Search This thread

NeoArian

Recognized Developer
Nov 25, 2017
Sony Xperia Z2
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
2okPze5.png

Introduction
LineageOS, an open-source Android distribution, is available for several devices,
with more being continuously added thanks to the biggest, yet ever growing, Android open-source community.
Join us and breathe new life in your device, be it old or new.
If you don't know LineageOS and would like to read about it before installing it you can take a look at the official Website.

Features
Individuality
Customization is paramount to productivity.
That’s why LineageOS promises to push for user personalization and preference.
Everyone is unique and your device should be too.
Security
Your data, your rules. With powerful tools such as Privacy Guard, you are in control of what your apps can do whenever you want.
Trust will help you understand the security of your device and warn you about possible threats.
We take security very seriously: that’s why we deliver security updates every month to all our supported devices.
And to make your device more secure, lock everything behind an enhanced lock screen.
Longevity
LineageOS extends the functionality and lifespan of mobile devices from more than 20 different manufacturers thanks to our open-source community of contributors from all around the world.

Installation:
If you are on stock OS, you need a custom recovery first. You can get the recommended recovery in the official installation instructions link below.
If you are coming from stock or other ROMs, you need to make a factory reset.
As always, make sure to backup before installing this ROM.

More detailed instructions at:
Install LineageOS on z3c

Downloads
Download LineageOS 17.1 for Xperia Z3 Compact.
If you prefer TWRP over Lineage recovery, you can get it here.
Recommended Google Apps package: Open GApps (choose ARM as Platform and 10.0 as Android, use the Variant you want. Recommended nano package)

Source code
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

The device specific source code can be found in the LineageOS Github repo.
Z3 Compact device tree
Sony Shinano common device tree
Sony MSM8974 common device tree
Sony MSM8974 kernel
The used defconfig is lineageos_shinano_aries_defconfig.

Changelog:
Changes for z3c

Bug reports:
How to submit a bug report
LineageOS GitLab

Donate to support development:
Donate via PayPal to NeoArian
Donate via PayPal to LineageOS

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 17.1 for z3c, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact

Contributors
NeoArian
ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2020-09-08
Last Updated 2020-09-12

pawloland

Jan 23, 2019
Sony Xperia 5 II
On this remarkable day, on the 9th of September, when android 11 has official release, z3c was given official build of android 10 with Lineage OS 17.1:laugh:. I am not complaining thought, great work, keep it up man.

shadowstep

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
Jun 6, 2014
Ambala Cantt
OnePlus 9R
Samsung Galaxy Watch 6

NeoArian

Recognized Developer
Nov 25, 2017
Sony Xperia Z2
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
@NeoArian There already exists a LOS 17.1 thread created by you. Can you please confirm which one out of the two do you wish to keep? Duplicate threads are not permitted as per the Forum Rules.

Link to the existing thread: https://xdaforums.com/z3-compact/orig-development/10-lineageos-17-0-z3c-t3976529

Additionally, the first post doesn't contain a link to the Kernel source. Kindly add the same as well, as that's mandatory under GPL.

Regards,
shadowstep
Forum Moderator
This thread is for the Official builds, I will close the unofficial thread. The first post lists the lineageos GitHub for the sources where the kernel source code can be found, I will add some more details regarding that in first post.
Greetings, Arian.

tomKater

Jul 29, 2014
Huawei MediaPad M5 Lite
Hi everybody,

First, thank you NeoArian and other contributors for your great work. Just a question : I have no experience with Lineage recovery. What is the differences between Lineage recovery and TWRP ? What are the pros and cons ? If I try Lineage recovery, is it easy to go back to TWRP ? Without a full install ?

Thank you for your reply.

shadowstep

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
Jun 6, 2014
Ambala Cantt
OnePlus 9R
Samsung Galaxy Watch 6
This thread is for the Official builds, I will close the unofficial thread. The first post lists the lineageos GitHub for the sources where the kernel source code can be found, I will add some more details regarding that in first post.
Greetings, Arian.

Thank you for the confirmation, Arian. Please close the old unofficial thread at your earliest convenience and we will be good to do on that front. Regarding the sources, yes, I see the link to the LOS GitHub, but I'll appreciate if you link the kernel repository (and if possible the device tree and vendor tree, if applicable) instead of the single LOS GitHub link.

Thanks for your work!

Regards,
shadowstep
Forum Moderator

john_matrix

Nov 22, 2008
France
Thank you very much NeoArian for your official build of LineageOS 17.1
I have installed it this morning and have only noticed that the rear camera is not working (the front one is working normally).
I have tested it with the bundled camera app and with Footej camera.

Maybe my z3c is dying so is this happen to someone else?

bigandyb

Dec 13, 2007
Thank you very much NeoArian for your official build of LineageOS 17.1
I have installed it this morning and have only noticed that the rear camera is not working (the front one is working normally).
I have tested it with the bundled camera app and with Footej camera.

Maybe my z3c is dying so is this happen to someone else?

I just flashed this over the last 17.1 unofficial build, and the cameras are working.

Alizad00

May 16, 2019
Tabriz
Hello NeoArian
at first id like to thank you for keeping this device alive
second i wanted to ask how can i use this method again to use wifi in middle east
the error says : wifi-service.odex has no dex files
I really appreciate your hard work
Thanks a lot

Edit : Nevermind
Thanks for rom Again

Last edited:
Upgrade from 16.0 via TWRP.

For my case: Camera (front/back), Mic, NFC, Bluetooth and GPS works without any issues so far. I wish I could help with some logs but it feels already so stable. I'm so baffled that devices like the Z3C with 2GB is running so fast and reliable with the latest Android.... except their 3.5 jacks of course :)

Abandoned from the company and kept alive by the community.

Thanks to all involved and especially thanks for maintaining @NeoArian

Best regards

damiank94

Jul 19, 2016
Hey,

Could someone tell me how to revert back to stock ROM? Cause LOS changes partitions structure and I can't restore my backup.

BTW. Snap 801 isn't ARM64 SoC. Well, at least I couldn't install ARM64 GApps

Last edited:

pawloland

Jan 23, 2019
Sony Xperia 5 II
Downloads
Recommended Google Apps package: Open GApps (choose ARM64 as Platform and 10.0 as Android, use the Variant you want. Recommended nano package)
Hey @NeoArian. A little typo here, that can cause serious problems for some newbies here. We should use ARM GApps, NOT ARM64. You probably forgot to modify accordingly your post template while creating new thread, since on the lineage's device wiki it correctly specifies ARM Gapps.

If you don't mind, I would also like to ask about updating from official LOS 16 to 17.1 WITHOUT LOSING DATA. So I read here about the procedure but I am not familiar with adb side loading - I am more of TWRP guy myself ;). Are these steps correct for updating through TWRP :confused: :
  1. Have official LOS 16 + your TWRP recommended for android 9 + GApps nano 9 ARM + Magisk 20.4 installed
  2. Download a new TWRP from here
  3. Download latest LOS 17.1 from here and copy it to device
  4. Download GApps from here and copy it to device
  5. Reboot to fastboot and flash new recovery
  6. Boot to recovery
  7. Flash latest LOS 17.1 on top of old LOS 16
  8. Flash new GApps for android 10 (on top of GApps from android 9?)
  9. Flash magisk (on top of old android 9's magisk installation ?)
  10. Reboot to system
  11. Hopefully everything works xD
Have I missed something, or not? Will it preserve my installed apps, their data and system setting, without crashes on new LOS 17? Thanks in advanced.

Last edited:

hubert-bangol

Jul 3, 2007
Fresh install from a stock ROM 6.0.1 => everything seems to be working very well including rear/front camera and GPS fix very quickly.
Nice work, thanks very much, unbelievable to have android 10 on this device.

Questions :
- Cannot install Magisk. I have last TWRP, installed openGapps without problem. But for Magisk (tried 201. to 20.4) it says "unsupported file format"? The same with Magisk Canary version. Even with the Manager it cannot be installed.
- Is it possible to implement the ANC (Active Noise Cancellation)? It worked with unlocked bootloader under stock 6.0.1 when plugging the Sony MDR-NC31E earphones just before flashing LOS 17.1.

Thanks

NeoArian

Recognized Developer
Nov 25, 2017
Sony Xperia Z2
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Hey @NeoArian. A little typo here, that can cause serious problems for some newbies here. We should use ARM GApps, NOT ARM64. You probably forgot to modify accordingly your post template while creating new thread, since on the lineage's device wiki it correctly specifies ARM Gapps.

If you don't mind, I would also like to ask about updating from official LOS 16 to 17.1 WITHOUT LOSING DATA. So I read here about the procedure but I am not familiar with adb side loading - I am more of TWRP guy myself ;). Are these steps correct for updating through TWRP :confused: :
  1. Have official LOS 16 + your TWRP recommended for android 9 + GApps nano 9 ARM + Magisk 20.4 installed
  2. Download a new TWRP from here
  3. Download latest LOS 17.1 from here and copy it to device
  4. Download GApps from here and copy it to device
  5. Reboot to fastboot and flash new recovery
  6. Boot to recovery
  7. Flash latest LOS 17.1 on top of old LOS 16
  8. Flash new GApps for android 10 (on top of GApps from android 9?)
  9. Flash magisk (on top of old android 9's magisk installation ?)
  10. Reboot to system
  11. Hopefully everything works xD
Have I missed something, or not? Will it preserve my installed apps, their data and system setting, without crashes on new LOS 17? Thanks in advanced.

Oopsie, fixed it.
The steps you mentioned seem fine and the apps and your data should persist, ideally without crashes :D
Good luck!

Fresh install from a stock ROM 6.0.1 => everything seems to be working very well including rear/front camera and GPS fix very quickly.
Nice work, thanks very much, unbelievable to have android 10 on this device.

Questions :
- Cannot install Magisk. I have last TWRP, installed openGapps without problem. But for Magisk (tried 201. to 20.4) it says "unsupported file format"? The same with Magisk Canary version. Even with the Manager it cannot be installed.
- Is it possible to implement the ANC (Active Noise Cancellation)? It worked with unlocked bootloader under stock 6.0.1 when plugging the Sony MDR-NC31E earphones just before flashing LOS 17.1.

Thanks

Glad to hear that it is working good for you! I didn't use magisk since a while now, unfortunately can't guard you with that. Was that ANC implemented system side?

KoMaSo

May 9, 2017
Hi, big thanks to NeoArian,
all works fine. I come from Stock 291 (German Telekom Brand). I had some trouble after flashing Recovery because I can´t start recovery with "fastboot reboot recovery". In my case always an system reboot appears. After some trys I use the keys (Vol- + Power) to boot in Recovery and all works fine. Please tell this in the install LineageOs on Z3c ( https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/z3c/install )

hubert-bangol

Jul 3, 2007
Oopsie, fixed it.
The steps you mentioned seem fine and the apps and your data should persist, ideally without crashes :D
Good luck!

Glad to hear that it is working good for you! I didn't use magisk since a while now, unfortunately can't guard you with that. Was that ANC implemented system side?

In fact I change TWRP, I should have installed the wrong one, Magisk is installed now.

About ANC, it is this functionnality, implemented on Z2 and Z3 series only:
https://www.ibtimes.co.uk/sony-xper...ancelling-technology-how-does-it-work-1439906
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-w9vYV3cT8&t=5m

tonz87

Mar 28, 2017
Just a humble question, do the Sony STM10 stereo microphone works with this rom? Now I'm on Lineage 16 and it doesn't work very well with it (lots of stuttering during the recording)

KoMaSo

May 9, 2017
Hi my device is since 3 days in this rom. The battery dranis fast. The device got no deep sleep. I have checked this with "AccuBattery" App. There are no special apps installed. Has anyone other see the same ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good Evening!

It's the time again, you might have already noticed that lineage 18.1 is official for some devices now. We, the sony shinano maintainers, were not sleeping and have also prepared our device for 18.1. I have uploaded a test build here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/ep...18.1/lineage-18.1-20210406-UNOFFICIAL-z3c.zip
    I would appreciate some testing/feedback on this build. There shouldn't be major issues on the test build, from my own testing it should be on-par with 17.1.
    I am optimistic that we can also achieve an official release of 18.1 for the z3c.

All source codes can be found on the lineageos github in lineage-18.1 branches + additional patches for sony msm8974 are up on gerrit: https://review.lineageos.org/q/status:open+-is:wip

Happy flashing!
    2okPze5.png

Introduction
    LineageOS, an open-source Android distribution, is available for several devices,
    with more being continuously added thanks to the biggest, yet ever growing, Android open-source community.
    Join us and breathe new life in your device, be it old or new.
    If you don't know LineageOS and would like to read about it before installing it you can take a look at the official Website.

Features
    Individuality
    Customization is paramount to productivity.
    That’s why LineageOS promises to push for user personalization and preference.
    Everyone is unique and your device should be too.
    Security
    Your data, your rules. With powerful tools such as Privacy Guard, you are in control of what your apps can do whenever you want.
    Trust will help you understand the security of your device and warn you about possible threats.
    We take security very seriously: that’s why we deliver security updates every month to all our supported devices.
    And to make your device more secure, lock everything behind an enhanced lock screen.
    Longevity
    LineageOS extends the functionality and lifespan of mobile devices from more than 20 different manufacturers thanks to our open-source community of contributors from all around the world.

Installation:
    If you are on stock OS, you need a custom recovery first. You can get the recommended recovery in the official installation instructions link below.
    If you are coming from stock or other ROMs, you need to make a factory reset.
    As always, make sure to backup before installing this ROM.

More detailed instructions at:
    Install LineageOS on z3c

Downloads
    Recommended Google Apps package: Open GApps (choose ARM as Platform and 10.0 as Android, use the Variant you want. Recommended nano package)

Source code
    All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

The device specific source code can be found in the LineageOS Github repo.
    Z3 Compact device tree
    Sony Shinano common device tree
    Sony MSM8974 common device tree
    Sony MSM8974 kernel
    The used defconfig is lineageos_shinano_aries_defconfig.

Changelog:
    Changes for z3c

Bug reports:
    How to submit a bug report
    LineageOS GitLab

Donate to support development:
    Donate via PayPal to NeoArian
    Donate via PayPal to LineageOS

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 17.1 for z3c, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact

Contributors
    NeoArian
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2020-09-08
    Last Updated 2020-09-12
    GOOD NEWS EVERYBODY!!!
    I managed to finally fix the persistent "BTLowPower" wakelock
    which caused the CPU to no longer enter Deep Sleep state and thus resulted in high battery drain once Bluetooth had been enabled! 🍻

UPDATE: I just found a much simpler solution that does the trick! The real culprit was a #ifdef in BT Power Management that was introduced by a commit in July 2019 and then has fallen into oblivion :ROFLMAO:.
    Fixed! -> Version 3.
    @tblr0ne , @L.Lmar : can you please also test this version?

*** TESTERS NEEDED! ***

Find attached the modified boot.img. USE AT OWN RISK!

Installation:
    - reboot Z3C into Bootloader (Vol+)
    - flash new boot image over current LineageOS17.1 installation using fastboot
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot-BTLowPower-fix-3.img
    - reboot
    Code:
    fastboot reboot

NOTE for Magisk users:

After flashing the new boot image, it is required to re-install Magisk. Do this by immediately booting into TWRP after the new boot image is flashed.
    Also note that you need Magisk v20.4 for this! Later versions won't work.
    Anyway, you will be able to upgrade Magisk to up-to-date versions using Magisk Manager after the system has booted.

@NeoArian when everything seems ok, I will create a merge request in LineageOS/android_kernel_sony_msm8974. Is this the correct place / way to go?
    Revived my Z3c with LineageOS 17.1 a few days ago and I'm very pleased so far.
    Nice to see that this great device still has community love and support.

But the current Lineage ROMs have a bug that prevent Netguard (an open source, no root VPN based Firewall) from running correctly and blocks all traffic if the VPN Service is active:
    It seems the problem was fixed for some devices and partly for others but not in general.

@NeoArian Can you have a look if the fix can be ported to the Z3C?
    Yes, i will take a look into the kernel patches soon.
    After neglecting the phone for a couple of months, I finally rediscovered it in a drawer, even with some remaining charge. It was still running an older 17.1 version, and with 20210608 being the latest release, I decided to OTA upgrade.

After downloading, I gave my OK to boot into TWRP (3.3.1 from 2019) but that one didn't find the update automatically.

Is this expected behaviour, or did I miss something important? I found the file in /data/lineageos_updates eventually...

Also during installation, I couldn't spot any hint of GApps being adapted (but PlayStore is still there, so I won't worry) while Magisk (20.4) logs showed up... At the moment, a MagiskManager at 23.0 with Magisk left at 20.4 seems to pass SafetyNet tests, and I'm not eager to break the device. Could this cause any problems?
    Please use the recommened lineage recovery, OTA is working fine with it. If the Playstore is still there you don't need to worry about having lost the gapps.
    What kind of problems do you talk about with magisk?
    The problem still exists in latest 17.1-20210608 Nightly. Any updates?

And I encountered another bug. When I try to uninstall certain apps the package installer immediately closes and nothing happens (for example when trying to uninstall Whatsapp). But only a few apps are affected.
    But it could also be a problem with open GAPPS since GAPPS replaces the AOSP package installer with the google one.

Encryption worked without a problem. First I thought something went wrong because the lineage boot animation was shown for a very long time (20-30 min) and then it rebooted into recovery. After wiping cache and dalvik the OS booted fast and without problems.
    I can not reproduce the issue about uninstalling apps on a build without gapps. Could you get a log of that?
    I'm sorry about the screen timeout issue, but i currently don't have the time to look into it, the main focus lies on device specific issues and an official release of 18.1.
    Hello @NeoArian , hello community. I'am very happy to see that the "BTLowPower" wakelock issue was fixed by @J_C_D and that it was merged into the android_kernel_sony_msm8974 repository last week. Thanks to all of you that spend your time supporting the Z3C and other older devices until now.