• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for D6603 Xperia Z3

Search This thread

Gomeman

Aug 31, 2020
OK, let me summarize and check if I understood correctly:

@SethGeckoXDA you experienced an "SD card damaged" a few days after setting it up, and not related to a ROM update

@Gomeman you experienced a problem after formatting it as internal and then as external, right? I would not be worried that the phone shows 407mb used. Also, that windows finds only one drive is OK when you format as internal.

Thanks a lot to both of you for your reports!
Correct.
Thx

SethGeckoXDA

Feb 19, 2017
OK, let me summarize and check if I understood correctly:

@SethGeckoXDA you experienced an "SD card damaged" a few days after setting it up, and not related to a ROM update

Correct.

Actually, it happened again yesterday: I got the "SD card damaged" error after rebooting the device.

Attached you can find a log. Quickly glancing over it, I can find some crashes as well as suspicious fsck messages. Maybe there is something in it which will help you fix the issue.

Attachments

• logp2.txt
    675 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Mr.Tom_Tom

Mr.Tom_Tom

Feb 16, 2008
Munich
@SethGeckoXDA Thanks a lot for your reply.

Could you please verify that the SD card is healthy, e.g. with H2testw?

Thanks also for the offered logs, but I assume that there is indeed some data corruption on the card now, so we would need a logfile from the point in time when the corruption happened, not from the time after restart.

Dear Sir Tom Tom, thank you for your big efforts to make rom work.

After the installation via TWRP and latest updates, my D6603 still won't connect wifi 5g, but 2.4g is ok. And other weired thing is, whenever I go to connection setting MENU, or some messager apps, wifi 2.4g will drop, then reconnect after. But never connect wifi 5g.

Not sure others may have the same problem as I do? My last rom also from your 17.1, nothing wrong with wifi 2.4g & 5g. What should I do? Reinstall again?

Mr.Tom_Tom

Feb 16, 2008
Munich
Dear Sir Tom Tom, thank you for your big efforts to make rom work.

After the installation via TWRP and latest updates, my D6603 still won't connect wifi 5g, but 2.4g is ok. And other weired thing is, whenever I go to connection setting MENU, or some messager apps, wifi 2.4g will drop, then reconnect after. But never connect wifi 5g.

Not sure others may have the same problem as I do? My last rom also from your 17.1, nothing wrong with wifi 2.4g & 5g. What should I do? Reinstall again?
Please follow the official installation procedure. If you did that already, please submit a logfile.

Sixze

Oct 14, 2021
Am I right that TWRP 3.3.1 is not able to correctly restore Android 11 backups, and Lineage Recovery does not have functionality for creating and restoring backups?

petefoth

This post in the /e/ OS forums describes a workaround for this problem. The workaround allows you to restore an Android 10 backup on a newly installed Android 11 ROM. It also allows you to 'dirty flash' the Android 11 ROM over the Android 10 data. It has worked for me on several Xperia devices including Z3 Compact. It should also work on Z3.

These are the steps in TWRP for 'dirty flash' (this refers to /e/ OS ROMs, but should also work for LineageOS
  1. Backup your existing data partition. (This isn’t actually necessary, but it will make you feel better :) )
  2. Flash the new R ROM (I used the test build I have just made e-0.18-r-20210910-UNOFFICIAL-suzuran)
  3. Advanced > File Manager navigate to /data/user_de/0/org.lineageos.lineagesettings/databases/ and delete both files there (lineagesettings.db and lineagesettings.db-journal)
  4. Wipe cache / dalvik
  5. Reboot system

To restore a backup, after a clean install, then do steps 2 & 3, then restore your backup, then reboot. Good luck!

(More details in this /e/OS issue, along with some alternative workarounds if you like playing with sqlite 3: https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/3712

Reactions: Sixze

xdabuntu

Apr 10, 2018
In the LineageOS installation instruction it says the device needs to be on firmware version 23.5.A.1.291. Mine has 32.4.A.1.54. Do I have to downgrade the firmware? Why? Would this not make the device more unsafe?

Hello, I have problems with fastboot.

I had unlocked/rooted Z3 with ancient TWRP and Sony ROM and I want to updated it to latest LineageOS.
As per instrucions on LineageOS wiki I updated/wiped it to 23.5.A.1.291 using Flastool.
Using service menu I looked at Rooting status: Bootloader unlocked: Yes.
Z3 is not rooted.
I can see Z3 using "adb devices"
I can reboot device using "adb reboot bootloader" or holding volume button + connect to PC. I get blue led so everything should be ok.
But "fastboot devices" return empty list and "fastboot flash recovery rec.img" returns only <waiting for any device>. Same with "fastboot oem unlock".
I tried 2 computers and 3 cables with same results. I installed LineageOS on my new phone without issues but I cant get it working on my old Z3. I tried several times to reboot PC/Z3, reinstalled ABD, installed Sony drivers, Google drivers etc.

Do you have any idea how I could gat LineageOS on my Z3?

siwol

May 9, 2009
the problem that I experienced after installing this rom is the inability to send mms and receive or download them. Can't set internet and mms addresses manually. please help in solving the problem without reloading the custom rom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    great ROM so far on my Z3, wanted to find a way to install Magisk now.
    lineage_strip_teal-png.5158389

Introduction

LineageOS 18.1 is an open-source Android distribution based on the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) version 11 (R). This is the official LineageOS 18.1 thread for the Sony Xperia Z3 (D6603).

Installation

If you are on stock OS, you need a custom recovery first. You can get the recommended recovery in the official installation instructions link below. There are also inofficial TWRP recovery builds available - if you want to use TWRP you need to ensure that it is compatible with Android 10 or later.
    If you are coming from stock or other ROMs, you need to make a factory reset. You also will need a factory reset if you come from LineageOS 17.1 with encryption enabled.
    For upgrading from an earlier LineageOS version, please follow the instructions here.
    As always, make sure to backup before installing this ROM.

Detailed installation instructions

Install LineageOS on z3

Downloads

Source Code

The source code of LineageOS is available here. If you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.
    • The z3 device tree is available here.
    • The kernel is based on V3.4 and source code for this device is available here. The used configuration is lineageos_shinano_leo_defconfig available at arch/arm/configs/lineageos_shinano_leo_defconfig in the kernel source.

Changelog

Changes for z3

Bug reports

How to submit a bug report
    LineageOS GitLab

Contributors

NeoArian, Myself5, Mr.Tom_Tom

If you want to donate to support development:
    Donate via PayPal to NeoArian
    Donate via PayPal to LineageOS
    Remarks, Questions & Answers

Known Major Issues

• Thermal throttling of CPU cores: Due to a design issue of the thermal manager ("Thermanager") when used with older kernels like ours you have to expect that the frequency throttling of the CPU cores may fail, especially after(!) the device was getting hot and is recovering. This may lead to performance issues until reboot and other issues. Workaround: reboot device after heavy use.*
    • Currently we are looking into a potential issue with SD cards formated as "internal" memory:
    • Miracast is currently disabled.
    • You tell us (with logs please)...
    * To our knowledge, these are general issues on all AOSP/LineageOS based custom ROMs for this device family (Shinano).

Further hints
    • This ROM currently does not work with the Z3 Dual SIM variant. Here's a build for the Z3dual.
    • TWRP recovery (inofficial build, optional): TWRP
    • If you need Google Apps we recommend the OpenGApps "nano" package.
    • Magisk - see this post for issues with latest Magisk versions and a workaround
    • If you need to install a lot of apps you may run out of internal DATA storage capacity, especially if you install one of the larger GAPPS packages. These apps are initially placed on the system partition and do not cost you DATA capacity. However, every update which comes over the Play Store then fills up your data partition. Using an SD card formated as "external" storage does not help you much (unless you use a tool like app2sd which is no more recommended) and isn't encrypted. Formating the SD card as "adoptable storage" comes with the drawback that some apps do not allow to be migrated to this storage, and unfortunately this is true for some streaming music/video apps which need to store a lot of data obviously (for offline use). The solution I am using is to partition a SD card as "mixed", which gives you the possibility to offload at least some apps to adoptable storage while you still have a classical external FAT32 partition where e.g. your streaming app can save its offline files:
      1. Find a large (I tested a 400GB microSDXC card) and fast ("A1" or higher) Micro SD card.
      2. Follow this guide to partition your SD card. Note: all data on the card will be lost.
      3. Restart your phone.
      4. When you are notified that a new storage card has been detected, use it as "external". (Your internal partition has been recognized at that point already and does not need interaction.)
      5. Go to settings / Storage. Verify that you see three entries: 1. Your internal phone storage of 16GB. This includes your SYSTEM partition. 2. Your SD card with an SD card symbol. The size shown should be the full capacity of the card. If you click on it, your "external" partition is shown (misleading) as "System" and blocked. Click on migrate data to migrate all possible apps to your adoptable storage. 3. Your sd card partition formated as mobile storage (unencrypted!).

Follow How To Logcat
    • When creating a log, can you make sure you run the command with the -b option to include kernel messages:
      Code:
      adb logcat -b all
    • If your device randomly reboots:
      Go to Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Store logger data persistently on device. After the reboot occured: Pull the logs from /data/misc/logd/ (root required).
    • If your device crashes during boot and reboots to recovery:
      Code:
      adb pull /proc/last_kmsg
    • Please submit logs from clean systems without "Exposed" or similar modifications in place

Your feedback is wanted regarding the following topics
    • Reported size of adoptable storage - there was an issue in Lineage 17.1 - does it work in 18.1?
    • Formating SD cards as "internal storage" - there was an issue in Lineage 17.1 - does it work in 18.1?
    Seems like magisk is still not flashable if installed in TWRP.
    The workaround to flash magisk 20.4 first doesn't work anymore, since the installation aborts because it can't mount /vendor.

Patching a boot.img via magisk manager and flashing it doesn't work either.
    This one should work, see https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/issues/3636
    Does anyone experience a kernel wakelock for SMD like on the Z3 Compact where it prevents deep sleep?
    The interesting part is:

Code:
    07-31 03:03:34.675  2734  2734 I wpa_supplicant: wlan0: Trying to associate with SSID '[SSID Name]'
    07-31 03:03:34.863  2734  2734 I wpa_supplicant: wlan0: CTRL-EVENT-ASSOC-REJECT bssid=10:bf:48:[...] status_code=18

Status Code:
    18Association denied due to requesting station not supporting all of the data rates in the
    BSSBasicRateSet parameter
    Will happen if the rates in the assoc request are not in the BasicRateSet in the beacon.

Hard to tell for me if the root cause for this lies in the handheld device or the access point. I am not 100% sure but I guess my devices connect fine to an 802.11n 2.4GHz network. Look if you have some exotic features enabled in your router, like proprietary bandwidth settings or something like that. If you are interested in digging a bit deeper install this ROM please (just for testing) and send me a log via PM.
    I use the Z3 with a Fritz!Box 7490 and 802.11g+n (Wi-Fi 4) without problems.
    I also use WPA3 with WPA2 fallback (I am not sure at the moment if the Z3 has WPA3 support)