• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 for Xperia Z3 [CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Mitezuss

Dec 8, 2017
@Mr.Tom_Tom

Full logcat ? after started the android ?

1.png

2.png3.png

Reactions: Mr.Tom_Tom

Mr.Tom_Tom

Feb 16, 2008
Munich
@Mr.Tom_Tom

With the sensors app, the following sensors report "waiting for value"

orientation gravity linear acceleration (qti) and gyroscope (bosch gmg160)
Thanks for the log. Looks like a permission issue. Can you uninstall the "Exatools" Sensor app (and reboot) and look what happens here with this app:

Full logcat ? after started the android ?
Yes. When creating a log, can you make sure you run the command with the -b option to include kernel messages:
Code:
adb logcat -b all

Reactions: nikapos

nikapos

Thanks for the log. Looks like a permission issue. Can you uninstall the "Exatools" Sensor app (and reboot) and look what happens here with this app:

Yes. When creating a log, can you make sure you run the command with the -b option to include kernel messages:
Code:
adb logcat -b all
well, i dont think it is a permissions issue, because the sensor data after some time start coming back and then stop again. in any case, since you suggested it, here s the logcat..

Attachments

• logcat.txt
    3.8 MB · Views: 9

cmhdream

Jun 14, 2012
Sound modes (dolby atmos, XZ2 sound mode etc.) over TWRP except Magisk 20.4. Nothing was loaded. This issue is only present in lineageos and crDroid system. WHY IS THAT?
You must know your device is x32 or x64.
X32
Requirements
Android 9, 10, or 11
Magisk installed

X64
Requirements
Android 9, 10, or 11
64 bit
Magisk installed

Mr.Tom_Tom

Feb 16, 2008
Munich
well, i dont think it is a permissions issue, because the sensor data after some time start coming back and then stop again. in any case, since you suggested it, here s the logcat..

can not find "compass", why ? what is wrong on my phone ? (6603)
Thanks a lot @nikapos for the log. However, I was not able to find a hint in the log and also I am not able to reproduce a compass issue on a Z3 reference installation. Would need some additional information about the issues to follow up on this. Anybody else still has sensor issues?

Reactions: nikapos

Mr.Tom_Tom

Feb 16, 2008
Munich
@Mr.Tom_Tom
i have the logcat of 17.1 but can not attach =/, and i do not see nothing about compass or sensors =/
Log looks good but I also did not find anything helpful.

To summarize: Compass does not work for you on LOS 16 or 17.1. Can you go back to Stock ROM with EMMA and check if it is working there? If yes, you can increase the log level to gain more information.

jw243

Mar 21, 2016
I haven't used the Z3 for a few months due to the bugs associated with the sensors.

Have the sensor problems been solved in the meantime or does anybody still experience sensor problems?

I always had another sensor problem, that hasn't been mentioned anywhere to my knowledge, yet, and I wonder whether anyone else has ever experienced this:

When I make a phone call and hold the phone to my ear, the display switches off so that I don't accidentally press any on-screen-buttons. This is the intended behaviour. However, I had two problems with that:
  • Sometimes the distance-sensor would react too late and I indeed pressed some button on the screen with my ear.
  • After longer phone calls, the screen would stay switched off, when removing the phone from the ear and wouldn't switch back on automatically. I would have to double tap the screen or press the power button and log back in with my pin, which was very annoying.
Has anyone else ever experienced this behaviour? Has it happened in the past but does not occur with the actual builds?

I am looking forward to your experiences.

Phenom23

Mar 14, 2016
I haven't used the Z3 for a few months due to the bugs associated with the sensors.

Have the sensor problems been solved in the meantime or does anybody still experience sensor problems?

I always had another sensor problem, that hasn't been mentioned anywhere to my knowledge, yet, and I wonder whether anyone else has ever experienced this:

When I make a phone call and hold the phone to my ear, the display switches off so that I don't accidentally press any on-screen-buttons. This is the intended behaviour. However, I had two problems with that:
  • Sometimes the distance-sensor would react too late and I indeed pressed some button on the screen with my ear.
  • After longer phone calls, the screen would stay switched off, when removing the phone from the ear and wouldn't switch back on automatically. I would have to double tap the screen or press the power button and log back in with my pin, which was very annoying.
Has anyone else ever experienced this behaviour? Has it happened in the past but does not occur with the actual builds?

I am looking forward to your experiences.
yes, it has happpened to me while i was running the stock rom.. the root of this issue was that my screen was not glued tight in the right top corner, so light was going thorough, and the sensor was going crazy.. i glued the screen and now it's ok

Phenom23

Mar 14, 2016
I am concerned with the thermal thorottling bug.. how exactly does it occur and has been fixed (or will be in the future?)?

Phenom23

Mar 14, 2016
Also, i am on the latest build, i try to install magisk v23 via twrp, and it doesn't seem to work.. i even tried to flash magisk patched boot file, but still, i don't have root access..How can i install successfully magisk?

Mr.Tom_Tom

Feb 16, 2008
Munich
****** Lineage 18.1 is here******

Happy to announce that Lineage now officially supports 18.1 (Android 11) for our Z3.

The first build is available now on the official download page. It is also worth to mention that you will find the official Lineage recovery there and these builds are working fine now (contrary to 17.1 where the images were too big).

Big thanks to @NeoArian and the whole team still working on the Sony Shinano devices! I will create a dedicated thread for 18.1 in the upcoming days.

TheShadowOfAGhost20

Mar 8, 2020
Rasht
****** Lineage 18.1 is here******

Happy to announce that Lineage now officially supports 18.1 (Android 11) for our Z3.

The first build is available now on the official download page. It is also worth to mention that you will find the official Lineage recovery there and these builds are working fine now (contrary to 17.1 where the images were too big).

Big thanks to @NeoArian and the whole team still working on the Sony Shinano devices! I will create a dedicated thread for 18.1 in the upcoming days.
congrats! so excited to see it on my z3 dual! can lineage os recovery install it on dual devices like twrp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts