• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 for Xperia Z3 [CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

TheShadowOfAGhost20

Mar 8, 2020
Rasht
installed the rom but not via it's dedicated recovery! the recovery doesn't boot and ends up with black screen
so i installed it via 17.1's recovery.
everything is fine but it seems like magisk doesn't support lineage 18.1
v23 says N/A when i check root status, v22 causes bootloop, and v20.4 even fails to install in recovery!

installed the rom but not via it's dedicated recovery! the recovery doesn't boot and ends up with black screen
v23 says N/A when i check root status, v22 causes bootloop, and v20.4 even fails to install in recovery!
The patch referenced on this post : https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/10-lineageos-17-1-for-z3.3981379/post-85342957
solve this issue. I applied to version 23 and it is working.

Reactions: Mr.Tom_Tom

TheShadowOfAGhost20

Mar 8, 2020
Rasht
Feedback 2
some changes occured in this rom regarding file system
only root explorer can read system files correctly but other file managers show system folders with weird names
also the "data" and "obb" folders inside "Android" folder are not accessible by file managers
they show internal storage files from /storage/emulated/0 while the root explorer can access those two folders only by root/sdcard/
also the cpu temperature is good.

Reactions: Mr.Tom_Tom

Mr.Tom_Tom

Feb 16, 2008
Munich
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ****** Lineage 18.1 is here******

Happy to announce that Lineage now officially supports 18.1 (Android 11) for our Z3.

The first build is available now on the official download page. It is also worth to mention that you will find the official Lineage recovery there and these builds are working fine now (contrary to 17.1 where the images were too big).

Big thanks to @NeoArian and the whole team still working on the Sony Shinano devices! I will create a dedicated thread for 18.1 in the upcoming days.

Thread depreciated. There won't be anymore official LOS 17 builds for this device.

Please jump to:

if you are looking for new builds.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lineage_strip_teal.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) and can be used without the need to have any Google application installed.

Installation:
    If you are on stock OS, you need a custom recovery first. You can get the recommended recovery in the official installation instructions link below. There are also inofficial TWRP recovery builds available - if you want to use TWRP you need to ensure that it is compatible with Android 10.
    If you are coming from stock or other ROMs, you need to make a factory reset.
    As always, make sure to backup before installing this ROM.

Detailed instructions:
    Install LineageOS on z3

Downloads:

Changelog:
    Changes for z3

Source Code
    The source code of LineageOS is available here. If you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.
    • The z3 device tree is available here.
    • The kernel source code for this device is available here. The used configuration is lineageos_shinano_leo_defconfig available at arch/arm/configs/lineageos_shinano_leo_defconfig in the kernel source.

Bug reports:
    How to submit a bug report - Please do not submit anymore bug reports for 17.1 - try 18.1 first please.
    LineageOS GitLab

Donate to support development:
    Donate via PayPal to NeoArian *** Our main contributor for LineageOS 16 & 17 for Z3 and Z3 Compact ***
    Donate via PayPal to LineageOS

Thanksgiving
    Thanks to everyone who ever contributed to the custom development for this device, especially:
    @nailyk
    @rcstar6696
    @tomascus
    @Diewi
    @xkeita
    @drakonizer

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 17.1 for Xperia Z3, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z3

Contributors
    Mr.Tom_Tom, NeoArian, Myself5
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 23.5.A.1.291
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Nightly

Created 2020-09-11
    Last Updated 2020-09-12
    The official LineageOS 18.1 thread for z3 is now live. There won't be anymore official LOS 17 builds, therefore I will ask the moderators to close this thread.

For z3dual users I created a dedicated inofficial Lineage OS 18.1 thread for z3dual.

Thank you all for your contributions and support here in this thread, and hope to see you with 18.1 soon!
    Working on Wifi (5GHz) issues

I have been working on implementing an updated wifi driver into our kernel to fix the reported wifi issues (only some countries are affected). You can follow this thread for details.

I need some feedback from people in these affected countries with a Z3/Z3c/Z3Dual to see if the new builds work. I would appreciate if you test one of these builds here and send me a full log.

@TheShadowOfAGhost20 @mer5ad @giannhs_n @yahyazadeh58 @navidmafi
    If anybody is interested in new unofficial builds for Z3/Z3c/Z3dual with alternate wifi driver: