[CLOSED][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for the Google Pixel XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

wavedashdoc

Mar 9, 2011
Is anyone having an issue with auto brightness? It doesn't seem to be working (stays the same level despite covering the sensor). I flashed over the last official 17.1 building and used MindTheGapps, no root.

Tried clearing the storage in Device Health Services and rebooting, no luck.

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
Is anyone having an issue with auto brightness? It doesn't seem to be working (stays the same level despite covering the sensor). I flashed over the last official 17.1 building and used MindTheGapps, no root.

Tried clearing the storage in Device Health Services and rebooting, no luck.
this devices sensor gets touchy as it gets older... I had 2, one where it was wonky, and one where it was fine.

No matter what I try, I cannot get Google Play to show as certified.
I used MindTheGapps-11.0.0-arm64-20220217_100228 per npjohnson. No luck after several wipes/formats and retries. Does anyone have recommendations to get it certified?

Homeboy76

Recognized Contributor
Aug 24, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
No matter what I try, I cannot get Google Play to show as certified.
I used MindTheGapps-11.0.0-arm64-20220217_100228 per npjohnson. No luck after several wipes/formats and retries. Does anyone have recommendations to get it certified?
If you sideloaded Magisk: Install LineageOS on marlin ...Installing LineageOS from recovery, 6. (Optionally): If you want to install any add-ons... (Gapps, Magisk, etc. are add-on)

Try this: Open this thread: [Guide] Root Pixel XL Android 11 (R) go to Index, 4. Root/Reroot with Magisk and Pass SafetyNet, • Pass Safety Net with SafetyNet Fix 2.2.1

Last edited:

houscpp2

Jan 29, 2022
It seems something wrong happen to my pixel xl, the screen keep freeze and try to reboot like 10 times,

When it reboot 10 times and i finally enter to the system, it will suddenly loop the above process again.

What should I do to help you figure it out what's going wrong?

IMG_20220318_115554.jpg

houscpp2

Jan 29, 2022
Attached the logcat.

Also want to know, is there any method i can transfer/copy the file at the phone if I only able to enter recovery mode?
If i want to use adb pull, what should be the command
I use

adb pull /storage/emulated/0/DCIM

but it ruturn the result of no such file or directory... Can someone help to tell me what should be the correct path of DCIM file? Much appreciated.

Attachments

• logcat.zip
    226 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
Attached the logcat.

Also want to know, is there any method i can transfer/copy the file at the phone if I only able to enter recovery mode?
If i want to use adb pull, what should be the command
I use

adb pull /storage/emulated/0/DCIM

but it ruturn the result of no such file or directory... Can someone help to tell me what should be the correct path of DCIM file? Much appreciated.
Lineage recovery doesn't mount/decrypt /data.

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
It seems something wrong happen to my pixel xl, the screen keep freeze and try to reboot like 10 times,

When it reboot 10 times and i finally enter to the system, it will suddenly loop the above process again.

What should I do to help you figure it out what's going wrong?

View attachment 5564059
hardware issue or cheap panel? Check stock to see if it works

houscpp2

Jan 29, 2022
is your device panel a replacement, or stock?

Your device is randomly rebooting?

The device panel is stock and i never disassembly the phone but I use it so many years.

When i wake up this morning, i found that the screen is "freeze", so i force reboot it manually and it enter to system successfully, however, after using it for 1 to 2 mins, the screen freeze again and auto reboot. And it keeps this process repeat all of today and now it is still rebooting.

So i capture the logcat when the device enter to the system successfully and provide to you.

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
The device panel is stock and i never disassembly the phone but I use it so many years.

When i wake up this morning, i found that the screen is "freeze", so i force reboot it manually and it enter to system successfully, however, after using it for 1 to 2 mins, the screen freeze again and auto reboot. And it keeps this process repeat all of today and now it is still rebooting.

So i capture the logcat when the device enter to the system successfully and provide to you.
this sounds very much like a hardware issue.

Please flash stock and check if it hangs on stock.

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
I try to format data and factory reset at recovery mode and flash rom again, the situation continue.
And i found that some text show on the screen now

View attachment 5564783
again, sounds like a "hardware issue" - not something you can wipe and fix - try stock.

That isn't an error, it's expected.

See if it happens on the stock ROM.

After many sleepless nights and since I am still unable to get the Google Play Store to be certified, maybe more specific questions can lead me to a solution. I hope so.....

1. Is root needed to have a 'certified' Play Store status with this ROM?
2. If root isn't needed (since it isn't supported), how can I make it 'certified'?

I've tried rooted and not rooted to no avail. I'm currently sitting at an unrooted most up to date 18.1 lineage ROM status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineage-os-logo.png

Google Pixel XL

Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 18.1 thread for the Google Pixel XL.

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.

Official Builds:
    Unofficial - built once a month by me, includes GApps and Pixel goodies:
    If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • Sound Trigger (Screen-off "Hey Google" detection) is nonfunctional due to incompatibilities with older proprietary binaries, and lack of system space for needed Google Apps.
    • Find any? Report them according to this guide.
    Notes:
    • Firmware is shipped in the ROM package for this device, so no need to worry about updating it on your own!
    • The only supported GApps package at the moment is OpenGApps pico, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_google_marlin
    IMS (VoLTE/Wi-Fi Calling) are fixed. Next build will have it remediated.
    Wow! That's really a great news!!!
    and, there will be official builds now!
    Just fixed the final hurdle to 20.0, not saying it will come _soon_ but we now have a path to official 20.0 builds.
    First official build for marlin will be Saturday night.

For those of you still on my builds - you can't flash officials without wiping - but good news, you are welcome to stay on my builds, and they will continue to come out monthly. Up to you.

EDIT: For those of you asking I do take donations @ paypal.me/nolenjohnson