• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 for z3c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

nokian95ita

Sep 19, 2008
Good Morning, i switched to open gapps aroma and installed android auto and what i need but when i link to my car it say that there is no compatible app installed

tomKater

Jul 29, 2014
Huawei MediaPad M5 Lite

nokian95ita

Sep 19, 2008
Hi,

I faced the same problem. You have to come back to the opengapps version 1/12 (https://sourceforge.net/projects/op...en_gapps-arm-10.0-aroma-20201201.zip/download). Don't know why.

Link your car with this version, and after you can update Android auto and other apps.
i switched to BitGapps only core package and after i installed mannually all that i need and it worked but the very problem is that is very very laggi and in unsuefull. do you use with z3 compact? how do it work?

tomKater

Jul 29, 2014
Huawei MediaPad M5 Lite
i switched to BitGapps only core package and after i installed mannually all that i need and it worked but the very problem is that is very very laggi and in unsuefull. do you use with z3 compact? how do it work?
I use with Z3 compact and since the flash, I've only used it once, but I haven't noticed anything unusual. For my part, I flashed the opengapps stock version (1/12).

tomKater

Jul 29, 2014
Huawei MediaPad M5 Lite
sorry i think that my words was bad.... the smartphone work good but with android auto is very laggi, i want to use the sony beacause my mi9t is very big for me
Yes, it's was well like that I had understood : since the flash, I connected only once my phone to my car and used android auto. But for my part, I haven't noticed anything unusual, Android auto was usable as usually...
But if you never used Android auto with the sony z3c before, you have to know that it's still a little bit slow to start each time you connect your phone, but after that it's usable.

Reactions: nokian95ita

nokian95ita

Sep 19, 2008
Yes, it's was well like that I had understood : since the flash, I connected only once my phone to my car and used android auto. But for my part, I haven't noticed anything unusual, Android auto was usable as usually...
But if you never used Android auto with the sony z3c before, you have to know that it's still a little bit slow to start each time you connect your phone, but after that it's usable.
Now it work, i deleted all data from android auto and restarted all. yes it continue to be a little slow but it can be used. thanks a lot, i like it

I have a new question: i want to remove the black bar under the keyboard, it appear beacause i have more keyboard installed

I reverted to Gapps like as say @tomKater but it doen't work good. I need to delete all data whenever i link the smartphone to the head unit. I don't have a stand alone head unit bit i use head unit reloaded. when i link the smarphone it launch android auto but after few second android auto close it self so if delete all data it work but at next connection i need to delete al data.

Last edited:

tomKater

Jul 29, 2014
Huawei MediaPad M5 Lite
Is there any news about that? I have the same problem. No deep sleep with this ROM and this is a no-go for me.

I confirm too. I missed the post by @pawloland and it's been several days that I investigate my battery drain (it empties almost completely during the night when there is not use at all). However, my impression was that it was worse since the last updates (or maybe it's not the rom but one of my app ...).

oscardu13

Feb 5, 2021
Hi everyone,
i'm a LOS enthousiast since a couple of years, mostly on Samsung, but let say i'm still a noob !
I've been working for the last two days on a Sony Xperia Z3 Compact.
I managed to install TWRP with fastboot, and the installation of lineage 17.1 seems to work fine, finishing with "script succeeded". The next screen asks if if want to install the TWRP app, ok, why not, then i swipe right to reboot the system and then... black screen. Not event the smal led is on. The phone is not dead, there is a vibration when i press the power button.
The only thing i can from there is connect back to fastboot, and restart twrp from there.
I had the same result with different versions of TWRP (3.0.2, 3.2.1, 3.3.0) and different roms.
Lineage 14.1 installs fine and run.
Any fast help or suggestion is very welcome !
thanks in advance

J_C_D

Jan 30, 2012
Mannheim / Germany
I confirm too. I missed the post by @pawloland and it's been several days that I investigate my battery drain (it empties almost completely during the night when there is not use at all). However, my impression was that it was worse since the last updates (or maybe it's not the rom but one of my app ...).
I just learned something new: the problem does not occur, when BT is switched off right from system startup!
The wakelock ("BTLowPower") then only occurs when BT becomes switched on (this may be ok, I don't know), but when BT is then switched off again, the wakelock persists!
For me, that seems like a simple driver bug.

I'm curently looking up the code of bcm4339 and as far as I understand, the wakelock is only used to ensure that IRQ requests of the BT hardware are handled by the CPU instead of going to deep sleep. Seems pretty simple, but how is it possible that this wakelock persists after BT is deactivated???
EDIT: I was wrong: It is intended to prevent the device from deep sleep for 10 seconds after BT activity.

EDIT: Ok, for me the Low Power handling of this driver seems completely broken: The culprit seems to be that host_wake_isr() activates the wakelock but cancels the enter_lpm_timer which is in turn responsible to clear the wakelock. I believe that it should restart the timer instead.
But this seems not the only bug: imho, bcm_bt_lpm_exit_lpm() should re-lock the wakelock when restarting the enter_lpm_timer, which it doesn't do.
Can someone help debugging / looking through that stuff?

Last edited:

J_C_D

Jan 30, 2012
Mannheim / Germany
@NeoArian could you please point me to the correct toolchain and kernel sources of this fw to allow me to test modifications of the BT driver?

I'm currently using the kernel sources from branch lineage-17.1 of this Repo and this cross-build toolchain, manually down-dated to a pre-clang state (my head is now at commit a4d56615040a9a42f8345c65d4877ca9b934808e).
Curiously, I had to slightly modify the kernel config (based on shinano_aries_defconfig), otherwise the kernel didn't link because of some missing netfilter module.

Now, when I flash that kernel, the device does not boot anymore, so something seems to be completely wrong here.

EDIT: My own kernel build boots now! :)

And this is what I had to do:
- use lineageos_shinano_aries_defconfig instead of shinano_aries_defconfig
- repack boot.img using zImage-dtb instead of zImage

Last edited:

J_C_D

Jan 30, 2012
Mannheim / Germany
GOOD NEWS EVERYBODY!!!
I managed to finally fix the persistent "BTLowPower" wakelock
which caused the CPU to no longer enter Deep Sleep state and thus resulted in high battery drain once Bluetooth had been enabled! 🍻

UPDATE: I just found a much simpler solution that does the trick! The real culprit was a #ifdef in BT Power Management that was introduced by a commit in July 2019 and then has fallen into oblivion :ROFLMAO:.
Fixed! -> Version 3.
@tblr0ne , @L.Lmar : can you please also test this version?

*** TESTERS NEEDED! ***

Find attached the modified boot.img. USE AT OWN RISK!

Installation:
- reboot Z3C into Bootloader (Vol+)
- flash new boot image over current LineageOS17.1 installation using fastboot
Code:
fastboot flash boot boot-BTLowPower-fix-3.img
- reboot
Code:
fastboot reboot

NOTE for Magisk users:

After flashing the new boot image, it is required to re-install Magisk. Do this by immediately booting into TWRP after the new boot image is flashed.
Also note that you need Magisk v20.4 for this! Later versions won't work.
Anyway, you will be able to upgrade Magisk to up-to-date versions using Magisk Manager after the system has booted.

@NeoArian when everything seems ok, I will create a merge request in LineageOS/android_kernel_sony_msm8974. Is this the correct place / way to go?

Attachments

• boot-BTLowPower-fix-3.img
    7.7 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:

versus2165897

Feb 7, 2021
Some bugs appeared on the last 3 updates. Reflashing did not fix the problems. I have no gaps installed, root.
The problem appears when I enable Safe Start, when the device is encrypted.
1. Accelerometer sensor, autoprotect, proximity does not work.
2. When turning on the phone, a long startup before the screen where you must enter the password is displayed. Usually the first startup should be faster, asking for the password.
The problem lies somewhere in the encryption of the device, in the option Safe start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good Evening!

It's the time again, you might have already noticed that lineage 18.1 is official for some devices now. We, the sony shinano maintainers, were not sleeping and have also prepared our device for 18.1. I have uploaded a test build here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/ep...18.1/lineage-18.1-20210406-UNOFFICIAL-z3c.zip
    I would appreciate some testing/feedback on this build. There shouldn't be major issues on the test build, from my own testing it should be on-par with 17.1.
    I am optimistic that we can also achieve an official release of 18.1 for the z3c.

All source codes can be found on the lineageos github in lineage-18.1 branches + additional patches for sony msm8974 are up on gerrit: https://review.lineageos.org/q/status:open+-is:wip

Happy flashing!
    2okPze5.png

Introduction
    LineageOS, an open-source Android distribution, is available for several devices,
    with more being continuously added thanks to the biggest, yet ever growing, Android open-source community.
    Join us and breathe new life in your device, be it old or new.
    If you don't know LineageOS and would like to read about it before installing it you can take a look at the official Website.

Features
    Individuality
    Customization is paramount to productivity.
    That’s why LineageOS promises to push for user personalization and preference.
    Everyone is unique and your device should be too.
    Security
    Your data, your rules. With powerful tools such as Privacy Guard, you are in control of what your apps can do whenever you want.
    Trust will help you understand the security of your device and warn you about possible threats.
    We take security very seriously: that’s why we deliver security updates every month to all our supported devices.
    And to make your device more secure, lock everything behind an enhanced lock screen.
    Longevity
    LineageOS extends the functionality and lifespan of mobile devices from more than 20 different manufacturers thanks to our open-source community of contributors from all around the world.

Installation:
    If you are on stock OS, you need a custom recovery first. You can get the recommended recovery in the official installation instructions link below.
    If you are coming from stock or other ROMs, you need to make a factory reset.
    As always, make sure to backup before installing this ROM.

More detailed instructions at:
    Install LineageOS on z3c

Downloads
    Download LineageOS 17.1 for Xperia Z3 Compact.
    If you prefer TWRP over Lineage recovery, you can get it here.
    Recommended Google Apps package: Open GApps (choose ARM as Platform and 10.0 as Android, use the Variant you want. Recommended nano package)

Source code
    All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

The device specific source code can be found in the LineageOS Github repo.
    Z3 Compact device tree
    Sony Shinano common device tree
    Sony MSM8974 common device tree
    Sony MSM8974 kernel
    The used defconfig is lineageos_shinano_aries_defconfig.

Changelog:
    Changes for z3c

Bug reports:
    How to submit a bug report
    LineageOS GitLab

Donate to support development:
    Donate via PayPal to NeoArian
    Donate via PayPal to LineageOS

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 17.1 for z3c, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact

Contributors
    NeoArian
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2020-09-08
    Last Updated 2020-09-12
    Revived my Z3c with LineageOS 17.1 a few days ago and I'm very pleased so far.
    Nice to see that this great device still has community love and support.

But the current Lineage ROMs have a bug that prevent Netguard (an open source, no root VPN based Firewall) from running correctly and blocks all traffic if the VPN Service is active:
    It seems the problem was fixed for some devices and partly for others but not in general.

@NeoArian Can you have a look if the fix can be ported to the Z3C?
    Yes, i will take a look into the kernel patches soon.
    After neglecting the phone for a couple of months, I finally rediscovered it in a drawer, even with some remaining charge. It was still running an older 17.1 version, and with 20210608 being the latest release, I decided to OTA upgrade.

After downloading, I gave my OK to boot into TWRP (3.3.1 from 2019) but that one didn't find the update automatically.

Is this expected behaviour, or did I miss something important? I found the file in /data/lineageos_updates eventually...

Also during installation, I couldn't spot any hint of GApps being adapted (but PlayStore is still there, so I won't worry) while Magisk (20.4) logs showed up... At the moment, a MagiskManager at 23.0 with Magisk left at 20.4 seems to pass SafetyNet tests, and I'm not eager to break the device. Could this cause any problems?
    Please use the recommened lineage recovery, OTA is working fine with it. If the Playstore is still there you don't need to worry about having lost the gapps.
    What kind of problems do you talk about with magisk?
    The problem still exists in latest 17.1-20210608 Nightly. Any updates?

And I encountered another bug. When I try to uninstall certain apps the package installer immediately closes and nothing happens (for example when trying to uninstall Whatsapp). But only a few apps are affected.
    But it could also be a problem with open GAPPS since GAPPS replaces the AOSP package installer with the google one.

Encryption worked without a problem. First I thought something went wrong because the lineage boot animation was shown for a very long time (20-30 min) and then it rebooted into recovery. After wiping cache and dalvik the OS booted fast and without problems.
    I can not reproduce the issue about uninstalling apps on a build without gapps. Could you get a log of that?
    I'm sorry about the screen timeout issue, but i currently don't have the time to look into it, the main focus lies on device specific issues and an official release of 18.1.
    GOOD NEWS EVERYBODY!!!
    I managed to finally fix the persistent "BTLowPower" wakelock
    which caused the CPU to no longer enter Deep Sleep state and thus resulted in high battery drain once Bluetooth had been enabled! 🍻

UPDATE: I just found a much simpler solution that does the trick! The real culprit was a #ifdef in BT Power Management that was introduced by a commit in July 2019 and then has fallen into oblivion :ROFLMAO:.
    Fixed! -> Version 3.
    @tblr0ne , @L.Lmar : can you please also test this version?

*** TESTERS NEEDED! ***

Find attached the modified boot.img. USE AT OWN RISK!

Installation:
    - reboot Z3C into Bootloader (Vol+)
    - flash new boot image over current LineageOS17.1 installation using fastboot
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot-BTLowPower-fix-3.img
    - reboot
    Code:
    fastboot reboot

NOTE for Magisk users:

After flashing the new boot image, it is required to re-install Magisk. Do this by immediately booting into TWRP after the new boot image is flashed.
    Also note that you need Magisk v20.4 for this! Later versions won't work.
    Anyway, you will be able to upgrade Magisk to up-to-date versions using Magisk Manager after the system has booted.

@NeoArian when everything seems ok, I will create a merge request in LineageOS/android_kernel_sony_msm8974. Is this the correct place / way to go?
    Hello @NeoArian , hello community. I'am very happy to see that the "BTLowPower" wakelock issue was fixed by @J_C_D and that it was merged into the android_kernel_sony_msm8974 repository last week. Thanks to all of you that spend your time supporting the Z3C and other older devices until now.