Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

NeoArian

Recognized Developer
  • Nov 25, 2017
    Sony Xperia Z2
    Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
    @NeoArian and all belonged developers:

A really big thank you and your really important work. Perhaps the most important work in the smartphone space.
    For everyone who is searching for a small smartphone and for me without google, there are no other possibility then stepping back to the z3c.
    Do you have a crypto wallet for donation? Because i have no paypal.

Kind regards
    Marco
    Great to hear and thank you. I don't have a crypto wallet, only PayPal. But no worries, I don't depend on donations. Rather take that money and get an ice or something to support the local economy :fingers-crossed:

Jonathan_B

Jun 19, 2020
    I have been using the 16.0 LinageOS for quite some tme now and it worked like charm. Recently i noticed the display remaining black when making a phone call. While im able to use the buttons to pick up and end a call i cant see who's calling.

Did a clean reinstall a few times to see if its my configuration but still it remains. Got any ideas?

Im on twrp-3.3.1-z3c-20191107 and the bug has been from the versions since april as far i know.

Jonathan_B

Jun 19, 2020
    How would i do that?

I have tried linage 16, 17.1 and the carbon 8.0 and its the same on there. I tried to put the z3 flat on some surface top down to darken the proximity sensor as a test, when picking it up the display switches on and shows the phone app as i call.

steve8x8

Jul 7, 2014
    @Jonathan_B Zausan DeviceTest (Z-DeviceTest in short) used to work for me and older phones. Btw the prox sensor is not a light sensor but (I suppose) a capacitive one, it gets easily disturbed by dust that somehow entered the phone.

Last edited:

Jonathan_B

Jun 19, 2020
    Yes thanks for the hint, it was the proximity sensor acting weird. I cleaned it with alcohol and a qtip then ran an app to calibrate the sensor (proximity sensor fix..) and deleted it after confiming that it works again. Problem solved!

Update:
    So a day later the problem with the proximity sensor returned and i found out that the display glass on the Z3C separatates from the sensor for just a millimeter or so. This results in the sensor beeing in the state of always ON and the display stays dark when using a app that checks for proximity. This seems to be a common problem for the Z3c. Luckily its fixed with just a drop of super glue.

Last edited:

Code_Anaconda

Jun 22, 2020
    Thanks for maintaining this great ROM. Really appreciate it. It has given new life to my favorite phone of all time.
    I have just updated to the recent ROM (2020-06-16) and it appears to be quite laggy when opening apps I.e. Gmail / Chrome etc. Anyone else having this problem?

Code_Anaconda

Jun 22, 2020
    Thanks for maintaining this great ROM. Really appreciate it. It has given new life to my favorite phone of all time.
    I have just updated to the recent ROM (2020-06-16) and it appears to be quite laggy when opening apps I.e. Gmail / Chrome etc. Anyone else having this problem?

Nvm. Issue solved. After restarting, I had the "PIN screen loop" problem, however after this was resolved, all was normal again.

steve8x8

Jul 7, 2014
    found out that the display glass on the Z3C separatates from the sensor for just a millimeter or so. This results in the sensor beeing in the state of always ON [...] This seems to be a common problem for the Z3c. Luckily its fixed with just a drop of super glue.

Thanks for your investigation. Indeed I've seen the same - always on due to display coming off - with bad adhesives (although I'd hesitate to "solve" it with superglue). I didn't pursue this further as the phone isn't used for making calls anymore, and the on-body detection isn't active.

kororoso

Jul 12, 2020
    hei, i'm new here. i reactive my z3compact. is this rom have a problem with NFC?like for payment or checking balance on prepaid card, is it compatible?

xkym

Dec 5, 2016
    Struggling with a fresh install here.

Bootloader unlock was yes, got it unlocked okay. TWRP installed and running.

Firmware was already 23.5.A.1.291 as mentioned here https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/z3c/install

Flashed lineage-16.0-20200714-nightly-z3c-signed.zip and also tried the oldest one on lineage site lineage-16.0-20200325-nightly-z3c-signed.zip

At first I tried with gapps/su but additional attempts were all tested without.

There is no error during flashing, when rebooting lineageos boot logo runs for a few minutes then it reboots back to recovery.

Done the cache/system wipe as mentioned. I've never had a flash that failed at the boot logo and return to recovery/twrp itself before.

Last edited:

pawloland

Jan 23, 2019
    Struggling with a fresh install here.

Bootloader unlock was yes, got it unlocked okay. TWRP installed and running.

Firmware was already 23.5.A.1.291 as mentioned here https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/z3c/install

Flashed lineage-16.0-20200714-nightly-z3c-signed.zip and also tried the oldest one on lineage site lineage-16.0-20200325-nightly-z3c-signed.zip

At first I tried with gapps/su but additional attempts were all tested without.

There is no error during flashing, when rebooting lineageos boot logo runs for a few minutes then it reboots back to recovery.

Done the cache/system wipe as mentioned. I've never had a flash that failed at the boot logo and return to recovery/twrp itself before.
    What twrp did you flash? You should use the one linked in wiki or the one attached in the first post of XDA thread. If it won't help use Emma (flashtool from sony) and then start over again from here https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/z3c/install#installing-a-custom-recovery-using-fastboot.
    Btw, if you want root and gapps, flash zips in following order: rom -> gapps -> magisk / addon su but I would recommend magisk over addon su.

Last edited:

ekaasoe

Jul 21, 2020
    GPS no fix

Hi there,
    the GPS wont fix and I can't get my location. The GPS worked in the past about a few months ago on LOS. Now "GPS Test" shows about 8-15 satellites "in view" but GNSS Status keeps reporting "No Fix". I only get a location when using WiFi, which is pretty useless.
    Is this a software related bug or is my device somehow damaged? Anybody else can report on this problem? I'm running the current build (19, July) from microG.

xkym

Dec 5, 2016
    What twrp did you flash? You should use the one linked in wiki or the one attached in the first post of XDA thread. If it won't help use Emma (flashtool from sony) and then start over again from here https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/z3c/install#installing-a-custom-recovery-using-fastboot.
    Btw, if you want root and gapps, flash zips in following order: rom -> gapps -> magisk / addon su but I would recommend magisk over addon su.

Thanks. I had to restore with Emma (FlashTool didn't work for me) which took a while, then started again the flash process and it was fine first time.

I had used a slightly newer twrp than at the top here, from the lineageos install instructions, but used what was linked.

I notice that the stock "bloatware" apps (playstation, navigation, avg etc) were under lineage - not sure how?

pawloland

Jan 23, 2019
    Thanks. I had to restore with Emma (FlashTool didn't work for me) which took a while, then started again the flash process and it was fine first time.

I had used a slightly newer twrp than at the top here, from the lineageos install instructions, but used what was linked.

I notice that the stock "bloatware" apps (playstation, navigation, avg etc) were under lineage - not sure how?
    Maybe you didn't wipe data. Another possiblity is that you flashed twrp or magisk zip with stock sony apps. They could be also restored by gaaps, while setting up the phone.

hubert-bangol

Jul 3, 2007
    Hi there,
    the GPS wont fix and I can't get my location. The GPS worked in the past about a few months ago on LOS. Now "GPS Test" shows about 8-15 satellites "in view" but GNSS Status keeps reporting "No Fix". I only get a location when using WiFi, which is pretty useless.
    Is this a software related bug or is my device somehow damaged? Anybody else can report on this problem? I'm running the current build (19, July) from microG.

Hello,

I've got exactly the same problem since few days, but running under Carbon Rom.
    I've another Z3c with stock Sony ROM, and he can fix a point. I really don't understand what happened suddenly?

0LDST4R

May 2, 2018
    Hello,

I've got exactly the same problem since few days, but running under Carbon Rom.
    I've another Z3c with stock Sony ROM, and he can fix a point. I really don't understand what happened suddenly?

CarbonROM is based on LOS.

Have the same issue atm in my Z3C and Z3, both with LOS 17.1 10/08/2020, unofficial.

Spaceoid

• Mar 29, 2013
    Dortmund
    Hi guys,
    I am on the X Compact at the moment, but the GPS problem seems to be an universal LineageOS problem. For us, GPS stopped working in mid-July, too. Same problem, lots of satillites in view, but none gets locked. In the GitLab of LineageOS there are many issues of different phone users experiencing the same problem on LineageOS 16 and LineageOS 17.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Code:
      [COLOR="Purple"]#include <std_disclaimer.h>[/COLOR]
      [COLOR="Navy"]/*
       * Your warranty is now void.
       * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
       * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
       * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
       * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
       * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
       */[/COLOR]

Installation:
      If you are on stock OS, you need a custom recovery first. You can get the recommended TWRP recovery in the official installation instructions link below.
      If you are coming from stock or other ROMs, you need to make a factory reset.
      As always, make sure to backup before installing this ROM.

More detailed instructions at:
      Install LineageOS on z3c

Download link:
      LineageOS Downloads for z3c

Recommended Google Apps package:
      Open GApps (choose ARM as Platform and 9.0 as Android, use the Variant you want. Recommended nano package)

Required TWRP recovery
      twrp-3.3.1-z3c-20191107.img

Official root addon
      LineageOS Extras

Changelog:
      Changes for z3c

Bug reports:
      How to submit a bug report
      LineageOS GitLab

Donate to support development:
      Donate via PayPal to NeoArian
      Donate via PayPal to LineageOS

Thanksgiving
      Thanks to everyone who ever contributed to the custom developement for this device.
      Especially:
      @tomascus
      @Diewi
      @xkeita
      @rcstar6696
      @koron393
      @nailyk
      @SpiritCroc
      @115ek
      @Myself5
      @drakonizer

Thanks to every LineageOS contributor.

Source Code
      The source code of LineageOS is available here.
      The kernel source code for this device is available here.
      The used configuration is lineageos_shinano_aries_defconfig available at arch/arm/configs/lineageos_shinano_aries_defconfig in the kernel source.

XDA:DevDB Information
      LineageOS 16.0 for Xperia Z3 Compact, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact

Contributors
      NeoArian
      Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
      ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2019-11-07
      Last Updated 2019-11-07
      Note that the first build is scheduled but not yet available for download. No need to worry though, the lineage-16.0 project is in nightly state so it should be up in a maximum of 24 hours.
      Also note that the official builds are signed, so you are not able to just flash them over the current unofficial LineageOS 16.0 builds.
      Hi @NeoArian
      I am using Lineage OS 16 for a year now. I have been there from pretty much the beginning. I just tried the latest nightly and the audio while calling in normal mode is just on point and the loudspeaker mode is also significantly louder, than in previous build. I am very happy to see this issue being fixed after that long amount of time. I honestly wasn't believing it would be ever fixed.
      Do you remember the bug when the audio was played super loud and then it was getting quieter and quieter? I think the only problem left now is to make sound in any part of system or any app as loud as it was while this bug was occurring. I think that the maximum loudness of phone in lineage is like 80% of the maximum volume on stock. The same applies for loudspeaker mode - it is now significantly louder, but it steel isn't as loud as stock. It can be also just me imagining the problem, because after all of those audio issues I don't know if I can trust my ears anymore :p.

Right now the builds are official which would suggest that everything is working. Well I still have some problems:
      -the wfd (wifi display/mirracast) is sometimes WORKING for me. I remember that it wasn't working so it was abandoned, but later on it was again enabled, because it wasn't causing restarts anymore. I don't remember if you did something to solve this issue but it seems that problem solved itself. I tried connecting to my windows laptop and after couple of tries the phone CONNECTED :D. For the first time in year I was able to connect. Here are my observations:
      - the popup on windows is always displayed when device tries to connect to it
      - from that popup I can click to connect to device and the phone either decides to connect or not and then the message appears on the windows that says something like "Secured content can't be played on this device"
      -audio is being send but is little off sync
      -video is sluggish, artifacts can be seen
      -after connection is established phone often disconnects from wifi network. If i try to connect to wifi again it is stuck on "Obtaining IP address". It can also happened that the phone connects to wfd and DOESN'T disconnects from wifi. If that happens the video stream is super, mega, ultra blurry, off sync, artifacts can be observed, video is very choppy and connectivity is going to be lost.
      As the connection can be established nowadays, can you do something to fix the huge lag while using wfd and connected to wifi?

Next thing is Fm Radio. It doesn't work for me anymore even after manually selecting the frequency (like it was left before).
      That is all what I think is left unpolished on lineage side. The rest is regarding TWRP.
      -the signature verification always fails on official zips. I don't know if it is the problem with TWRP, that can't verify the zip or the zip itself has wrong signature.
      -can't perform OTA updates. I must manually install each update.
      -the time in logs is wrong
      -after any action performed in TWRP I get error saying ~Can't mount storage.
      I attach logs.

Thanks for all of your work. I am looking forward official Lineage OS 17.1 while it gets out from WIP :eek:
      Hi,
      First of all thanks for the detailed feedback, I appreciate it.
      About the audio stuff, I think it should be comparable to stock, we are pretty much using the stock setup of the mixer settings. I will hear again when I flash stock next time though to make sure. I did not enable Miracast for the Sony msm8974 devices because I don't consider it as really working, I didn't get the heavy wlan speed drop during it fixed. All TV's shown in settings should be available through Google cast which works good on my Z3C and Sony android TV, will also confirm that again within the next days. I don't think your windows laptop is using Google cast though, do you still stream from the settings -> connected devices -> connection settings -> stream?
      What you describe sounds similar to Miracast but that one shouldn't be available in the official build, weird?
      FM radio was working okay for me last time I checked. I will downgrade to 16.0 to confirm that in the official builds.
      About twrp I have some good news :D
      I don't really know about your first problem with zip signature verification, it might be caused by the official builds that are signed with custom created keys.
      I have built a new TWRP with OTA updates fixed. @115ek has shared the fix. I will release it within the next days somewhere. Until now you can download it from here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12f7WrbpkqmSMC1p3OSfRwG7k2BwlmgWt/view?usp=drivesdk
      ( For Z3 friends: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12eYhVT6-nFGuIlbSiDVEMnODcBUDcMcq/view?usp=drivesdk).
      About the wrong time, there was a problem in the Sony timekeep service, many thanks to MarijnS95 who fixed the problem and helped me out really quick. (https://github.com/sonyxperiadev/timekeep/issues/23)
      I will try to get this fix merged into LineageOS soon. Then the time will be working fine in TWRP, I already have it fixed on my device. I didn't see "Can't mount storage." On my device. Can you see if that still happens with the new TWRP build?

Greetings, Arian.
      Good evening,
      since some of you seem to have problems with echo during calls i have digged through patches developer previously applied to our devices. I have tranfsformed them into two magisk modules and would ask the ones who have the problems to test both of the modules. In the first row please test them one by one and then you can also combine them (just install both). Good luck!

Don't get irritated from the OTA for Lineage 17 text during installation, i just missed to change that from my template.
      So I flashed twrp, and I can't perform OTA. When I click Install in updater phone reboots and then hangs at sony logo and led flashes blue. Forcefully turned off the phone, and booted to twrp. Script started executing, but ended up with the error as before. After that I tried to manually install zip, but as you may expect, without success. Here are logs:

I haven't seen the signature verification failed error myself but could you try to disable the signature verification within TWRP settings (default is not activated by the way)?

Anyway Good evening everyone, since i am a little bit sick today i have had some time to look into the mystery call volume problem :D I have experimented really much and got a probably pretty good solution.
      The first change is https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_sony_z3c/+/264153 where i have updated the mixer_paths from the latest stock ROM and dropped all modifcations we previously had on top of the stock one except the one linked in the commit message. https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_sony_shinano-common/+/264152 This commit drops custom acdb id's for dual microphone configurations we previously had. I don't understand why we had these changes but when falling back to the default acdb id's (43 for speaker dmic and 41 for handset dmic) The volume is not that crazy loud anymore and similar to stock i think. I have also enabled Fluence here: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_sony_shinano-common/+/264150 That should enable Qualcomm’s dual-mic echo cancellation technology and seems to work good so far.
      One problem is left, you might now that my bottom speaker is broken so i can't test the speaker mode output myself, so i have not merged the changes yet. Would someone be so kind and test the build i compiled? download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1r2ipI5gfZpxPTxCSYpyIBEse2Hsr3FF7 Note that you can not flash this build over the official nightly because of the different signing of the official build. Please wipe data. If you are still on my latest unofficial build you can just flash it as always.

In order to get some impressions how the experience should be i flashed the stock OS today morning myself, i think the calls should be on a similar level now, assumed that the speaker works as intended.

I have also tested GPS on stock and found out that it can connect to GLONASS and Beidou sattelites, i think on Lineage we are not able to do so currently. I will look into this within the next days and keep you updated on this.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone