• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[OFFICIAL]LineageOS 14.1 for ZTE Axon 7

Search This thread

gld59

Dec 7, 2017
Being that ZTE Builds(B09 or B12..ect.) are not relevant how would I go about trying different ROMS that say they are made for a B12 Build or what not? I have been looking to try the LOS 15 build, but would also like to try Nfounds Havoc or AEX. His says its for build B12. Is it possible to do these types on mine? I'm cautious and don't want to end up with no working phone. Thanks again for all support.

The other ROMs might be built *from* particular ZTE builds, but are not "for" them. They don't run on the ZTE version of Android itself which may currently be on your phone, they *replace* it.

There would be other bits and pieces included in/with the official ZTE builds, however, which those other ROMs don't replace. The most important one I can think of is the radio / baseband module - as a general rule I'd be inclined to update (if necessary) to the latest ZTE build for your country, before changing from a ZTE build to another ROM.

Last edited:

still_living

Jun 20, 2017
Anyone able to play brawl stars on the latest official build with magisk hidden?
My game seems to be stuck at 50% with "connecting to server" message.
One of my other friends can play the game with no problems but his phone is not rooted.

jawz101

You can try installing the Oreo modem referenced in the LineageOS 15.1 thread. Even the bootstack as well. I just did so myself so I wouldn't be lying to you.

The only difference you will have to do is there is a safety check in the LineageOS installer zip that confirms the trustzone version presently in your device to make sure it is at the version they suggest in the respective thread.

Consequently, the over the air updates can't work and to update each time a new 14.1 weekly is released you will need to edit the update script file in the zip at meta-inf/com/Google/Android and delete the line that says assert(axon7.verify_trustzone("TZ.BF.4.0.1-....

Then pack the zip back up and install. If you don't the zip will fail to install because of the check it performs.

merck01

Apr 11, 2018
Lake Orion
Already on Nonstock ROM

The other ROMs might be built *from* particular ZTE builds, but are not "for" them. They don't run on the ZTE version of Android itself which may currently be on your phone, they *replace* it.

There would be other bits and pieces included in/with the official ZTE builds, however, which those other ROMs don't replace. The most important one I can think of is the radio / baseband module - as a general rule I'd be inclined to update (if necessary) to the latest ZTE build for your country, before changing from a ZTE build to another ROM.

Thank you for the information some is enlightening. I should apologize as I did not mention that I am already using a "not stock" ZTE/MiUI build (currently on LOS 14.1) What I'm not certain of is what my options are toward another custom ROM when I no longer show a designated Build (as in B12, B25...ect.) These are not shown on my device with the current Official LOS 14.1 build installed. As mentioned, I am curious, but cautious. Reading through some of the other Custom Rom threads, I see where you can make a mistake and have less than 100% use of your device. (I've read too many pitfalls to mention) . I am considering taking the leap toward an Oreo based Rom, as there are quite a few that already look amazing (Nfound, Havoc, AEX or even LOS 15. I am just trying to ensure that I land on my feet with a non-bricked device. Would I have to somehow flash back to a Stock setup(which I am unsure of which one mine would be, since I purchased this device BL/Unlocked, Rooted and LOS 14.1 on it) before taking on the challenge of a different Custom ROM. Thanks again for the insight. Thank you to all who contribute to helping the lesser informed. I am able to do updates of Nightly's without cringing too much now, because of the help here.

parmar.saab

Jun 7, 2008
Punjab
You can try installing the Oreo modem referenced in the LineageOS 15.1 thread. Even the bootstack as well. I just did so myself so I wouldn't be lying to you.

The only difference you will have to do is there is a safety check in the LineageOS installer zip that confirms the trustzone version presently in your device to make sure it is at the version they suggest in the respective thread.

Consequently, the over the air updates can't work and to update each time a new 14.1 weekly is released you will need to edit the update script file in the zip at meta-inf/com/Google/Android and delete the line that says assert(axon7.verify_trustzone("TZ.BF.4.0.1-....

Then pack the zip back up and install. If you don't the zip will fail to install because of the check it performs.

Thanks for the detailed response. But I was hoping for a Nougat based modem as this process will complicate the update process.

jawz101

Thanks for the detailed response. But I was hoping for a Nougat based modem as this process will complicate the update process.

The latest Nougat is the one in the original post, I believe. If I recall, I don't think it changed among the few stock OTA updates and we never really kept a good list of all of them as they were released. I tried on another thread but it wasn't really a popular thread.

Regardless, you could try just updating the modem and it probably won't require that fiddling with the update zips. I just don't know if you have to have both to play well. I'd just download both the Nougat and Oreo modems and bootloaders (4 files total) and just install the Oreo modem. If things don't boot up you can just switch back to the Nougat one. Regardless, you'd at least have both sets on your sdcard to work with. Personally, I've kept both sets and a copy of both LineageOS 14 and 15, along with a copy of each opengapps on my sdcard to mess around with.

emepher

Jul 28, 2010
LG V50 ThinQ
Anyone able to play brawl stars on the latest official build with magisk hidden?
My game seems to be stuck at 50% with "connecting to server" message.
One of my other friends can play the game with no problems but his phone is not rooted.

I don't know what this game is, but I do know you already created a whole new thread for this same question. Anyway, maybe try reinstalling the game, or re-flash your backup or an older build.

Reactions: still_living

still_living

Jun 20, 2017
I don't know what this game is, but I do know you already created a whole new thread for this same question. Anyway, maybe try reinstalling the game, or re-flash your backup or an older build.
Thanks man sorry about that not many people read the questions and answers section for this phone that's why.
It seems the game is locked for rooted phones for now and magisk hide can't help.
Thanks for your suggestions. Ciao

gld59

Dec 7, 2017
Would I have to somehow flash back to a Stock setup(which I am unsure of which one mine would be, since I purchased this device BL/Unlocked, Rooted and LOS 14.1 on it) before taking on the challenge of a different Custom ROM.

No, you don't have to go back to stock. I can't help with any of the details related to other ROMs, but any you flash just replaces the one that's already there - it doesn't matter which one that is.

Reactions: merck01

Infy_AsiX

Feb 13, 2012
Brisbane
When I had Lineage OS 14.1 on my Axon 7 a few months ago my Daydream was very jittery. Has anyone used a Daydream with the latest or a recent build? Is it still the same?
One reason I'm dual booting to LOS14.1 is for fully working Daydream, that functions better than stock in fact.

The build.prop needs a change for ro.product.device=axon7 to ailsa_ii to not distort the aspect ratio. Also LiveDisplay needs to be disabled and kept off from booting to not stutter on one eye, this is actually like stock here. That includes my preferred night mode KCAL apps such as Lux Auto Brightness and CF.lumen. Though interestingly adjusting KCAL with Kernel Adiutor manually doesn't cause the issue.

The Display settings VR Reduce blur does turn on low persistence mode. I haven't used stock in a long time but I remember it flickered more significantly in low persistence mode. When Daydream first enables it flickers heavily like stock did, but after a second or so it sets to a better level. The improved level looks like the screen dims only a little without noticeably flickering, striking a good balance. It's evidently working by comparing results to the Reduce flicker setting which seems to have no low persistence at all and blurs like mad.

The device doesn't set into the sustained performance mode that locks all cores to 1.2GHz like on stock. Which is actually my preference, to allow the user to set a custom value or just uses default thermal throttling. Stock was pretty abysmal that after sustained performance mode enabled, it would be stuck unable to disable except by reboot.

All in all it works really well. Hopefully this neat feature makes it way to O and beyond one day. According to some comments apparently fixing the ro.product.device on recent AEX-O has it working except for low persistence mode. I'm still on B32 RR-O for my primary ROM and those aforementioned changes doesn't fix the aspect ratio distortion, while not tracking properly either.

Last edited:
Reactions: soren25

spacebug

Jan 18, 2012
Since like a month ago I'm unable to use USB thetering.
I'm trying to connect my phone to my computer to transfer files (which have worked).
Now the phone never sees any USB devices connected anymore.

AnonVendetta

Apr 29, 2016
Portland, OR
Is LOS 14.1 officially discontinued for the Axon 7? The last build I see on LOS website is 9-19-2018, all builds after that are Oreo. I prefer Nougat over Oreo. Will LOS N get more builds, or is the one I listed the last one?

Thanks!

Unjustified Dev

Recognized Developer
Oct 21, 2012
Memphis , TN
Is LOS 14.1 officially discontinued for the Axon 7? The last build I see on LOS website is 9-19-2018, all builds after that are Oreo. I prefer Nougat over Oreo. Will LOS N get more builds, or is the one I listed the last one?

Thanks!
You're asking for a stable? There's no real development going on but I can backport fixes like audio etc

Sent from my G8142 using Tapatalk

Reactions: merck01

merck01

Apr 11, 2018
Lake Orion
You're asking for a stable? There's no real development going on but I can backport fixes like audio etc

Thanks for the reply, and everything you do here. The work you develop and put out is amazing, and highly appreciated. My LOS 14.1 is working great and I look forward to up grading to the next great and bug free update. I have poured over the 15 boards and have yet to feel confident enough to make the leap. Every time I am about to jump in, I see another thread, that makes a novice like me back away from the proverbial edge. I am currently deployed and do not have the resources to get me out of any Jam {EDL} and so forth. So I was looking to see if there was anything on my trusted LOS 14.1 with regards to new innovations on the Nougat build. I fear that it being dated as such, that I will have to eventually catch up with the times and take a bite of Pie? Anyway, my highest thanks again for the work you do.
Merk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    f2gAFBe.png

Lineage OS

About Lineage OS:

Lin·e·age
    /ˈlinēij/
    noun
    1. lineal descent from an ancestor; ancestry or pedigree.
    2. a sequence of species each of which is considered to have evolved from its predecessor.

Disclaimer:
    LineageOS (Lineage Android Distribution) members or anyone else on this website is not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.

Warning:
    This ROM will not work on devices that have not installed the N Bootloader and approriate Modem package below. You must have an unlocked
    bootloader as well! Failure to do so could lead to an unrecoverable bricked device.

Instructions:
    1. Install the Universal bootloader and your model specific modem.Failure to do so will not allow flashing the ROM!
    2. Update recovery [Recommended -> Official TWRP for Axon7
    3. Factory reset if coming from another ROM.
    4. Install ROM
    5. Install GApps (optionally) [Recommended -> Open GApps (arm64) (7.1) 2017-02-01 or Newer

What is CAF?
    codeaurora.org
    Code Aurora Forum, a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project, is a consortium of companies with projects serving the mobile wireless industry. The projects provide the tested code needed to bring innovative, performance optimized, open source based products to market and also serves as a staging area for code that is submitted to upstream projects such as the kernel and Android. Code Aurora Forum welcomes the participation of projects for multiple architectures. QuIC, as one of the members of Code Aurora Forum, provides support for Qualcomm hardware via the code it contributes to Code Aurora Forum. Code Aurora Forum also mirrors key upstream projects for use by the community.

Sources, Changes, & Wiki:
    Source | Changes | Axon 7 Wiki | Lineage OS

Download:
    Universal Bootloader and Modem packages for A2017, A2017G, and A2017U
    Lineage Official Weekly Builds
    Lineage Unofficial Builds
    -----------------------------------------------------

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 14.1 for ZTE Axon 7, ROM for the ZTE Axon 7

Contributors
    Unjustified Dev, DrakenFX, tdm
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Nougat Bootloader+Modem
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 2017-02-01
    Beta Release Date: 2017-02-01

Created 2017-01-27
    Last Updated 2017-03-28
    Fingerprint sensor on the way thanks to ZTE for figuring out the issue...
    Just because we're quiet doesn't mean we aren't working. We want something stable and we're pretty darn close.Screenshot_Settings_20180504-044915.jpg

Questions and Answers

Q. I hate you and your unstable LineageOS. I want to go back to stock could I?
    A. Sure, just make sure to use the full firmware zip from ZTE

Q. I have a Chinese model. Could I install this ROM?
    A. No, we don't have access to the updated bootloader and modem. We have added checks to prevent installing on older firmware
    A.Yes, ZTE has provided an up to date modem compatible with B15 firmware