[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 16.0

Search This thread
Oct 9, 2017
Can someone tell me , what does the ROM page mean by "nightly build" and which one should I be downloading, actually I'm confused
It simply means that the ROMs are automatically built every night. This means that devs are not involved and is largely to see if the code added throughout the day will compile..So just download the latest one...and also you don't have to necessarily update with every nightly build.

Reactions: Praveshishere

sayyedmohseen

Mar 24, 2011
Pune
I have been unable to get the OS loaded successfully on the device Z2 plus.

I have tried on the latest Indian and Chinese firmware without any success.

A clean flash gets me the same result.

I have tried formatting data, clearing the Dalvik cache, data, system, vendor or just the Dalvik cache, data, system but have got the same results.

I have seen no errors while flashing the ROM through TWRP.

I have tried using the latest builds but have failed each time.

I cross-checked with the other custom ROM -PixelExperience 10.0 has been working flawless but lineage OS gives a reboot to TWRP after the lineage boot screen.

Please help. I love the ROM but don't know what I am missing.

Up and running :good:

Flashed China 1.9 stock then India 2.5
unlocked bootloader, flash TWRP and sideloaded the ZIP files

Ref - https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/z2_plus/install

Passa91

Dec 17, 2010
Merry Christmas and happy holidays my fellow Z2 LOS mates!

A question - what Google Camera mod are you personally using on this ROM? Mine is quite old now and painfully slow at startup, so I'm looking to update it.

Praveshishere

Jun 28, 2019
I installed this ROM yesterday, but now I'm not able to open recent apps I tried hardware navigation other gesture apps on screen navigation bar even, help me out please of someone knows

trolsky

Jan 8, 2020
I installed this ROM yesterday, but now I'm not able to open recent apps I tried hardware navigation other gesture apps on screen navigation bar even, help me out please of someone knows

Hi, what do I need to install this room? I have android 7.0 by Francko76 , version ZUI 2.5.412 ST and unlocked bootloader. 3 years ago, I changed room by TOOL ALL IN ONE, it was a long time ago, now I don't know how to start. :D

Last edited:

Vlad9ck

Aug 26, 2008
Tried to update to the latest build (20200123 + nano gapps 20200124) and system refused to boot: after long loading it just reboots to recovery.
Rolled back to my previous build (20191225 + nano gapps 20191221) and it works fine.
Does anyone else have such issue?

jr.hard

Mar 9, 2019
Tried to update to the latest build (20200123 + nano gapps 20200124) and system refused to boot: after long loading it just reboots to recovery.
Rolled back to my previous build (20191225 + nano gapps 20191221) and it works fine.
Does anyone else have such issue?

This problem is caused by gapps. And not by ROM. You can install the latest version of the lineage without any problems, but with gapps from November last year. The new gapps are not booting.

Reactions: Vlad9ck

DD3Boh

Recognized Developer
Feb 16, 2017
Voghera
Read in another forum for another device, similar issue.

They claimed that the issue is with opengaaps. This is true, if you clean flash LOS (any version) it boots fine. The combo of LOS and Opengaaps casuses a TWRP bootloop.

This combination worked for me:
lineage-16.0-20200121-nightly-z2_plus-signed.zip
open_gapps-arm64-9.0-pico-20200117.zip

On flashing an update(lineage-16.0-20200121-nightly-z2_plus-signed.zip) after the above combination it boot loops again.
The solution mentioned in the other forum was to type in the following
echo "ro.setupwizard.mode=DISABLED" >> /system/build.prop

In TWRP terminal. The problem as they described it was Google Setup, which seems to try to start that causes the problem.

I freaked out and installed the above mentioned working combo. This is my daily driver.
I should mention, after dirty flashing the above mentioned working combo, I needed to re-install all the google apps and give permissions to other apps again.

Just wanted to share data which might help the dev.
Took a full TWRP backup and now might try with the command mentioned above!

Update: The above command did not work, instead, the latest LOS(lineage-16.0-20200123-nightly-z2_plus-signed.zip) and old gaaps(open_gapps-arm64-9.0-pico-20200117.zip) combo worked! Which leads me to believe you have to stick to the gaaps your initially installed and have to install it alongside of any LOS update!
Simply opengapps got broken somewhere in "new" updates (actually since some months)
The solution can be using old gapps packages as well like November ones which should be fine.

Praveshishere

Jun 28, 2019
Hi, what do I need to install this room? I have android 7.0 by Francko76 , version ZUI 2.5.412 ST and unlocked bootloader. 3 years ago, I changed room by TOOL ALL IN ONE, it was a long time ago, now I don't know how to start. :D
Just Install any recovery like twrp (you can google it)
Then simply follow the steps as described in the thread

iorqut

Feb 11, 2017
Hi, does anyone noticed that latest versions become slower and eat more energy?

I'd previously used version from august 2019 and it was running very smooth and I had enough power for 1-2 days, but after I started to flash december 2019 versions it become worser in the matter of speed and power consumption.

Is there any reason why I should stick to new versions (or maybe I can try to fix it?) or I can safely use old version from august 2019?

Anyway thanks for nice ROM!

Naresh Rawat

May 13, 2015
Jamnagar
Any1 having issue with audio fx??? Flashed different nighties again n again. But still no effect from audio fx.
Used mini gapps and Magisk with following modules and nothing else
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Ty??

Attachments

• P_20200212_222238.jpg
    P_20200212_222238.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 187

Eden blizzard

Nov 12, 2013
Hi, does anyone noticed that latest versions become slower and eat more energy?

I'd previously used version from august 2019 and it was running very smooth and I had enough power for 1-2 days, but after I started to flash december 2019 versions it become worser in the matter of speed and power consumption.

Is there any reason why I should stick to new versions (or maybe I can try to fix it?) or I can safely use old version from august 2019?

Anyway thanks for nice ROM!
You are correct builds before mid December were way better. I also don't feel the fluidity and performance like in November or older builds.

r3v0x

Feb 11, 2013
Kolkata
My journey from AEX to Lineage

I have written this post for noobs like me to share their experience, and that others who walk the same path may find a trail already walked upon, if necessary.

The journey from AEX to Lineage
  • Backing up all necessary data
  • Charging the device over 50% before continuing with the hands-on part
  • Following steps are as per the instructions on the first page
    • vendor to factory is not needed as coming from AEX Rom(which already has /factory support)
    • downloading the required files:
      • Latest TWRP supporting /vendor
      • Latest Lineage OS zip
      • Open GApps zip (pico version)
    • connecting the device to the computer
      • device was recognized for adb commands
      • but, device was not recognized for fastboot commands in bootloader mdoe
        • searched for the error online on multiple forums, and tried some solutions
        • something to do with the Windows8, Windows10 driver signatures.
        • however, fastboot is working on other OS's (Windows7, all Linux distros)
        • fastboot was still not working in W10, so used a workaround
    • as a workaround, flashing new TWRP using Official TWRP App.
    • after flashing TWRP, boot into TWRP(recovery)
    • installing as per the official instructions
  • Installation went successfully!
  • Boot Succes!
Additional installs

A heartfelt THANKS! to all the developers and their continuous hard work and dedication.

I do-not take any credit for any of the above mentions, their credits solely lie with the receptive developers, so please thank them for their diligence!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm very glad to announce that LineageOS for Zuk Z2 is now Official!
    Go check it out on https://download.lineageos.org/z2_plus
    Enjoy the update ;)
    2okPze5.png

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Bugs :
    • None

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build, (magisk) and gapps
    • Reboot

Downloads :

Notes :
    • Only Clean Installation Please
    • Bug Report Without logs means nothing

Reporting Bugs :
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Sources :

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 16 for z2_plus, ROM for the Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus)

Contributors
    DD3Boh, davidevinavil, kubersharma, kenny3fcb, YaroST12
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: ZUI 3.5 bootloader
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2019-03-04
    Last Updated 2019-05-04
    IMPORTANT INFORMATION

How to flash treble roms having /factory instead of /vendor?

* First time custom rom flasher/ coming from ZUI / Never flashed treble rom / Never flashed factory2vendor patch
    1. Flash Treble TWRP ( which supports /factory )
    ( https://twrp.me/zuk/zukz2.html )
    2. Flash ROM + GApps etc

* Coming from roms for which you had done factory2vendor conversion

1. Flash Vendor2factory zip
    ( https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=962187416754475514 )
    2. Flash new TWRP with /factory support
    It will work for both non treble like zui , and treble roms having /factory instead of vendor support
    ( https://twrp.me/zuk/zukz2.html )
    3. IMPORTANT STEP : Reboot to new TWRP
    4 Flash rom
    5. No need to wipe if coming from same rom

Or
    1. Flash ZUI via QFIL
    2. Flash TWRP ( which supports /factory )
    3. Flash rom
    updated information on 03/02/2019

Credits to @kubersharma for the quick guide
    Hey everyone. A new update finally came by :)

24/03/2019 build
    Changelog:
    - Kernel rebased over 8996 4.4 caf tag (instead of sdm660 tag that was being used before)
    - Switched to the new haptics driver present in the new kernel tag
    - Switched back to HMP, now that the powerhal for it has been fixed up it performs just awesomely
    - Power profiles added back (under battery settings)

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1csUuN3tpztbCq6fLcAmYUvI88bn1QGxr

Enjoy :D
    New build! 10/04/2019

Changelog:
    - April security patches
    - Graphics stack updated to LA.UM.7.5.r1-03700-8x96.0
    - Fix WiFi Display (miracast)
    - Update daisy blobs stacks
    - Switch back to ZUI IMS blobs to fix VoLTE randomly disappearing
    - Disable input boost (the device is smooth enough with touchboost only and powerhal boosting)
    - Switch to cfq instead of bfq, which is still available as scheduler tho
    - Update kernel to the latest 8996 CAF tag LA.UM.7.5.2.r1-02000-8x96.0

Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=189ERwZ0gdDajKWUkQoK0B4UTwf8e2UCq

Enjoy :)