[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 16.0

Search This thread

maniv6572

Jun 25, 2019
Chennai
Network and stability issue

Hi Dev ,

Thanks for the good work :good:. Getting updates every day :)

Used this ROM for almost more than two months . Thought sharing some of the feed back

This ROM is good interms of stability and performance
Run all the process we throw
Good for heavy usage . However becomes hot after few minutes
While start playing games with in 2-3 mins . Phone becomes hot . Reaches 45-55 C
Not good for flashing custom kernels
Getting SOT around 4-5 Hrs for basic usage
At intense usage getting between 3-4 Hrs
Drinking lot of power during standby . 7 Hrs standby takes 7-10 % of battery
May get good results with greenify to save some juice
With minimal customization it is really good . Not deniable . However some more customization can be added

Reactions: GopalKaul

the_harsh

Jan 14, 2015
Gwalior
Hi Dev ,

Thanks for the good work :good:. Getting updates every day :)

Used this ROM for almost more than two months . Thought sharing some of the feed back

This ROM is good interms of stability and performance
Run all the process we throw
Good for heavy usage . However becomes hot after few minutes
While start playing games with in 2-3 mins . Phone becomes hot . Reaches 45-55 C
Not good for flashing custom kernels
Getting SOT around 4-5 Hrs for basic usage
At intense usage getting between 3-4 Hrs
Drinking lot of power during standby . 7 Hrs standby takes 7-10 % of battery
May get good results with greenify to save some juice
With minimal customization it is really good . Not deniable . However some more customization can be added
regarding standby drain, my stats narrates a different story! (refer to ss attached). without any tweak or something, everything stock! otoh These temperatures are pretty normal with every other rom.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190813-084042_AccuBattery.png
    Screenshot_20190813-084042_AccuBattery.png
    197.7 KB · Views: 572

scott86

Jan 8, 2015
Is there a way to choose a ringtone for SMS? In the sound settings i can pick a ringtone for calls, notifications, and alarm... But i want a distinct ringtone for SMS instead of all notifications(Since an SMS is a lot more important than just about anything else that triggers a notification on my phone)
I'm using the Messages app from Google and there's no option in there either.

Also, has anyone gotten the audiofX equalizer to work with plugged in headphones? It works with my bluetooth headphones, but neither it nor the app specific one in BlackPlayer(or PowerAmp) does anything... Which really sucks since my corded headphones are actually decent quality, but all my wireless ones are junk.

prakashitbhav

Sep 2, 2017
Bengaluru
Is there a way to choose a ringtone for SMS? In the sound settings i can pick a ringtone for calls, notifications, and alarm... But i want a distinct ringtone for SMS instead of all notifications(Since an SMS is a lot more important than just about anything else that triggers a notification on my phone)
I'm using the Messages app from Google and there's no option in there either.

Also, has anyone gotten the audiofX equalizer to work with plugged in headphones? It works with my bluetooth headphones, but neither it nor the app specific one in BlackPlayer(or PowerAmp) does anything... Which really sucks since my corded headphones are actually decent quality, but all my wireless ones are junk.
use different SMS app like textra. it has option to set tone.

Knoth

Apr 30, 2017
Everything works perfectly, and it is a pleasure, but the camera (quality), especially the front is bad, very bad. Any recommendation?

poled

May 9, 2011
I like this rom, the only problem I have with it is there's no option to fingerprint unlock after reboot. Not much problem but because of that it asks for pattern unlock occasionally and I don't like it

Even though there's no setting to change that, can I edit any config file to avoid this?

DD3Boh

Recognized Developer
Feb 16, 2017
Voghera
I like this rom, the only problem I have with it is there's no option to fingerprint unlock after reboot. Not much problem but because of that it asks for pattern unlock occasionally and I don't like it

Even though there's no setting to change that, can I edit any config file to avoid this?
That's just the aosp behavior. LineageOS aims to bring a stable and simple android experience, so only actually needed features are being added.

Reactions: poled

vbvn

Dec 25, 2014
I ve observed an anomaly in battery manager functioning, especially in Lineage pie based roms viz ViperOS, RR; despite putting an app in "restricted" mode it sips battery throughout night (eg aospkeyboard), kindly refer this post.

Anyone can throw some light on that?? If possible kindly observe apps behavior as mentioned in above link, if anyone reading this and is on lineage rom. Putting background su**ers into restricted mode really saves some juice on standby!!

poled

May 9, 2011
That's just the aosp behavior. LineageOS aims to bring a stable and simple android experience, so only actually needed features are being added.

I know, but I'd like to have that feature, I'm not asking for it, just wondering if it is just a simple cfg file editing I could do myself

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm very glad to announce that LineageOS for Zuk Z2 is now Official!
    Go check it out on https://download.lineageos.org/z2_plus
    Enjoy the update ;)
    2okPze5.png

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Bugs :
    • None

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build, (magisk) and gapps
    • Reboot

Downloads :

Notes :
    • Only Clean Installation Please
    • Bug Report Without logs means nothing

Reporting Bugs :
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Sources :

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 16 for z2_plus, ROM for the Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus)

Contributors
    DD3Boh, davidevinavil, kubersharma, kenny3fcb, YaroST12
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: ZUI 3.5 bootloader
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2019-03-04
    Last Updated 2019-05-04
    IMPORTANT INFORMATION

How to flash treble roms having /factory instead of /vendor?

* First time custom rom flasher/ coming from ZUI / Never flashed treble rom / Never flashed factory2vendor patch
    1. Flash Treble TWRP ( which supports /factory )
    ( https://twrp.me/zuk/zukz2.html )
    2. Flash ROM + GApps etc

* Coming from roms for which you had done factory2vendor conversion

1. Flash Vendor2factory zip
    ( https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=962187416754475514 )
    2. Flash new TWRP with /factory support
    It will work for both non treble like zui , and treble roms having /factory instead of vendor support
    ( https://twrp.me/zuk/zukz2.html )
    3. IMPORTANT STEP : Reboot to new TWRP
    4 Flash rom
    5. No need to wipe if coming from same rom

Or
    1. Flash ZUI via QFIL
    2. Flash TWRP ( which supports /factory )
    3. Flash rom
    updated information on 03/02/2019

Credits to @kubersharma for the quick guide
    Hey everyone. A new update finally came by :)

24/03/2019 build
    Changelog:
    - Kernel rebased over 8996 4.4 caf tag (instead of sdm660 tag that was being used before)
    - Switched to the new haptics driver present in the new kernel tag
    - Switched back to HMP, now that the powerhal for it has been fixed up it performs just awesomely
    - Power profiles added back (under battery settings)

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1csUuN3tpztbCq6fLcAmYUvI88bn1QGxr

Enjoy :D
    New build! 10/04/2019

Changelog:
    - April security patches
    - Graphics stack updated to LA.UM.7.5.r1-03700-8x96.0
    - Fix WiFi Display (miracast)
    - Update daisy blobs stacks
    - Switch back to ZUI IMS blobs to fix VoLTE randomly disappearing
    - Disable input boost (the device is smooth enough with touchboost only and powerhal boosting)
    - Switch to cfq instead of bfq, which is still available as scheduler tho
    - Update kernel to the latest 8996 CAF tag LA.UM.7.5.2.r1-02000-8x96.0

Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=189ERwZ0gdDajKWUkQoK0B4UTwf8e2UCq

Enjoy :)