[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 15.1 for ZTE Axon 7

Search This thread

Stagnation2

Jul 21, 2015
Last few updates have left me with a phone that's getting really hot while doing just about anything (CPU temp is getting over 70C just browsing Reddit, Youtube gets to over 88C before I shut it off). Phone also can't outcharge the battery drain. Anyone else experiencing this?

Last edited:

jelly28

Nov 24, 2018
Thanks for the reply. I ran into a glitch where I can access adb but not fastboot. While I expect this is an issue for another forum if any readers are familiar with fastboot hassles using Ubuntu 18.04 I'd appreciate the advice.

Once I figure this out I shall return.

Dave

I can't find the solution. My dilemma, again, is with bootloader. Adb works in that adb devices generates a reply although I get no reply from fastboot devices.

My OS is Ubuntu and I don't have a windows machine.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

koftheworld

Jun 9, 2010
Central NJ
I'm confident it has something to do with the updated gps blobs lineage switched to a few weeks ago. Everyone was working fine till about the last release or so when they merged that change. I just wish I could help trouble shoot.

I know going back to stock would work, but love lineage.

I love lineage as well, but I've been having volte issues for awhile and most recently these GPS problems have directly affected me. I was in the middle of nowhere the other day with no access to maps. It was perfect. Entirely my fault for not fixing gps before then but it wasn't a good feeling returning to a pre gps reality.

Anyway I'm on b20 and not hating it.

Axon7User

Nov 30, 2018
I just installed the Build from 29.11 on my axon 7. It runs just fine but I can not download any apps from the appstore. It says something like download pending...
What can I do, to resolve that?

seliqui

Sep 17, 2016
outgoing phone call issue

Anyone else experience the Outgoing phone call issue?

If someone calls me, everything works fine.
But if I want to call someone, neither me or the other side can hear anything when the connection is established.
Also I can't hear the sound you hear that indicates that the other phone is ringing.

- It's NOT the issue where switching to Speaker and back solves the problem (had that too on a early LOS15 Version some time ago, and there the other side could always hear me).
- Installed LOS Version is the currently latest nightly (lineage-15.1-20181208-nightly-axon7-signed.zip) for the A2017G
- Also tried re-flashing the Modem via TWRP. No difference.
- Tried both the LOS Dialer and the Google Dialer App

Can anyone suggest something I could try?
(Quick search via google and on XDA didn't returned a solution that worked - although it could be that I missed something.)

Update #1:
Could be a issue with "Voice over Wifi / Voice over LTE". If I disable WIFI and Mobile Data, outgoing phonecalls work.
But if either Wifi or Mobile Data / LTE is enabled, the Problem persists.

Update #2:
Found a solution!
Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile network > Expand "Advanced" > DISABLE "Enhanced 4G LTE Mode"
(or in German: Einstellungen > Netzwerk & Internet > Mobilfunknetz > Erweitert > "Erweiterter 4G LTE-Modus" ausschalten)

Last edited:
Reactions: ssirK

abel408

Mar 8, 2013
I figured out what I did wrong. I need to keep holding the volup button until I enter twrp again.

Anyway, at step 11, I tap on Expand OS and nothing happens. Then I tried to boot to system. At the very first google set up screen I got the google.media has stop and then google services framework keep stopping keep persisting and I cant proceed with the set up.
Then boot into twrp I installed 8.1 gapps micro and tried to boot to system but same thing happen with google services framework keeps stopping.
Please advise.

Edit: keeping everything else from Oki, I tried installing just the latest Los 15.1 rom and gapps and same errors
edit2: I follow all installation steps from OP and still got the google.process.media and google services framework errors at initial set up. can't proceed.
I also tried installing just the rom without gapps but same error
Also tried ext4 and no luck

I'm also having this issue. Keep getting random apps that say "keeps stopping". If I ignore them, the phone doesn't get past the looking for updates screen. Perhaps a modem issue? I did flash the correct modem though so I have no idea what's causing this. I'm coming from stock everything. Just unlocked the bootloader using miflash and used party to create vendor partition.

Mart Son

Jul 29, 2014
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
I'm also having this issue. Keep getting random apps that say "keeps stopping". If I ignore them, the phone doesn't get past the looking for updates screen. Perhaps a modem issue? I did flash the correct modem though so I have no idea what's causing this. I'm coming from stock everything. Just unlocked the bootloader using miflash and used party to create vendor partition.

Did you wipe the data partition when coming from another rom?

fanta110

Jul 8, 2011
Anybody have problems to mount /data in twrp? As I can't mount /data partition after first booting. Formatted /data again and again after booting can't mount /data in twrp. Came yesterday from stock 8.0 A2017G

okmikel

Jun 14, 2009
Anybody have problems to mount /data in twrp? As I can't mount /data partition after first booting. Formatted /data again and again after booting can't mount /data in twrp. Came yesterday from stock 8.0 A2017G
You have to remove encryption if you want to be able to mount data in TWRP. Or use nfounds TWRP with vendor support.

_phk_

Mar 6, 2012
this will fix low persistence mode on oreo :)
Code:
diff --git a/drivers/video/msm/mdss/mdss_fb.c b/drivers/video/msm/mdss/mdss_fb.c
index e4dee9359a2c..30cc6fe3e64d 100644
--- a/drivers/video/msm/mdss/mdss_fb.c
+++ b/drivers/video/msm/mdss/mdss_fb.c
@@ -835,7 +835,7 @@ static ssize_t mdss_fb_change_persist_mode(struct device *dev,
        struct mdss_panel_info *pinfo = NULL;
        struct mdss_panel_data *pdata;
        int ret = 0;
-       u32 persist_mode;
+       unsigned int persist_mode;

if (!mfd || !mfd->panel_info) {
                pr_err("%s: Panel info is NULL!\n", __func__);
@@ -858,8 +858,10 @@ static ssize_t mdss_fb_change_persist_mode(struct device *dev,
        mutex_lock(&mfd->bl_lock);

pdata = dev_get_platdata(&mfd->pdev->dev);
-       if ((pdata) && (pdata->apply_display_setting))
+       /*if ((pdata) && (pdata->apply_display_setting))
                ret = pdata->apply_display_setting(pdata, persist_mode);
+       else pr_err("could not apply");*/
+       pdata->vr_mode_enable(pdata, persist_mode);

mutex_unlock(&mfd->bl_lock);

Thx @Unjustified Dev for backporting the function from nougat. It will now be automatically triggered (at least in the LOS unoffical builds).
The vr_mode_enable function will be called by /sys/class/graphics/fb0/msm_fb_persist_mode file handle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Unjustified Dev

[armitage]

Nov 26, 2010
@Unjustified Dev
I know that you are probably busy with life and I get that your private life is much more important than android and roms and of course that's the way it should be.
I'm not trying to annoy you and I hope I don't and I do get that this is a hobby done in your freetime and if you don't have any time for it then of course I completely understand. I do get all that and I really hope that I don't and didn't sound demanding in any way.
Nevertheless I just have to ask if there is any chance that you could take a look at the gps problem that some of us have...
If you can't or simply won't, which of course is fine as well, then so be it and of course I'm still grateful for all that you've done so far.
In any case, all the best man and thanks anyway. :)

Reactions: reasonablebasis

Unjustified Dev

Recognized Developer
Oct 21, 2012
Memphis , TN
this will fix low persistence mode on oreo :)
Code:
diff --git a/drivers/video/msm/mdss/mdss_fb.c b/drivers/video/msm/mdss/mdss_fb.c
index e4dee9359a2c..30cc6fe3e64d 100644
--- a/drivers/video/msm/mdss/mdss_fb.c
+++ b/drivers/video/msm/mdss/mdss_fb.c
@@ -835,7 +835,7 @@ static ssize_t mdss_fb_change_persist_mode(struct device *dev,
        int ret = 0;
-       u32 persist_mode;
+       unsigned int persist_mode;

@@ -858,8 +858,10 @@ static ssize_t mdss_fb_change_persist_mode(struct device *dev,

-       if ((pdata) && (pdata->apply_display_setting))
+       /*if ((pdata) && (pdata->apply_display_setting))
                ret = pdata->apply_display_setting(pdata, persist_mode);
+       else pr_err("could not apply");*/
+       pdata->vr_mode_enable(pdata, persist_mode);

Thx @Unjustified Dev for backporting the function from nougat. It will now be automatically triggered (at least in the LOS unoffical builds).
The vr_mode_enable function will be called by /sys/class/graphics/fb0/msm_fb_persist_mode file handle.
Thanks I'm backporting the updated version from A2017G Oreo and I will apply the persist_mode dependency to enable it each time the light HAL writes to msm_fb_persist_mode

edit: This appears to already be done in A2017G Kernel
Code:
bool vr_mode_judge = 0;
static ssize_t mdss_fb_change_persist_mode(struct device *dev,
		struct device_attribute *attr, const char *buf, size_t len)
{
	struct fb_info *fbi = dev_get_drvdata(dev);
	struct msm_fb_data_type *mfd = (struct msm_fb_data_type *)fbi->par;
	int ret = 0;
	u32 persist_mode;

return len;
	}

pinfo = mfd->panel_info;

if (kstrtouint(buf, 0, &persist_mode)) {
		pr_err("kstrtouint buf error!\n");
		return len;
	}

mutex_lock(&mfd->mdss_sysfs_lock);
	if (mdss_panel_is_power_off(mfd->panel_power_state)) {
		pinfo->persist_mode = persist_mode;
		goto end;
	}

if ((pdata) && (pdata->vr_mode_enable))
		pdata->vr_mode_enable(pdata, persist_mode);

if (!ret) {
		pr_debug("%s: Persist mode %d\n", __func__, persist_mode);
		pinfo->persist_mode = persist_mode;
	}
	vr_mode_judge = pinfo->persist_mode ;
end:
	mutex_unlock(&mfd->mdss_sysfs_lock);
	return len;
}

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Ff2gAFBe.png%3F1
    Lineage OS
    About Lineage OS:

Lin·e·age
    /ˈlinēij/
    noun
    lineal descent from an ancestor; ancestry or pedigree.
    a sequence of species each of which is considered to have evolved from its predecessor.

Disclaimer:
    LineageOS (Lineage Android Distribution) members or anyone else on this website is not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.

Warning:
    This ROM will not work on devices that have not installed the O bootloader and appropriate modem package below. Any failure in this process could lead to an unrecoverable bricked device.

Instructions:
    Attention! The bootloader needs to be unlocked!
    1. Install the Universal O bootloader and your model specific modem. Download
    2. Update your version of TWRP. Download
    3. Perform a backup of your current ROM. (optional)
    4. Wipe system,data and cache (optional) [Needed if coming from another rom!; always good to avoid bugs]
    5. Install the ROM. Download or Download Unofficial builds
    6. Install GApps. (optional) [Recommended -> Open GApps (arm64) (8.1)]
    7. Reboot.

What is CAF?
    Code Aurora, a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project, hosts tested open source software code needed to provide upstream enablement for innovative, performance optimized, network connectivity and related ecosystems to support system on a chip (SoC) products. It also serves as a staging area for open source code that is submitted to various upstream projects such as the Linux kernel and Android. CAF also mirrors key upstream projects for use by the community.

Sources, Changes, & Wiki:
    Source | Changes | Axon 7 Wiki | Lineage OS

Credits:
    @Unjustified Dev
    @DrakenFX

XDA:DevDB Information
    [OFFICIAL] LineageOS 15.1 for ZTE Axon 7, ROM for the ZTE Axon 7

Contributors
    OrdenKrieger, Unjustified Dev, DrakenFX, tdm
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_zte_msm8996/tree/lineage-15.1

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: O bootloader + region modem
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-06-05
    Last Updated 2018-10-14
    I made this thread detailing a bit more how I got my phone bricked, so people don't do the same thing as me.

https://xdaforums.com/axon-7/help/bricked-phone-trying-to-install-los-15-1-t3847517
    To avoid more device bricks I have created very detailed, easy to follow instructions on how to update with minimal risk. The Bootstack in the OP is fine, but it doesn't support Emergency Download
    (EDL) mode. To avoid that I have gathered my custom B12 Bootstack, the TWRP Labs 1.3 and the Official LOS15.1 into an EDL package.

BACKUP:

if you want to keep your information, then you should do a backup of your data before continuing with this guide. You can use the file manager to move your Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, Videos, etc... from your internal storage to an external SD card. You can upload them to a cloud service such as Google Drive, One Drive, MEGA, DropBox, etc. Or use the USB connection to move your information to your PC.

DEVICE UNLOCK:

Unlocking your bootloader will trigger a factory reset, and will delete the internal storage along with all the information in your phone. If your Axon 7 bootloader is still locked, you have to follow this guide before proceeding to the rest of this guide. It works for Marshmallow and Nougat stock phones. Please use that thread to ask any question related to unlocking your device.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

WARNING, THIS GUIDE WILL WIPE ALL THE DATA IN YOUR DEVICE, INCLUDING THE INTERNAL STORAGE.
    IT REQUIRES YOUR DEVICE TO BE UNLOCKED, OTHERWISE YOUR DEVICE COULD BE BRICKED.
    !!! Whatever you do, it is at your own risk !!!

In case you get stuck at any point in this guide, do not panic! There is a straightforward way to go back to stock. Just follow this Unbrick/Restore guide. I've tried to make things as easier as possible for everyone, specially newbies not used to deal with the Axon 7. So, I have created stable custom EDL packages. In order to reduce the risk and complexity, this one Stop ROM Shop performs all the following actions in a single flash:
    - installs my customized B12 Bootstack with EDL support
    - removes unlocked bootloader annoying warning message.
    - creates vendor partition.
    - installs TWRP Labs Mod 1.3 custom recovery
    - installs Official LOS15.1 ROM.
    - And the guide also helps you to format data and cache as f2fs in case you haven't done it already. It provides better battery, performance and extends the lifespan of the internal flash.

STEPS

1. Download and Unzip Axon7_LOS15.1_180925_B12Oki_TWRP_LABS1.3_FULL_EDL.zip to a folder in your computer, ensuring there are no errors. I have an A2017U, so the American modem is the package default. If you have an A2017 or A2017G just copy your modem firmware, from the corresponding provided modem subfolder, to the main folder. Just overwrite the default American modem file.
    2. Install MiFlash in your PC. It includes the Qualcomm Snapdragon SoC drivers, nonetheless you can always install the latest Qualcomm drivers.
    3. Enter EDL mode using one of the following options:
      • by pressing VolUp+VolDn+Power until the power led flashes briefly
      • Installing a terminal app and typing reboot edl at the app prompt.
      • connecting your phone to your PC and typing adb reboot edl at your computer's command prompt.
      • While your phone is completely off, press VolUp+VolDn while connecting your phone to your PC.
    4. If you haven't done yet, it's time to connect your phone to your computer.
    5. Open MiFlash in your computer.
    6. Click Browse button and select the folder you created with the firmware files in step 1.
    7. Click Refresh button and your device will appear listed as virtual COM port.
    8. Click Flash button and wait for a few minutes until it finishes. Note the bottom options are not applicable.
    9. Press VolUp+Power until the phone vibrates, then release both buttons and wait for TWRP to boot. Go to Reboot menu and keep pressed VolUp while tapping on DM-Verity ON until the phone vibrates. TWRP will restart.
    10. Go to Reboot menu and keep pressed VolUp while tapping on eMMC Write until the phone vibrates. TWRP will restart.
    11. Go to Advanced > Oki Labs menu and tap on Expand OS.
    12. To ensure everything is clean you should format the DATA partition, including internal storage. Go to main menu > settings and ensure "Use rm -rf instead of formatting" option is not selected. Then go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe, select Data partition and tap on Repair_or_Change_File_System button and then on Change_File_System button. Select F2FS and confirm action. Do the same to apply F2FS to the Cache Partition.
      NOTE: If you receive an error while formatting data, then go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe, select Data partition and tap on Repair_or_Change_File_System button and then on Change_File_System button. Format DATA as EXT4 first and, without leaving TWRP do it again as F2FS. That will fix the issue.
    13. Go to main menu and reboot system.

Happy transition to Official LineageOS 15.1 Oreo. I have not included Google Apps and Magisk root since I just wanted to create a basic package with easy to follow instructions. If you are interested in expanding these instructions with GApps and Magisk just let me know.
    Lol all those thumbs up. I don't get it. Is this a hint or something?
    Jealous? No sir lol I'm just subscribing myself trying to catch up on things I just came back from a 21st birthday vacation. I do want to wait around and see what all issues people find that we couldn't. To be fair about battery life etc we didn't get the latest and greatest Oreo kernel source I received a bad beta with horrible overheating and battery life. I decompiled the dtb (device tree blob) from the prebuilt B12 kernel and that helped a lot as you can see no one hand is burning which is what I experienced before. Hopefully we can get everything solved and worked out eventually. I'm basically handing everything over to OP I'll continue to contribute though so I'll probably be getting back in touch with everyone on Hangouts soon to see if I can get some of the small necessary things out of the way like SELinux, offline charging mode, and the flip cover. At this point there's no reason to report anything previously reported, I've read every single comment and page just be patient

Sent from my G8142 using Tapatalk
    I'm returning on the 16th got a promotion at my second job now I'm quitting my first. My plan is to start fresh on Pie using B32 kernel source and only modify it to work with Oreo camera. We gotta catch up in time for Q.

Been seeing a bunch of fix battery percentage fixes. I said before ZTE oreo release appeared to scrap every change from stable N B32 to start fresh so I've been reverting pieces back to caf and b32 so I too have the battery profile working correctly in my latest kernel for 15.1. I was waiting around to see if ZTE released something new before I go and rewrite everything to be clean and less of a mess for something special.

Sent from my G8142 using Tapatalk