[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 for z3c

Search This thread

wtor68

Nov 4, 2017
Same problem here (with gapps and Magisk). I updated also my LOS 16 to 17.1 and the MAC changes at every reboot. But i have another device which was newly installed from scratch which doesn't have that problem. The MAC keeps the same. May be some kind of update problem?

I have done some tests. It looks like expected. If i update from LOS 16 to 17.1 the MAC always changes. If i wipe /data before the MAC keeps the same. But with wiping data an update makes no sense.... So something on data results in that problem, but i don't know what. Any ideas?

wtor68

Nov 4, 2017
I have done some tests. It looks like expected. If i update from LOS 16 to 17.1 the MAC always changes. If i wipe /data before the MAC keeps the same. But with wiping data an update makes no sense.... So something on data results in that problem, but i don't know what. Any ideas?

Solution found. I removed the folder /data/vendor (after backup) within twrp. While rebooting this folder is automatically recreated. Now the MAC keeps the same.

DC-TeaAge

Apr 22, 2014
So ... how to install LOS updates? It made a note that an update is avaiable. I download it (around 480MB), select install and it informs me it will reboot into Recovery to install it. So it reboots, does some stuff and then i'm, in TWRP ... and now what? What does it expect me to do? Reboot to system just brings me back to TWRP. Fo i have to do a Factory Reset?

Sorry if these questions are stupid, but it really isn't straight forward for some people (stupid ones like me).

And now the Google Apps are gone :-/

Last edited:

pawloland

Jan 23, 2019
So ... how to install LOS updates? It made a note that an update is avaiable. I download it (around 480MB), select install and it informs me it will reboot into Recovery to install it. So it reboots, does some stuff and then i'm, in TWRP ... and now what? What does it expect me to do? Reboot to system just brings me back to TWRP. Fo i have to do a Factory Reset?

Sorry if these questions are stupid, but it really isn't straight forward for some people (stupid ones like me).

And now the Google Apps are gone :-/
It should boot to TWRP, automatically flash update zip and boot to system, all without any user input. If it didn't, then you most probably have wrong twrp flashed. Please flash the one in the first post and try again. This updater process is just automated dirty flashing of downloaded zip, so gapps and data won't be removed.

DC-TeaAge

Apr 22, 2014
It should boot to TWRP, automatically flash update zip and boot to system, all without any user input. If it didn't, then you most probably have wrong twrp flashed. Please flash the one in the first post and try again. This updater process is just automated dirty flashing of downloaded zip, so gapps and data won't be removed.

But i did: I have TWRP 3.3.1-0 from the link in this sentence: "If you prefer TWRP over Lineage recovery, you can get it here."

pawloland

Jan 23, 2019
But i did I have TWRP 3.3.1-0 from the link in this sentence: "If you prefer TWRP over Lineage recovery, you can get it here."
Then maybe you have initially flashed the zip incorrectly (didn't fully wipe partitions and/or didn't format them before flashing)? I don't really know what could be the issue here other than the things I already mentioned. Last possible but very unlikely couse of the problem could be corrupted zip after downloading or this particular build is just faulty, after merging some changes done to lineage's sources. To confirm or bust this hypothesis you would need to start over from flashing twrp from first post, wipe all partitions and format them accordingly, flash last working for you los, and then install update through updater in setting app. If it fails again and you stay in twrp, please copy the twrp logs, so I (if the problem is some step you overlooked) or most likely @NeoArian (if it is broken build) can help you.

kayak1987

Jun 27, 2017
Hi all
I'm currently on the concept software I think is MM 6.0
Im trying to figure out if switching to this new OS worth the effort or not.
I'm looking for a reliable and fast os, actually mine is getting slower, probably because of the three years without a factory reset.
I really need an advice, I'm still using my z3c as main smartphone because of his compact dimensions and I'm trying to give him a second chance with this os.

tomKater

Jul 29, 2014
Huawei MediaPad M5 Lite
Hi Everybody,

Big problems of sound in the last build flashed today (lineage-17.1-20201013-nightly-z3c-signed.zip). No notification, no music, no ringing. No sound too when I plugged an earphone.

When a call comes in, micro is on mute and unable to unmute. Not possible to hear the caller too.

Seems to be related with the last build because I flashed the 3 october build again. With this build I have sound (but phone is not usable unfortunately).

Is there anyone else in the same situation ?

Last edited:

xfranky81

Oct 13, 2020
Hi Everybody,

Big problems of sound in the last build flashed today (lineage-17.1-20201013-nightly-z3c-signed.zip). No notification, no music, no ringing. No sound too when I plugged an earphone.

When a call comes in, micro is on mute and unable to unmute. Not possible to hear the caller too.

Seems to be related with the last build because I flashed the 3 october build again. With this build I have sound (but phone is not usable unfortunately).

Same here. I don't really use the z3c as a daily driver, but I don't remember this issue in previous builds.

Zwulfulfsn

Jan 13, 2020
Unable to unlock phone

Interesting. Can you tell me what you did exactly? I flashed 0610 with twrp too but after reboot I couldn't unlock my phone...

Hello,
I have the same problems like tomKater. After flashing to 1310 build there where sound issues (no sound at all during phone call and playing music etc.). After flashing back to 0610 with TWRP and wiping cache/dalvik I was able to unlock my phone with SIM-Pin but not with number-based unlock code. Screen went black after correct PIN-input and shows the Dial-Pad again. Any Ideas to break this unlock-Pin loop?! Nevertheless this is a great ROM - thanks to NeoArian.

wtor68

Nov 4, 2017
Hello,
I have the same problems like tomKater. After flashing to 1310 build there where sound issues (no sound at all during phone call and playing music etc.). After flashing back to 0610 with TWRP and wiping cache/dalvik I was able to unlock my phone with SIM-Pin but not with number-based unlock code. Screen went black after correct PIN-input and shows the Dial-Pad again. Any Ideas to break this unlock-Pin loop?! Nevertheless this is a great ROM - thanks to NeoArian.

May be thats the difference. I use only sim code, no additional screen lock. This worked with 0610 after rollback.

ctznbck

Mar 14, 2019
Sound problem after flashing the 10th October build

Exactly the same problem of sound for me after flashing the 10th October build.
Any idea of what we can do to ? Just come back to the 3rd October build ?
Thank you for you help :)

Hi Everybody,

Zwulfulfsn

Jan 13, 2020
May be thats the difference. I use only sim code, no additional screen lock. This worked with 0610 after rollback.

I´ve updated again to 1310 build from 0610 build. Afterwards unlocking with unlock-code works again but the sound issues occured again. Trying to remove unlock screen-code and than flash back to 0610.

tomKater

Jul 29, 2014
Huawei MediaPad M5 Lite

I tried too this steps :

- Flash in 1310 build
- disable lock screen
- Flash in 0610

=> still doesn't work. I swipe to unlock the phone and black screen. So at this moment I'm back in 1310 build and use a bluetooth headset for calls (this is the only way to communicate). I hope that there will be a fix very soon because it's my daily driver ...

Zwulfulfsn

Jan 13, 2020
I tried too this steps :

- Flash in 1310 build
- disable lock screen
- Flash in 0610

=> still doesn't work. I swipe to unlock the phone and black screen. So at this moment I'm back in 1310 build and use a bluetooth headset for calls (this is the only way to communicate). I hope that there will be a fix very soon because it's my daily driver ...

Same behaviour with disabled lock-screen after downgrad like tomKater described in his post. But also bluetooth headset is not working in 1310 build after reflash.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good Evening!

It's the time again, you might have already noticed that lineage 18.1 is official for some devices now. We, the sony shinano maintainers, were not sleeping and have also prepared our device for 18.1. I have uploaded a test build here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/ep...18.1/lineage-18.1-20210406-UNOFFICIAL-z3c.zip
    I would appreciate some testing/feedback on this build. There shouldn't be major issues on the test build, from my own testing it should be on-par with 17.1.
    I am optimistic that we can also achieve an official release of 18.1 for the z3c.

All source codes can be found on the lineageos github in lineage-18.1 branches + additional patches for sony msm8974 are up on gerrit: https://review.lineageos.org/q/status:open+-is:wip

Happy flashing!
    I use Magisk 20.3 because everyhting works fine :)

No warranty that the latest version works and there is no other way since LOS 17, AFAIK....
    @pawloland Thanks for answering! I successfully backed up my DRM keys using "Universal (Dirtycow-based) TA Backup v2" which was very easy to do and didn't even need rooting the device prior.

*EDIT* I successfully installed this ROM now, all looking good so far. What's the recommended method to root this LineageOS ROM?

*EDIT2* Well, the enjoyment with the device only lasted for a very short while since I now discovered that SD-cards won't click-in into the Z3Cs reader. Appalling quality control at Sony, attention to detail traditionally only to their DRM systems :-( I'll try to get a replacement device from the seller, so my question above regarding how to root best is still valid.
    Magisk 20.4 flashable zip, can be updated to the latest via the app, but it seems versions after 20.4 do not survive LOS updates. Magisk app v.22 is fine
    p.s. Need to push sdcard quite deep so that it snaps into place
    Hi, it might be a bit off topic.
    I just tried 17.1 on my z3c and noticed that some of my apps for work do not work on Android 10, so I wanted to go back to 16.0 but i don't have the zip file anymore. As I could not find a recent download for 16.0 I wanted to ask if someone still had recent version?
    I think I had lineage-16.0-20200901-nightly-z3c-signed.zip (I think it was the last 16.0 Version) so if someone could upload it or point me to a download link it would be very appreciated.

regards
    You have a PM... For all others: there's still a microG version (only a bit older) on https://download.lineage.microg.org/z3c/
    Just as with other Android 9 and 10 roms, I had heavy battery drain because of the media.extractor process.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/10-official-carbonrom-cr-8-0-z3c.4047649/post-84715425

I worked around it by killing it at boot with a simple Tasker profile (Edit: I added a two minutes delay to make sure the process is already started) :
    <TaskerData sr="" dvi="1" tv="5.9.3">
    <Profile sr="prof2" ve="2">
    <cdate>1616707624817</cdate>
    <edate>1617276057191</edate>
    <flags>8</flags>
    <id>2</id>
    <mid0>3</mid0>
    <nme>Kill media.extractor</nme>
    <Event sr="con0" ve="2">
    <code>411</code>
    <pri>0</pri>
    </Event>
    </Profile>
    <Task sr="task3">
    <cdate>1616707684454</cdate>
    <edate>1617276057191</edate>
    <id>3</id>
    <pri>100</pri>
    <Action sr="act0" ve="7">
    <code>30</code>
    <Int sr="arg0" val="0"/>
    <Int sr="arg1" val="0"/>
    <Int sr="arg2" val="2"/>
    <Int sr="arg3" val="0"/>
    <Int sr="arg4" val="0"/>
    </Action>
    <Action sr="act1" ve="7">
    <code>123</code>
    <Str sr="arg0" ve="3">killall media.extractor</Str>
    <Int sr="arg1" val="0"/>
    <Int sr="arg2" val="1"/>
    <Str sr="arg3" ve="3"/>
    <Str sr="arg4" ve="3"/>
    <Str sr="arg5" ve="3"/>
    </Action>
    </Task>
    </TaskerData>

Like mentioned, we currently have to use Magisk 20.4 to root it.
    The best way is to install LineageOS then Magisk 20.4 and finally Magisk 22 all through recovery.

Edit: I finally identified the problematic file, a 70 MB opus file.
    2okPze5.png

Introduction
    LineageOS, an open-source Android distribution, is available for several devices,
    with more being continuously added thanks to the biggest, yet ever growing, Android open-source community.
    Join us and breathe new life in your device, be it old or new.
    If you don't know LineageOS and would like to read about it before installing it you can take a look at the official Website.

Features
    Individuality
    Customization is paramount to productivity.
    That’s why LineageOS promises to push for user personalization and preference.
    Everyone is unique and your device should be too.
    Security
    Your data, your rules. With powerful tools such as Privacy Guard, you are in control of what your apps can do whenever you want.
    Trust will help you understand the security of your device and warn you about possible threats.
    We take security very seriously: that’s why we deliver security updates every month to all our supported devices.
    And to make your device more secure, lock everything behind an enhanced lock screen.
    Longevity
    LineageOS extends the functionality and lifespan of mobile devices from more than 20 different manufacturers thanks to our open-source community of contributors from all around the world.

Installation:
    If you are on stock OS, you need a custom recovery first. You can get the recommended recovery in the official installation instructions link below.
    If you are coming from stock or other ROMs, you need to make a factory reset.
    As always, make sure to backup before installing this ROM.

More detailed instructions at:
    Install LineageOS on z3c

Downloads
    Download LineageOS 17.1 for Xperia Z3 Compact.
    If you prefer TWRP over Lineage recovery, you can get it here.
    Recommended Google Apps package: Open GApps (choose ARM as Platform and 10.0 as Android, use the Variant you want. Recommended nano package)

Source code
    All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

The device specific source code can be found in the LineageOS Github repo.
    Z3 Compact device tree
    Sony Shinano common device tree
    Sony MSM8974 common device tree
    Sony MSM8974 kernel
    The used defconfig is lineageos_shinano_aries_defconfig.

Changelog:
    Changes for z3c

Bug reports:
    How to submit a bug report
    LineageOS GitLab

Donate to support development:
    Donate via PayPal to NeoArian
    Donate via PayPal to LineageOS

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 17.1 for z3c, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact

Contributors
    NeoArian
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2020-09-08
    Last Updated 2020-09-12
    Good Evening!

It's the time again, you might have already noticed that lineage 18.1 is official for some devices now. We, the sony shinano maintainers, were not sleeping and have also prepared our device for 18.1. I have uploaded a test build here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/ep...18.1/lineage-18.1-20210406-UNOFFICIAL-z3c.zip
    I would appreciate some testing/feedback on this build. There shouldn't be major issues on the test build, from my own testing it should be on-par with 17.1.
    I am optimistic that we can also achieve an official release of 18.1 for the z3c.

All source codes can be found on the lineageos github in lineage-18.1 branches + additional patches for sony msm8974 are up on gerrit: https://review.lineageos.org/q/status:open+-is:wip

Happy flashing!
    Hello @NeoArian , hello community. I'am very happy to see that the "BTLowPower" wakelock issue was fixed by @J_C_D and that it was merged into the android_kernel_sony_msm8974 repository last week. Thanks to all of you that spend your time supporting the Z3C and other older devices until now.
    Yes, that's right.
    When Safe Start is turned on, the accelerometer does not work. Therefore, screen rotation, light sensor does not work.
    Thanks for the report. We were able to reproduce it and have fixed it. We will merge the fix within some days so that it will be fixed in the upcoming releases.
    Greetings, arian.
    GOOD NEWS EVERYBODY!!!
    I managed to finally fix the persistent "BTLowPower" wakelock
    which caused the CPU to no longer enter Deep Sleep state and thus resulted in high battery drain once Bluetooth had been enabled! 🍻

UPDATE: I just found a much simpler solution that does the trick! The real culprit was a #ifdef in BT Power Management that was introduced by a commit in July 2019 and then has fallen into oblivion :ROFLMAO:.
    Fixed! -> Version 3.
    @tblr0ne , @L.Lmar : can you please also test this version?

*** TESTERS NEEDED! ***

Find attached the modified boot.img. USE AT OWN RISK!

Installation:
    - reboot Z3C into Bootloader (Vol+)
    - flash new boot image over current LineageOS17.1 installation using fastboot
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot-BTLowPower-fix-3.img
    - reboot
    Code:
    fastboot reboot

NOTE for Magisk users:

After flashing the new boot image, it is required to re-install Magisk. Do this by immediately booting into TWRP after the new boot image is flashed.
    Also note that you need Magisk v20.4 for this! Later versions won't work.
    Anyway, you will be able to upgrade Magisk to up-to-date versions using Magisk Manager after the system has booted.

@NeoArian when everything seems ok, I will create a merge request in LineageOS/android_kernel_sony_msm8974. Is this the correct place / way to go?
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone