with LOS's root, then unrooted, and it would not work. I then rooted with Magisk and it finally worked. I couldn't tell you if it works with a clean install, but I don't think so. I think you have to Magisk it.

lllGurulll

Mar 28, 2011
Did you try re-flashing the bootstack as well?
Yes. But only on the third reinstall.

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

Can you try phone calling with a headset?
What happens when using a messenger like Skype or WhatsApp calling?

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 4 mit Tapatalk
I've only used Skype but when I use that, rarely, I am using it with the speakerphone anyway as I only use that for video calls. I never use headphones on calls, but I'll try it to see what happens.

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

thanks.
Those only work if you have magisk

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

Can you try phone calling with a headset?
What happens when using a messenger like Skype or WhatsApp calling?

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 4 mit Tapatalk
Just tried with a headset and it's loud all the time. Won't let me turn the volume lower at all. Already at lowest in call setting.

It's so frustrating because I love this build but the in call volume issue is making it nearly impossible to stick with it. Would prefer not having to return to stock again if this can be resolved.

Last edited:

lllGurulll

Mar 28, 2011
What is the next best rom to lineage? Just looking for something closer to the same functionality. I don't really want to install several if there is one that is a close second.

bkores

Aug 12, 2016
Staten Island, NY
Um, LOS is AOSP as well. Last time I checked, AEX uses LOS as base. Hence why the device list is basically identical and almost every thread for AEX lists or gives thanks to LOS. Most AOSP roms are lineage (previously CM) based...

AEX is AOSP + customization
LOS is AOSP

AEX may use commits from LOS but it is NOT based on it. It says so on their website (see screenshot). LOS is based on AOSP, but it also has a huge amount of its own code on top of it and is notoriously not completely stable.

Attachments

• Screenshot_Samsung_Internet_Beta_20180710-131145.jpg
    Screenshot_Samsung_Internet_Beta_20180710-131145.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 992
Last edited:

sauerkraut17

Sep 8, 2016
AEX may use commits from LOS but it is NOT based on it. It says so on their website (see screenshot). LOS is based on AOSP, but it also has a huge amount of its own code on top of it and is notoriously not completely stable.

Pretty darn sure NFound used OrdenKrieger's entire LOS 15 tree to put together AEX for the Axon 7 (search and you'll find one of them saying this)......

bkores

Aug 12, 2016
Staten Island, NY
Pretty darn sure NFound used OrdenKrieger's (search and you'll find one of them saying this) entire LOS 15 tree to put together AEX for the Axon 7, but believe what you want.

OrdenKrieger's tree is the B12 source that ZTE gave him, not Lineage. He built LOS 15 based on the B12 source.

Even if you don't believe me, test it yourself. AEX is much more stable for me than LOS ever was.

Last edited:

sauerkraut17

Sep 8, 2016
OrdenKrieger's tree is the B12 source that ZTE gave him, not Lineage. He built LOS 15 based on the B12 source.

Even if you don't believe me, test it yourself. AEX is much more stable for me than LOS ever was.

I have tested it and no thanks, I prefer a clean rom that inst a mismatch of features (i'll never use) taken from everything else and shoved into one (can you really even call that AOSP anymore? if so I guess Samsung Experience is nothing more than Samsung's very own AOSP extended).

Care to explain why AEX for the Axon 7 has the call bug which was introduced by LOS team when they made stereo work. I mean seriously, its not just a coincidence that AEX shares the same LOS bug unless one is using the other as its base.

bkores

Aug 12, 2016
Staten Island, NY
I have tested it and no thanks, I prefer a clean rom that inst a mismatch of features (i'll never use) taken from everything else and shoved into one (can you really even call that AOSP anymore? if so I guess Samsung Experience is nothing more than Samsung's very own AOSP extended).

Care to explain why AEX for the Axon 7 has the call bug which was introduced by LOS team when they made stereo work. I mean seriously, its not just a coincidence that AEX shares the same LOS bug unless one is using the other as its base.

I don't have the call bug on AEX or LOS 15.1, but I did have it on LOS 14.1. I haven't seen anyone complain about this in the AEX thread for the Oreo version.

Last edited:

parmar.saab

Jun 7, 2008
Punjab
Guys, I am running 14.1 on my A2017U with the modem shown in the attachment. I travel a lot and get LOTS of signal drops. Is there a newer/better modem available for me to flash?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180713-210027.png
    Screenshot_20180713-210027.png
    191.6 KB · Views: 399

merck01

Apr 11, 2018
Lake Orion
Other ROMS

You should find the build number in Settings > About phone. The short build numbers you may see around here, like B09 or B35, or the longer forms like 1.2.0B09, refer to the Android builds made available by ZTE. If your phone has LineageOS on it, those ZTE builds are not relevant to you. LineageOS build numbers tend to be a longer string, starting with the word lineage. However, the LOS builds are instead normally identified by date - in your case 20180503. (They come out weekly, although for historical reasons LOS call them nightlies.)

Thanks for the answer.
Being that ZTE Builds(B09 or B12..ect.) are not relevant how would I go about trying different ROMS that say they are made for a B12 Build or what not? I have been looking to try the LOS 15 build, but would also like to try Nfounds Havoc or AEX. His says its for build B12. Is it possible to do these types on mine? I'm cautious and don't want to end up with no working phone. Thanks again for all support.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    f2gAFBe.png

Lineage OS

About Lineage OS:

Lin·e·age
    /ˈlinēij/
    noun
    1. lineal descent from an ancestor; ancestry or pedigree.
    2. a sequence of species each of which is considered to have evolved from its predecessor.

Disclaimer:
    LineageOS (Lineage Android Distribution) members or anyone else on this website is not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.

Warning:
    This ROM will not work on devices that have not installed the N Bootloader and approriate Modem package below. You must have an unlocked
    bootloader as well! Failure to do so could lead to an unrecoverable bricked device.

Instructions:
    1. Install the Universal bootloader and your model specific modem.Failure to do so will not allow flashing the ROM!
    2. Update recovery [Recommended -> Official TWRP for Axon7
    3. Factory reset if coming from another ROM.
    4. Install ROM
    5. Install GApps (optionally) [Recommended -> Open GApps (arm64) (7.1) 2017-02-01 or Newer

What is CAF?
    codeaurora.org
    Code Aurora Forum, a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project, is a consortium of companies with projects serving the mobile wireless industry. The projects provide the tested code needed to bring innovative, performance optimized, open source based products to market and also serves as a staging area for code that is submitted to upstream projects such as the kernel and Android. Code Aurora Forum welcomes the participation of projects for multiple architectures. QuIC, as one of the members of Code Aurora Forum, provides support for Qualcomm hardware via the code it contributes to Code Aurora Forum. Code Aurora Forum also mirrors key upstream projects for use by the community.

Sources, Changes, & Wiki:
    Source | Changes | Axon 7 Wiki | Lineage OS

Download:
    Universal Bootloader and Modem packages for A2017, A2017G, and A2017U
    Lineage Official Weekly Builds
    Lineage Unofficial Builds
    -----------------------------------------------------

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 14.1 for ZTE Axon 7, ROM for the ZTE Axon 7

Contributors
    Unjustified Dev, DrakenFX, tdm
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Nougat Bootloader+Modem
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 2017-02-01
    Beta Release Date: 2017-02-01

Created 2017-01-27
    Last Updated 2017-03-28
    Fingerprint sensor on the way thanks to ZTE for figuring out the issue...
    Just because we're quiet doesn't mean we aren't working. We want something stable and we're pretty darn close.Screenshot_Settings_20180504-044915.jpg

Sent from my G8142 using Tapatalk
    Questions and Answers

Q. I hate you and your unstable LineageOS. I want to go back to stock could I?
    A. Sure, just make sure to use the full firmware zip from ZTE

Q. I have a Chinese model. Could I install this ROM?
    A. No, we don't have access to the updated bootloader and modem. We have added checks to prevent installing on older firmware
    A.Yes, ZTE has provided an up to date modem compatible with B15 firmware