[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 for Galaxy S5 klte + Variants

curiousrom

Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2011
Costa Rica
www.reddit.com
S5 LineageOS 17.1 klte & Variants Update 2021-01-17 - Bump Security

FYI I updated my Galaxy S5 G900M LineageOS 17.1 klte build 2021-01-10 + Open GApps Pico + Magisk 21.3 Stable + Magisk Manager 8.0.6 & TWRP 3.5.0 to build 2021-01-17 via the built-in OTA Updater: everything went smoothly as usual & Magisk survived the update.

After the automatic reboot as seen in the screenshot > Settings > About phone > press on Android version > Android security patch level: January 5, 2021.

The Vendor security patch level remains @ August 1, 2017 because the vendor is Samsung & it is not publishing security patches for it's S5 proprietary hardware related blobs anymore since August 2017.

There are 53 changes as you can see in https://download.lineageos.org/klte/changes/ for example and a lot of them are related to Bump Security String to 2021-01-05 > Topic Q_asb_2021-01 and 15 of them related to Bluetooth (android_vendor_qcom_opensource_system_bt and android_system_bt).

Or check on your device in the built-in Settings > System > Advanced > Updater > 3-dots > Changelog which will open in a mobile browser the same page as above.

Since that page changes all the time I attached some screenshots for posterity.

See Android Security Bulletin—January 2021 for details about the security fixes.

BTW you can create a direct link to Updater & much more with the LineageOS Settings widget. I stacked a few of them on Home to create a LineageOS shortcut folder for quick access.

Thank you Mr. haggertk & to the entire LineageOS Team for supporting our S5's. :cool: 👍

Attachments

Last edited:

curiousrom

Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2011
Costa Rica
www.reddit.com
Secure Startup Bootloop Bug

...any news on the issue with Encryption/Secure Boot and GApps as described here:
https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/2044
Just simply disabling Secure Boot is not really an option, as it's kinda the same as disabling encryption alltogether with an open bootloader.
Well I see in the Bootloop when Secure Startup is enabled (LineageOS 17.1) bug report that the label platform was added instead of being about a single device model & there is now a developer Assignee as you can see top right so that's good news.

Bluetooth Crashing Bug Report With Logcat

I hope I did it right this time...

Finally a Bluetooth Crashing Bug Report With Logcat for LineageOS 17.1 on the S5 klte. :cool: 👍

Link to your report added to the post #1 > Known Bugs - Known Issues chapter.

Guys if you have that Bluetooth Crashing issue, you can vote up & contribute to that bug thread to attract the dev's attention.

Last edited:

curiousrom

Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2011
Costa Rica
www.reddit.com
S5 LineageOS 17.1 klte & Variants Update 2021-01-24

I updated my Galaxy S5 G900M LineageOS 17.1 klte build 2021-01-17 + Open GApps Pico + Magisk 21.4 Stable + Magisk Manager 8.0.7 & TWRP 3.5.0 to build 2021-01-24 via the built-in OTA Updater: everything went smoothly as usual & Magisk survived the update.

Some of the changes that you can see in https://download.lineageos.org/klte/changes/ do not concern the S5 klte family (Motoactions, fastcharge & nvidia) and the others like the ones concerning android_packages_apps_ThemePicker (Settings > Display > Styles & wallpapers) are not dramatic but I updated anyway to be able to post in this thread.

Thank you Mr. haggertk & to the entire LineageOS Team for supporting our S5's. :cool: 👍

Attachments

blikkk

Jul 28, 2018
Hi!
I'm a computer repair.
The DriveDroid app is important to me.
LOS 20201025 build working perfectly.
From LOS 20210103 the DriveDroid restarts the phone while in use.
Log is not possible, USB mass storage mode.
LOS18.1 does not allow access to the external SD.
The program is not updated, last date 2018. 10. 07.
I would like to use it with the new LOS versions.
THX!

curiousrom

Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2011
Costa Rica
www.reddit.com
DriveDroid App, Unwanted Reboot & Capturing Logcat of Crash.

...DriveDroid app is important to me.
LOS 20201025 build working perfectly.
From LOS 20210103 the DriveDroid restarts the phone while in use.
Log is not possible, USB mass storage mode....
The program is not updated, last date 2018. 10. 07.
DriveDroid is quite a special app and all support links in it's Play Store's page are 404 @ the present. Did you try to contact the app's support?

I see in that page: "WHAT'S NEW: Upgrade target to Android 9" & LineageOS 17.1 is Android 10, so maybe the dev dropped support for newer OS.

To try to find the issue connect your device to a computer and try capturing a continuous logcat that will be saved in the folder where you are running adb when the device turns off or reboots or until you stop it with ctrl+c:

adb devices

adb logcat > logcat_DriveDroid_Reboot.txt

Then open the logcat in Notepad++, WordPad or similar & search it with `chatty` or `crash` or `Beginning of crash` or `killing` for example, etc.

Or use an app on the phone like MatLog or Logcat Extreme to record the crash & reboot.

Reboot to make the logcat shorter & more relevant, MatLog > 3-dots > File > Record then reproduce the problem & after the device reboots > internal sdcard > matlog > saved_logs.

That logcat could be useful for the app's developer.

Maybe the newer LineageOS builds have some enhanced security patches or newer SELinux or other permissions enforcing that makes the app crash.

Last edited:
Reactions: dcarvil and pmduper

blikkk

Jul 28, 2018
DriveDroid App, Unwanted Reboot & Capturing Logcat of Crash.

DriveDroid is quite a special app and all support links in it's Play Store's page are 404 @ the present. Did you try to contact the app's support?

I see in that page: "WHAT'S NEW: Upgrade target to Android 9" & LineageOS 17.1 is Android 10, so maybe the dev dropped support for newer OS.

To try to find the issue connect your device to a computer and try capturing a continuous logcat that will be saved in the folder where you are running adb when the device turns off or reboots or until you stop it with ctrl+c:

adb devices

adb logcat > logcat_DriveDroid_Reboot.txt

Then open the logcat in Notepad++, WordPad or similar & search it with `chatty` or `crash` or `Beginning of crash` or `killing` for example, etc.

Or use an app on the phone like MatLog or Logcat Extreme to record the crash & reboot.

Reboot to make the logcat shorter & more relevant, MatLog > 3-dots > File > Record then reproduce the problem & after the device reboots > internal sdcard > matlog > saved_logs.

That logcat could be useful for the app's developer.

Maybe the newer LineageOS builds have some enhanced security patches or newer SELinux or other permissions enforcing that makes the app crash.
Thank you for your answer. I can't make a log anymore. I put the LOS 20201025 back. For me, it's a work tool. I use it every day. I'm opting out of updates.

curiousrom

Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2011
Costa Rica
www.reddit.com
Re: DriveDroid App, Unwanted Reboot & Capturing Logcat of Crash.

Thank you for your answer. I can't make a log anymore. I put the LOS 20201025 back. For me, it's a work tool. I use it every day. I'm opting out of updates.
Yes, not updating is a workaround but you wrote this in your post above:

...I would like to use it with the new LOS versions.
You could backup Data, System & Boot (that's the kernel actually) partions in TWRP, update, reproduce the error & capture a logcat & then restore those partitions afterward to get back to your current setup.

blikkk

Jul 28, 2018
Re: DriveDroid App, Unwanted Reboot & Capturing Logcat of Crash.

Yes, not updating is a workaround but you wrote this in your post above:

You could backup Data, System & Boot (that's the kernel actually) partions in TWRP, update, reproduce the error & capture a logcat & then restore those partitions afterward to get back to your current setup.

Thanks for the help.
I think this is a kernel bug.
How can I make a kernel log without USB?

Attachments

curiousrom

Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2011
Costa Rica
www.reddit.com
Other People's Software

Erase all USB drives. Here is the program to add... { USBDeview utility attachment}
Thanks for the effort but IMO instead of redistributing other people's work it's much better to just post a link to the developer's page were people can get the most recent version, additional info (like requirements & limitations), changelogs, other apps, etc, etc.

In this case you posted the USBDeview utility by NirSoft which can be found here: https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html

Reactions: dcarvil

nodatanodata

Mar 14, 2015
LineageOS 17.1 KLTE / KLTEDUOS seems to have serious issues with mobile data. It was mentioned that the last build for KLTE that worked was from October (20201004). What is the last build for KLTEDUOS that worked and where can I download it?

blikkk

Jul 28, 2018
LineageOS 17.1 KLTE / KLTEDUOS seems to have serious issues with mobile data. It was mentioned that the last build for KLTE that worked was from October (20201004). What is the last build for KLTEDUOS that worked and where can I download it?
I have a klteduos too. Either the speaker did not speak or there was no data. All LOS versions work. I don't understand this mistake.
1. Remove both sim cards.
2. Turn on the phone.
3. Turn off (correctly)
4. Insert the first card.
5. Turn on the phone.
6. Turn off (correctly)
7. Insert a second card.
8. Turn on the phone.
9. Happiness

curiousrom

Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2011
Costa Rica
www.reddit.com
S5 klte Update 2021-01-31 - Skip It!

If you already have build 2021-01-24 installed on your S5 there is no reason to update to 2021-01-31.

As you can see in https://download.lineageos.org/klte/changes/ the Email fix is for the stock Email app if you have problems with Exchange. MotoActions & Nvidia do not concern the S5 klte family at all.

Jan 31, 2021
Hey guys im having some issues with my Bluetooth on my Samsung S5 (SM-G900F) using [lineage-17.1-20210124-nightly-klte-signed] with [open_gapps-arm-10.0-nano-20210123] while using [odin3_v3.14.4]. Flashed with [twrp-3.5.0_9-0-klte.img.tar]. I did cleaning Dalvik Cache & Cache while flashing... It was a clean flash and everything was working till I used Bluetooth...

I have to say its my first Flash so Im not so much into it... Bluetooth is crashing quite often after a while using it with my headphones or my bluetooth adapter for my speakers. Especially when im using BANDCAMP it crashes quite often. When it crashed i can´t reconnect (sometimes it works, sometimes not). If it doesnt workt i have to restart the system.

I also changed Bluetooth AVRCP-Version from AVRCP 1.4 (Standard) to AVRCP- 1.6 which some users here suggested but in my case it didn´t help.

Is there any suggestions or a workthrough that helped someone having the same issues? Does it help to flash another older version of lineage OS???

What can I do to help solving this issue?

Edit: I posted a Logcat of the Crash

Thx for any informations...

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: curiousrom

heian12

Sep 26, 2018
Hi,
I got a SM-G901F and noticed that it is not included in the supported devices list.
Will it be supported in the future, or is there a reason that it is not supported anymore?
(now running lineageOS 16)

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
Hi,
I got a SM-G901F and noticed that it is not included in the supported devices list.
Will it be supported in the future, or is there a reason that it is not supported anymore?
(now running lineageOS 16)
I think you can really be glad about the good lineageOS support from cvxda. Android 9 is a reasonably modern OS for your old phone.

curiousrom

Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2011
Costa Rica
www.reddit.com
Bluetooth Crashing Bug Report With Logcat

...im having some issues with my Bluetooth on my Samsung S5 (SM-G900F)
...What can I do to help solving this issue?
Thanks for the detailed troubleshooting info & logcat. :cool:👍

What does it say in your S5 SM-G900F > Settings > About phone > Android version > Baseband version? See S5 Odin Flashable Modem & Bootloader to check if a more recent one is available for your model.

See the post #1 > Known Bugs - Known Issues chapter > 6- Bluetooth Crashing. Some users reported having issues with Bluetooth with some Bluetooth devices.

You could vote up & contribute to that linked bug report Bluetooth repeatedly crashes with multiple devices created by @KrautHolg & attach your logcat to it to attract @haggertk's attention maybe. 🤷‍♂️

You could also include a Bluetooth Manager log. See this post about how to do it: S5 Bluetooth Crashing Bug Report?

...I got a SM-G901F and noticed that it is not included in the supported devices list.
That model is not supported in this thread.

See LineageOS for Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE+ (G901F) / LTE-A (G906S/K/L).

The LineageOS maintainers for the S5 Plus are not the same as for the S5 klte + variants and there are hardware differences.

Last edited: